Are you interested in learning how to buy Modafinil in Guatemala?
If so, you're in luck. We put together this lengthy guide to explain everything you need to know about buying Provigil and generic nootropics in the country.
We’ll explain Modafinil to you, inside and out, by covering everything from its benefits and side effects to its legal status, where to buy some, and more.
But for Guatemalans and expats looking for a quick answer…
Get 15% off all Buy Moda products as a Modafinil.com reader.
Just use this code at checkout: BUYMODA#1
If you’re looking for more than just our recommended vendor, keep reading…
Below we’ll explore the legalities of Modafinil, how to buy this smart drug in a pharmacy in Guatemala, the best online vendors for generic Modafinil, and even an alternative nootropic that you may like to consider.
What Is Modafinil?
These days, Modafinil is considered to be a miracle nootropic when used correctly, yet that’s not how the drug originated.
Originally, Modafinil was developed as a treatment for narcolepsy and released in France under the brand name ‘Modiodal’ in 1994. It was approved by the FDA in 1998 and released stateside as ‘Provigil’.
Besides narcolepsy, Modafinil is used to treat a variety of sleep-related conditions including Shift Work Disorder, which affects people who work night shifts, and sleep apnea, a condition where a persons’ airways become obstructed during sleep. As a stimulant, Modafinil can also help treat psychological conditions like Attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder , and amphetamine/cocaine dependence and addiction .
Modafinil works by increasing the level of histamines and dopamine in the brain . This makes the user feel extremely alert for over 12 hours, while simultaneously boosting their mood and suppressing their appetite . Modafinil’s “feel-good” effect comes from the extra dopamine , and this important neurotransmitter is also behind dramatic improvements in a person’s memory and ability to concentrate .
These benefits are well-known among busy students, working professionals, CEOs, and even Wall Street traders, many of whom use Modafinil to power through 20+ hour working days without a break.
The facts speak for themselves; Modafinil offers a range of amazing research-backed benefits such as:
- Reduced feelings of fatigue .
- Elevated mood and motivation .
- Fast reaction times and heightened vigilance .
- Enhanced cognitive functions .
While Modafinil isn’t the real-life version of the pill from “Limitless”, it will help you work or study far more effectively and productively than you’d otherwise be able to. It kills any feelings of tiredness and dramatically increases your productivity.
Is Modafinil Legal in Guatemala?
For Guatemala, Modafinil’s legal status is a little complicated. But generally speaking, the answer is yes!
Technically, you should be able to go into any pharmacy and ask for Modafinil – no prescription required – as buying prescription drugs from pharmacies in Guatemala without a prescription usually isn't a big deal.
The problem is that Modafinil has never been registered or authorized for use here. Outside of Europe, only nine countries have authorized Modafinil as a pharmaceutical and Guatemala isn’t one of them. Therefore, most Guatemalan pharmacies don’t stock the drug and few pharmacists will have even heard of it or know what it is.
You'll probably have to visit a handful of pharmacies in Guatemala City to find any Modafinil. Outside of the capital, you will NOT find nootropics like Modafinil at any pharmacy.
As Modafinil is an unregistered pharmaceutical here, it falls into a legal ‘grey area’. It’s not 100% percent legal, yet it’s not a narcotic and certainly doesn’t show up on Guatemala's registered drug list offered by the Ministerio de Salud Pública website .
But here's the thing:
It's easier and much cheaper to order generic Modafinil online, which is exactly what we'll discuss below.
Where to Buy Modafinil Online in Guatemala | 2021 Guide
Ah yes, the most crucial section: where to buy Modafinil online in Guatemala?
The two vendors below have been in business for years and have thousands of positive reviews online from satisfied customers.
They have absolutely no problems shipping legit Modafinil to the country. We can vouch for them and we’re sure you’ll be as delighted with their service as we have been.
Buy Moda is our number one Modafinil vendor these days. They offer the best all-around value when it comes to Modafinil vendors.
Here’s what we love about these guys:
- LOW Prices: Buy Moda offers Modafinil at some of the lowest prices in the world. There are many ways to save, including the coupon code ‘BUYMODA#1’ that you can use to get 10% off any order over $100.
- Pill Bonuses: You’ll get 30 free pills when you spend over $150, and 20% extra on your next order. These great bonuses make Buy Moda’s prices very economical.
- Good Selection of Products: Buy Moda offers three of the best generic Modafinil products around; Modvigil, Modalert, and Vilafinil. Try them all and see which one suits you best!
- Money-Back Guarantee: Buy Moda guarantees every order with a simple promise; either you get your Modafinil or you get one free reshipment. If the second delivery doesn’t show up, you’ll get a full refund, no questions asked.
- Discreet Packaging: Buy Moda packages their shipments in such a way that nobody else has to know you're ordering Modafinil. This is nice if you live with your parents or housemates and don’t want them to know about your Modafinil habit!
- Outstanding Customer Service: The customer service team at Buy Moda is awe-inspiring. They are all American and respond very quickly to all questions and inquiries.
- Bitcoin Discount: Buy Moda’s prices are already great, but you can save a further 20% on your order if you use Bitcoin when you checkout. Talk about savings!
Buy Moda excels in every area that matters when it comes to buying Modafinil online. You won't be disappointed with them. Te lo juro.
Get 15% off all Buy Moda products as a Modafinil.com reader.
Just use this code at checkout: BUYMODA#1
Modafinil XL is another excellent vendor in its own right. It's got some unique features too, such as an informative website and a FREE trial pack offer.
Here's a bit more about what we love about these guys:
- Wide Selection: Modafinil XL has the most extensive selection of quality Modafinil products you'll find anywhere. For example, they have products like Modalert and Modvigil, but they also have lesser-known brands like Modaheal and Modafresh. Their latest product – Indian Modafil MD – is taken sublingually for a faster, more intense cognitive boost. Buy some today!
- Free Shipping on Large Orders: If you make an order valued at over $80, you get free shipping. This helps make large orders very affordable. Spend more than $150 and this gets bumped up to Express shipping.
- Educational and Informative Website: Modafinil XL has a website that helps newcomers to Modafinil make a more informed buying decision. It's VERY educational and is packed full of helpful information, science, and insights.
- Bitcoin Discount: Just like our other favorite vendor, you’ll get 20% off when you pay with Bitcoin – just another brilliant way to save.
- Guaranteed Delivery: Modafinil XL offers one free reship and a full refund in the extremely unlikely event that your order doesn’t show up. Basically, you’ve got nothing to worry about when you order from these guys!
- FREE Trial Pack Offer: If you’re a nootropics newbie and aren’t sure whether Modafinil is for you; Modafinil XL makes it easy to find out. Simply cover the $29 shipping fee and they’ll send you 10 free Modafinil or Armodafinil pills. Try them and see!
All in all, Modafinil XL is an excellent vendor with a great website, tons of products, and good deals. We’re big fans of these guys overall and especially recommend them to beginners who just want to test Modafinil for the first time.
Get 10% off all ModafinilXL products as a Modafinil.com reader.
Just use this code at checkout: ENJOY10OFF
Modafinil is technically legal in Guatemala, so you won't have to worry about any legal issues when you order some. Still, you may prefer something entirely over-the-counter. We completely understand.
You see, as Modafinil increases levels of dopamine in the brain, it has a low risk of abuse and a low risk of dependence. It’s much safer than amphetamines, but you still need to be careful.
We recommend that you take Modafinil no more than two or three times per week and that you limit your dose to 200mg.
On your ‘off’ days when you still want a cognitive boost, it’s good to take an alternative nootropic that’s 100% safe and non-addictive.
We have one excellent nootropic in mind. This is our favorite Modafinil alternative for anyone and everyone residing in Guatemala:
Mind Lab Pro
Mind Lab Pro is an all-in-one nootropic that’s like a “multivitamin” for your brain. Unlike Modafinil, it’s not a pharmaceutical and is certified drug-free. It contains 11 research-backed natural ingredients which are all scientifically calibrated to deliver the maximum benefit to your cognition.
These include things like:
- Lion's Mane Mushroom, a natural extract that has been proven to elevate mood and foster a sense of well-being .
- Citicoline, another natural nootropic that has been shown to boost working memory .
- Bacopa Monnieri, a powerful natural substance that is considered by many experts to be the most effective natural nootropic in the world. It offers long-term neuroprotection and a huge boost to focus and concentration .
Together, these ingredients work synergistically to give you a big increase in your mental performance for over six hours!
While this is less than the 12+ hours you get from Modafinil, it’s still long enough to eviscerate your workload.
Best of all…
Mind Lab Pro gives you a huge boost in your creativity while being completely side-effect free.
Overall, it's definitely worth using during your “off” days from Modafinil and is a great year-round nootropic.
Highly, highly recommended!
Mind Lab Pro!
Modafinil in Guatemala | The Verdict?
That's it about it. We hope you found this article informative.
We've covered it all. Everything you need to know about Modafinil in Guatemala. You now know about Modafinil's history, which two vendors you can trust, and you even know what Modafinil alternatives are worth trying.
- Biederman J, Swanson JM, Wigal SB, Boellner SW, Earl CQ, Lopez FA; Modafinil ADHD Study Group. A comparison of once-daily and divided doses of modafinil in children with attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder: a randomized, double-blind, and placebo-controlled study. J Clin Psychiatry. 2006 May;67(5):727-35. doi: 10.4088/jcp.v67n0506. PMID: 16841622.
- Dackis CA, Kampman KM, Lynch KG, Pettinati HM, O'Brien CP. A double-blind, placebo-controlled trial of modafinil for cocaine dependence. Neuropsychopharmacology. 2005 Jan;30(1):205-11. doi: 10.1038/sj.npp.1300600. PMID: 15525998.#
- Gerrard P, Malcolm R. Mechanisms of modafinil: A review of current research. Neuropsychiatr Dis Treat. 2007;3(3):349–364.
- Brown RE, Stevens DR, Haas HL. The physiology of brain histamine. Prog Neurobiol. 2001;63(6):637-672. doi:10.1016/s0301-0082(00)00039-3
- Zolkowska D, Jain R, Rothman RB, Partilla JS, Roth BL, Setola V, Prisinzano TE, Baumann MH. Evidence for the involvement of dopamine transporters in behavioral stimulant effects of modafinil. J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 2009 May;329(2):738-46. doi: 10.1124/jpet.108.146142. Epub 2009 Feb 5. PMID: 19197004; PMCID: PMC2672878.
- Minzenberg MJ, Carter CS. Modafinil: a review of neurochemical actions and effects on cognition. Neuropsychopharmacology. 2008 Jun;33(7):1477-502. doi: 10.1038/sj.npp.1301534. Epub 2007 Aug 22. PMID: 17712350.
- Young JW. Dopamine D1 and D2 receptor family contributions to modafinil-induced wakefulness. J Neurosci. 2009;29(9):2663–2665. doi:10.1523/JNEUROSCI.5843-08.2009
- Pigeau R, Naitoh P, Buguet A, McCann C, Baranski J, Taylor M, Thompson M, MacK I I. Modafinil, d-amphetamine and placebo during 64 hours of sustained mental work. I. Effects on mood, fatigue, cognitive performance and body temperature. J Sleep Res. 1995 Dec;4(4):212-228. doi: 10.1111/j.1365-2869.1995.tb00172.x. PMID: 10607161.
- Chapotot F, Pigeau R, Canini F, Bourdon L, Buguet A. Distinctive effects of modafinil and d-amphetamine on the homeostatic and circadian modulation of the human waking EEG. Psychopharmacology (Berl). 2003 Mar;166(2):127-38. doi: 10.1007/s00213-002-1315-8. Epub 2003 Jan 28. PMID: 12552359. 5.
- Müller, U., Rowe, J. B., Rittman, T., Lewis, C., Robbins, T. W., & Sahakian, B. J. (2013, January). Effects of modafinil on non-verbal cognition, task enjoyment and creative thinking in healthy volunteers. Retrieved from https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3485563/
- Gobierno de Guatemala – Ministerio De Salud. (n.d.). Retrieved from https://medicamentos.mspas.gob.gt/
- Mori K, Inatomi S, Ouchi K, Azumi Y, Tuchida T. Improving effects of the mushroom Yamabushitake (Hericium erinaceus) on mild cognitive impairment: a double-blind placebo-controlled clinical trial. Phytother Res. 2009;23(3):367-372. doi:10.1002/ptr.2634
- Grieb P. Neuroprotective properties of citicoline: facts, doubts and unresolved issues. CNS Drugs. 2014;28(3):185-193. doi:10.1007/s40263-014-0144-8
- Kongkeaw C, Dilokthornsakul P, Thanarangsarit P, Limpeanchob N, Norman Scholfield C. Meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials on cognitive effects of Bacopa monnieri extract. J Ethnopharmacol. 2014;151(1):528-535. doi:10.1016/j.jep.2013.11.008