Looking for information about how to buy Modafinil in Hong Kong right now? If that's you, we’re here to help.
Modafinil is the world’s most popular ‘smart’ drug, and this comprehensive guide will explain everything you need to know about finding and buying it in Hong Kong.
Whether you are a local, living here as an expat, or are just planning to visit, this guide will explain everything you could possibly want to know about getting legit Modafinil during your time in Hong Kong.
Our goal is to help you learn everything you need to know about getting Modafinil in Hong Kong.
Fortunately, buying Modafinil in Hong Kong isn’t complicated, and you should have no problem getting your hands on some.
Just keep reading to find out how!
What is Modafinil?
So, what is this wonder smart drug called Modafinil? Well…
Modafinil was discovered by Michel Jouvet, a French neuroscientist working at Lafon Laboratories in France in the late 1970s. It was first trialed in 1986 as a way of helping narcolepsy sufferers and proved its worth as a powerful ‘eugeroic,’ which means a ‘wakefulness-promoting agent’.
Modafinil was initially released in France under the name ‘Modiodal’ in 1994 and was widely prescribed to treat a range of sleep-related conditions including narcolepsy, shift work sleep disorder, and sleep apnea/hypopnea .
After the U.S. Food and Drug Administration approved Modafinil in 1998, it was introduced to the U.S. under the brand name ‘Provigil,’ where it quickly developed a reputation for its ‘off label’ benefits. Provigil became known as a ‘smart’ drug that could enhance people’s ability to think, work, and concentrate for extended periods. Doctors began prescribing the drug to treat a range of cognitive disorders such as Attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder , and cocaine dependence .
During the early 2000s, fast-paced professionals such as CEOs and Silicon Valley executives began experimenting with Provigil and found it gave them a competitive edge. Some executives claimed that it let them work consistent 20-hour days .
Provigil gained a reputation as a safer alternative to Adderall and quickly became the study drug of choice for stressed-out students. So, if you’re curious about how to buy Modafinil in Hong Kong, there’s one simple reason why:
Modafinil just works.
Benefits of Modafinil
Modafinil has many research-backed benefits and is widely considered to be a potent cognitive enhancer .
Modafinil’s documented benefits include:
- Increased resistance to fatigue .
- Improved mood.
- Increased motivation .
- Improved reaction times.
- Increased vigilance .
- Reduced ‘impulse response’ – i.e. bad decisions.
- Enhanced brain function in sleep-deprived test subjects .
Modafinil has gained a reputation for being the best and most effective smart drug currently available. It won’t do your work for you, but it will dramatically increase your output and effectiveness by giving you the sense that you can accomplish anything while you’re using it.
Modafinil Side Effects and Safety
Although Modafinil has been well-researched and is generally regarded to be a safe drug, it does have some minor side effects that you should be aware of.
Most importantly, Modafinil is classified as a prescription drug in most countries because it has a low risk of abuse and a low risk of dependence. In common with other drugs that increase levels of dopamine, such as amphetamines, Modafinil may cause dependence issues if taken at high doses for a prolonged period. Thankfully, documented cases of Modafinil are vanishingly rare .
We recommend that you limit your Modafinil intake to one 200mg tablet per day, two or three times per week. Every two months, give yourself and complete a two-week break. This will help prevent your body from developing tolerance and will ensure that you keep getting the same cognitive benefits without having to increase your dose.
Modafinil’s other documented side effects include :
- Dry mouth and/or throat.
- Insomnia and or difficulty sleeping.
- Dry eyes.
- Loss of appetite.
The good news is that these side effects are mild and temporary. They generally subside within 24 hours and will diminish as soon as your body becomes accustomed to Modafinil. Studies into the use of Modafinil by military aviators have shown that fewer than two percent of users experience any side effects at all [12, 13].
The only serious side effects you should be aware of are severe skin rashes, an elevated risk of congenital birth defects, and an increased risk of higher blood pressure and psychological events such as mania . Therefore, you should not take Modafinil if you are pregnant or have a history of cardiovascular complications or mental illness.
We’re not doctors and this isn’t medical advice so we strongly advise you to see your doctor before taking Modafinil and cease use immediately if you experience any of the side effects listed above.
Is Modafinil Legal in Hong Kong?
We’re not lawyers or legal scholars, so the following should NOT be taken as legal advice. This section about the legalities of Modafinil in Hong Kong should not be misconstrued as anything more than hyperbole.
We urge you to follow all laws during your stay in Hong Kong and do your due diligence.
So, is Modafinil legal in Hong Kong?
If you are visiting Hong Kong, you can bring a 30-day supply of Modafinil with you provided you have a valid prescription or a letter from your doctor. That’s perfectly legal.
Other than that, no Modafinil is not legal. You see, Modafinil is not a registered pharmaceutical product in Hong Kong. A quick search of the Hong Kong government’s Department of Health’s drug database reveals that no products containing Modafinil are registered .
This was confirmed in 2016 when the Department of Health issued a safety alert for Modafinil and confirmed that in “Hong Kong, there is no registered pharmaceutical product containing Modafinil” .
Under Hong Kong law, it is an offense to buy, sell, or possess unregistered pharmaceutical products such as Modafinil.
Can You Buy Modafinil in Hong Kong from a Pharmacy?
The short answer? No.
As Modafinil is not a registered pharmaceutical product here, it cannot be purchased from a pharmacy.
While there have been reports that a few pharmacies in Hong Kong sell Modafinil without a prescription, these reports are unconfirmed. No registered pharmacy sells modafinil in Hong Kong.
Fortunately, there's a far better option…
Where to Buy Modafinil Online in Hong Kong | 2022 Guide
What's that better option that we’re talking about?
Ordering Modafinil online from some of the most trusted Modafinil pharmacies in the world.
You see, although Modafinil isn’t a registered drug in Hong Kong, it’s not a narcotic and sails through customs without any issues whatsoever.
The two online Modafinil vendors we recommend have perfected the art of packaging small quantities of Modafinil discreetly. They offer rapid shipping and guaranteed delivery. Basically, you have no risk.
The vendors below aren't your typical fly-by-night underground labs or medicine shops in Hong Kong. They are respectable pharmacies that sell real smart drugs for great prices. Our team has made many purchases from both of them over the years and never been disappointed.
But enough of the hype, let's dive in and take a look at where to buy Modafinil online in Hong Kong:
Buy Moda is our top-rated Modafinil vendor for anyone living in Hong Kong who wants to get their hands on high-quality Modafinil. Of the countless online vendors our team has tested over the past decade, Buy Moda outshines them all.
Here are some of the many reasons why they’ve earned our trust:
- Great Prices: Buy Moda’s prices are gloriously low. They sell Modafinil at very affordable prices and the more you order, the less you pay per pill. If you buy more than $100, you can use the code ‘BUYMODA#1’ to get 10% off your entire order.
- Wide Variety of Products: Buy Moda’s product selection is second to none. They offer all the top generic brands including Modalert, Modvigil, Modaheal, and Vilafinil. It's safe to say you'll find something that suits you here.
- FAST Shipping: Buy Moda ships to Hong Kong from Singapore so you can expect your order to arrive in as little as two weeks. Oh, and all orders over $100 qualify for free shipping.
- Guaranteed Delivery: If you don't get your package for any reason, you're entitled to one free reshipment or full refund. This gives you peace of mind every time you order.
- Discreet Packaging: One reason why Buy Moda can offer guaranteed delivery to Hong Kong is its success rate. It uses discreet packaging that ensures every order flies through customs. No one will know what you ordered, even if you live with your parents or housemates.
- Discounts and Deals: Buy Moda offers many ways to save. If your order exceeds $150, you’ll get 30 free pills and if you pay with Bitcoin, you’ll get 20% off your order. You’ll get 20% extra pills on your second order as a bonus for being a returning customer!
Overall, there’s a lot to love about Buy Moda. Their customer service is outstanding. Their products are excellent. Their delivery times are fast. Their guarantees are rock-solid, and their prices are outstanding.
Do yourself a favor, and order some Modafinil from Buy Moda today. You won’t regret it.
Get 15% off all Buy Moda products as a Modafinil.com reader.
Just use this code at checkout: BUYMODA#1
The second Modafinil vendor we recommend for people in Hong Kong is Modafinil XL. They offer many of the same benefits as Buy Moda, but they also offer a handful of additional advantages that really makes them stand out.
Here is just a shortlist of what you can expect from them:
- Massive Variety of Products: If you’re someone who likes having options, you won't be disappointed with Modafinil XL. They have a huge range of Modafinil products including Modvigil, Modalert, Modafresh, Modaheal, and a sublingual tablet – Indian Modafil MD. That's not even the full list if you can believe it. They truly have something for everyone.
- Guaranteed Delivery: This is a nice benefit to have just in case anything happens to your order. Let the team at Modafinil XL know if your order doesn’t arrive and you can get a full refund or reshipment. No questions asked!
- Informative Website: Modafinil XL’s website is spectacular and has a wealth of information. This is great for those new to nootropics as their informative articles help anyone new to the “nootropic world” get a handle on what to expect from the different nootropics. Great for beginners.
- FAST Shipping: Modafinil XL ships from Singapore, their average shipping times to Hong Kong are outstanding. Best of all, shipping is free on all orders over $80 while orders over $150 qualify for complimentary express shipping.
- Bitcoin Discount: Modafinil XL also offers an impressive 20% discount for all customers who pay with Bitcoin.
- FREE Trial Pack: Aren’t sure whether Modafinil is right for you? Well, if you stump up the $29 shipping fee, Modafinil XL will send you 10 free Modafinil or Armodafinil pills to try! This way, you get to see how fast they ship and how potent their nootropics are before you make a proper order.
As you can see, Modafinil XL offers some outstanding benefits. Their prices aren’t the lowest, but their informative website and FREE trial pack offer make them ideal for nootropics newbies who just want to see what all the fuss is about.
Get 10% off all ModafinilXL products as a Modafinil.com reader.
Just use this code at checkout: ENJOY10OFF
You shouldn't have any issues whatsoever buying Modafinil online and having it shipped to Hong Kong. But, as Modafinil isn’t registered here, we understand if you feel hesitant about buying an unregistered pharmaceutical from an online source.
We get it. That’s why we also recommend a 100% legal, over-the-counter nootropic that offers Modafinil-like cognitive benefits.
Without further ado, here it is:
Mind Lab Pro
Mind Lab Pro is more than just a Modafinil alternative; it’s the world’s first universal nootropic. It combines 11 research-backed natural nootropics to unlock 100% of your brain’s power.
What gives us the confidence to make that claim? Well, we’ve tested Mind Lab Pro and found that it offers benefits that are comparable to Modafinil, with ZERO side effects and enhanced creativity.
Mind Lab Pro’s most potent ingredient is Bacopa Monnieri. Bacopa is widely considered to be the ultimate natural nootropic in the world. It offers a Modafinil-like boost to your focus, memory, and cognition while also offering long-term neuroprotection .
The second notable ingredient is Citicoline. This potent nootropic has been scientifically proven to improve episodic and working memory . It also acts synergistically to increase the effectiveness of other nootropics like Bacopa.
The one ingredient that makes Mind Lab Pro ‘kick’ is undoubtedly Lion's Mane Mushroom. Scientific studies have shown that this natural nootropic helps improve mood and motivation .
Together, these natural nootropics work in synergy to optimize a wide array of cognitive functions — giving you ‘whole-life’ mental performance. This includes a ton more creativity – something you don’t get from Modafinil – and the ability to seamlessly shift from one activity to the next.
Best of all – Mind Lab Pro is certified drug-free and has virtually ZERO side effects, which is something we can’t say about Modafinil.
The downside? It won’t give you the 12+ hours of superhuman focus that you get from Modafinil. But in our trials, we found that it lasts a solid 6 hours, which is still plenty of time to get stuff done.
Overall, Mind Lab Pro has become our go-to nootropic for those days where we aren’t taking Modafinil and still want a cognitive boost. This is how we use it, by the way. It’s a great nootropic for cycling with Modafinil, and that's how we recommend you use it too.
Highly recommended overall!
Mind Lab Pro!
Modafinil in Hong Kong | The Verdict?
That’s about it, ladies and gentlemen.
If you’re looking for information on how to buy Modafinil in Hong Kong, that’s pretty much everything you need to know.
This entertaining guide has covered all the legalities of Modafinil and the best online pharmacies you can use while living in or visiting Hong Kong.
- Gerrard P, Malcolm R. Mechanisms of modafinil: A review of current research. Neuropsychiatr Dis Treat. 2007;3(3):349–364.
- Biederman J, Swanson JM, Wigal SB, Boellner SW, Earl CQ, Lopez FA; Modafinil ADHD Study Group. A comparison of once-daily and divided doses of modafinil in children with attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder: a randomized, double-blind, and placebo-controlled study. J Clin Psychiatry. 2006 May;67(5):727-35. doi: 10.4088/jcp.v67n0506. PMID: 16841622.
- Dackis CA, Kampman KM, Lynch KG, Pettinati HM, O'Brien CP. A double-blind, placebo-controlled trial of modafinil for cocaine dependence. Neuropsychopharmacology. 2005 Jan;30(1):205-11. doi: 10.1038/sj.npp.1300600. PMID: 15525998.
- How Many Silicon Valley Startup Executives Are Hopped Up On Provigil? (2008, July 15). Retrieved from https://techcrunch.com/2008/07/15/how-many-of-our-startup-executives-are-hopped-up-on-provigil/
- Teodorini, R. D., Rycroft, N., & Smith-Spark, J. H. (2020, February 5). The off-prescription use of modafinil: An online survey of perceived risks and benefits. Retrieved from https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7001904/
- Young JW. Dopamine D1 and D2 receptor family contributions to modafinil-induced wakefulness. J Neurosci. 2009;29(9):2663–2665. doi:10.1523/JNEUROSCI.5843-08.2009
- Pigeau R, Naitoh P, Buguet A, McCann C, Baranski J, Taylor M, Thompson M, MacK I I. Modafinil, d-amphetamine and placebo during 64 hours of sustained mental work. I. Effects on mood, fatigue, cognitive performance and body temperature. J Sleep Res. 1995 Dec;4(4):212-228. doi: 10.1111/j.1365-2869.1995.tb00172.x. PMID: 10607161.
- Chapotot F, Pigeau R, Canini F, Bourdon L, Buguet A. Distinctive effects of modafinil and d-amphetamine on the homeostatic and circadian modulation of the human waking EEG. Psychopharmacology (Berl). 2003 Mar;166(2):127-38. doi: 10.1007/s00213-002-1315-8. Epub 2003 Jan 28. PMID: 12552359. 5.
- Müller, U., Rowe, J. B., Rittman, T., Lewis, C., Robbins, T. W., & Sahakian, B. J. (2013, January). Effects of modafinil on non-verbal cognition, task enjoyment and creative thinking in healthy volunteers. Retrieved from https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3485563/
- Krishnan R, Chary KV. A rare case modafinil dependence. J Pharmacol Pharmacother. 2015;6(1):49-50. doi:10.4103/0976-500X.149149
- (2016, February 15). Retrieved from https://medlineplus.gov/druginfo/meds/a602016.html
- Estrada A, Kelley AM, Webb CM, Athy JR, Crowley JS. Modafinil as a replacement for dextroamphetamine for sustaining alertness in military helicopter pilots. Aviat Space Environ Med. 2012;83(6):556-64.
- Ooi T, Wong SH, See B. Modafinil as a Stimulant for Military Aviators. Aerosp Med Hum Perform. 2019;90(5):480-483. doi:10.3357/AMHP.5298.2019
- Provigil and Nuvigil Side Effects. (n.d.). Retrieved from https://www.drugwatch.com/provigil-and-nuvigil/side-effects/
- Search Drug Database. (n.d.). Retrieved from https://www.drugoffice.gov.hk/eps/do/en/consumer/search_drug_database.html
- Other safety alerts. (2016, September 27). Retrieved from http://www.drugoffice.gov.hk/eps/news/showNews/The+United+Kingdom%3A+Freshers+warned+to+be+smart+and+avoid+Modafinil+/healthcare_providers/2016-09-27/en/26843.html
- Kongkeaw C, Dilokthornsakul P, Thanarangsarit P, Limpeanchob N, Norman Scholfield C. Meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials on cognitive effects of Bacopa monnieri extract. J Ethnopharmacol. 2014;151(1):528-535. doi:10.1016/j.jep.2013.11.008
- Grieb P. Neuroprotective properties of citicoline: facts, doubts and unresolved issues. CNS Drugs. 2014;28(3):185-193. doi:10.1007/s40263-014-0144-8
- Mori K, Inatomi S, Ouchi K, Azumi Y, Tuchida T. Improving effects of the mushroom Yamabushitake (Hericium erinaceus) on mild cognitive impairment: a double-blind placebo-controlled clinical trial. Phytother Res. 2009;23(3):367-372. doi:10.1002/ptr.2634