Flmodafinil is a new research product that’s structurally similar to Modafinil, but thought to be more powerful with longer-lasting effects — and the normal Flmodafinil dosage is typically about half of the normal Modafinil dosage.
But there's a bit more to it than that…
If you’re interested to learn more about Flmodafinil and proper dosing protocol, keep reading this detailed guide. We cover everything you must know.
What Is Flmodafinil?
Flmodafinil, also known as CRL-40,940, bisfluoromodafinil or lauflumide, is an analog of Modafinil — which means that it’s very similar structurally.
It consists of the same structure as Modafinil, with the addition of two fluoride units (hence the name bisfluoromodafinil). Although this may not sound like a big deal, Flmodafinil is thought to be 2-4 times as strong as Modafinil and to have a longer half-life, meaning that mg-by-mg, Flmodafinil takes longer to clear the organism .
It was created in 2013, and has been undergoing clinical trials for narcolepsy and hypersomnia (sleep disorders) since 2015. It’s currently not classed as a prescription drug, so researchers can purchase it online with relative ease.
However, this could change .
Benefits of Flmodafinil
Because of its similarities to Modafinil, Flmodafinil is being analyzed as a potentially powerful nootropic. Reportedly, it provides benefits that are similar to those of Modafinil, namely:
- More energy: In clinical studies, Modafinil has shown promise at battling fatigue in people with cancer, multiple sclerosis, and psychiatric disorders [3, 4, 5].
- Better memory: In healthy people, Modafinil is able to improve memory and learning skills .
- Improved mood: Modafinil has been found to improve mood in healthy people, and animal studies have found that it helps to increase motivation [7, 8].
- More alertness: Modafinil can also improve your focus and concentration .
Like Modafinil, research subjects report that Flmodafinil helps them power through complex tasks, long work days or long study sessions without the brain fatigue that typically accompanies such brain-intensive tasks.
Remember, though, that because Flmodafinil is so new and still undergoing clinical trials, there is little research available to us specifically on the effects and potential benefits of Flmodafinil as opposed to Modafinil.
Flmodafinil Side Effects
While we don’t yet have a full picture of the potential side effects of Flmodafinil, we can theorize that its side effects may be similar to those of Modafinil. The creators of Flmodafinil, however, claim that it has even fewer side effects than Modafinil.
Side effects may include:
- Insomnia: Since Flmodafinil is stronger and potentially longer-lasting than Modafinil, research subjects sometimes find that even taking it early in the morning leaves them struggling to get to sleep at night. If this is the case, dose reduction is advised .
- Headaches: Like Modafinil, Flmodafinil may also cause headaches in some people. However, some subjects have reported that Flmodafinil left them headache-free, even if Modafinil did give them headaches .
- Appetite Suppression: Some nootropics users report that their appetite is significantly reduced while taking Modafinil. We may hypothesize that this may also be the case for some research subjects of Flmodafinil.
As always, research on this compound should not be conducted on individuals who are under the age of 18, pregnant or breastfeeding, those taking any other psychiatric medications, or those with any underlying health conditions.
Additionally, research subjects are well-advised to consult with their healthcare providers before being administered any research chemical, or starting any new medication, nootropic, or supplement.
For otherwise healthy subjects, Flmodafinil does not appear to present any significant safety concerns.
Flmodafinil Dosage Calculator | What You MUST Know
Since Flmodafinil is relatively new to the scene and still being tested, we have been basing our own Flmodafinil dosage guidelines off of Modafinil dosage, along with what we already have learned about Flmodafinil:
- Flmodafinil is potentially 2-4 times as strong as Modafinil.
- Flmodafinil’s effects may last longer than Modafinil’s effects.
Based on this information, we know that the absolute best course of action is to start small.
Although it may seem logical for Flmodafinil subjects to simply split a typical Modafinil dose in half, researchers and subjects should also keep in mind that the Flmodafinil likely lasts longer in the system.
Therefore, that’s why we personally administer Flmodafinil at just one-quarter of the standard Modafinil dose, particularly when dealing with subjects who are sensitive to stimulants or have never before taken nootropics. Subjects are then able to work up to a dose that’s equivalent in strength to a standard dose of Modafinil (that is, one-half of the standard Modafinil dose), or some may find that a one-quarter dose does the trick.
In all cases, it’s best to administer the lowest dose necessary to produce the desired outcome.
Standard Modafinil Dosages
The standard Modafinil dose as prescribed is 200mg daily, but people using Modafinil for its nootropics effects report taking anywhere from 50mg to 300mg per day. Here’s a breakdown of what these different dosages may be used for:
- Modafinil 50mg/day: typically recommended as a starting point for individuals who are sensitive to stimulants or nootropics; some users report taking the nootropic 4-6 days per week at this dose.
- Modafinil 100mg/day: typical dosage for users looking to get through the workday with greater ease; some users report taking the nootropic 2-3 days per week at this dose.
- Modafinil 200mg/day: the standard prescription dose; some users report taking it 1-3 days per week for serious cognitive enhancement as a nootropic agent .
- Modafinil 300mg/day: not recommended in the vast majority of contexts; some users report taking this dose to stay up for 24 consecutive hours.
Based on these dosing patterns, here are our own dosing guidelines for Flmodafinil.
Starter Flmodafinil Dosage: 12.5mg-25mg
For subjects who have not used a similar compound or are sensitive to medications, a starter dose of just 12.5mg of Flmodafinil per day is advisable. Flmodafinil is available in both powder and liquid form, making it easier to split into small doses such as this. Additionally, 25mg Flmodafinil pills are available through some vendors, and it is possible to cut those in half with a pill splitter.
As with Modafinil, taking such a small dose may allow for more frequent administration, unlike larger doses — which should not be administered more than 3 days per week.
For subjects who have some experience with Modafinil or a similar compound, a starting dose of 25mg of Flmodafinil per day may be appropriate, before slowly working up to a dose that fits the particular subject’s needs.
Intermediate Flmodafinil Dosage: 50mg-100mg
50mg-100mg per day of Flmodafinil, which is equivalent to 100mg-200mg per day of Modafinil, appears to be a sweet spot for most Flmodafinil subjects.
Some subjects report finding success by splitting a daily dose of this size into 25mg-50mg immediately upon waking, and the remainder of their daily dose around lunchtime. Splitting up a dose in this way can potentially help the subject have more even and consistent energy and focus levels throughout the day.
Like Modafinil, it is advised that dosages of this size should be limited to 3 days per week.
Flmodafinil Dosage: 150mg or More
A Flmodafinil dose of 150mg per day, like a 300mg dose of Modafinil, is NOT recommended in the vast majority of contexts. However, according to a research subject’s report on Reddit, it can be done. That particular subject, in discussing Flmodafinil dosing, recommends:
- “Orally, 50-150mg once in the morning.”
Generally, however, a dose of 150mg is not advised, and subjects certainly should not be administered more than 150mg per day of Flmodafinil, again barring exceptional circumstances such as specific research into tolerability.
Flmodafinil is relatively new, so little is known about the possibility of a Flmodafinil overdose. To be on the safe side, subjects are advised to ingest no more than 100mg per day, 3 times per week — for a maximum weekly dose of 300mg.
Remember, Flmodafinil is currently available as a research chemical, but it’s a very close equivalent to a prescription drug — meaning it’s got some power behind it. In fact, it appears to be significantly stronger than its prescription counterpart Modafinil. For this reason, researchers and subjects should always err on the conservative side with Flmodafinil dosing and administration.
Microdosing is a promising option for research subjects who are sensitive to nootropics or who want to test the cognitive benefits of Flmodafinil, with the potentially minimal risk of experiencing side effects like insomnia.
Microdosing involves taking very small, extremely precise doses every 4-6 hours throughout a workday to experience even, sustained concentration and energy.
One subject has reported excellent results from microdosing just 12.5mg of Modafinil, which would be equivalent to 3mg-6.25mg of Flmodafinil.
An easy way to undertake microdosing is to start small, like the 3mg-6.25mg recommended above, every four hours during the subject’s waking hours (avoiding administration at or close to bedtime, of course). Subjects may try this for three days, then take a three day break. It’s important to see how the subject’s body responds, and make tweaks in consequent weeks.
Microdoses of up to 25mg of Flmodafinil, 4 times daily, 3 times per week, should be relatively safe and risk-free for otherwise healthy subjects. However, subjects are well-advised to work up to this dosage level slowly.
Practices for Accurate Dosing
Here are some tips for accurate Flmodafinil dosing for those conducting research:
- Powder is the easiest to dose accurately, as you can use an inexpensive kitchen scale to get extremely precise dose weights.
- Liquid Flmodafinil may also be relatively straightforward as far as dosing goes, but you’ll need to make sure you understand the ratio of Flmodafinil present in the liquid to make accurate calculations (e.g., how many milligrams of Flmodafinil are present in 5 milliliters of fluid).
Flmodafinil vs. Modafinil
We’ve already leapt headfirst into many of the differences between Flmodafinil and Modafinil, but here’s a quick recap:
- Strength: Flmodafinil may be two to four times stronger than Modafinil.
- Half-life: Flmodafinil appears to have a longer half-life than Modafinil, meaning it may stay circulating in your system for a longer period of time.
- Side effects: Little is known about the side effects of Flmodafinil, but they may be similar to Modafinil’s side effects. The creators of Flmodafinil claim that it has fewer side effects, and some reports from Flmodafinil subjects back this up, too.
- Safety: Flmodafinil appears to be safe for otherwise healthy subjects, but we just don’t know enough about it yet to say whether or not overdose is possible and at what dosage. Because we know so little, researchers should be extremely cautious and conservative with Flmodafinil dosing.
- Availability: Modafinil is a prescription drug. Although it’s structurally similar, Flmodafinil is not classified as a prescription drug, and as a research chemical it’s easier to purchase. Keep in mind that this could change in the future.
Keep in mind, also, that we know much more about Modafinil than we do about Flmodafinil, although this knowledge gap will hopefully close as more data becomes available regarding Flmodafinil.
Where to Buy Flmodafinil Online | 2022 Guide
Since Flmodafinil is available for purchase as a reference material, there are several places online where you can buy it.
However, we only endorse science.bio for Flmodafinil purchases. Here’s why:
- High quality ingredients
- Extensive quality control
- Third party testing for purity, contaminants, heavy metals, and identification
- In-house testing to verify and confirm third party results
They offer Flmodafinil in liquid form or powder form.
Dosing Flmodafinil | Verdict
When it comes to Flmodafinil, there’s still a lot we don’t know. It’s relatively new, having only been developed in 2013. And although it sounds like a phenomenal option, we still need to know more before we can make any definitive recommendations.
That’s why we advise extreme care when it comes to dosing the smart drug.
A dose of Flmodafinil should be approximately one-quarter to one-half the size of a dose of Modafinil to experience similar benefits, but researchers should keep in mind that Flmodafinil may have longer-lasting effects.
Most importantly, perhaps, researchers should take care to order Flmodafinil from a trusted vendor with a comprehensive quality assurance process, like science.bio.
Overall, we’re really impressed with Flmodafinil and excited to see how the ongoing clinical trials progress and what more there is to learn about this powerful new nootropic.
- Konofal E, inventor; Nls Pharma AG, Nls-1 Pharma AG, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris APHP, assignee. Lauflumide and the enantiomers thereof, method for preparing same and therapeutic uses thereof. No. US20130295196A1. November 07, 2013.
- Dowling G, Kavanagh PV, Talbot B, et al. Outsmarted by nootropics? An investigation into the thermal degradation of modafinil, modafinic acid, adrafinil, CRL-40,940 and CRL-40,941 in the GC injector: formation of 1,1,2,2-tetraphenylethane and its tetra fluoro analog. Drug Test Anal. 2017;9(3):518-528. doi:10.1002/dta.2142
- Rammohan KW, Rosenberg JH, Lynn DJ, Blumenfeld AM, Pollak CP, Nagaraja HN. Efficacy and safety of modafinil (Provigil) for the treatment of fatigue in multiple sclerosis: a two centre phase 2 study. J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry. 2002;72(2):179-183. doi:10.1136/jnnp.72.2.179
- Jean-Pierre P, Morrow GR, Roscoe JA, et al. A phase 3 randomized, placebo-controlled, double-blind, clinical trial of the effect of modafinil on cancer-related fatigue among 631 patients receiving chemotherapy: a University of Rochester Cancer Center Community Clinical Oncology Program Research base study. Cancer. 2010;116(14):3513-3520. doi:10.1002/cncr.25083
- Goss AJ, Kaser M, Costafreda SG, Sahakian BJ, Fu CH. Modafinil augmentation therapy in unipolar and bipolar depression: a systematic review and meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials. J Clin Psychiatry. 2013;74(11):1101-1107. doi:10.4088/JCP.13r08560
- Müller U, Rowe JB, Rittman T, Lewis C, Robbins TW, Sahakian BJ. Effects of modafinil on non-verbal cognition, task enjoyment and creative thinking in healthy volunteers. Neuropharmacology. 2013;64(5):490-495. doi:10.1016/j.neuropharm.2012.07.009
- Taneja I, Haman K, Shelton RC, Robertson D. A randomized, double-blind, crossover trial of modafinil on mood. J Clin Psychopharmacol. 2007;27(1):76-79. doi:10.1097/jcp.0b013e31802eb7ea
- Young JW, Geyer MA. Action of modafinil–increased motivation via the dopamine transporter inhibition and D1 receptors?. Biol Psychiatry. 2010;67(8):784-787. doi:10.1016/j.biopsych.2009.12.015
- Cao J, Prisinzano TE, Okunola OM, et al. Structure-Activity Relationships at the Monoamine Transporters for a Novel Series of Modafinil (2-[(diphenylmethyl)sulfinyl]acetamide) Analogues. ACS Med Chem Lett. 2010;2(1):48-52. doi:10.1021/ml1002025
- U.S. National Library of Medicine. Modafinil. MedlinePlus website. February 15, 2016. https://medlineplus.gov/druginfo/meds/a602016.html
- Cephalon, Inc. Provigil (modafinil) tablets [package insert]. U.S. Food and Drug Administration website. August 17, 2007. https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/drugsatfda_docs/label/2007/020717s020s013s018lbl.pdf