Want to learn exactly how to buy Modafinil in Bulgaria these days?
If so, then you've come to just the right place. In this in-depth guide, we’ll explain everything you need to know about buying the world's most popular nootropic – Modafinil – while living in Bulgaria.
We’ll discuss things like legalities, how to get a prescription in Bulgaria, where to buy Modafinil online, and much more!
We know exactly how to get legit generic Modafinil shipped to any country in Europe, including Bulgaria — and for cheap prices!
So if you’re looking for detailed info about Modafinil, its benefits, and the best places to buy some, keep reading…
What Is Modafinil?
It seems like as good a place to start as any…
What exactly is Modafinil?
Well, Modafinil was first synthesized by a French pharmaceutical company in 1974. Following initial trials, it was developed as an experimental treatment for narcolepsy . Modafinil was first released under the brand name ‘Modiodal’ in France, in 1994.
During the 1990s, Modafinil was launched throughout Europe and across the world under various names including ‘Provigil’, ‘Vigil’, and ‘Modasomil’. It began being prescribed to treat a long list of sleep-related disorders including sleep apnea and Shift Work Sleep Disorder (SWSD) . Interestingly, it was also shown to help treat Amphetamine addiction  and even attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) .
However, as Modafinil’s use grew around the world, something else started to happen. Modafinil began to be used ‘off prescription’ by those who didn’t necessarily have any psychiatric or physical ailments.
CEOs, grad students, and entrepreneurs quickly realized that Modafinil gave them a leg up in terms of focus, motivation, and attention to detail. Many of these individuals started using Modafinil on a weekly, and sometimes even daily, basis.
Why? Because Modafinil offers a lot of cognitive benefits:
- Enhanced focus for 12-15 hours .
- Improved mood and memory, especially when tired .
- Enhanced executive functioning .
- Better time management.
- Reduction in ‘brain fog’ and less procrastination.
That’s why everybody from startup entrepreneurs to Wall Street professionals and world-class video-gamers turned to Modafinil. They were looking to gain a cognitive advantage over their competition.
Many people like to compare Modafinil to the fictional smart drug featured in the 2011 movie, Limitless, but we wouldn't go quite that far. Modafinil isn’t science-fiction: it won’t help you master the piano overnight or learn a new language on a whim.
But Modafinil is about as close as you're going to get to a Limitless-pill. It offers anyone the chance to experience heightened concentration, more focus, and improved memory.
Modafinil Side Effects and Safety
As awesome as we consider Modafinil to be, that doesn't mean it’s not without its side effects.
We aren’t doctors, so this section should NOT be misconstrued as medical advice. But when you look at the evidence, there should be no reason to feel concerned about Modafinil’s side effects. Most side effects are pretty mild in nature and extremely rare.
Nevertheless, it's important to know what you're getting into before you start using Modafinil. So here are the most common side effects of Modafinil :
- Stuffy nose and/or dry throat.
- Upset stomach.
The recommended dose of Modafinil is 200 mg per day and studies have shown that the vast majority of people (over 90%) who take that amount experience NO side effects whatsoever .
Those who do experience side effects from Modafinil can mitigate or minimize them by drinking at least two liters of water over the day.
Some of the most serious, yet ultra-rare, side effects are :
- Skin rashes.
- Sudden bouts of aggressiveness and/or mania.
- Chest pain.
- Difficulty breathing
If you experience any of the above, stop taking Modafinil immediately and see a medical professional who can help you decide what your next course of action should be.
The only other concern is dependence: Modafinil increases levels of dopamine in the brain, so you must be responsible about how much you take . Besides limiting your intake to no more than 200 mg per day, we also recommend that you take it a maximum of three times per week. It’s not an ‘everyday’ drug.
Documented cases of people becoming dependent on Modafinil are extremely rare . You certainly don’t have to worry about that if you stick with our recommendations.
Is Modafinil Legal in Bulgaria?
Now we're getting down to the nitty-gritty here…
Is Modafinil legal in Bulgaria?
Well, kind of. Yes and no.
Technically the answer to this question is yes…if you have a prescription from a Bulgarian doctor. Modafinil requires a prescription. No prescription, no Modafinil.
This means that unless you have a medical condition which Modafinil is used to treat, you will likely not be able to get a prescription or even find Modafinil in the country.
That’s because Bulgaria is a member of the European Union (EU), and so it has similar rules and laws regarding most medication. For example, the European Medicines Agency (EMA) is the primary governing body that sets policy regarding medication for member states of the EU .
They made it clear a while back, that Modafinil is not to be sold under any circumstances unless it’s from a pharmacy to those with a prescription for it.
However, even with a prescription, Modafinil is still tough to get because many pharmacies here don't even stock this smart drug.
Interestingly enough, it is legal to have a small amount of Modafinil for personal use. In other words, it’s not illegal to possess a small amount of Modafinil even if you don't have a prescription for it.
Generally, ‘personal use' is defined as around 100 pills of Modafinil. Just FYI.
This means that you can order Modafinil online while living in Bulgaria and as long as your order is 100 pills or less, you will have ZERO legal issues.
The absolute worst-case scenario when ordering Modafinil online in Bulgaria…it gets seized by customs and you get a full refund from the Modafinil vendor.
How to Get a Modafinil Prescription in Bulgaria
The answer is about the same as above. If you want to get a prescription, you need to actually have a sleep or fatigue-related issue.
If you don’t, it’ll be hard to convince a doctor that you need it for a condition such as narcolepsy. You can try and fake it…but the doctor will want to do follow up tests, and the truth will come out eventually.
If you have a sleep-related illness, then go ahead and get your prescription. If not, then don't worry about it.
Just note that it can be difficult to find Modafinil in most Bulgarian pharmacies. The pharmaceutical drug is not common in the country.
Luckily, it's super easy to buy Modafinil online in Bulgaria. Just follow our advice below…
Where to Buy Modafinil Online in Bulgaria | 2022 Guide
Here we are, likely the most crucial part of the article for many of you. The good news is that Bulgaria currently has several extremely reputable vendors serving it.
These vendors excel in different areas, but they both do the basics very, very well.
Without any further hesitation… here are the two best Modafinil vendors shipping to Bulgaria right now:
If you’re looking for high-quality Modafinil right now, your best bet is to check out Buy Moda. These guys are the oldest and most established vendors on the planet and have perfected the art of shipping Modafinil worldwide with a nearly 100% success rate!
We’re sure you’ll appreciate the following things that they do especially well:
- Guaranteed Delivery: You don’t want to order Modafinil and have it go AWOL. With Buy Moda you have zero risks. They offer one free reshipment and/or a complete refund on EVERY order. You have nothing to lose when you shop here.
- Discreet, Plain Packaging: Don’t want your parents or housemates to find out about your Modafinil habit? Well, relax. Buy Moda ships nootropics in discreet, plain packaging. No one, including Bulgaria customs agents, will ever know what you ordered.
- HUGE Discounts: Buy Moda’s prices are ridiculously cheap when you factor in their discounts. For starters, you can get 10% off with this code: ‘BUYMODA#1’. And, you can get 20% off if you pay with Bitcoin or crypto. As if that wasn’t enough, when you order more than $100, you get FREE shipping. There are plenty of great ways to save.
- SOLID Bonuses: Buy Moda has some decent bonuses that you’re sure to love. For example, when you order more than $150 worth of nootropics, you’ll get 30 free pills. And, on your second order, you’ll get 20% more as a ‘returning customer’ reward.
- FAST Shipping: As we mentioned, shipping is free when you spend over $100, but you’ll be delighted by how FAST it arrives in Bulgaria. Shipments typically take 2-4 weeks, but in our experience, 10 working days is standard. That’s VERY good!
We’re confident you won’t find a better vendor than Buy Moda. When you add up all their discounts and bonuses, they’re simply unbeatable.
Get 15% off all Buy Moda products as a Modafinil.com reader.
Just use this code at checkout: BUYMODA#1
No matter how loudly we sing Buy Moda’s praises, we’re sure that some of you will want another option. That’s fine by us. In that case, Modafinil XL is where it’s at.
Here are some of the things that make them so great:
- Guaranteed Delivery: If your order doesn’t arrive (or it’s not to your expectations) you’ll get a free reshipment and/or full refund. Your choice. Essentially, you have NO risks when shopping here.
- Fast & Free Shipping: Modafinil XL ships to Bulgaria in 10-14 working days. As they ship from India and Singapore, you’ll get a tracking number via SMS or email so you’ll know exactly when your order arrives.
- HUGE Discounts: Just like Buy Moda, Modafinil XL offers a hefty 20% Bitcoin discount if you pay with crypto. They also have a 10%-discount coupon: ‘ENJOY10OFF’. The only difference is that you can’t use these two in conjunction. Still, it’s nice to know you have a choice.
- SOLID Bonuses: Modafinil XL adds 10 free Modafinil pills and 10 free Armodafinil to EVERY order. You don’t need to add them in – they are automatically added to the cart. This is great if you are ordering Modafinil and want to try Armodafinil or vice versa.
- FREE Trial Pack: While this isn’t 100% (you still have to pay $29 shipping), it is a GREAT way to get 10 free Modafinil tablets to test at a VERY affordable price. Test them all and see whether they give you the results you’re looking for. You WON’T be disappointed.
As you can tell, we’re huge fans of Modafinil XL and are sure that you will be too!
Instead of simply taking our word for how great these guys are, order a trial pack and see for yourself. Then you’ll understand why they have thousands of positive reviews on sites like Trustpilot; their shipping and the quality of their nootropics are second to none.
Get 10% off all ModafinilXL products as a Modafinil.com reader.
Just use this code at checkout: ENJOY10OFF
‘Brand Name' Modafinil and Armodafinil in Bulgaria
When it comes to the pharmacies in Bulgaria, there are a few specific Modafinil products you may have access to:
- Provigil (Modafinil)
- Modiodal (Modafinil)
- Nuvigil (Armodafinil)
Those are the three most common brand name products. If you have a prescription, these are the drugs you’ll be able to buy. Remember, brand name products are produced by big pharmaceutical companies. These are the premier name brands of Modafinil and Armodafinil and you should expect to pay a premium for them.
These brands are not what you’ll find if you shop at an online store. Instead, you’ll find the most common generic brands such as:
You may find a variety of other nootropics that are more specific to this or that store, but these nootropic products are generally what you’ll find almost everywhere.
Keep in mind…There is no significant difference between generic Modafinil and brand name products. The only significant difference is that brand name drugs are about 10x more expensive.
Generic Modafinil is as good as brand name Modafinil.
Modalert is our team’s go-to nootropic, but we recommend you test out a variety of generic smart drugs and see what your body and mind respond best to.
If in doubt:
You won’t have any problems importing Modafinil into Bulgaria. The police won’t drag you out of your house or apartment.
But we can understand that some of you may not want to mess with a pharmaceutical at all. We get it.
And we also understand that you may be looking for the best nootropics to use in conjunction with Modafinil. We’ve got you covered there, too.
Here is the best nootropic you can buy “over-the-counter” in Bulgaria or any other country for that matter:
Mind Lab Pro
Mind Lab Pro is the most versatile natural nootropic you will find on the market today. We’ve tried a ton over the years, so we’re confident making that statement.
Mind Lab Pro has a robust combination of 11 different key compounds, which each target a separate area of cognition. You have ingredients like Vitamin B9, which facilitates blood flow into the brain, for greater levels of cognitive clarity. You have others like Bacopa Mannieri, which enhances memory, learning, and general processing abilities of the brain .
You also get Lion's Mane Mushroom, which has been scientifically proven to help with overall brain health .
All in all, Mind Lab Pro improves focus and concentration just like Modafinil — but it also does a little bit more. It offers total brain protection and optimization. Unlike Modafinil, it has NO side effects, so you can use it year-round without a break.
Do note though, that it doesn’t give you the 12-15+ hours of unbroken focus like Modafinil. You'll get 6-8+ hours, which is more than helpful.
Mind Lab Pro serves as a perfect nootropic to use on your days not using Modafinil.
Mind Lab Pro!
Modafinil in Bulgaria | The Verdict
We’ve come to the end of this lengthy guide, and we hope that all your questions were thoroughly answered.
You should know what Modafinil is, where it originated, why it’s so useful as both a treatment for sleep disorders and as a general nootropic.
We discussed which online vendors you can trust when buying Modafinil in Bulgaria and we also suggested a Modafinil alternative that you can use on your days off.
- Bransfield RC. Potential Uses of Modafinil in Psychiatric Disorders. J Appl Res. 2004;4(2):198-207.
- Murillo-Rodríguez E, Barciela Veras A, Barbosa Rocha N, Budde H, Machado S. An Overview of the Clinical Uses, Pharmacology, and Safety of Modafinil. ACS Chem Neurosci. 2018 Feb 21;9(2):151-158. doi: 10.1021/acschemneuro.7b00374
- Dackis CA, Kampman KM, Lynch KG, Pettinati HM, O'Brien CP. A double-blind, placebo-controlled trial of modafinil for cocaine dependence. Neuropsychopharmacology. 2005 Jan;30(1):205-11. doi: 10.1038/sj.npp.1300600. PMID: 15525998.
- Biederman J, Swanson JM, Wigal SB, Boellner SW, Earl CQ, Lopez FA; Modafinil ADHD Study Group. A comparison of once-daily and divided doses of modafinil in children with attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder: a randomized, double-blind, and placebo-controlled study. J Clin Psychiatry. 2006 May;67(5):727-35. doi: 10.4088/jcp.v67n0506. PMID: 16841622.
- Pigeau R, Naitoh P, Buguet A, McCann C, Baranski J, Taylor M, Thompson M, MacK I I. Modafinil, d-amphetamine and placebo during 64 hours of sustained mental work. I. Effects on mood, fatigue, cognitive performance and body temperature. J Sleep Res. 1995 Dec;4(4):212-228. doi: 10.1111/j.1365-2869.1995.tb00172.x. PMID: 10607161.
- Young JW. Dopamine D1 and D2 receptor family contributions to modafinil-induced wakefulness. J Neurosci. 2009;29(9):2663–2665. doi:10.1523/JNEUROSCI.5843-08.2009
- Müller, U., Rowe, J. B., Rittman, T., Lewis, C., Robbins, T. W., & Sahakian, B. J. (2013, January). Effects of modafinil on non-verbal cognition, task enjoyment and creative thinking in healthy volunteers. Retrieved from https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3485563/
- (n.d.). Retrieved from https://www.rxwiki.com/modafinil
- Ooi T, Wong SH, See B. Modafinil as a Stimulant for Military Aviators. Aerosp Med Hum Perform. 2019;90(5):480-483. doi:10.3357/AMHP.5298.2019
- What is Modafinil (Provigil)? (2014, August 14). Retrieved from https://www.everydayhealth.com/drugs/modafinil
- Zolkowska D, Jain R, Rothman RB, Partilla JS, Roth BL, Setola V, Prisinzano TE, Baumann MH. Evidence for the involvement of dopamine transporters in behavioral stimulant effects of modafinil. J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 2009 May;329(2):738-46. doi: 10.1124/jpet.108.146142. Epub 2009 Feb 5. PMID: 19197004; PMCID: PMC2672878.
- Krishnan, R., & Chary, K. V. (2015). A rare case modafinil dependence. Retrieved from https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4319252/
- The European regulatory system for medicines. (2016). Retrieved from https://www.ema.europa.eu/en/documents/leaflet/european-regulatory-system-medicines-european-medicines-agency-consistent-approach-medicines_en.pdf
- Aguiar S, Borowski T. Neuropharmacological review of the nootropic herb Bacopa monnieri. Rejuvenation Res. 2013 Aug;16(4):313-26. doi: 10.1089/rej.2013.1431. PMID: 23772955; PMCID: PMC3746283.
- Rossi P, Cesaroni V, Brandalise F, Occhinegro A, Ratto D, Perrucci F, Lanaia V, Girometta C, Orrù G, Savino E. Dietary Supplementation of Lion's Mane Medicinal Mushroom, Hericium erinaceus (Agaricomycetes), and Spatial Memory in Wild-Type Mice. Int J Med Mushrooms. 2018;20(5):485-494. doi: 10.1615/IntJMedMushrooms.2018026241. PMID: 29953363.