If you’re curious about how to buy Modafinil in Canada, you’ve come to just the right place. In fact, this may be the only place where you can find detailed information about buying Modafinil in Canada right now.
Because the Canadian authorities make it burdensome for Canadians and people living in Canada to buy smart drugs and nootropics. The country is known for its strict import and mail screening controls in relation to the importation of prescription drugs for personal use. In fact, Canada is one of the few countries in the world to which many Modafinil vendors will not ship smart drugs.
Luckily, we’ve done the hard work for you…
Get 10% off all Buy Moda products as a Modafinil.com reader.
Just use this code at checkout: BUYMODA#1
We’ve found TWO vendors that can reliably ship smart drugs to Canada — and one of them is the Modafinil pharmacy listed above. If you want to buy Modafinil online and get it shipped to Canada with guaranteed delivery, this is your best option.
However, if you want to know more than just our recommended Modafinil vendor, then keep reading…
This detailed ‘A-Z’ guide will explain everything you need to know about how to buy Modafinil in Canada. We’ll cover prices, legalities, shipping times, and much more.
What is Modafinil?
There’s a good chance you already know what Modafinil is, especially if you’re looking to buy some in Canada. But if you’re new to smart drugs and nootropics, we’ll quickly run through the basics and fill you in.
What is Modafinil?
Modafinil is a prescription-only drug known as a ‘eugeroic’, which means that it promotes ‘wakefulness’ and keeps you alert when you take it. It is marketed globally under various brand names, including Modiodal, Vigil, Modasomil, and Provigil , besides others. The most popular brand names in Canada are Altertec and Apo-Modafinil.
Modafinil’s main approved use is to treat adults who suffer from excessive sleepiness. The most common ailment is narcolepsy, which causes sufferers to fall asleep at strange times during the day, often when they least expect it. However, Modafinil is also routinely prescribed to people who suffer from obstructive sleep apnea (OSA) and shift work sleep disorder (SWSD), which is where people who work night shifts struggle to get to sleep .
That’s all pretty neat, but we have a feeling you’re more interested in learning about why Modafinil has gained such fame ‘off label benefits…
That doesn’t surprise us. Modafinil is the world’s most popular ‘smart’ drug, or nootropic .
But don’t take our word for it; look at the evidence. Numerous scientific studies have convincingly proven that Modafinil is a phenomenal cognitive enhancer. Some physicians prescribe Modafinil ‘off-label’ to treat ADHD , and one study showed how it may be helpful for treating patients who were addicted to cocaine .
That’s because Modafinil dramatically increases levels of dopamine and histamine in the brain . This makes users feel incredibly alert and ‘zoned in’ on their work or study and keeps them focused for hours . The extra dopamine boosts one’s mood , while helping to improve memory and mental performance .
Because of these fantastic benefits, Modafinil has become extremely popular among high-performing individuals such as startup CEOs, hustlers, entrepreneurs, and Ivy League grad students. It lets just about anyone pull all-nighters, stay insanely focused, and get more done.
Modafinil Side Effects and Safety
While Modafinil can improve one’s productivity 10x and provide “superhuman” levels of focus, we all still need to be aware of its side effects and use it responsibly .
Generally speaking, Modafinil is considered to be a safe drug when taken under medical supervision at the following recommended doses :
- Narcolepsy: 200-400mg per day.
- Obstructive sleep apnea (OSA): 200mg as a single dose in the morning.
- Shift work sleep disorder (SWSD): 200mg 1 hour before the start of the shift.
However, there has been little research into Modafinil’s side effects when taken as a nootropic by healthy individuals. To our knowledge, there’s only been one study into what happens when Modafinil is given to healthy people . This study reported that a 200mg dose of Modafinil causes side effects like diarrhea, an upset stomach, a dry mouth, and mild headaches. However, these side effects were mild and didn’t last too long. So based on this study, it’s reasonable to conclude that Modafinil is well tolerated by healthy individuals when taken as a smart drug .
In our experience, nausea is usually only a problem when we mix Modafinil with other potent substances, including alcohol.
Of course, one should stop taking Modafinil when experiencing any nausea, but we’ve heard of very few cases of nausea that were induced by Modafinil alone.
It is also possible to feel dizzy on Modafinil. We find that those experiencing dizziness have likely taken more than their body can handle and therefore need to lower the dose.
Two rare yet serious side effects that everyone should be aware of are chest pain and difficulty breathing .
If you experience either of these signs, your body is likely telling you that something is going very wrong. Make sure you halt your Modafinil use altogether and see your physician to figure out what’s going on — or the emergency room if you require urgent care.
A major concern for women who choose to take Modafinil is that it has been associated with cases of major fetal congenital malformations, including congenital cardiac anomalies, when used during pregnancy . Therefore it must not be used during pregnancy.
A secondary concern is that Modafinil has been shown to reduce the effectiveness of steroidal contraceptives. Women who rely on this type of contraception are generally recommended to use alternative or additional methods while using Modafinil, and for two months after stopping.
Is Modafinil Legal in Canada?
Now, we’re not legal practitioners — in Canada or elsewhere. But as the most comprehensive Modafinil resource on the web, it’s our job to provide you information on all relevant Modafinil-related topics. That includes this section on the legalities of Modafinil in Canada, which we hope will be a useful starting point for further research.
Is Modafinil Legal in Canada?
Yes — in a sense.
If you have a prescription for Modafinil from a doctor in Canada, then you can purchase Modafinil from a retail pharmacy in Canada. Depending on where in Canada you live, Modafinil may be available under multiple brand names such as:
Purchasing Modafinil with a prescription in Canada is 100% legal .
However, many smart drug users will look to purchase Modafinil online due to the convenience and massive cost-savings of doing so. Note that an online pharmacy has to be licensed by the relevant Canadian regulatory authority in order to sell Modafinil to a consumer in Canada.
That being said…
Modafinil is merely a Schedule F prescription-only medication; it’s not classified as a narcotic. This means that while you cannot buy it over-the-counter without a prescription, it isn’t subject to the Controlled Drugs and Substances Act .
Therefore, possession of Modafinil in Canada is not a criminal offense. So, once you get your hands on Modafinil, you will not have any issues with possession. However, Canadian customs does have the authority to seize any Modafinil you may be importing into the country, even if it’s a small, personal-use quantity. .
Here’s the TL;DR:
Modafinil is illegal to purchase without a prescription in Canada. And you can only legally order Modafinil online from an authorized Canadian pharmacy.
With that said, there are no apparent issues regarding possession of Modafinil on Canadian territory, as it is not a narcotic. To our knowledge, we haven’t come across a single report of anybody in Canada ever being arrested or even questioned for importing or possessing Modafinil for personal use. But if customs intercepts a delivery of Modafinil, they will likely destroy it. There’s no risk on your part, provided you’re using a vendor who guarantees delivery.
How to Get a Modafinil Prescription in Canada
Getting a Modafinil prescription in Canada would generally require you to be diagnosed with one of three ailments:
- Narcolepsy: A condition that causes people to fall asleep at inconvenient times during the day.
- Obstructive sleep apnea (OSA): A condition that causes breathing problems during sleep.
- Shift work sleep disorder (SWSD, or SWD): A condition that causes excessive sleepiness during shift work or irregular work.
If you actually have narcolepsy, then you can easily get a Modafinil prescription. A doctor will generally have you undertake an overnight sleep study where your sleep patterns will be recorded and monitored.
Sleep apnea is the next option. But again, most doctors will probably have you take a sleep study before prescribing Modafinil for sleep apnea.
This leaves us with one final option — shift work sleep disorder. Those afflicted by SWSD appear to go through less steps to get their Modafinil prescribed: they simply have to prove to their doctor that they’ve been pulling all-nighters at work, resulting in a hindered sleep schedule. A letter from an employer may suffice.
While there may be more to it than that, an SWSD patient might tell their doctor that they’ve been suffering from excessive daytime drowsiness due to all-night work and that Modafinil is a great option for treating shift sleep disorder.
That’s how most individuals legally get a Modafinil prescription in Canada.
If you suffer from one of the ailments listed above, it’s a great idea to talk to your doctor about Modafinil.
Of course, nootropics users do not go that route, preferring instead to buy Modafinil online in Canada.
In our experience, ordering Modafinil online and importing it to Canada from one of the best online pharmacies around is actually far more economical and convenient than getting it from a physical retail pharmacy.
Where to Buy Modafinil Online in Canada | 2021 Guide
If you want to buy Modafinil online in Canada, you’re in the right section. This is the detailed information that most people won’t tell you.
After ordering from the two vendors below for a fair amount of time now, we’re confident that they are the absolute two best options for Canadians and people living in Canada who want to buy Modafinil online. They offer fast shipping, legit generic Modafinil, proper packaging, and so much more.
How to buy Modafinil in Canada? Just order from these guys:
These guys are our #1 recommended Modafinil vendor for people living in dozens of countries around the world, and as far as we know, they’re one of only two Modafinil pharmacies that even ship to Canada these days.
They offer guaranteed delivery to Canada.
This means you either get your delivery while in Canada or Buy Moda will send out a reshipment free of charge.
If this second shipment doesn’t pass customs for any reason, you’ll get a full refund. Basically, you can order with confidence from these guys. You either get the Modafinil or you get your money back. And that’s a promise!
This is a huge deal in 2021.
Because post from India (where most generic Modafinil is manufactured) comes under intense scrutiny from Canadian customs. They basically screen ALL mail from this country to weed out shipments of medicines.
Fortunately, Buy Moda doesn’t ship from India; they ship to Canada from the United Kingdom or Singapore. That makes a huge difference and helps ensure high delivery rates and less hassle with Canadian customs.
Buy Moda offers some of the absolute best prices and discounts in the whole nootropics industry.. You can get a huge 20% discount when using Bitcoin to buy Modafinil from these guys. That’s a massively good deal.
We wrote a comprehensive Buy Moda review here.
Long story short…
If you’re living in Canada, Buy Moda is the best place to get a guaranteed Modafinil order. Their professional, English-speaking staff will ll promptly answer any questions you may have.
Get 10% off all Buy Moda products as a Modafinil.com reader.
Just use this code at checkout: BUYMODA#1
The second vendor we recommend who reliably ships Modafinil to Canada is Dino Supplies.
These guys do a phenomenal job shipping legit Modafinil worldwide from Singapore and Europe. Their success rate in getting quality nootropics to Canadian customers is spectacular and they give Buy Moda a run for their money.
While we prefer Buy Moda for ordering our multi-month supply (because they’re generally cheaper), we’ve found that Dino Supplies is perfect for those looking to buy Modafinil in Canada without spending a ton of cash…
Because Dino Supplies takes small orders.
You can order as few as 30 pills of generic Modafinil (Modalert) from these guys — and they offer fast shipping to Canada in as little as 10-15 business days.
Besides quality Modafinil, guaranteed delivery, and great customer service, Dino Supplies also offer a hefty 20% discount if you pay in Bitcoin.
Overall, they’re an ideal option for the budget-conscious.
Get 10% off all Dino Supplies products as a Modafinil.com reader.
Just use this code at checkout: DINOMODA6854
Brand Name Modafinil in Canada
Buying Modafinil from a pharmacy in Canada requires several steps. We’ve already discussed that process in the previous section. And you will need to get a prescription from a doctor in Canada if you want to make that happen.
Once you have that prescription, you’ll be able to head to the pharmacy and buy brand name Modafinil products like
The two brand name Modafinil products above are the most common ones you’ll find in Canadian pharmacies. These products can also be somewhat expensive in the country, too.
Canadians looking to order Modafinil online can save a lot of money by purchasing popular generic Modafinil products.
Some of our favorites include:
The four products above are the best-selling generic Modafinil and Armodafinil products in the world.
The vendors we recommended above sell all four of them and offer guaranteed delivery to Canada. These four generic brands offer impressive cognitive enhancement. We know because we’ve tried all four products extensively. However, we do have a few tips for our Canadian readers…
In our opinion, Modalert is the best and overall strongest generic Modafinil product you’ll find online. Our Canadian readers are thrilled with this world-class nootropic.
Modvigil is a cheaper alternative for individuals looking to buy generic Modafinil in Canada. Waklert and Artvigil are generic forms of Modafinil’s little cousin Armodafinil — which is an impressive nootropic in its own right.
We certainly prefer Waklert, but generally, Artvigil is a cheaper form of generic Armodafinil.
We prefer Modalert and Waklert to the other generic Modafinil products.
We’ve found these products to be superior after using them for years — and recommend both to anyone who is already looking to get Modafinil online in Canada.
Other Nootropics in Canada
If you’re not looking to import Modafinil from online pharmacies into Canada, there’s another cognitive enhancement option to consider.
However, you must know that nothing can compete with Modafinil and/or Armodafinil. They are the best smart drugs in the world for a reason…
They’re potent and powerful.
Natural nootropics might get the job done, but they generally last 12+ hours. You won’t feel insane focus for a full day with these products. Generally, these nootropics will last anywhere from 4-8+ hours.
So here’s a natural nootropic you can use in Canada:
- Mind Lab Pro: This is our #1 ranked nootropic that’s not named Modafinil or Armodafinil. Mind Lab Pro is potent and just slightly less powerful than Modafinil. You can expect up to 6-9+ hours of impressive cognitive enhancement with this product. Plus, we love the creative benefits this over-the-counter nootropic offers. The company ships to Canada without issue, too!
Mind Lab Pro!
The Verdict? | Canada Edition
If you were interested in how to buy Modafinil in Canada, that’s about it.
This detailed guide is a starting point for everything you need to know on the topic, including legal considerations, who can get a prescription, and buying Modafinil online.
- Modafinil Oral: Uses, Side Effects, Interactions, Pictures, Warnings & Dosing. (n.d.). Retrieved from https://www.webmd.com/drugs/2/drug-16962/modafinil-oral/details
- Ballon JS, Feifel D. A systematic review of modafinil: Potential clinical uses and mechanisms of action. J Clin Psychiatry. 2006;67(4):554‐566. doi:10.4088/jcp.v67n0406
- Giurgea C. Vers une pharmacologie de l’activité intégrative du cerveau. Tentative du concept nootrope en psychopharmacologie [Pharmacology of integrative activity of the brain. Attempt at nootropic concept in psychopharmacology]. Actual Pharmacol (Paris). 1972;25:115-56. French. PMID: 4541214.
- Biederman J, Swanson JM, Wigal SB, Boellner SW, Earl CQ, Lopez FA; Modafinil ADHD Study Group. A comparison of once-daily and divided doses of modafinil in children with attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder: a randomized, double-blind, and placebo-controlled study. J Clin Psychiatry. 2006 May;67(5):727-35. doi: 10.4088/jcp.v67n0506. PMID: 16841622.
- Dackis CA, Kampman KM, Lynch KG, Pettinati HM, O’Brien CP. A double-blind, placebo-controlled trial of modafinil for cocaine dependence. Neuropsychopharmacology. 2005 Jan;30(1):205-11. doi: 10.1038/sj.npp.1300600. PMID: 15525998.
- Ishizuka T, Sakamoto Y, Sakurai T, Yamatodani A. Modafinil increases histamine release in the anterior hypothalamus of rats. Neurosci Lett. 2003;339(2):143-146. doi:10.1016/s0304-3940(03)00006-5
- Brown RE, Stevens DR, Haas HL. The physiology of brain histamine. Prog Neurobiol. 2001;63(6):637-672. doi:10.1016/s0301-0082(00)00039-3
- Zolkowska D, Jain R, Rothman RB, Partilla JS, Roth BL, Setola V, Prisinzano TE, Baumann MH. Evidence for the involvement of dopamine transporters in behavioral stimulant effects of modafinil. J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 2009 May;329(2):738-46. doi: 10.1124/jpet.108.146142. Epub 2009 Feb 5. PMID: 19197004; PMCID: PMC2672878.
- Minzenberg MJ, Carter CS. Modafinil: a review of neurochemical actions and effects on cognition. Neuropsychopharmacology. 2008 Jun;33(7):1477-502. doi: 10.1038/sj.npp.1301534. Epub 2007 Aug 22. PMID: 17712350.
nootropicshdbk_contributor, By, -, and nootropicshdbk_contributor. “Modafinil: A Smart Drug for Supercharging Your Productivity,” October 3, 2018. https://nootropicshandbook.com/modafinil-a-smart-drug-for-supercharging-your-productivity/.
Modafinil. (2019, August 18). Retrieved from https://www.drugs.com/cdi/modafinil.html
- Lopes E, Pereira D, da Silva Behrens NS, de Almeida Fonseca H, Calvancanti PO, de Araújo Lima TF, Pradella-Hallinan M, Castro J, Tufik S, Coelho FM. Cataplexy as a side effect of modafinil in a patient without narcolepsy. Sleep Sci. 2014 Mar;7(1):47-9. doi:
- Apo-Modafinil. (n.d.). Retrieved from https://www.rexall.ca/articles/view/2663/Apo-Modafinil
- Nuvigil vs. Provigil: How Are They Similar and Different? (2016, August 19). Retrieved from https://www.healthline.com/health/narcolepsy/nuvigil-vs-provigil
- Healthycanadians.gc.ca. 2020. ALERTEC (Modafinil) And The Risk Of Congenital Anomalies – Recalls And Safety Alerts. [online] Available at: <https://healthycanadians.gc.ca/recall-alert-rappel-avis/hc-sc/2019/70201a-eng.php#:~:text=ALERTEC%20(modafinil%20100%20mg%20tablets,a%20circadian%20rhythm%20sleep%20disorder).> [Accessed 3 October 2020].
- Drug Schedules Regulation. (2020, January 6). Retrieved from http://www.bclaws.ca/civix/document/id/complete/statreg/9_98
- Controlled Drugs and Substances Act. (2020, February 11). Retrieved from https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/acts/C-38.8/