If you’re curious about how to buy Modafinil in Canada, you’ve come to just the right place. In fact, this may be the only place where you can find detailed information about buying Modafinil in Canada right now.
Because Canadian authorities make it extremely difficult for Canadians and people living in Canada to buy smart drugs and nootropics. There are strict import and mail screening controls in place to prevent people from importing prescription drugs. Canada is one of the few countries in the world to which many Modafinil vendors will not ship smart drugs.
Luckily, we’ve done the hard work for you…
Get 10% off all Buy Moda products as a Modafinil.com reader.
Just use this code at checkout: BUYMODA#1
We’ve found TWO vendors that can reliably ship smart drugs to Canada – and one of them is the Modafinil pharmacy listed above. If you want to buy Modafinil online and get it shipped to Canada with guaranteed delivery, they are your best option.
However, if you want to know more than just our recommended Modafinil vendor, then keep reading…
This detailed ‘A-Z’ guide will explain everything you need to know about how to buy Modafinil in Canada. We’ll cover the prices, legalities, shipping times, and much more.
This is not legal or medical advice. This article was strictly created for your entertainment. Please consult with your primary care physician or a medical professional with close working knowledge of your health -- before consuming pharmaceutical drugs or nootropics, like Modafinil. Please read my disclaimer.
What is Modafinil?
There’s a good chance you already know what Modafinil is, especially if you’re looking to buy some in Canada. But if you’re new to smart drugs and nootropics, we’ll quickly run through the basics and fill you in.
What is Modafinil?
Modafinil is a prescription-only drug known as a ‘eugeroic’, which means that it promotes ‘wakefulness’ and keeps you alert when you take it. It is marketed globally under various brand names, including Modiodal, Vigil, Modasomil, and Provigil , besides others. The most popular brand names in Canada are Altertec and Apo-Modafinil.
Modafinil’s main use is to treat adults who suffer from excessive sleepiness. The most common ailment is narcolepsy, which causes sufferers to fall asleep at strange times during the day, often when they least expect it. However, Modafinil is also routinely prescribed to people who suffer from Obstructive Sleep Apnea (OSA) and Shift Work Disorder (SWD), which is where people who work night shifts struggle to get to sleep .
That’s all pretty neat, but we have a feeling you’re more interested in taking Modafinil for its ‘off prescription’ benefits…
Well, it’s true. Modafinil is the world’s most popular ‘smart’ drug, or nootropic in the world right now .
But don’t take our word for it; look at the evidence. Numerous scientific studies have proven beyond any doubt that Modafinil is a phenomenal cognitive enhancer. Some physicians prescribe Modafinil ‘off-label’ to treat ADHD , and one study showed how it may be helpful for treating patients who were addicted to cocaine .
That’s because Modafinil dramatically increases levels of dopamine and histamine in the brain . This makes you feel incredibly alert and ‘zoned in’ on your work or study and keeps you focused for hours . The extra dopamine boosts your mood , while helping to improve your memory and mental performance .
Because of these fantastic benefits, Modafinil has become extremely popular among high-performing individuals such as startup CEOs, hustlers, entrepreneurs, and Ivy League grad students. It lets anyone pull all-nighters, stay insanely focused, and get more done.
Modafinil Side Effects and Safety
While Modafinil can improve your productivity 10x and give you “superhuman” levels of focus, you still need to be aware of its side effects and use it responsibly.
Modafinil is considered to be a safe drug when taken under medical supervision at the following recommended doses :
- Narcolepsy: 200-400mg per day.
- Obstructive Sleep Apnea (OSA): 200mg as a single dose in the morning.
- Shift Work Disorder (SWD): 200mg 1 hour before the start of the shift.
However, there has been little research into Modafinil’s side effects when taken ‘off prescription’ as a nootropic by healthy individuals. In fact, there’s only been one study into what happens when Modafinil is given to healthy people . This study reported that a 200mg dose of Modafinil causes things like diarrhea, an upset stomach, a dry mouth, and mild headaches. Whatsmore, these side effects were mild and didn’t last too long. So overall, Modafinil is a very safe smart drug .
In our experience, nausea is usually a problem when people are mixing Modafinil with other hard drugs, including alcohol.
Of course, you should stop taking Modafinil if you experience any nausea, but we’ve heard of very few cases of nausea that were induced by Modafinil alone.
It is possible to feel dizzy on Modafinil. If you experience dizziness, you are likely taking more than your body can handle and therefore need to lower the dose.
Two rare yet serious side effects that you should be aware of are chest pain and difficulty breathing .
If you experience either of these things, it’s your body telling you that something is going very wrong. Make sure you halt your Modafinil use altogether and see your physician to figure out what’s going on — or the emergency room if you require urgent care.
A major concern for women who choose to take Modafinil is that it has been associated with cases of major fetal congenital malformations, including congenital cardiac anomalies, when used during pregnancy . Therefore it must not be used during pregnancy.
A secondary concern is that Modafinil has been shown to reduce the effectiveness of steroidal contraceptives. Women who rely on this type of contraception should use alternative or additional methods while using Modafinil, and for two months after stopping.
Is Modafinil Legal in Canada?
Now, we aren’t lawyers and this certainly isn’t legal advice, but this question is a little tricky to answer. The reality is that Modafinil falls into a legal “grey area” in Canada. This is the reality — the truth of how things work when getting Modafinil in Canada.
Is Modafinil Legal in Canada?
Well, yes and no.
If you have a prescription for Modafinil from a doctor in Canada, then you can purchase Modafinil from a pharmacy in Canada. Depending on where in Canada you live, Modafinil may be available under multiple brand names such as:
Purchasing Modafinil with a prescription in Canada is 100% legal .
However, even if you have a prescription for Modafinil from a doctor in Canada, you cannot buy the drug online. It is illegal to do so. Furthermore, if you do not have a prescription for Modafinil, then there is no 100% legal way to get your hands on Modafinil in Canada.
That being said…
Modafinil is only a Schedule 1 prescription-only medication; it’s not a narcotic. This means that while you cannot buy it over-the-counter without a prescription, it isn’t listed on the Controlled Drugs and Substances Act .
Therefore, possession of Modafinil in Canada is not a criminal offense. So, once you get your hands on Modafinil, you will not have any issues with possession. The hard part is getting it without a prescription, as Canadian customs can be tricky to get through.
Here’s the TL;DR:
Modafinil is illegal to purchase without a prescription in Canada. And you cannot legally order Modafinil online regardless of whether you have a prescription or not.
But once you have the smart drug in your hands, there are no issues regarding possession, as Modafinil is not a narcotic.
The facts speak for themselves; no one in Canada has ever been arrested for importing or possessing Modafinil for personal use. If customs intercept a delivery of Modafinil, they destroy it. There’s no risk on your part.
How to Get a Modafinil Prescription in Canada
It can be difficult to get a Modafinil prescription in Canada. There are technically only three ailments that doctors can prescribe the smart drug for:
- Narcolepsy: A condition that causes people to fall asleep at inconvenient times during the day.
- Obstructive Sleep Apnea (OSA): A condition that causes breathing problems during sleep.
- Shift Work Disorder (SWD): A condition that causes excessive sleepiness during shift work or irregular work.
If you actually have narcolepsy, then you can easily get a Modafinil prescription. A doctor will have you undertake an overnight sleep study where your sleep patterns will be recorded and monitored.
Sleep apnea is the next option. But again, most doctors will have you take a sleep study before prescribing Modafinil for sleep apnea.
This leaves us with one final option — Shift Work Disorder. This is somewhat easier to demonstrate: you simply have to prove to your doctor that you’ve been pulling all-nighters at work and it’s been hindering your sleep schedule. A letter from your employer may suffice.
There’s a little bit more to it than that, but you can say you’ve been suffering from excessive daytime drowsiness due to all-night work and that you heard Modafinil is ideal for treating shift sleep disorder.
That’s how you legally get a Modafinil prescription in Canada.
Is this a fool proof solution? Absolutely not.
But it’s probably your best option if you don’t want to buy Modafinil online in Canada.
In our experience, ordering Modafinil online and importing it to Canada from one of the best online pharmacies around is far easier than trying to get a prescription from a doctor.
Where to Buy Modafinil Online in Canada | 2020 Guide
If you want to buy Modafinil online in Canada, you’re in the right section. This is the detailed information that most people won’t tell you.
After ordering from the two vendors below for a fair amount of time now, we’re confident that they are the absolute two best options for Canadian citizens and people living in Canada who want to buy Modafinil online. They offer fast shipping, legit generic Modafinil, discreet packaging, and so much more.
How to buy Modafinil in Canada? Just order from these guys:
These guys are our #1 recommended Modafinil vendor for people living in dozens of countries around the world, and they’re one of only two Modafinil pharmacies that even ship to Canada these days.
They offer guaranteed delivery to Canada.
This means you either get your delivery while in Canada or Buy Moda will send out a reshipment free of charge.
If this second shipment doesn’t pass customs for any reason, you’ll get a full refund. Basically, you have no risk when ordering from these guys. You either get the Modafinil or you get your money back. And that’s a promise!
This is a huge deal in 2020.
Because post from India (where most generic Modafinil is manufactured) comes under intense scrutiny from Canadian customs. They basically screen ALL mail from this country to weed out illegal shipments of medicines.
Fortunately, Buy Moda offers an ingenious workaround; they ship to Canada from the United Kingdom or Singapore. That makes a huge difference and helps ensure high delivery rates and less hassle with Canadian customs.
Buy Moda offers some of the absolute best prices in the whole nootropics industry, especially when making larger orders. You can also get a huge 20% discount when using Bitcoin to buy Modafinil from these guys. That’s a massively good deal.
We wrote a comprehensive Buy Moda review here.
Long story short…
If you’re living in Canada, Buy Moda is the best place to get a guaranteed Modafinil order. It’s run by an American and all of its customer support specialists are American, so they’ll promptly answer any questions you may have.
Get 10% off all Buy Moda products as a Modafinil.com reader.
Just use this code at checkout: BUYMODA#1
The second vendor we recommend who reliably ships Modafinil to Canada is Dino Supplies.
These guys do a phenomenal job shipping legit Modafinil worldwide from Singapore and Europe. Their success rate in getting quality nootropics to Canadian customers is spectacular and they give Buy Moda a run for their money.
While we prefer Buy Moda for larger orders (because they’re generally cheaper), we’ve found that Dino Supplies is perfect if you’re looking to buy Modafinil in Canada without spending a ton of cash…
Because Dino Supplies allows you to make small orders.
You can order as few as 30 pills of generic Modafinil (Modalert) from these guys – and they offer fast shipping to Canada in as little as 10-15 business days.
Besides quality Modafinil, guaranteed delivery, and great customer service, Dino Supplies also offer a hefty 20% discount if you pay in Bitcoin.
Overall, they’re an ideal option for anyone looking to test out Modafinil for the first time.
Get 10% off all Dino Supplies products as a Modafinil.com reader.
Just use this code at checkout: DINOMODA6854
Brand Name Modafinil in Canada
Buying Modafinil from a pharmacy in Canada is no easy task. We’ve already discussed that process in the previous section. But you will need to get a prescription from a doctor in Canada if you want to make that happen.
Once you have that prescription, you’ll be able to head to the pharmacy and buy brand name Modafinil products like
The two brand name Modafinil products above are the most common ones you’ll find in Canadian pharmacies. These products can also be somewhat expensive in the country too.
For Canadians looking to order Modafinil online, you can save some money by purchasing popular generic Modafinil products.
Some of our favorites include:
The four products above are the best-selling generic Modafinil and Armodafinil products in the world.
The vendors we recommended above sell all four of them and offer guaranteed delivery to Canada. These four generic brands offer impressive cognitive enhancement. We know because we’ve tried all four products extensively. However, we do have a few recommendations for our Canadian readers…
Modalert is probably the best and overall strongest generic Modafinil product you’ll find online. We can’t recommend it highly enough for anyone living in Canada who wants a world-class nootropic.
Modvigil is a cheaper alternative for individuals looking to buy generic Modafinil in Canada. Waklert and Artvigil are generic forms of Modafinil’s little cousin Armodafinil – which is an impressive nootropic in its own right.
We certainly prefer Waklert, but generally, Artvigil is a cheaper form of generic Armodafinil.
We recommend Modalert and Waklert over other generic Modafinil products.
We’ve found these products to be superior after testing them multiple times — and recommend both to anyone looking to get Modafinil online in Canada.
Other Nootropics in Canada
If you’re not looking to import Modafinil from online pharmacies into Canada, there’s another cognitive enhancement options to consider.
There is another nootropic in Canada that works. One Nootropic that offer similar effects to Modafinil, but can be purchased over-the-counter (OTC) — without any risk of importing them through Canadian customs.
However, you must know that nothing can compete with Modafinil and/or Armodafinil. They are the best smart drugs in the world for a reason…
They’re potent and powerful.
These other nootropics get the job done, but they won’t last 12+ hours. You won’t feel insane focus for a full day with these products. Generally, these nootropics will last anywhere from 4-8+ hours.
Here is another nootropic you can use Canada:
- Mind Lab Pro: This is our #1 ranked nootropic that’s not named Modafinil or Armodafinil. Mind Lab Pro is potent and just slightly less powerful than Modafinil. You’ll find yourself getting up to 6-9+ hours of impressive cognitive enhancement with this product. Plus, we love the creative benefits this over-the-counter nootropic offers. The company ships to Canada without issue too!
Mind Lab Pro!
The Verdict? | Canada Edition
If you were interested in how to buy Modafinil in Canada, that’s about it.
This detailed guide should offer everything you need to know, including legalities, prescriptions, and buying Modafinil online.
- Modafinil Oral: Uses, Side Effects, Interactions, Pictures, Warnings & Dosing. (n.d.). Retrieved from https://www.webmd.com/drugs/2/drug-16962/modafinil-oral/details
- Ballon JS, Feifel D. A systematic review of modafinil: Potential clinical uses and mechanisms of action. J Clin Psychiatry. 2006;67(4):554‐566. doi:10.4088/jcp.v67n0406
- Giurgea C. Vers une pharmacologie de l’activité intégrative du cerveau. Tentative du concept nootrope en psychopharmacologie [Pharmacology of integrative activity of the brain. Attempt at nootropic concept in psychopharmacology]. Actual Pharmacol (Paris). 1972;25:115-56. French. PMID: 4541214.
- Biederman J, Swanson JM, Wigal SB, Boellner SW, Earl CQ, Lopez FA; Modafinil ADHD Study Group. A comparison of once-daily and divided doses of modafinil in children with attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder: a randomized, double-blind, and placebo-controlled study. J Clin Psychiatry. 2006 May;67(5):727-35. doi: 10.4088/jcp.v67n0506. PMID: 16841622.
- Dackis CA, Kampman KM, Lynch KG, Pettinati HM, O’Brien CP. A double-blind, placebo-controlled trial of modafinil for cocaine dependence. Neuropsychopharmacology. 2005 Jan;30(1):205-11. doi: 10.1038/sj.npp.1300600. PMID: 15525998.
- Ishizuka T, Sakamoto Y, Sakurai T, Yamatodani A. Modafinil increases histamine release in the anterior hypothalamus of rats. Neurosci Lett. 2003;339(2):143-146. doi:10.1016/s0304-3940(03)00006-5
- Brown RE, Stevens DR, Haas HL. The physiology of brain histamine. Prog Neurobiol. 2001;63(6):637-672. doi:10.1016/s0301-0082(00)00039-3
- Zolkowska D, Jain R, Rothman RB, Partilla JS, Roth BL, Setola V, Prisinzano TE, Baumann MH. Evidence for the involvement of dopamine transporters in behavioral stimulant effects of modafinil. J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 2009 May;329(2):738-46. doi: 10.1124/jpet.108.146142. Epub 2009 Feb 5. PMID: 19197004; PMCID: PMC2672878.
- Minzenberg MJ, Carter CS. Modafinil: a review of neurochemical actions and effects on cognition. Neuropsychopharmacology. 2008 Jun;33(7):1477-502. doi: 10.1038/sj.npp.1301534. Epub 2007 Aug 22. PMID: 17712350.
- Modafinil. (2019, August 18). Retrieved from https://www.drugs.com/cdi/modafinil.html
- Lopes E, Pereira D, da Silva Behrens NS, de Almeida Fonseca H, Calvancanti PO, de Araújo Lima TF, Pradella-Hallinan M, Castro J, Tufik S, Coelho FM. Cataplexy as a side effect of modafinil in a patient without narcolepsy. Sleep Sci. 2014 Mar;7(1):47-9. doi:
- Apo-Modafinil. (n.d.). Retrieved from https://www.rexall.ca/articles/view/2663/Apo-Modafinil
- Nuvigil vs. Provigil: How Are They Similar and Different? (2016, August 19). Retrieved from https://www.healthline.com/health/narcolepsy/nuvigil-vs-provigil
- Healthycanadians.gc.ca. 2020. ALERTEC (Modafinil) And The Risk Of Congenital Anomalies – Recalls And Safety Alerts. [online] Available at: <https://healthycanadians.gc.ca/recall-alert-rappel-avis/hc-sc/2019/70201a-eng.php#:~:text=ALERTEC%20(modafinil%20100%20mg%20tablets,a%20circadian%20rhythm%20sleep%20disorder).> [Accessed 3 October 2020].
- Drug Schedules Regulation. (2020, January 6). Retrieved from http://www.bclaws.ca/civix/document/id/complete/statreg/9_98
- Controlled Drugs and Substances Act. (2020, February 11). Retrieved from https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/acts/C-38.8/
- Adrafinil. (2019, September 17). Retrieved from https://examine.com/supplements/adrafinil/