Curious about how to buy Modafinil in Croatia these days?
Then you've come to the perfect guide!
Here, we’ll detail everything you need to know about buying Modafinil in Croatia right now.
The good news? Getting your hands on Modafinil and other nootropics here is rather straightforward — whether you have a prescription from a doctor or not.
For those in a hurry, here’s the short answer:
But if you’re looking for more in-depth information about this wonder drug, just keep on reading. Below, you’ll find everything you need to succeed with Modafinil and other smart drugs.
From legalities in Croatia to the process of getting a Modafinil prescription, and even where to order nootropics online, we’ll cover it all in this informative guide.
What Is Modafinil?
Before we dive too deep into smart drugs in Croatia, we need to cover the basics. For starters…
What is Modafinil?
Well, the answer is actually rather simple. Modafinil is a type of drug known as a ‘eugeroic’, which means a ‘wakefulness-promoting agent’. It was first synthesized in France in 1974 and later developed as an experimental treatment for narcolepsy, a condition that causes people to become extremely drowsy or even fall asleep during the day.
Modafinil was launched in France as ‘Modiodal’ in 1994 and quickly developed a reputation for being an extremely effective narcolepsy medication. It was subsequently released throughout Europe and worldwide under various brand names including ‘Modiodal’, ‘Provigil’, ‘Vigil’, and ‘Modasomil’ .
Besides narcolepsy, Modafinil is also used to treat:
- Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD) ,
- Shift Work Sleep Disorder (SWSD) ,
- Amphetamine addiction , and
- Attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) .
Yet most Modafinil users these days aren’t taking the drug to treat a sleep-related condition. They don’t have narcolepsy or ADHD. In fact, they don’t even have a prescription. Most people who are using Modafinil right now are taking it as a ‘smart’ drug, or ‘nootropic’.
During the early 2000s, Modafinil became the drug of choice for Wall Street traders, CEOs, graduate med students, and anybody looking for a competitive mental edge. It became the go-to ‘smart’ drug for biohackers across the globe and quickly replaced Adderall as the preferred study drug among stressed-out college students.
Why? Because Modafinil offers a range of research-backed cognitive benefits. These include:
- 12-15 hours of “hyper” productivity .
- Enhanced short term recall, especially when fatigued .
- Reduced sense of tiredness or fatigue .
- Better executive functioning, such as time management.
- Elevated mood and outlook.
When you look at these benefits, it’s no wonder that Modafinil is often called the “Limitless” pill. It shares more than a passing resemblance to the fictional nootropic features in that movie – NZT-48.
The difference? NZT-48 is Hollywood fiction, while Modafinil is a real, well-researched drug. It works. It allows you to work for an entire day with a crazy level of resiliency and focus. It makes work almost enjoyable.
Modafinil even allows you to work when you're hungover or sleep-deprived. You'll definitely still feel the effects of too much liquor or inadequate sleep, but you'll still be able to work.
Modafinil Side Effects and Safety
Modafinil's side effect profile is second to none. Take a look at any study and you’ll find that when healthy volunteers are given a normal 200 mg dose of Modafinil, side effects rarely occur. And when they do, they tend to be very mild.
Now, we’re not doctors and this isn’t medical advice, but we don't think you have anything to worry about. That being said, you deserve to know what may happen when you take Modafinil, so are the most commonly reported side effects :
- Dry mouth and/or throat.
- Difficulty sleeping.
- Abdominal pain.
In extremely rare cases, Modafinil may cause an allergic reaction . Symptoms of such a reaction include difficulty breathing, skin rashes, and swelling.
Some physicians also report isolated incidents where patients experience sudden or extreme changes in behavior such as hallucinations, mania, depression, and so on. But we don't think you're likely to experience any of that. The only documented case of someone becoming dependent on Modafinil involved an individual who took vast amounts (1,200 mg) of the drug .
If you stick with the recommended dose of 200 mg per day, you should be fine. We also suggest that you take it no more than three days per week. After all, Modafinil does increase levels of dopamine in the brain, so you must use it responsibly .
As always, if you are worried about how Modafinil will interact with your existing medications or preexisting conditions, consult with a physician first.
Let's move on to the legalities of using Modafinil in Croatia.
Is Modafinil Legal in Croatia?
Here's where we end up in a bit of a ‘grey area' so to speak…
Is Modafinil legal in Croatia?
Yes, and no.
Modafinil is only legal if you have a prescription from a Croatian doctor and buy it from a pharmacy in the country.
We’ll go into more depth about how to get a Modafinil prescription in the next section, but it’s a matter of convincing a Croatian doctor you have a sleep-related disorder, like narcolepsy. Any doctor worth their salt will require a sleep-study before making a narcolepsy diagnosis, and sleep studies tend to be prohibitively expensive.
If you don’t have narcolepsy, the tests will reveal this and, at this point, the game will be up. In other words, paying for a test when you don’t have narcolepsy is just a waste of time and money.
Croatia is a part of the European Union (EU) and is thus subject to many of the regulatory bodies regarding pharmaceuticals that all EU member states are. This includes The European Medicines Agency .
The EMA makes it clear that Modafinil is not to be sold or distributed to anyone without a prescription , and that the only approved indication for Modafinil in Croatia and the EU is the treatment of adults with narcolepsy or excessive daytime sleepiness. These regulations make it exceptionally difficult to get Modafinil in Croatia. It’s certainly not prescribed for cognitive enhancement or anything like that.
But we've got some good news for Croatians and expats living in the country…
Selling Modafinil is illegal, but possessing Modafinil is not a crime in Croatia. You can possess Modafinil without a prescription for personal use in Croatia. Personal use is generally defined as less than 100 pills.
This means you can order Modafinil online without issue.
Both of our recommended vendors below are so confident in shipping Modafinil to Croatia that they offer guaranteed delivery.
This means that if your Modafinil gets confiscated, which is unlikely, you’ll get a free reshipment and/or full refund from the online pharmacy.
How to Get a Modafinil Prescription in Croatia
As we explained above, to get a prescription for Modafinil in Croatia, you must suffer from and be diagnosed with narcolepsy or a similar condition that causes excessive daytime sleepiness.
Croatia is an EU country and the only approved use for Modafinil is to treat narcolepsy. In rare circumstances, doctors may prescribe it to treat a similar sleep-related disorder that makes it difficult to function during the day, such as obstructive sleep apnea or Shift Work Sleep Disorder (SWSD).
Before making a diagnosis, a doctor will ask for an overnight sleep study. There’s no way you can fake having a sleep-related condition, so paying for a test if you are healthy is just a waste of money.
That's just how it goes if you want to get a Modafinil prescription anywhere in Europe — including Croatia.
It's difficult to get a Modafinil prescription in Croatia for most people.
Luckily, it's just as easy to get generic Modafinil and Armodafinil online for Croatians and expats living in the country. Just keep reading to find out more.
Where to Buy Modafinil Online in Croatia | 2022 Guide
Now we're getting to the good stuff. Many of you probably just jumped straight to this section, and we can’t say we blame you. You're probably like us and want to know where you can get your hands on some quality Modafinil for cheap.
Here's the deal…
There are a couple of vendors that ship legit Modafinil to Croatia and do an excellent job at it. Here they are:
For anyone in Croatia seeking exceptional customer service and sweet prices on Modafinil, Buy Moda comes highly recommended.
We love this Modafinil vendor for several reasons:
- World-Class Customer Service: Buy Moda responds to emails fast and offers customer service that is second to none. They also offer a 24/7 chat option if you have any questions or concerns. We've had nothing but good experiences with these guys and we’re sure you’ll be delighted with them too.
- Low Prices: If you're looking to buy Modafinil for cheap while you're in Croatia, look no further. Buy Moda’s prices are some of the lowest we've seen in the industry, and that's after looking over several international vendors. They offer 10% when you use this code at the checkout: ‘BUYMODA#1’.
- Fast and Free Shipping: Your order should arrive in Croatia within 7-11 days, and 4-5 days is not out of the ordinary. That's wicked fast. Shipping is free when you order more than $100 worth of nootropics.
- Several Payment Methods: These guys accept numerous payment options including credit card, Bitcoin, and many more. If you ever have processing issues, just open up the live chat. The team will help you through the payment process until your order is complete.
- GUARANTEED Delivery: Buy Moda offers guaranteed delivery in Croatia. If you don't get your Modafinil, you get a reshipment or a full refund. Zero risks involved!
- Bitcoin Discount: If all of the above wasn't enough, you can get a 20% discount when you buy using Bitcoin or cryptocurrency. This is a sweet deal for people who reside in Croatia.
- Generous Bonuses: As if Buy Moda’s prices weren’t low enough, they also have a few solid bonuses. For example, if you order over $150 worth of Modafinil, they’ll include 30 free pills. On your second order, you’ll get 20% extra!
Overall, we recommend starting here when looking to buy Modafinil in Croatia!
Get 15% off all Buy Moda products as a Modafinil.com reader.
Just use this code at checkout: BUYMODA#1
Looking for a second option? Then look no further than Modafinil XL. These guys are great and will hook you up with some quality Modafinil in no time.
Here’s what we love about them:
- FAST Shipping: Shipping times to Croatia as typically under 10 working days. That’s pretty fast if you ask us. And it’s free when you spend just $80 or more. On larger orders when you spend over $150, you’ll get free express shipping, meaning your shipment will arrive even sooner.
- Guaranteed Delivery: No need to sweat when you order from these guys. In the rare event that your package isn’t delivered, you’ll get a free reshipment and/or refund. This gives you peace of mind.
- Stocked Website: Modafinil XL’s website is one of the best we’ve ever seen. It’s crammed full of valuable information and advice about taking Modafinil and other nootropics. Well worth checking out.
- AMAZING Discounts: You’ll get 20% when you pay with Bitcoin or other cryptocurrencies. They do have a 10%-off discount – ‘ENJOY10OFF’ – but you can’t stack this with the crypto discount, so you’ll have to choose one or the other. Another pseudo-discount is that they give away 10 free Modafinil pills and 10 free Armodafinil pills with EVERY single order!
- FREE Trial Pack: If you’re new to the world of nootropics and just want to TRY some Modafinil, we highly recommend checking out Modafinil XL’s FREE trial pack offer. All they ask is that you cover the $29 shipping fee: they’ll send you 10 free Modafinil pills to try at absolutely no cost!
To wrap up, these guys are awesome and we’re sure you’ll be thrilled with their service.
Get 10% off all ModafinilXL products as a Modafinil.com reader.
Just use this code at checkout: ENJOY10OFF
‘Brand Name' Modafinil and Armodafinil in Croatia
Generally, pharmacies throughout the EU only sell “brand name” Modafinil and Armodafinil products. When you walk into a pharmacy in Croatia, you’re going to see the same few name brands that are carried in virtually all pharmacies across the globe, such as:
- Provigil (Modafinil)
- Modiodal (Modafinil)
- Nuvigil (Armodafinil)
You can only buy these brand name Modafinil and Armodafinil products if you have a prescription.
Now, if you don’t have a prescription and you decide to shop online, you’ll find “generic brands” instead. These include:
These are the four main generic Modafinil and Armodafinil products available online, regardless of where you shop. It’s natural to wonder whether they work the same as brand name products.
The good news is that yes, all of the four products listed above offer insane cognitive benefits. Members of our team have tried Provigil and Nuvigil in the past and we can confirm that the generic brands above work identically. They all offer exactly the same cognitive benefits. We used to have a prescription for Provigil, so we can say this with confidence. You’re not missing anything when you use generic Modafinil.
The only significant difference is that generics are significantly CHEAPER than brand name drugs.
Generic Modafinil is as good as any brand name product but 10x cheaper!
You may notice a slight difference between certain generic nootropics. For instance, Modalert is our team’s favorite product. But your experiences may differ slightly. That’s why we recommend you test out what works for you before making a large order. The easiest way to do just that?
You’ll have no problem getting Modafinil into Croatia. Croatian customs agents have bigger things to worry about than flagging mail containing small amounts of Modafinil. But we can understand some of you may not want the hassle of buying prescription drugs online.
And we can understand that you might be concerned about dependence. After all, taking this drug more than three days per week isn’t recommended. You may want a quality alternative nootropic for your “off” days from Modafinil.
With that in mind, here is the only over-the-counter nootropic supplement worth checking out:
Mind Lab Pro
Mind Lab Pro is the premier over-the-counter nootropic on the market right now and ships to Croatia.
This nootropic supplement gives you 11 different key ingredients, each of which boosts your cognition in different ways. Some of the ingredients offer improvements to focus and memory retention, while others help with neuronal connection health and neurotransmitter health.
For example, one of the most effective ingredients in Mind Lab Pro is L-Theanine. L-Theanine simultaneously gives the brain a focusing and relaxing effect. You get a smooth boost of focus that’s comparable with Modafinil.
Mind Lab Pro also includes N-Acetyl-L-Tyrosine, an amino acid that helps the brain stay robust under periods of stress.
You also get Bacopa Monnieri which is one of the best natural nootropics on the planet. It’s unbelievably great for overall brain health and memory and has been scientifically proven to work .
Lastly, you get Lion's Mane Mushroom, which is another natural nootropic that’s been proven to enhance short-term and long-term memory while protecting overall brain health .
So with Mind Lab Pro, you get more than just a ‘wakefulness’ agent. You get long-term brain protection against stress, aging, and toxins.
No, it doesn’t give you 12-15+ hours of focus like Modafinil does. But it still gives you a solid 6-8 hours. That’s great for getting in a full days’ worth of enhanced work.
Mind Lab Pro is our go-to nootropic for days when we’re not taking Modafinil, and that’s how we recommend you use it too.
Mind Lab Pro!
Modafinil in Croatia | The Verdict
Hopefully, this article has answered every question you had regarding buying Modafinil in Croatia.
We’ve gone over the origins of Modafinil, its legality, its off-label uses, and even the two best places to order some of this smart drug online.
As you’ve seen, buying nootropics here is pretty easy these days. And there are several natural alternatives that get the job done, too!
- (2019, August 18). Retrieved from https://www.drugs.com/cdi/modafinil.html
- Ballon JS, Feifel D. A systematic review of modafinil: Potential clinical uses and mechanisms of action. J Clin Psychiatry. 2006;67(4):554-66
- Gerrard P, Malcolm R. Mechanisms of modafinil: A review of current research. Neuropsychiatr Dis Treat. 2007;3(3):349–364.
- Dackis CA, Kampman KM, Lynch KG, Pettinati HM, O'Brien CP. A double-blind, placebo-controlled trial of modafinil for cocaine dependence. Neuropsychopharmacology. 2005 Jan;30(1):205-11. doi: 10.1038/sj.npp.1300600. PMID: 15525998.
- Biederman J, Swanson JM, Wigal SB, Boellner SW, Earl CQ, Lopez FA; Modafinil ADHD Study Group. A comparison of once-daily and divided doses of modafinil in children with attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder: a randomized, double-blind, and placebo-controlled study. J Clin Psychiatry. 2006 May;67(5):727-35. doi: 10.4088/jcp.v67n0506. PMID: 16841622.
- Pigeau R, Naitoh P, Buguet A, McCann C, Baranski J, Taylor M, Thompson M, MacK I I. Modafinil, d-amphetamine and placebo during 64 hours of sustained mental work. I. Effects on mood, fatigue, cognitive performance and body temperature. J Sleep Res. 1995 Dec;4(4):212-228. doi: 10.1111/j.1365-2869.1995.tb00172.x. PMID: 10607161.
- Young JW. Dopamine D1 and D2 receptor family contributions to modafinil-induced wakefulness. J Neurosci. 2009;29(9):2663–2665. doi:10.1523/JNEUROSCI.5843-08.2009
- Müller, U., Rowe, J. B., Rittman, T., Lewis, C., Robbins, T. W., & Sahakian, B. J. (2013, January). Effects of modafinil on non-verbal cognition, task enjoyment and creative thinking in healthy volunteers. Retrieved from https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3485563/
- (2011, June 16). Retrieved from https://www.cardiosmart.org/Healthwise/d043/78/d04378
- modafinil (Provigil). (n.d.). Retrieved from https://www.emedicinehealth.com/drug-modafinil/article_em.htm
- Krishnan, R., & Chary, K. V. (2015). A rare case modafinil dependence. Retrieved from https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4319252/
- Zolkowska D, Jain R, Rothman RB, Partilla JS, Roth BL, Setola V, Prisinzano TE, Baumann MH. Evidence for the involvement of dopamine transporters in behavioral stimulant effects of modafinil. J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 2009 May;329(2):738-46. doi: 10.1124/jpet.108.146142. Epub 2009 Feb 5. PMID: 19197004; PMCID: PMC2672878.
- The European regulatory system for medicines. (2016). Retrieved from https://www.ema.europa.eu/en/documents/leaflet/european-regulatory-system-medicines-european-medicines-agency-consistent-approach-medicines_en.pdf
- European Medicines Agency recommends restricting the use of modafinil. (2010, July 22). Retrieved from https://www.ema.europa.eu/en/news/european-medicines-agency-recommends-restricting-use-modafinil
- Aguiar S, Borowski T. Neuropharmacological review of the nootropic herb Bacopa monnieri. Rejuvenation Res. 2013 Aug;16(4):313-26. doi: 10.1089/rej.2013.1431. PMID: 23772955; PMCID: PMC3746283.
- Rossi P, Cesaroni V, Brandalise F, Occhinegro A, Ratto D, Perrucci F, Lanaia V, Girometta C, Orrù G, Savino E. Dietary Supplementation of Lion's Mane Medicinal Mushroom, Hericium erinaceus (Agaricomycetes), and Spatial Memory in Wild-Type Mice. Int J Med Mushrooms. 2018;20(5):485-494. doi: 10.1615/IntJMedMushrooms.2018026241. PMID: 29953363.