Curious about how to buy Modafinil in El Salvador these days?
If so, then you're in the perfect place, because this guide will tell you everything you need to know about buying this renowned smart drug in this part of the world.
But for those looking for a quick answer…
If you’re looking for more in-depth information, then keep reading…
Here, we’ll break down everything you need to know about buying Modafinil in El Salvador, from its legal status to its benefits, side effects, how to get a prescription, and where to buy it online.
Plus, we’ll share our top recommendation for a powerful alternative nootropic that’s 100% legal!
What is Modafinil?
Well, that's a good question…
To use a scientific term, Modafinil is a ‘eugeroic’, which means it’s a type of drug that promotes wakefulness. It accomplishes this by stimulating a massive spike in the levels of histamine and dopamine in the brain . As such…
- The histamine prevents you from feeling tired or fatigued and lets you stay highly focused for hours on end .
- The dopamine kills your appetite, elevates your mood, and makes it easier to recall facts and figures [3, 4].
When Modafinil was first discovered in the 1970s, researchers immediately identified that it could prove useful for people who suffer from narcolepsy, a condition that causes extreme daytime drowsiness. However, it wasn’t until 1994 that Modafinil was released as a prescription medication in France under the brand name ‘Modiodal’.
Needless to say, Modafinil worked very, very well. Doctors quickly found that it could be used to treat a whole host of sleep-related ailments besides narcolepsy, such as sleep apnea, Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD), and Shift Work Sleep Disorder (SWSD). It also proved effective at treating cognitive disorders such as Attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder  and even helped patients in the throes of cocaine and amphetamine addiction .
While this is all very interesting, it’s likely not why you started reading this guide. You’re probably interested in taking Modafinil off-prescription as a smart drug or nootropic.
Well, it’s true; Modafinil is the undisputed “King” of nootropics. Its use by biohackers, hustlers, grad students, and Wall Street traders is widespread and legendary. Think of it as a mental performance-enhancing drug. Steroids for the brain.
We're talking about effects like:
- 12+ hours of INSANE ‘tunnel-vision’ focus .
- ZERO feelings of tiredness or fatigue – perfect if you want to pull an all-nighter .
- Superhuman productivity and drive.
- Off-the-charts improvement in non-verbal cognition .
In a nutshell, Modafinil helps you push through fatigue and apply yourself unwaveringly to see any task through. It’s not ‘magic’ and it won’t do your work or study for you, but it will help you focus, block out distractions, and work harder than you’ve ever worked before.
When you combine Modafinil with a proper diet, regular sleep schedule, and a decent exercise routine, you’ll have the recipe for success!
Modafinil Side Effects and Safety
The REAL secret to getting the most out of Modafinil is knowing how to use it properly. It does have a range of documented side effects that you need to know about before you take it.
Specifically, you should know about the most common side effects such as :
- Loss of appetite.
- Dry mouth, eyes, or throat.
- Sleeping difficulties (insomnia).
The good news is that these side effects are generally quite mild and typically subside within 24 hours. Modafinil has been trialed by many militaries as a wakefulness stimulant for pilots and studies have shown that the percentage of aviators who experienced any side effects is in the single digits [11, 12].
You can mitigate most of the side effects listed above by following a few simple steps. First, to avoid insomnia, we suggest taking the drug early in the morning so that its effects wear off by the evening. Second, to avoid headaches, and dry mouth, eyes, or throat, stay well-hydrated during the day. Lastly, to avoid nausea make a conscious effort to stick to your regular meal times. Viola!
Now, the severity of Modafinil’s side effects will increase with dosage; the more you take, the worse they will become. Our suggested dose is 100-200mg per day, and we recommend that you take it no more than three times per week. Why? In a word, tolerance.
You see, if you take too much Modafinil for an extended period, your body will develop a tolerance to the drug. Its cognitive benefits will diminish and you’ll need to increase the dose to get the same benefits.
To avoid this, take the drug 2-3 times per week and give yourself a complete two-week break every two months. This is known as ‘cycling’ and it’s a proven way of maximizing benefits while minimizing side effects.
If you’re concerned about whether Modafinil is addictive, the answer is no; it has a low risk of dependence. The only known case of Modafinil dependence involved an individual who consumed 1,200mg/day – far above the recommended 200mg maximum .
Modafinil is extremely powerful and should be used responsibly. Be smart and you should be fine, however, we’re not doctors and this isn’t medical advice. If you experience any extreme side effects such as skin rashes, hypertension, chest pain, or personality changes, stop using Modafinil immediately, and seek a doctor or emergency help.
Is Modafinil Legal in El Salvador?
This is where we enter a bit of a grey area.
Technically, Modafinil is legal in El Salvador. You should be able to walk into a pharmacy and purchase this drug without a prescription as pharmaceutical regulations are generally not enforced here.
You can buy prescription drugs over-the-counter here.
However, there are two main problems:
First, we are unable to identify a governmental medicines regulatory agency in El Salvador, after searching in both English and Spanish. At the time of writing, medicine regulations are still undergoing major changes here in El Salvador .
Second, very few, if any, pharmacies here stock Modafinil. It’s not authorized or registered here. You’ll likely need to visit 8-12 pharmacies in San Salvador before you come across anything. Not ideal.
Luckily, you can easily order Modafinil online while living in El Salvador.
Below we’ll show you how to do just that…
Where to Buy Modafinil Online in El Salvador | 2021 Guide
Here we go — the most important part of this guide:
Where to buy Modafinil online in El Salvador.
Both of our recommended vendors below are highly reputable and won’t let you down. Our team has made multiple orders from both of them and have been highly impressed.
Let’s take a look…
Buy Moda is, without a shadow of a doubt, the BEST online Modafinil vendor in the world right now. Period. They are the oldest and most established pharmacy out there and have an impeccable track record of shipping legit Modafinil worldwide, including El Salvador.
Here’s what we LOVE about Buy Moda:
- Dazzling Choice: There are many different generic brands of Modafinil to choose from and Buy Moda stocks them all – from Modalert, to Modvigil, Modaheal, and Vilafinil – you’re spoilt for choice when you shop here!
- CRAZY LOW Prices: Buy Moda sell Modafinil at insanely low prices – you won’t get a better deal anywhere. The bigger your order, the lower the price-per-pill drops.
- MASSIVE Discounts: Buy Moda offers many ways to save. For starters, if you order more than $100, you’ll get free shipping. If you order over $150, you’ll get 30 free pills. Oh, and on your second order, you’ll get a 20% pill bonus, just for being a returning customer!
- 10% Off Coupon: When you spend over $100 you can enter the code ‘BUYMODA#1’ at the checkout to get 10% off your order.
- BIG Bitcoin Discount: As well as all of the above, you can get a further 20% off when you pay with Bitcoin.
- Guaranteed Delivery: To wrap it up, Buy Moda guarantees every order; either you get your Modafinil or you’ll get a free reshipment or full refund.
Here’s how you can combine all of the above benefits to get Modafinil insanely cheap on Buy Moda:
- First, add 100 Modalert pills to your car for $169 – this entitles you to 30 free pills AND free shipping.
- Next, enter the coupon ‘BUYMODA#1’ at the checkout to get 10% off, and then pay with crypto for another 20% off.
- The result? 130 high-quality Modafinil pills for $121 delivered to your door!
Simply unbeatable and highly, highly recommended!
Get 15% off all Buy Moda products as a Modafinil.com reader.
Just use this code at checkout: BUYMODA#1
Next up, let take a look at our second vendor – Modafinil XL. These guys do a sterling job and offer similar benefits to Buy Moda, including:
- 20% Bitcoin Discount.
- Free Shipping on orders over $80.
- Free Express shipping on orders over $150.
- 10 Free Modafinil Pills and 10 Free Armodafinil Pills with Every Order.
- Guaranteed Delivery: Free reships and refunds as required.
But there’s more…
You see, Modafinil XL has a couple of ‘extras’ that make them PERFECT for beginners who are just dipping their toes into the smart drug scene.
- Informative Website: Modafinil XL’s website is unparalleled. It offers a treasure trove of facts, information, and details about Modafinil and other nootropics. Ideal for newbies!
- Fast Shipping Times: All shipments are dispatched from India or Singapore within 24 hours so they arrive in El Salvador very, very fast!
- FREE Trial Pack: Want to discover what Modafinil can do for you? Modafinil XL offers an easy way to find out; simply pay them $29 for shipping and they’ll send you 10 free Modafinil pills absolutely free! This lets you find out first-hand how fast and discreet their shipping is, and how awesome their nootropics are. No pressure!
We absolutely love Modafinil XL and they almost got our No 1 spot but overall their prices are a little higher. They do have a 10% off coupon (ENJOY10OFF) but this can’t be used with the 20% discount. Still, it’s worth knowing if, for whatever reason, you don’t want to pay with crypto.
Overall, still highly recommended!
Get 10% off all ModafinilXL products as a Modafinil.com reader.
Just use this code at checkout: ENJOY10OFF
You won't have any legal issues when buying Modafinil and getting it shipped to El Salvador. Both of the vendors we recommended ship their nootropics in very discreet packaging so your order will sail through customs.
But, as we mentioned above, Modafinil can potentially cause dependence issues and you really want to limit your intake to a maximum of three times per week.
So, what should do on your “off” days when you still want a cognitive boost? Well, we recommend a 100% legal over-the-counter alternative:
Mind Lab Pro
Mind Lab Pro is like the “all-in-one-Swiss-Army-Knife” of nootropics. It’s a completely natural dietary supplement, not a pharmaceutical. And it offers comparable benefits to Modafinil – the only difference is that it lasts around 6 hours (to Modafinil’s 12) but that’s still PLENTY of time to get some serious stuff done!
Mind Lab Pro contains 11 key ingredients that target every available area of cognition from your memory to your focus and overall brain health. It boosts concentration as Modafinil does, but you also get calming effects, clearing of toxins, and much more.
It's our go-to nootropic during our “off days” from Modafinil and that’s how we recommend you take it too.
You won't find 12+ hours of mental performance boost here, but you'll be focused and in the zone for 6-9+ hours with Mind Lab Pro.
They also ship to El Salvador, making things easy for you!
This is our #1 non-Modafinil recommendation for those looking for a powerful nootropic.
Mind Lab Pro!
Modafinil in El Salvador | The Verdict
That's about everything you'd ever need to know about Modafinil in El Salvador.
This small Central American country is not the easiest place in the world to find Modafinil, but it's certainly doable when buying online with our recommended vendors.
- Gerrard P, Malcolm R. Mechanisms of modafinil: A review of current research. Neuropsychiatr Dis Treat. 2007;3(3):349–364.
- Brown RE, Stevens DR, Haas HL. The physiology of brain histamine. Prog Neurobiol. 2001;63(6):637-672. doi:10.1016/s0301-0082(00)00039-3
- Zolkowska D, Jain R, Rothman RB, Partilla JS, Roth BL, Setola V, Prisinzano TE, Baumann MH. Evidence for the involvement of dopamine transporters in behavioral stimulant effects of modafinil. J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 2009 May;329(2):738-46. doi: 10.1124/jpet.108.146142. Epub 2009 Feb 5. PMID: 19197004; PMCID: PMC2672878.
- Minzenberg MJ, Carter CS. Modafinil: a review of neurochemical actions and effects on cognition. Neuropsychopharmacology. 2008 Jun;33(7):1477-502. doi: 10.1038/sj.npp.1301534. Epub 2007 Aug 22. PMID: 17712350.
- Biederman J, Swanson JM, Wigal SB, Boellner SW, Earl CQ, Lopez FA; Modafinil ADHD Study Group. A comparison of once-daily and divided doses of modafinil in children with attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder: a randomized, double-blind, and placebo-controlled study. J Clin Psychiatry. 2006 May;67(5):727-35. doi: 10.4088/jcp.v67n0506. PMID: 16841622.
- Dackis CA, Kampman KM, Lynch KG, Pettinati HM, O'Brien CP. A double-blind, placebo-controlled trial of modafinil for cocaine dependence. Neuropsychopharmacology. 2005 Jan;30(1):205-11. doi: 10.1038/sj.npp.1300600. PMID: 15525998.#
- Young JW. Dopamine D1 and D2 receptor family contributions to modafinil-induced wakefulness. J Neurosci. 2009;29(9):2663–2665. doi:10.1523/JNEUROSCI.5843-08.2009
- Pigeau R, Naitoh P, Buguet A, McCann C, Baranski J, Taylor M, Thompson M, MacK I I. Modafinil, d-amphetamine and placebo during 64 hours of sustained mental work. I. Effects on mood, fatigue, cognitive performance and body temperature. J Sleep Res. 1995 Dec;4(4):212-228. doi: 10.1111/j.1365-2869.1995.tb00172.x. PMID: 10607161.
- Müller, U., Rowe, J. B., Rittman, T., Lewis, C., Robbins, T. W., & Sahakian, B. J. (2013, January). Effects of modafinil on non-verbal cognition, task enjoyment and creative thinking in healthy volunteers. Retrieved from https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3485563/
- Provigil Side Effects Center. (2018, May 8). Retrieved from https://www.rxlist.com/provigil-side-effects-drug-center.htm
- Estrada A, Kelley AM, Webb CM, Athy JR, Crowley JS. Modafinil as a replacement for dextroamphetamine for sustaining alertness in military helicopter pilots. Aviat Space Environ Med. 2012;83(6):556-64.
- Ooi T, Wong SH, See B. Modafinil as a Stimulant for Military Aviators. Aerosp Med Hum Perform. 2019;90(5):480-483. doi:10.3357/AMHP.5298.2019
- Krishnan R, Chary KV. A rare case modafinil dependence. J Pharmacol Pharmacother. 2015;6(1):49-50. doi:10.4103/0976-500X.149149
- EL SALVADOR: The New Law on Medicines and its implementation. (2015). Retrieved from https://apps.who.int/iris/bitstream/handle/10665/186475/WHO_HIS_HGF_CaseStudy_15.5_eng.pdf;jsessionid=7A23AD5E90CF0B5352A7B6DFBF31C47A?sequence=1