Do you want to know how to buy Modafinil in Indonesia?
Are you curious about whether it’s safe and legal to possess Modafinil in the country?
Then you’ve come to the perfect place.
In this in-depth guide, we’ll breakdown everything you need to know about Modafinil while living in Indonesia, whether you’re a local, an expat, or a digital nomad.
Get 10% off all Buy Moda products as a Modafinil.com reader.
Just use this code at checkout: BUYMODA#1
You may just be looking for a quick link where you can buy Modafinil online and have it shipped to Indonesia. If that’s you, then simply click on the link above and you’ll be taken to the perfect online pharmacy.
However, Indonesia is a unique country.
It has some interesting laws and legalities regarding prescription medication. As such, many people find it prudent to do a little research on Modafinil before buying some. Luckily, we’ve done all of that for you, just keep reading…
This is not legal or medical advice. This article was strictly created for your entertainment. Please consult with your primary care physician or a medical professional with close working knowledge of your health -- before consuming pharmaceutical drugs or nootropics, like Modafinil. Please read my disclaimer.
What Is Modafinil?
Modafinil was discovered in the mid-1970s and found to be a potent wakefulness-promoting agent, or ‘eugeroic’.
The drug works by increasing levels of histamine in the brain . This creates a feeling of extreme alertness while simultaneously suppressing appetite for over 12 hours . Modafinil also causes levels of dopamine in the brain to shoot up . This dramatically improves mood, memory, and concentration .
Modafinil was first released in France in the early 90s under the brand name ‘Provigil’ and was used to narcolepsy, a condition that causes people to fall asleep randomly during the day .
Provigil was phenomenally effective and doctors soon discovered that it offered cognitive benefits, too. Some of Provigil’s ‘off-label’ uses include treating sleep apnea , Shift Work Sleep Disorder (SWSD), Attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) , and even cocaine dependence .
However, most people taking Modafinil these days are not using it to treat narcolepsy or any of those conditions. Most people are taking if ‘off prescription’ as a so-called ‘smart drug’, otherwise known as a ‘nootropic’.
Well, Modafinil offers a range of benefits that are comparable with strong stimulants like amphetamines, yet it has comparatively few side effects and is considered to be a safe and non-addictive drug.
Let’s look at some of Modafinil’s benefits…
Benefits of Modafinil
Modafinil is a proven cognitive enhance and offers the following research-backed benefits:
Modafinil increases a person’s ability to maintain a ‘laser-like’ focus for over 12 hours , making it an impressive study aid. In this regard, Modafinil is similar to amphetamines like Adderall, yet it causes no neurotoxic side effects. Modafinil has long been used by military aviators to promote focus and wakefulness during long operations and is well-tolerated .
Modafinil has been shown to dramatically increase productivity and motivation . Many people find that they experience an increased ability to perform or accomplish tasks within a set time when they’re using Modafinil, which makes it fantastic for people who are on a tight schedule.
We find that it’s easy to fit two workdays into one — when taking Modafinil.
One of the most popular uses for Modafinil is enhancing and sustaining energy levels. Modafinil works to decrease fatigue and increase endurance without over-exerting the nervous system . This means you’ll feel like you’re in the zone for hours on end when taking this nootropic. Many people use Modafinil to pull an ‘all-nighter’ and stay up all night studying or working.
Modafinil is perhaps most well-known for improving various aspects of cognition. Cognition is a blanket term that relates to the mental actions involved in gaining knowledge, perception, and understanding of the world around us. Cognition is often used synonymously with intelligence.
There are many ways in which Modafinil can enhance cognitive health:
- Modafinil increases both memory retention and memory recall. Memory retention is our ability to commit new information to memory; memory recall involves ‘pulling out’ stored knowledge for use in the present .
- Modafinil has been shown to help enhance overall cognition in people who are sleep deprived, fighting off issues like ‘brain fog,’ confusion, and emotional instability.
- Modafinil can help people improve their verbal fluidity and their ability to articulate complex ideas or hold conversations. This makes it useful for people who suffer from social anxiety.
There are several ways that Modafinil can help improve mental health, aside from enhancing cognition.
Firstly, Modafinil has been shown to reduce anxiety . This is significant for people who are considering switching from caffeine – a substance known to cause anxiety – to Modafinil, a substance that can mitigate anxiety.
Modafinil can also help to reduce impulsive behavior, allowing people a greater ability to discern possible options and make solid decisions and choices. Modafinil has been shown to significantly enhance mood and overall well being.
Simply put, Modafinil lets you accomplish anything you put your mind to. When combined with a healthy diet and lifestyle, it helps you push yourself far beyond your limits.
Modafinil Side Effects and Safety
Before you run off and start ordering Modafinil by the truckload, there are a couple of things you need to know about its safety and side effects.
It’s important to know how to use this drug safely, and that involves gaining a full awareness of its potential side effects.
The most common Modafinil side effects include:
- Dry mouth and/or throat.
- Insomnia or difficulty sleeping.
- Upset stomach and/or nausea.
The good news?
When you take a moderate dose of Modafinil (100-200mg), experiencing any of these side effects is rare. One Singaporean study found that less than two percent of Air Force pilots experienced any side effects at all .
In short, Modafinil is a very safe drug.
That being said, it’s important to be responsible when using Modafinil. As it increases dopamine, dependence is a risk. Therefore, we recommend that you take no more than 200mg per dose, and limit your use to 2-3 times per week.
Make sure you take Modafinil early in the morning, stay well-hydrated, and stick with your proper meal times. These three simple things will help you avoid most of the common side effects.
In rare circumstances, Modafinil can cause serious side effects such as rashes, allergic reactions, psychosis, and heart irregularities, although these usually happen in people who have existing problems in those areas.
For example, people with high blood pressure and/or existing heart problems may experience chest pain and difficulty breathing while using Modafinil. The chances are super low, but it’s a possibility.
If you are in doubt about how Modafinil may interact with your existing medications and supplements, consult your doctor beforehand.
Is Modafinil Legal in Indonesia?
Determining the legal status of Modafinil in Indonesia is far from straightforward. This is partly because Indonesia has such harsh anti-narcotics laws. And partly because Modafinil has never been officially ‘released’ here; it’s an unregistered medicine.
Luckily, you needn’t be alarmed…
Getting your hands on Modafinil in Indonesia is easy and safe!
Modafinil currently exists in a legal grey area – it’s not explicitly legal or illegal.
According to Indonesian laws, Modafinil simply doesn’t exist. Why? Because, as an unregistered drug, there are no direct references to it in any laws or legal documents. Modafinil isn’t a narcotic and doesn’t appear on any banned substances lists.
While this means that Modafinil is not explicitly illegal, it’s not 100% legal either. Indonesian pharmacies don’t stock it, and doctors won’t prescribe it. This is where the law gets complicated. Being found in possession of a small amount of Modafinil for personal use won’t land you in trouble. But importing and selling an unregistered medicine is an offense.
Therefore, when ordering Modafinil online you should limit your order to less than three months’ supply, or around 100 pills.
How to Get a Modafinil Prescription in Indonesia
In Indonesia, prescription drugs can only be issued by a medical professional once they have been licensed and approved by a government agency.
Thus, only well-known and widely-used pharmaceuticals are approved for these purposes. Unfortunately, Modafinil is not recognized as a widely-used drug in Indonesia, and as such, it doesn’t have any pharmaceutical use according to the government.
The drug is not legally produced here by any agency, and it is not distributed for personal or medical use by any pharmacy. This means that you won’t be able to get a Modafinil prescription from any doctor or professional in Indonesia.
It is impossible!
Luckily, there is a solution…
Where to Buy Modafinil Online in Indonesia | 2020 Guide
Now, we’re getting to the good stuff!
Want to know how to buy Modafinil online in Indonesia and have it shipped straight to your doorstep?
Despite Indonesia’s strict customs controls and stringent anti-narcotic laws, you can still order Modafinil online while in the country.
Here are our top two vendors for those looking to buy Modafinil online in Indonesia:
Buy Moda is our top recommendation for anybody in Indonesia who wants to try Modafinil. Our team was blown away by their customer service and the speed of their shipping. We’re sure you’ll be impressed when you order from them too.
Here are some of the things we feel they do phenomenally well:
- Guaranteed Delivery: Should your order fail to arrive, you’ll get a free reshipment. If the second package doesn’t show, you’ll get a full refund. We LOVE having this guarantee even though we’ve never had to use it (and probably never will!).
- Massive Discounts: With Buy Moda there are many ways to save. If you pay with Bitcoin, you’ll get a huge 20% discount and if you order more than $100, you’ll get free shipping.
- Fantastic Freebies: When you spend over $150, you’ll get 30 extra pills absolutely free. On your second order, you’ll get a 20% returning customer bonus.
- Discreet Shipping: When you order from Buy Moda, your privacy is guaranteed. They ship nootropics in plain, discreet packaging. No-one will know what you’ve ordered!
As you can tell, we’ve huge fans of Buy Moda, but don’t just take our word for how awesome these guys are. They have thousands of positive reviews on reputable sites such as TrustPilot. Check them out!
Overall, we highly recommend Buy Moda.
Get 10% off all Buy Moda products as a Modafinil.com reader.
Just use this code at checkout: BUYMODA#1
Our second recommended vendor is Dino Supplies. These guys give Buy Moda some stiff competition and come highly recommended.
Here’s what they have to offer:
- Guaranteed Delivery: If you’re hesitant about ordering Modafinil, Dino Supplies make a simple promise: either you get your Modafinil or you get a full refund or reshipment. Your choice.
- FREE Shipping on All Orders: Unlike Buy Moda, there’s no minimum order when you buy from Dino Supplies – shipping is free on ALL orders. This makes them great for smaller purchases.
- FAST Shipping Times: Dino Supplies ships from Asia, so you can expect your order to arrive in as little as 15 working days. That’s pretty quick!
- BIG Discounts: You can get a solid 20% off your order when you pay using Bitcoin! Just another great way to save.
Overall, Dino Supplies is a phenomenal vendor for anyone living in Indonesia. Their prices are a little higher than Buy Moda, but they more than make up for this with their fast, free shipping.
Get 10% off all Dino Supplies products as a Modafinil.com reader.
Just use this code at checkout: DINOMODA6854
‘Brand Name’ Modafinil and Armodafinil in Indonesia
As we mentioned earlier, the official brand name for Modafinil in most parts of the world is ‘Provigil’. There’s also a newer version of the drug called Armodafinil, which is sold under the brand name ‘Nuvigil’.
In case you were wondering, Modafinil and Armodafinil are “enantiopure compounds”, which means they are like mirror-images of each other. The only difference is that Armodafinil has a longer half-life and is thought to be more effective.
Now, it’s a bit silly to think about ‘brand name’ Modafinil and Armodafinil in Indonesia for one simple reason…
Modafinil and Armodafinil are not registered in Indonesia and are not sold in any pharmacies in the country.
As such, you’ll have to order Modafinil and Armodafinil online while in the country. And, when you go online, you won’t find brand name drugs. Instead, you’ll typically find the following generic products:
You may be curious; what’s the difference between brand name and generic version of Modafinil and Armodafinil?
Simply put, they are identical. Generic drugs are made to work exactly the same way as their brand-name counterparts. They contain the same active ingredients and are of the same quality, dosage, and strength.
Most people find that all of these drugs work incredibly well, but end up preferring one over the other.
In our experience, Modalert seems to be a little stronger than Modvigil, but the latter still gets the job done. Similarly, Waklert and Artvigil both do an exceptional job but we’ve found Waklert to be slightly stronger, while Artvigil is more cost-effective.
We suggest that you try all four and see which one works best for you.
While we’re confident that you won’t have any issues ordering Modafinil and having it shipped to you in Indonesia, we’re not lawyers and this isn’t legal advice.
Modafinil’s legal status is questionable, to say the least, and if you want to err on the side of caution, that’s perfectly understandable. We get it.
That’s why we recommend a 100% legal alternative to Modafinil:
Mind Lab Pro
If you want to experience the benefits of Modafinil without any of its side effects or legal hassles, Mind Lab Pro is our top recommendation. It’s more than just a Modafinil-alternative; it’s the world’s first universal nootropic.
While Mind Lab Pro won’t give you 12+ hours of superhuman focus like Modafinil, it does offer a solid 6-9 hours of hyper-concentration. In our experience, that’s more than enough time to absolutely crush your workload.
If you’re curious about how Mind Lab Pro works, its strength comes from its 11 natural ingredients. Each one has been scientifically proven to optimize a wide array of cognitive functions. Together, they work in synergy to boost your entire mental performance.
While we won’t give you the entire list, the top-three ingredients are Bacopa Monnieri, Citicoline, and Lion’s Mane Mushroom.
- Many people consider Bacopa to be the world’s best natural nootropic; it’s a phenomenal memory booster that’s also great for long-term neuroprotection .
- Citicoline helps with cognition and thinking and boosts the effectiveness of other nootropics .
- Lion’s Mane Mushroom helps improve focus and mood while lowering anxiety .
As far as over-the-counter nootropics go, you’ll find this stuff is potent and powerful. But that’s not the only reason we love this stuff…
Mind Lab Pro also offers a “CREATIVE” cognitive boost that you don’t get with Modafinil. Every single member of our team has experienced a significant creative boost from this stuff. It’s incredible.
We love Mind Lab Pro and highly recommend it!
Mind Lab Pro!
Modafinil in Indonesia | The Verdict?
That’s about it!
Everything you’d ever need to know about buying Modafinil in Indonesia.
This guide is in-depth and detailed to ensure you can make the best buying decisions. We’re not doctors or lawyers, but we’ve done our best to provide you with accurate information regarding nootropics in Indonesia.
While the country has some stringent laws regarding prescription and street drugs, the Indonesian government does not classify Modafinil as either. For this reason, we’ve found it safe to import Modafinil into the country for personal use.
- Ishizuka T, Sakamoto Y, Sakurai T, Yamatodani A. Modafinil increases histamine release in the anterior hypothalamus of rats. Neurosci Lett. 2003;339(2):143-146. doi:10.1016/s0304-3940(03)00006-5
- Brown RE, Stevens DR, Haas HL. The physiology of brain histamine. Prog Neurobiol. 2001;63(6):637-672. doi:10.1016/s0301-0082(00)00039-3
- Zolkowska D, Jain R, Rothman RB, Partilla JS, Roth BL, Setola V, Prisinzano TE, Baumann MH. Evidence for the involvement of dopamine transporters in behavioral stimulant effects of modafinil. J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 2009 May;329(2):738-46. doi: 10.1124/jpet.108.146142. Epub 2009 Feb 5. PMID: 19197004; PMCID: PMC2672878.
- Minzenberg MJ, Carter CS. Modafinil: a review of neurochemical actions and effects on cognition. Neuropsychopharmacology. 2008 Jun;33(7):1477-502. doi: 10.1038/sj.npp.1301534. Epub 2007 Aug 22. PMID: 17712350.
- (n.d.). Retrieved from https://www.webmd.com/drugs/2/drug-16962/modafinil-oral/details
- Gerrard P, Malcolm R. Mechanisms of modafinil: A review of current research. Neuropsychiatr Dis Treat. 2007;3(3):349–364.
- Biederman J, Swanson JM, Wigal SB, Boellner SW, Earl CQ, Lopez FA; Modafinil ADHD Study Group. A comparison of once-daily and divided doses of modafinil in children with attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder: a randomized, double-blind, and placebo-controlled study. J Clin Psychiatry. 2006 May;67(5):727-35. doi: 10.4088/jcp.v67n0506. PMID: 16841622.
- Dackis CA, Kampman KM, Lynch KG, Pettinati HM, O’Brien CP. A double-blind, placebo-controlled trial of modafinil for cocaine dependence. Neuropsychopharmacology. 2005 Jan;30(1):205-11. doi: 10.1038/sj.npp.1300600. PMID: 15525998.
- Chapotot F, Pigeau R, Canini F, Bourdon L, Buguet A. Distinctive effects of modafinil and d-amphetamine on the homeostatic and circadian modulation of the human waking EEG. Psychopharmacology (Berl). 2003 Mar;166(2):127-38. doi: 10.1007/s00213-002-1315-8. Epub 2003 Jan 28. PMID: 12552359. 5.
- Estrada A, Kelley AM, Webb CM, Athy JR, Crowley JS. Modafinil as a replacement for dextroamphetamine for sustaining alertness in military helicopter pilots. Aviat Space Environ Med. 2012;83(6):556-64.
- Pigeau R, Naitoh P, Buguet A, McCann C, Baranski J, Taylor M, Thompson M, MacK I I. Modafinil, d-amphetamine and placebo during 64 hours of sustained mental work. I. Effects on mood, fatigue, cognitive performance and body temperature. J Sleep Res. 1995 Dec;4(4):212-228. doi: 10.1111/j.1365-2869.1995.tb00172.x. PMID: 10607161.
- Young JW. Dopamine D1 and D2 receptor family contributions to modafinil-induced wakefulness. J Neurosci. 2009;29(9):2663–2665. doi:10.1523/JNEUROSCI.5843-08.2009
- Müller, U., Rowe, J. B., Rittman, T., Lewis, C., Robbins, T. W., & Sahakian, B. J. (2013, January). Effects of modafinil on non-verbal cognition, task enjoyment and creative thinking in healthy volunteers. Retrieved from https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3485563/
- Baranski JV, Pigeau RA. Self-monitoring cognitive performance during sleep deprivation: effects of modafinil, d-amphetamine and placebo. J Sleep Res. 1997 Jun;6(2):84-91. doi: 10.1111/j.1365-2869.1997.00032.x. PMID: 9377538.
- Ooi T, Wong SH, See B. Modafinil as a Stimulant for Military Aviators. Aerosp Med Hum Perform. 2019;90(5):480-483. doi:10.3357/AMHP.5298.2019
- Kongkeaw C, Dilokthornsakul P, Thanarangsarit P, Limpeanchob N, Norman Scholfield C. Meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials on cognitive effects of Bacopa monnieri extract. J Ethnopharmacol. 2014;151(1):528-535. doi:10.1016/j.jep.2013.11.008
- Grieb P. Neuroprotective properties of citicoline: facts, doubts and unresolved issues. CNS Drugs. 2014;28(3):185-193. doi:10.1007/s40263-014-0144-8
- Mori K, Inatomi S, Ouchi K, Azumi Y, Tuchida T. Improving effects of the mushroom Yamabushitake (Hericium erinaceus) on mild cognitive impairment: a double-blind placebo-controlled clinical trial. Phytother Res. 2009;23(3):367-372. doi:10.1002/ptr.2634