If you’re curious about how to buy Modafinil in Italy right now, then we’ve got you covered.
In this detailed guide, we’ll spell out everything you need to know about buying the world’s premier cognitive enhancing drug while living or working in Repubblica Italiana, the Italian Republic.
Our goal for this guide is to help you get your hands on the best generic Modafinil hassle-free.
If you already know all about Modafinil and just want to order some ASAP, here’s the short answer:
But if you’re looking for detailed info about Modafinil’s benefits, side effects, legal status, and recommended dosages, then keep reading…
Below, you’ll discover all that and more, including the best places to buy Modafinil in Italy and a natural nootropic that you can buy without a prescription.
Fortunately, it's pretty easy to buy Modafinil online these days, so let’s get started!
Disclaimer: Modafinil.com does not offer medical diagnosis or treatment advice. Modafinil.com makes no claims that the products referenced can cure, treat or prevent any conditions, including any conditions referenced on its website or in print materials. Patients suffering from any of these conditions should consult their physician prior to using prescription medication. This information, including any referenced scientific or clinical research, is made available for educational purposes only. Modafinil.com makes every effort to ensure that any information it shares complies with national and international standards for clinical trial information and is committed to the timely disclosure of the design and results of all interventional clinical studies for innovative treatments publicly available or that may be made available. However, research is not considered conclusive. Always consult your healthcare provider with any questions. Statements regarding Modafinil.com products are the opinions of the individuals making them and are not necessarily the same as those of Modafinil.com..
What is Modafinil?
Before we dive into how to buy Modafinil in Italy, we’ll first discuss what the smart drug is and why so many people love it.
Modafinil is widely considered to be the world’s best cognitive enhancer and is by far the most popular smart drug on the market right now.
Modafinil offers numerous research-backed benefits such as:
- Reduced sense of fatigue – great for all-nighters!
- 12+ hours of intense focus .
- Improved overall productivity .
- Better cognitive functioning .
- Enhanced memory and short-term recall .
When you take Modafinil, you don’t feel ‘high’. Instead, you feel focused and ready to accomplish anything and everything you set your mind to. Modafinil gives you the sense that you can do anything you want…while you’re on it. It may not be the pill from the movie ‘Limitless’ but it comes pretty close!
Click on any of the peer-reviewed scientific studies linked to above and read about Modafinil’s effectiveness for yourself.
But Modafinil isn’t some ‘designer’ drug concocted in an underground lab. It’s actually a type of drug known as a ‘eugeroic’ which means it acts as a ‘wakefulness promoting agent’. It was discovered in France in the mid-1970s and initially released there as a treatment for narcolepsy under the brand-name ‘Modiodal’ in 1992.
Modafinil made its way to Italy in June 2000 where it was registered and marketed as ‘Provigil’. Soon, droves of students, entrepreneurs, busy professionals, and even CEOs started taking the drug to help them pull all-nighters and increase their work output.
Provigil quickly surpassed Adderall as the country’s most popular ‘study’ drug, and the Modafinil era had officially begun.
Things haven’t slowed down since then. If anything, Modafinil is even more popular and widely used now than at any point in the past.
You see, there’s a reason why you’re curious about how to buy Modafinil in Italy.
Modafinil Side Effects and Safety
If you had a chance to read any of the peer-review studies we referenced above, you'll see that Modafinil has been extensively researched and found to be extremely safe. Italian doctors have been prescribing Provigil to treat narcolepsy for almost 20 years and consider it to be safe, non-addictive, and well-tolerated by most individuals.
However, we want to be transparent with you: Modafinil does have some documented side effects. It's in your best interest to know about them .
- Dry eyes and mouth.
- Abdominal pain.
The good news is that scientific studies have found that 90 percent of people who take Modafinil experience no side effects whatsoever . And, most of the side effects you see listed above can be mitigated by doing a few simple things.
First, make sure you drink at least two liters of water on any days when you consume Modafinil. This should take care of the dry eyes/mouth and dehydration. Staying fully hydrated will help you avoid experiencing any headaches, too.
Insomnia is a rare side effect but it's manageable if you ensure you ONLY take Modafinil in the early morning. Any dose after 10 am will likely disrupt your body's natural circadian rhythm and cause sleeplessness at night.
Modafinil does have some serious, yet rare, side effects such as abdominal pain, an unexplained increase in blood pressure, and a fast-pounding heartbeat at rest . If you experience any of these side effects, cease using Modafinil and contact a doctor immediately.
One long-term risk of using Modafinil is dependence. After all, Provigil is a prescription drug in Italy for a reason. What you need to know is that this drug causes a spike in the levels of dopamine and histamine in the brain . This is what prevents you from feeling fatigued and helps you to focus for hours on end . It also boosts your mood and increases your short-term memory .
However, if you take too much Modafinil (over 200 mg per day) or take it repeatedly for a long period, there is a risk of developing a dependence.
Our recommendation? Take no more than 200 mg of this drug per day, for three days per week at most. Every two months, give yourself a fortnight break. This will help you keep on reaping the cognitive benefits.
At the end of this guide, we’ll share with you our top pick for a natural nootropic that you can take on your ‘off’ days from Modafinil, so keep reading…
Is Modafinil Legal in Italy?
As you may have guessed, we’re not lawyers of legal scholars so the following section should NOT be misconstrued as legal advice. This is strictly hyperbole.
However, the legal status of Modafinil in Italy is fairly clear: it is officially registered as ‘Provigil’ and is a prescription-only drug.
Italy follows the EU’s Mutual Recognition Procedure for prescription medications and the only approved use for Modafinil in the EU is the treatment of adults with narcolepsy or excessive daytime sleepiness. This means that if you have narcolepsy, you can get a prescription for Provigil. No prescription, no Provigil.
You see, while Modafinil isn’t on the International Narcotics Control Board’s (INCB) list of narcotic substances or its list of psychotropic substances, it does increase dopamine in the brain and carries a low risk of dependence. According to the European Monitoring Center for Drugs and Drug Addiction, the Consolidated Law provides the legal framework for the trade and prohibition of drugs and psychoactive substances in Italy .
As an EU Member State, Italy uses three UN Conventions – 1961, 1971, and 1988 – to classify drugs. Law 79 of 16 May 2014 made a distinction between different drugs and organized them into four schedules; I, II, III, and IV. The most dangerous drugs are in Schedules I and III, while the less hazardous drugs are in Schedules II and IV.
Although no law or official literature from the Italian Medicines Agency specifically mentions Modafinil, the Consolidated Law prohibits any prescription medicine from being sold without a prescription.
Therefore, you’ll need a prescription from an Italian doctor to get Provigil from a pharmacy. In our team’s experience, Italian doctors will not prescribe you Modafinil unless you have been diagnosed with narcolepsy or a related condition that causes excessive daytime sleepiness.
If you are an expat, you would need a letter from a doctor in your home country stating that you had been diagnosed with such a condition. Even if you have a letter, Provigil is very rarely prescribed by Italian doctors, and your chances of finding a doctor who will prescribe you some are slim to none.
If you do not have a prescription, then it is technically illegal to buy Modafinil in Italy – online or from a pharmacy.
Now, that’s not to say that there aren’t other ways of getting your hands on Modafinil while living in Italy…
The most common way?
Buy Modafinil online and have it shipped to your hotel or place of residence.
Is this legal?
Buying Modafinil online falls into somewhat of a legal ‘grey area’. While it is an offense under Italian law to sell Provigil to someone without a prescription, possessing some for personal use is not a crime.
What happens if you buy Modafinil from an online pharmacy and try to have it shipped to your address in Italy?
These days, many online Modafinil pharmacies routinely ship smart drugs to Italy. They offer guaranteed delivery, which means you either get your Modafinil delivered or you get your money back. Vendors simply wouldn’t be offering this guarantee unless their shipments were getting through almost 100% of the time.
The only thing that could happen would be that customs confiscates your package. In that event, you’ll get a free reshipment or a full refund.
Basically, you have no risks. But again, we’re not lawyers and the onus is on you to do due diligence.
Where to Buy Modafinil in Italy | 2021 Guide
Speaking of those top-rated online Modafinil pharmacies that ship to Italy without any issues…
Below you'll find our absolute favorites for Italians and expats living in the country.
After working with dozens of vendors throughout the years, we’ve found these two vendors do a fantastic job, and both offer guaranteed delivery to Italy.
So without further ado, here's where we recommend you buy Modafinil in Italy:
In our experience, Buy Moda is the safest, fastest, and most reliable Modafinil vendor shipping to Italy right now. Our team has made dozens of orders and we’ve never had any issues getting our nootropics delivered. We have absolutely no hesitations about recommending Buy Moda as our top vendor.
To be more specific, here’s what makes them so great:
- Solid Nootropics Selection: Buy Moda has a decent selection of top Modafinil brands including Modalert, Modvigil, Vilafinil, and Modaheal. They even sell a reagent kit for testing Modafinil and Armodafinil and we’ve always found that the batches they ship out are top quality.
- Money-Back Guarantee: Every order you make from Buy Moda is fully guaranteed. If your order is seized or lost, you’ll get one free reshipment. If this second package does arrive, Buy Moda will give you a full refund. Essentially, you have nothing to worry about when you shop here!
- 20% Bitcoin Discount: One of the things that makes Buy Moda so great is that they give you 20% off your entire order when you pay with Bitcoin.
- Great Deals and Bonuses: You can get 10% off by using the discount code – ‘BUYMODA#1’ – at the checkout. Also, when you spend more than $150, you’ll get 30 free pills. Lastly, on your second order and all subsequent orders, you’ll get 20% extra pills as a reward for being a returning customer.
- Outstanding Customer Service: Buy Moda is 100% American owned and operated, so you can expect world-class customer service when you shop here. Their dedicated support specialists will help you on every step of the buying journey and ensure you have nothing less than an outstanding experience.
We’d happily sing Buy Moda’s praises all day, but we’re sure you get the idea. If you’re looking for a trustworthy, reliable, and reasonably-priced Modafinil vendor – look no further.
Get 10% off all Buy Moda products as a Modafinil.com reader.
Just use this code at checkout: BUYMODA#1
While we’re certain you’ll be happy with Buy Moda, we recognize that some of you may want a back-up option, just in case. That’s why we have a second recommendation for you: Modafinil XL.
There’s really very little separating Buy Moda and Modafinil XL. They both offer very similar benefits. But where we feel that Modafinil XL really excels is when it comes to newbies.
To be precise, here’s what you can expect:
- Complimentary Trial Pack: As teleportation does exist yet, Modafinil XL’s free trial pack isn’t 100% free: you still have to stump up $29 for shipping. But this is WELL worth it, especially if you are new to Modafinil and just want to test it first. You get 10 free Modafinil pills to try and you also get to see how safe, discreet, and fast this vendor’s shipping is.
- Fully Loaded Website: Modafinil XL has a highly informative website that’s loaded with tons of information about nootropics, dosages, and cycles. We highly recommend that you check it out. It’s great if you’re new to nootropics and want to make the most informed buying decisions.
- VAST Selection of Products: Modafinil XL offers five amazing Modafinil products including a unique sublingual brand called ‘Indian MD’. This is absorbed through the mouth which makes it much faster-acting.
- Orders over $80 Ship FREE: One of the best perks of this vendor is that you only have to spend $80 to get free shipping. Spending more than $150 gets you complimentary EXPRESS shipping. Packages tend to arrive in Italy in under 10 working days.
Overall, Modafinil XL is a great vendor for Modafinil newbies. Their free trial offer is simply unbeatable and well worth trying if you just want to test this smart drug for yourself.
We’ve had nothing but positive experiences with this vendor and are sure you’ll love them too!
Get 10% off all ModafinilXL products as a Modafinil.com reader.
Just use this code at checkout: ENJOY10OFF
‘Brand Name' Modafinil and Armodafinil in Italy
If this is your first time reading about Modafinil, you may have found all the talk about different Modafinil brands confusing. Modafinil, Provigil, Modalert: what’s the difference?
Well, in this section we’ll break things down for you and explain all the different brands of Modafinil in Italy.
First, let's look at the two main types of nootropics:
Armodafinil is a newer, improved version of Modafinil that was developed and released in the early 2000s. To use a scientific term, Modafinil and Armodafinil are “enantiopure compounds”: they are essentially mirror images of each other. The only difference is that Armodafinil has a longer half-life.
This means that you need less Armodafinil to get the same ‘wakefulness’ effect as Modafinil. That’s why Armodafinil pills come in 150 mg doses and Modafinil pills are 200 mg each.
Our team has tried both drugs and found that while Modafinil offers a slightly more intense experience, both nootropics get the job done from a cognitive enhancing perspective.
If you get a prescription for Modafinil or Armodafinil in Italy, you’ll find that pharmacies stock the following brand-name products:
- Provigil (brand-name Modafinil).
- Nuvigil (brand-name Armodafinil).
However, if you don’t have a prescription and decide to shop online. You won’t find Provigil or Nuvigil for sale. Instead, you’ll find the following generic brands:
So, what’s the difference between brand-name products and these generic brands?
In our experience: nothing except the price. We’ve had prescriptions for Provigil and Nuvigil in the past and can confirm that generics work exactly the same. They contain the same active ingredients at the same strength and produce the same effects. The only discernible difference is that brand-name products cost 10x more than generics.
However, most people find they prefer one product over another after testing out a few of them. That’s perfectly normal.
While we’re confident that you won’t have any issues buying Modafinil from any of the vendors on my list, we recognize that many people want other options.
Modafinil is a prescription-only medicine in Italy, and some people don’t want to take the risk of ordering it online. We understand, which is why we have a recommendation for a 100% legal alternative.
We believe this is the best legal alternative to Modafinil you're going to find out there. Even if you do take Modafinil, this nootropic is great for taking on your days off when you still want a cognitive boost:
Mind Lab Pro
Mind Lab Pro is a comprehensive, all-in-one nootropic. It’s completely natural so doesn't pack the same punch as Modafinil, but it gives you a wider array of benefits and is completely side-effect free. Being certified drug-free, it’s safe to take all year round. This makes it a perfect alternative to Modafinil, and ideal for your ‘off’ days when you still want to up your work output.
Some of Mind Lab Pro’s many benefits include memory retention, neuroprotective effects, improved mood, and even relaxation – as it helps generate alpha brain waves for calm focus.
It contains 11 research-backed natural nootropics including:
- Bacopa Monnieri: One of the best and most widely-researched nootropics on the planet. It has been scientifically proven to act as a potent neuroprotectant and give a Modafinil-like boost to mood and short-term memory .
- Lion's Mane Mushroom: This natural mushroom extract will set your mind on fire and dramatically improve your productivity. Numerous research studies have found that this nootropic also offers neuroprotection, helping your neurons fire more efficiently .
- Citicoline: This natural nootropic works in synergy with the other ingredients to boost their effectiveness .
Together, these nootropics give you over six hours of ‘tunnel-vision’ focus and enhanced concentration, similar to Modafinil. Yes, this is far less than you from the real thing, but still highly impressive for a natural product.
We don’t recommend taking Modafinil more than two or three times per week, so Mind Lab Pro is a nice alternative to take on the other days. That’s how we suggest you use it.
Highly, highly recommended!
Mind Lab Pro!
Modafinil in Italy | The Verdict?
That’s pretty much everything you’d need to know about how to buy Modafinil in Italy.
From legalities to practical issues, we’ve covered it all in this entertaining guide. We’ve shown you the two best places to order high-quality generic Modafinil these days, and even shown you our go-to natural alternative.
Best of luck!
- Pigeau R, Naitoh P, Buguet A, McCann C, Baranski J, Taylor M, Thompson M, MacK I I. Modafinil, d-amphetamine and placebo during 64 hours of sustained mental work. I. Effects on mood, fatigue, cognitive performance and body temperature. J Sleep Res. 1995 Dec;4(4):212-228. doi: 10.1111/j.1365-2869.1995.tb00172.x. PMID: 10607161.
- Young JW. Dopamine D1 and D2 receptor family contributions to modafinil-induced wakefulness. J Neurosci. 2009;29(9):2663–2665. doi:10.1523/JNEUROSCI.5843-08.2009
- Müller, U., Rowe, J. B., Rittman, T., Lewis, C., Robbins, T. W., & Sahakian, B. J. (2013, January). Effects of modafinil on non-verbal cognition, task enjoyment and creative thinking in healthy volunteers. Retrieved from https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3485563/
- A Safe Drug to Boost Brainpower. (2016, March 1). Retrieved from https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/a-safe-drug-to-boost-brainpower/
- Modafinil (Rx). (n.d.). Retrieved from https://reference.medscape.com/drug/provigil-modafinil-343000
- Greenblatt K, Adams N. Modafinil. 2020 Sep 11. In: StatPearls [Internet]. Treasure Island (FL): StatPearls Publishing; 2020 Jan–. PMID: 30285371.
- Modafinil Side Effects. (n.d.). Retrieved from https://www.goodrx.com/modafinil/side-effects
- Brown RE, Stevens DR, Haas HL. The physiology of brain histamine. Prog Neurobiol. 2001;63(6):637-672. doi:10.1016/s0301-0082(00)00039-3
- Zolkowska D, Jain R, Rothman RB, Partilla JS, Roth BL, Setola V, Prisinzano TE, Baumann MH. Evidence for the involvement of dopamine transporters in behavioral stimulant effects of modafinil. J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 2009 May;329(2):738-46. doi: 10.1124/jpet.108.146142. Epub 2009 Feb 5. PMID: 19197004; PMCID: PMC2672878.
- Minzenberg MJ, Carter CS. Modafinil: a review of neurochemical actions and effects on cognition. Neuropsychopharmacology. 2008 Jun;33(7):1477-502. doi: 10.1038/sj.npp.1301534. Epub 2007 Aug 22. PMID: 17712350.
- European Monitoring Centre for Drugs and Drug Addiction (n.d.). Retrieved from http://www.emcdda.europa.eu/emcdda-home-page_en
- Aguiar S, Borowski T. Neuropharmacological review of the nootropic herb Bacopa monnieri. Rejuvenation Res. 2013 Aug;16(4):313-26. doi: 10.1089/rej.2013.1431. PMID: 23772955; PMCID: PMC3746283.
- Rossi P, Cesaroni V, Brandalise F, Occhinegro A, Ratto D, Perrucci F, Lanaia V, Girometta C, Orrù G, Savino E. Dietary Supplementation of Lion's Mane Medicinal Mushroom, Hericium erinaceus (Agaricomycetes), and Spatial Memory in Wild-Type Mice. Int J Med Mushrooms. 2018;20(5):485-494. doi: 10.1615/IntJMedMushrooms.2018026241. PMID: 29953363.
- Grieb P. Neuroprotective properties of citicoline: facts, doubts and unresolved issues. CNS Drugs. 2014;28(3):185-193. doi:10.1007/s40263-014-0144-8