Want to learn exactly how to buy Modafinil in Latvia? Then you're in luck today.
Because in this in-depth guide, we’ll break down exactly how to order this powerful nootropic online in Latvia. We’ll explain all the legalities, shipping info, prices, and much, much more. Everything you MUST know about this smart drug in Latvia can be found below.
For those who are looking to order Modafinil… simply click the link below and you'll be taken to our favorite online vendor for individuals living in Latvia.
Modafinil Side Effects and Safety
Modafinil is one of the most thoroughly-tested smart drugs in the world. Numerous scientific studies have shown that it is a safe and well-tolerated drug. Modafinil’s side effects are generally well understood and it is widely considered to be a low-risk drug.
To understand more Modafinil’s side effects, however, it’s important to know a little about its mechanism of action . Modafinil is a type of drug known as a ‘eugeroic’, which simply means that it promotes wakefulness. It does this by causing levels of histamine to rise dramatically in the brain . This extra histamine suppresses any feelings of fatigue and makes it virtually impossible to feel sleepy or tired.
Modafinil also blocks the reuptake of dopamine, which causes levels of this important neurotransmitter to rise . This excess dopamine is responsible for many of Modafinil’s research-backed cognitive benefits , such as:
- ‘Laser-like’ focus .
- Improved short-term recall .
- Increased productivity.
- Enhanced executive functioning .
However, just like any other drug that increases dopamine, Modafinil does have some documented safety concerns. It is a prescription-only drug in most countries because it has a low risk of dependence.
The recommended dose is 200mg per day, for a maximum of 2-3 times per week. If you consistently take more than this for several weeks at a time, dependence could become an issue. Fortunately, cases of Modafinil dependence are extremely rare and involve people taking huge doses, but you still need to be aware of the risk .
At doses of 100-200mg per day, Modafinil produces relatively few side effects. One study looked at what happened when people without narcolepsy were given Modafinil and found that the most common side effects were :
- An upset stomach.
- Difficulty sleeping at night and/or insomnia.
- Nervousness and/or anxiety.
The good news? Only a fraction of the participants in the study experienced any side effects whatsoever, and those that did found that they were temporary and mild.
In short, Modafinil is a very safe and effective drug.
One very rare yet serious side effect that caught our attention was tachycardia – a heart rhythm disorder where your heart beats more than 100 beats per minute (BPM) WITHOUT vigorous exercise .
Yes, you read that right – tachycardia is what you're going through when your resting heart rate exceeds 100 BPM.
It has multiple causes, and Modafinil – in VERY few instances – may be a contributing cause.
This goes without saying, but please stop using Modafinil and see a medical professional immediately if you think you may be experiencing any of the side effects listed above. Remember, we aren’t medical professionals and this isn’t medical advice.
Is Modafinil Legal in Latvia?
Now, we’re not lawyers or legal scholars so the following section should NOT be misconstrued as legal advice.
The law regarding Modafinil in Latvia is fairly straightforward. It is illegal to buy or possess Modafinil unless you have a prescription for it.
That’s because Latvia, as an EU member country, has to follow EU directives (specifically Article 71 of the Directive 2001/83) about how Modafinil is classified and scheduled . Modafinil’s only approved use in Latvia is to treat adults suffering from narcolepsy, a condition that causes extreme daytime drowsiness.
But here’s the thing…
Modafinil isn’t a narcotic. You won’t find it on the International Narcotics Control Board’s (INCB) list of narcotic or psychotropic substances. In reality, Latvian law enforcement simply doesn’t pay much attention to ‘off prescription’ Modafinil use. It has bigger fish to fry and lacks the resources to tackle the issue of people buying smart drugs for personal use.
Likewise, Latvian customs doesn’t screen mail for Modafinil shipments and have far bigger concerns than screening mail for nootropics. To date, we’ve never heard or read about anyone getting so much as a misdemeanor fine for buying Modafinil without a prescription in Latvia. You won't get busted for using this smart drug. It's not a thing.
We’d surmise that the worst thing that may happen when you buy Modafinil online is that customs confiscate your package, or it is lost in the mail. But this shouldn’t give you any cause for concern.
Because both of our recommended vendors offer guaranteed delivery to Latvia. Either you get your Modafinil or you get a free reshipment or full refund if your shipment doesn’t arrive. This essentially means that the vendors carry all of the risks associated with a package getting seized. We'll explain more in the next section.
Where to Buy Modafinil Online in Latvia | Your 2021 Guide
Alright, enough with the lead-up content — let's answer the main question at hand:
How do you buy Modafinil online while living in Latvia?
The answer is fairly simple.
Below you'll find two of our most trusted Modafinil vendors that ship to Latvia with guaranteed delivery.
Here they are:
If you’re looking to buy Modafinil for the best prices in Latvia, our top recommendation is Buy Moda. These guys are the oldest and most trusted nootropics vendor in the world and we promise you’ll be just as delighted with their service as we have been.
Here’s specifically what we love about Buy Moda:
- Guaranteed Delivery: As we explained above, Buy Moda offers guaranteed delivery to Latvia. This means that if your Modafinil shipment doesn’t arrive, you can request a free reship. If the second order doesn’t turn up, you’ll get a FULL refund. No questions asked.
- Fast, FREE Delivery: Buy Moda’s shipping is VERY fast – you won’t have to wait long to receive your order. Plus, when you order more than $100 worth of products, your order will qualify for FREE shipping.
- Low Prices: Buy Moda has some of the cheapest Modafinil prices around. Let’s say you want 100 Modafinil tablets – that’s just $169 (with free shipping as it’s over $100). Well, Buy Moda will also throw in 30 FREE pills as you’re spending more than $150. This drives the cost-per-pill even lower, making their economical prices even more attractive!
- Incredible Discounts: Besides free shipping on orders over $100 and 30 free pills on orders over $150, Buy Moda also has a 10%-off coupon code – ‘BUYMODA#1’ – that you can use before you check out. Oh, and you can get an EXTRA 20% off by paying with Bitcoin!
- Discreet Packaging: Buy Moda has been at the top of their game for years and knows EXACTLY how to get nootropics shipments to fly through customs. They ship small amounts in plain, discreet packaging so rest assured that no-one will know about your Modafinil habit – even if you live with parents or housemates!
Once you add up all the discounts – the free shipping, 10%-off coupon, 20% Bitcoin discount, and 30 extra pills – you’ll find that 150 Modafinil tablets can be had for as little as $121 when you shop at Buy Moda.
This is great, great value and we highly recommend this vendor!
Get 15% off all Buy Moda products as a Modafinil.com reader.
Just use this code at checkout: BUYMODA#1
For those who like to have a choice, we also recommend Modafinil XL. They do many things just as well as Buy Moda and have a few unique things that sets them apart.
Specifically, this is what we like about Modafinil XL:
- Guaranteed Delivery: Modafinil XL offers free reships and refunds as necessary. Basically, they take all the risks so you don’t have to worry about a thing.
- 20% Bitcoin Discount: You’ll get 20% off when you pay with Bitcoin or crypto. A nice little way to save!
- Massive Range of Products: Here, you’ll find no less than FIVE Modafinil products. They are Modalert, Modvigil, Modafresh, Modaheal, and Indian MD, a sublingual product that’s much faster-acting. You will be able to find something here that suits you!
- Fab Freebies: Modafinil XL includes 10 Modafinil pills and 10 Armodafinil pills (a newer version of Modafinil) with EVERY order.
- Nice Coupons: Just like Buy Moda, Modafinil XL also has a 10%-off discount coupon – simply use the code ‘ENJOY10OFF’ before you check out. The only difference is that you can’t use this with the Bitcoin discount.
- FREE Shipping on Orders over $80: You’ll get free shipping once the total value of your order exceeds $80. You’ll get Express shipping if you spend more than $150.
Overall, Modafinil XL is an awesome vendor and we highly recommend them. If you’re ready to try them for yourself, we suggest you order a free trial pack. When you cover the $29 shipping fee, they’ll send you 10 Free Modafinil pills. Try them all and see how you get on!
Get 10% off all ModafinilXL products as a Modafinil.com reader.
Just use this code at checkout: ENJOY10OFF
‘Brand Name' Modafinil and Armodafinil in Latvia
Modafinil is Modafinil regardless of whether it’s a brand name product like ‘Modiodal’, or a generic brand like Modalert, Modvigil, or Modafresh. Generic products work exactly the same as brand name ones, the only difference is that generics are significantly cheaper.
But there's a slight difference between Modafinil and Armodafinil.
Allow us to explain…
Armodafinil is a purified version of Modafinil that eliminates one of the steps Modafinil has to undergo before it can enter the bloodstream and make it to your brain. This makes it sound like Armodafinil should be more powerful, but it's actually not, and here's why:
Armodafinil was created to help the user ingest less of the active ingredient and still experience the same effect as Modafinil. So you’ll notice that Armodafinil pills are 150mg whereas Modafinil pills are 200mg.
In our team’s experience, Modafinil produces a slightly more intense experience than Armodafinil. But make no mistake; these substances are mirror images of each other and both of them get the job done from a cognitive enhancement standpoint.
As for the difference between different generic brands? There's not much a difference to speak of — outside of the fact that they are produced by different manufacturers.
The two most common Modafinil products that you’ll find online are:
While the two most common Armodafinil products are:
There’s no difference between these brands – they contain identical ingredients and have the same cognitive benefits. However, after trying a few of them, most people find that they develop a preference for one brand over the other.
We suggest that you order a sample pack from one of our recommended vendors above and see which one you get on better with.
If you’re looking for a powerful nootropic, Modafinil is the undisputed king of the hill. The level of performance, focus, and endurance you get from Modafinil mean that it is without equal. Quite simply, no other nootropic comes close.
But, as we explained above, it’s not an everyday drug. You can only really take it two or three times per week – maximum. Any more than that and you risk developing a dependence and needing increasingly higher dosages to get the same benefits.
That’s less than ideal, so it’s best to rotate, or ‘cycle’, Modafinil with another nootropic, such as one that has zero risks of dependence and no side effects.
So what's the best over the counter Modafinil alternative?
Well, there's one we've come to love…
Mind Lab Pro
Mind Lab Pro is about as comprehensive of a nootropic as you'll find. It includes 11 different natural nootropic ingredients that each target a specific area of cognition.
For example, you get L-Theanine, which offers high levels of neuroprotection. You also get Bacopa monnieri, one of the most powerful natural nootropics in the world . Also, you get Lion's Mane Mushroom, a proven memory-booster that’s been used in Chinese medicine for thousands of years .
Together these ingredients work in synergy to offer all-round brain protection and optimization. It gives you a Modafinil-life effect with none of the drawbacks or side effects. Mind Lab Pro is safe enough to take year-round and is especially helpful on days where you aren’t taking Modafinil yet still want to get some serious work done. That’s how we use it, and that’s how we suggest you use it too.
The only downside?
Mind Lab Pro *only* lasts for 6-8 hours, far less than Modafinil. But that’s seriously impressive as far as we’re concerned. You can get two days’ worth of work done in one day when you take this nootropic.
Highly, highly recommended!
Mind Lab Pro!
The Verdict? | Latvia Edition
That's a wrap!
Everything you need to know about how to buy Modafinil in Latvia. We tried to cover anything and everything related to the topic at hand in this definitive guide.
You now know the side effects and safety issues surrounding this smart drug, and where to buy it at the best prices. We’ve shown you the best dosages and even introduced you to a powerful Modafinil-alternative that’s side-effect free.
- Gerrard P, Malcolm R. Mechanisms of modafinil: A review of current research. Neuropsychiatr Dis Treat. 2007;3(3):349–364.
- Brown RE, Stevens DR, Haas HL. The physiology of brain histamine. Prog Neurobiol. 2001;63(6):637-672. doi:10.1016/s0301-0082(00)00039-3
- Zolkowska D, Jain R, Rothman RB, Partilla JS, Roth BL, Setola V, Prisinzano TE, Baumann MH. Evidence for the involvement of dopamine transporters in behavioral stimulant effects of modafinil. J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 2009 May;329(2):738-46. doi: 10.1124/jpet.108.146142. Epub 2009 Feb 5. PMID: 19197004; PMCID: PMC2672878.
- Minzenberg MJ, Carter CS. Modafinil: a review of neurochemical actions and effects on cognition. Neuropsychopharmacology. 2008 Jun;33(7):1477-502. doi: 10.1038/sj.npp.1301534. Epub 2007 Aug 22. PMID: 17712350.
- Young JW. Dopamine D1 and D2 receptor family contributions to modafinil-induced wakefulness. J Neurosci. 2009;29(9):2663–2665. doi:10.1523/JNEUROSCI.5843-08.2009
- Müller, U., Rowe, J. B., Rittman, T., Lewis, C., Robbins, T. W., & Sahakian, B. J. (2013, January). Effects of modafinil on non-verbal cognition, task enjoyment and creative thinking in healthy volunteers. Retrieved from https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3485563/
- Pigeau R, Naitoh P, Buguet A, McCann C, Baranski J, Taylor M, Thompson M, MacK I I. Modafinil, d-amphetamine and placebo during 64 hours of sustained mental work. I. Effects on mood, fatigue, cognitive performance and body temperature. J Sleep Res. 1995 Dec;4(4):212-228. doi: 10.1111/j.1365-2869.1995.tb00172.x. PMID: 10607161.
- Krishnan R, Chary KV. A rare case modafinil dependence. J Pharmacol Pharmacother. 2015;6(1):49-50. doi:10.4103/0976-500X.149149
- Lopes E, Pereira D, da Silva Behrens NS, de Almeida Fonseca H, Calvancanti PO, de Araújo Lima TF, Pradella-Hallinan M, Castro J, Tufik S, Coelho FM. Cataplexy as a side effect of modafinil in a patient without narcolepsy. Sleep Sci. 2014 Mar;7(1):47-9. doi: 10.1016/j.slsci.2014.07.015. Epub 2014 Aug 19. PMID: 26483900; PMCID: PMC4521649.
- Estrada A, Kelley AM, Webb CM, Athy JR, Crowley JS. Modafinil as a replacement for dextroamphetamine for sustaining alertness in military helicopter pilots. Aviat Space Environ Med. 2012;83(6):556-64.
- Ooi T, Wong SH, See B. Modafinil as a Stimulant for Military Aviators. Aerosp Med Hum Perform. 2019;90(5):480-483. doi:10.3357/AMHP.5298.2019
- What is Modafinil? (n.d.). Retrieved from https://www.patientslikeme.com/treatment/876-modafinil-side-effects-and-efficacy
- Pharmacists' Society of Latvia. (2019, January 29). Retrieved from http://www.eahp.eu/members/latvia
- Kongkeaw C, Dilokthornsakul P, Thanarangsarit P, Limpeanchob N, Norman Scholfield C. Meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials on cognitive effects of Bacopa monnieri extract. J Ethnopharmacol. 2014;151(1):528-535. doi:10.1016/j.jep.2013.11.008
- Mori K, Inatomi S, Ouchi K, Azumi Y, Tuchida T. Improving effects of the mushroom Yamabushitake (Hericium erinaceus) on mild cognitive impairment: a double-blind placebo-controlled clinical trial. Phytother Res. 2009;23(3):367-372. doi:10.1002/ptr.2634