Curious about how to buy Modafinil in Luxembourg these days?
Then you're in luck because this in-depth guide will explain everything you could possibly want to know about buying Modafinil in the wonderful grand duchy of Luxembourg.
Fortunately, it's not too difficult these days.
When it comes to Luxembourg, many high-quality online Modafinil vendors are ready to serve you, and this guide will help resolve any lingering questions — including legalities, safety, and prescriptions.
If you'd like to get straight to buying Modafinil, then feel free to click the link above.
It'll take you right to the single best Modafinil vendor that serves Luxembourg.
What Is Modafinil?
You probably already have a fair idea about what Modafinil is, but just in case…
What is Modafinil?
Well, let's take a look at the world's most popular nootropic and figure out why people love this drug so much.
Modafinil was originally developed in France during the 1970s as a treatment for narcolepsy, a condition that causes extreme daytime drowsiness. It was initially released in France as ‘Modiodal’ in 1992 and was authorized for use in Luxembourg as ‘Provigil’ in June 2000.
As Luxemburg is in the European Union (EU), it follows the EU’s Mutual Recognition Procedure for prescription medicines. Modafinil’s primary clinical use here is to treat adults with narcolepsy or “excessive daytime sleepiness” .
However, Modafinil can also be prescribed ‘off label’ to treat a variety of sleep-related and psychiatric disorders and conditions such as:
- Obstructive Sleep Apnea.
- Shift Work Sleep Disorder (SWSD) .
- Attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) .
- Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD).
Modafinil also has an adjunct, therapeutic role in treating other conditions such as helping alleviate side effects related to amphetamine and cocaine withdrawal .
But this likely doesn’t explain why you’re interested in Modafinil…
You’ve probably heard of it as a ‘smart’ drug, ‘study’ drug, or ‘nootropic’. That’s because thousands of students, entrepreneurs, hustlers, and even CEOs around the world routinely use Modafinil ‘off prescription’ to boost their mental performance.
Modafinil may well be the world’s best narcolepsy drug, but when it’s taken by healthy individuals, it offers a number of research-backed cognitive benefits. These include:
- 12+ hours of high-level focus .
- Insane motivation and drive .
- Enhanced attention to detail.
- Lack of mental/physical fatigue.
- Greater memory retention .
When you look at these incredible benefits, it’s easy to see why Modafinil is often referred to as the “Limitless” pill in reference to the 2011 sci-fi movie that depicted a fictional nootropic – NZT-48. Is this a bit of an exaggeration? Yes, it is. Modafinil won’t give you the ability to master a language in an afternoon or become a concert pianist in your spare time. No pill makes you a machine of productivity, bravery, and intelligence.
However, the comparison is more than understandable. Modafinil is the closest thing we have to a real-life version of NZT-48. The similarities are almost uncanny. Modafinil offers over 12 hours of almost superhuman focus and dramatically enhances memory and productivity.
That’s exactly why this drug has taken off in recent years. Modafinil is the premier smart drug on the market because it offers unbeatable cognitive benefits.
Modafinil Side Effects and Safety
But before you start popping Modafinil pills like candy – and potentially end up like Edward Morra at his lowest point in Limitless – you ought to know about this drug’s potential side effects.
Don't get us wrong. Modafinil has one of the best side effect profiles you will ever find in a smart drug. Many of its side effects are mild in severity and rare in occurrence. Most people reading this won’t have anything to worry about.
However, we want to do my due diligence and be fully transparent about Modafinil's documented side effects . These include:
- Loss of appetite.
- Abdominal pain.
- Sore or dry throat.
If you're taking a normal dosage of 100-200 mg of Modafinil per day, we don't believe you need to worry about experiencing any of the above. You can mitigate most of them by staying well hydrated during the day and taking your dose early (before 10 am) so that it doesn’t interfere with your regular sleep schedule.
However, there are some more serious – yet extremely rare – side effects that can occur, such as increased blood pressure, rashes, and an irregular heartbeat . If you experience any of these, stop using Modafinil immediately, and seek medical care.
Another rare side effect is dependence. Modafinil is a prescription drug in most countries including Luxembourg because it increases levels of histamine and dopamine in the brain. This histamine creates a sense of superhuman focus , while dopamine is what gives Modafinil most of its cognitive benefits such as improved mood  and better memory . As with any drug that increases dopamine, there is a risk of becoming dependent on the drug.
Luckily, cases of Modafinil dependence are extremely rare. One of the few documented cases involved a person taking 1,200 mg of the drug per day , which is far above the recommended dosage.
Because of this, you should also avoid going above 200 mg per day of Modafinil. There are no additional cognitive benefits from going above 200 mg and doing so increases your chances of experiencing one of the side effects listed above. We also suggest that you limit your intake to no more than three days per week.
In any case, it never hurts to see a doctor if you have any questions or concerns. Modafinil should never be used at the expense of your health.
Is Modafinil Legal in Luxembourg?
We’re not lawyers or legal professionals so the following section should not be misconstrued as legal advice. However, Modafinil’s legal status in Luxembourg is a bit of a “grey area” to be completely honest.
The truth is that Modafinil is a prescription medicine in Luxembourg. The reason for this is that Luxembourg, as a member of the EU, falls under the jurisdiction of the European Medicines Agency . They decided many years ago that Modafinil can only be sold by a pharmacy to individuals with a valid prescription from a doctor .
To get a prescription for Modafinil, you would first need to be diagnosed with narcolepsy or a condition that causes excessive daytime sleepiness. If you don’t have a prescription, you cannot legally buy or possess the drug and pharmacies will not sell it to you.
However, this is where things get interesting…
You see, while it is an offense in Luxembourg to sell Modafinil to someone who doesn’t have a valid prescription, there are no laws against possessing Modafinil for personal use.
That’s why both of our recommended vendors are able to offer guaranteed delivery. As long as you limit your orders to less than 100 pills, you’re safe.
Ordering several hundred pills at a time may land you in legal trouble if the authorities determine that you are intent on distributing the drug. But as long as you’re just ordering a small amount for yourself, you should be fine.
Here’s the deal…
It's far easier to buy Modafinil online in Luxembourg than to beg a doctor for a prescription. Plus, you don’t have to worry. We’ve never heard of anybody getting thrown in jail for buying a few Modafinil pills online. Customs agents throughout the EU have far more pressing priorities than prescription drugs. The worst thing that may happen would be that your order gets confiscated, in which case the vendor will give you a free reship or full refund.
How to Get a Modafinil Prescription in Luxembourg
The only way to get a prescription for Modafinil in Luxembourg is to be diagnosed with narcolepsy or a sleep-related disorder that causes excessive daytime sleepiness. That’s just the way it goes.
You can try to convince a doctor that you suffer from something like sleep apnea, or Shift Work Sleep Disorder but we don’t recommend it. You’ll be referred to a sleep specialist who will ask you to complete an overnight sleep study. And then the truth will come out. In other words, it’s just a waste of time.
In some rare cases, a doctor may prescribe Modafinil if you have excessive fatigue in general or if you’re withdrawing from something like amphetamines or cocaine. We hope that doesn’t apply to you. That’s the bad news.
Here’s the good news…
If you don’t have a prescription, you can go online and buy generic Modafinil that’s just as good as brand name Modafinil, i.e. ‘Provigil’. Generic drugs work exactly the same as their brand name counterparts and offer all the same cognitive benefits.
The only difference?
The price. Generic Modafinil costs a fraction of the cost of Provigil, yet has all the same great benefits.
And you won't have to waste time finding a doctor who will write you a prescription!
Where to Buy Modafinil Online in Luxembourg | 2022 Guide
We have a hunch that many of you probably skipped right to this section. We understand.
In this section, we’ll detail the two absolute best online Modafinil vendors that ship quality Modafinil to Luxembourg right NOW.
We’ve tested both of these vendors and confirm that they are legit and provide absolutely great value to buyers.
Our top recommended vendor for those living in Luxembourg is Buy Moda. These guys are the oldest and most established Modafinil vendors in the world and have a stellar reputation for shipping high-quality nootropics worldwide.
Here are some of the things we think they do tremendously well:
- Rock Bottom Prices: You’ll save a fortune when you shop here. Buy Moda offers some of the lowest prices in the industry. They even have a code – ‘BUYMODA#1’ – that you can use to get 10% off your entire order.
- A+ Customer Service: Buy Moda is 100% American owned and operated. All of these support specialists are American and provide an unparalleled level of customer service. Any question or query you may have will be answered promptly.
- Huge Bitcoin and Bulk-Buy Discounts: In addition to its money-off coupon, Buy Moda will give you a further 20% off when you pay with Bitcoin. As if that wasn’t enough, they’ll even throw in 30 free pills when you order over $150.
- Fast Shipping: Buy Moda ships to Luxembourg FAST! You won’t be left waiting long. 10 working days is fairly impressive. What’s more, shipping is free when you spend over $100.
- Solid Choice of Products: Buy Moda stocks the top generic Modafinil brands including Modalert and Modvigil. These offer all the same great benefits as Provigil for a fraction of the cost.
- GUARANTEED Delivery: In the rare event that your order doesn’t arrive, Buy Moda will reship your order absolutely free. If the second shipment fails to get through, they’ll give you a full refund. You can’t get fairer than that!
As you can see, Buy Moda is one of the cheapest, more reliable, and trustworthy Modafinil vendors you could possibly ask for. They take all the risk and aim to deliver legit nootropics to Luxembourg hassle-free.
Get 15% off all Buy Moda products as a Modafinil.com reader.
Just use this code at checkout: BUYMODA#1
The second vendor we recommend for people living in Luxembourg is Modafinil XL. Our team has made numerous orders from this vendor and we’ve never been anything less than delighted. We’re sure you will be too!
Here are some of the things we love about this vendor:
- Guaranteed Delivery: Modafinil XL offers free reshipment and refunds as required. This means there’s virtually no risk when you place your order. Either you get your Modafinil or you get a full refund.
- Industry-Leading Website: Modafinil XL’s website is the best in the business. No doubt about it. It’s packed full of informative articles that will help you make an informed choice about which nootropics to buy. If you’re new to nootropics, you’ll definitely want to check it out!
- FAST Shipping: As Modafinil XL offers shipping from within Europe, you can expect your order to arrive VERY quickly. Best of all, shipping fees are waived if you spend over $80 while orders above $150 qualify for free Express shipping.
- Superb Discounts: When you order from this vendor, you’ll get 20 free pills EVERY TIME! This giveaway essentially gives you a big discount on the cost per pill. They also have a 10% discount code – ‘ENJOY10OFF’ – and a 20% bitcoin discount, however, these two offers can’t be used together.
- Great Selection of Products: Modafinil XL offers a total of FIVE different Modafinil brands: Modalert, Modvigil, Modafresh, Modaheal, and a sublingual brand called Indian MD. You’re guaranteed to find something that suits you when you shop here!
As you can tell, we’re huge fans of Modafinil XL! We could harp on all day about how fantastic they are, but don’t just take our word for it.
To date, they’ve served almost 700,000 customers and they have many positive reviews on sites like Trustpilot. If you want to check them out for yourself, simply order a FREE trial pack. If you cover the $29 shipping fee, they’ll send you 10 Modafinil pills or 10 Armodafinil pills to sample.
Try them and see!
Get 10% off all ModafinilXL products as a Modafinil.com reader.
Just use this code at checkout: ENJOY10OFF
‘Brand Name' Modafinil and Armodafinil in Luxembourg
All ‘brand name' Modafinil products are produced by a handful of pharmaceutical giants. This means that you can just about always count on finding the same few widely distributed name brands no matter which pharmacy you go to.
If you get a Modafinil prescription in Luxembourg and go to a pharmacy, the product you’ll find is called ‘Provigil’. This is the registered product name for Modafinil in the country. You may also find ‘Nuvigil’, which is the brand name for Armodafinil, a newer version of Modafinil.
However, if you don’t have a prescription and decide to shop online, you won’t find Provigil or Nuvigil for sale. That’s because online vendors stock generic products. These typically include:
Now, you may believe that you need to buy brand name products to get the ‘real’ Modafinil experience. But this just isn’t true.
Generic products contain exactly the same ingredients as brand name products. Simply put, they are identical.
The only significant difference is the price: Provigil from a Luxembourg pharmacy costs ten times more than generic brands. That’s it.
Members of our team have had scripts for Provigil in the past and we can confirm that there is no difference between Provigil and generic Modafinil brands like Modalert or Modvigil. All three products offer identical cognitive benefits!
However, you may notice a difference between these nootropics and the generic Armodafinil products, Waklert and Artvigil. That’s because while Modafinil and Armodafinil are like mirror images of each other, everyone responds to medicines slightly differently. Most people find that they get along better with one over the other.
If you're new to nootropics, we have a suggestion:
You won’t have any problems legally importing Modafinil into Luxembourg. The worst thing that may happen is that your package is seized by customs.
But this is virtually unheard of, especially if you order from one of our recommended vendors above. And, in this event, you can simply request a free reship or refund.
However, there’s still a good reason to try an alternative to Modafinil: your health.
As we mentioned earlier, Modafinil should only be used 2-3 times per week. That’s why the smart thing to do is to use an alternative nootropic on days when you aren’t taking Modafinil yet still want to crush your workload.
We have one particular nootropic that we absolutely love in this situation:
Mind Lab Pro
Mind Lab Pro is a nootropic we’ve found recently, but it’s grown on us. Why?
Well, Mind Lab Pro is, without a doubt, the most versatile natural nootropic we’ve ever tried. The cognitive benefits from this over-the-counter nootropic far surpass anything else on the market — except Modafinil and Armodafinil.
Mind Lab Pro doesn’t contain a mysterious “proprietary blend” or anything of that nature. It features 11-brain boosting ingredients, all of which are backed by scientific research supporting their effectiveness as nootropics.
- Lion's Mane Mushroom: A potent extract with proven neuroprotective properties .
- Citicoline: A well-researched memory-boosting nootropic .
- Bacopa Monnieri: A plant extract that is widely considered to be the most powerful natural nootropic on the planet. Double-blind placebo-controlled trials have shown that Bacopa has a strong impact on memory and motivation .
These three ingredients work in synergy with each other (and the other eight) to provide a strong cognitive effect. Mind Lab Pro offers a solid 6-8 hours of intense focus, improved mood, faster short-term recall, and buckets of creativity. While it can’t match the 12+ hours you get from Modafinil, it’s still highly impressive considering it is side-effect free.
There’s a reason why Mind Lab Pro has become our favorite Modafinil alternative.
Mind Lab Pro!
Modafinil in Luxembourg | The Verdict
We’ve covered just about everything there is to know about getting your hands on the “Limitless” drug while living in one of the finest countries on planet earth, Luxembourg.
You now know what Modafinil is, its legal status in this country, and the best places to order some. You also know our top pick for an alternative nootropic that can substitute for Modafinil year-round.
- Gerrard P, Malcolm R. Mechanisms of modafinil: A review of current research. Neuropsychiatr Dis Treat. 2007;3(3):349–364.
- Ballon JS, Feifel D. A systematic review of modafinil: Potential clinical uses and mechanisms of action. J Clin Psychiatry. 2006;67(4):554-66.
- Biederman J, Swanson JM, Wigal SB, Boellner SW, Earl CQ, Lopez FA; Modafinil ADHD Study Group. A comparison of once-daily and divided doses of modafinil in children with attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder: a randomized, double-blind, and placebo-controlled study. J Clin Psychiatry. 2006 May;67(5):727-35. doi: 10.4088/jcp.v67n0506. PMID: 16841622.
- Anderson AL, Reid MS, Li SH, et al. Modafinil for the treatment of cocaine dependence. Drug Alcohol Depend. 2009;104(1-2):133–139. doi:10.1016/j.drugalcdep.2009.04.015
- Pigeau R, Naitoh P, Buguet A, McCann C, Baranski J, Taylor M, Thompson M, MacK I I. Modafinil, d-amphetamine and placebo during 64 hours of sustained mental work. I. Effects on mood, fatigue, cognitive performance and body temperature. J Sleep Res. 1995 Dec;4(4):212-228. doi: 10.1111/j.1365-2869.1995.tb00172.x. PMID: 10607161.
- Young JW. Dopamine D1 and D2 receptor family contributions to modafinil-induced wakefulness. J Neurosci. 2009;29(9):2663–2665. doi:10.1523/JNEUROSCI.5843-08.2009
- Müller, U., Rowe, J. B., Rittman, T., Lewis, C., Robbins, T. W., & Sahakian, B. J. (2013, January). Effects of modafinil on non-verbal cognition, task enjoyment and creative thinking in healthy volunteers. Retrieved from https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3485563/
- modafinil (Rx). (n.d.). Retrieved from https://reference.medscape.com/drug/provigil-modafinil-343000#4
- Modafinil Side Effects. (n.d.). Retrieved from https://www.goodrx.com/modafinil/side-effects
- Brown RE, Stevens DR, Haas HL. The physiology of brain histamine. Prog Neurobiol. 2001;63(6):637-672. doi:10.1016/s0301-0082(00)00039-3
- Zolkowska D, Jain R, Rothman RB, Partilla JS, Roth BL, Setola V, Prisinzano TE, Baumann MH. Evidence for the involvement of dopamine transporters in behavioral stimulant effects of modafinil. J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 2009 May;329(2):738-46. doi: 10.1124/jpet.108.146142. Epub 2009 Feb 5. PMID: 19197004; PMCID: PMC2672878.
- Minzenberg MJ, Carter CS. Modafinil: a review of neurochemical actions and effects on cognition. Neuropsychopharmacology. 2008 Jun;33(7):1477-502. doi: 10.1038/sj.npp.1301534. Epub 2007 Aug 22. PMID: 17712350.
- Krishnan R, Chary KV. A rare case modafinil dependence. J Pharmacol Pharmacother. 2015;6(1):49-50. doi:10.4103/0976-500X.149149
- The European regulatory system for medicines. (2016). Retrieved from https://www.ema.europa.eu/en/documents/leaflet/european-regulatory-system-medicines-european-medicines-agency-consistent-approach-medicines_en.pdf
- European Medicines Agency recommends restricting the use of modafinil. (2010, July 22). Retrieved from https://www.ema.europa.eu/en/news/european-medicines-agency-recommends-restricting-use-modafinil
- Rossi P, Cesaroni V, Brandalise F, Occhinegro A, Ratto D, Perrucci F, Lanaia V, Girometta C, Orrù G, Savino E. Dietary Supplementation of Lion's Mane Medicinal Mushroom, Hericium erinaceus (Agaricomycetes), and Spatial Memory in Wild-Type Mice. Int J Med Mushrooms. 2018;20(5):485-494. doi: 10.1615/IntJMedMushrooms.2018026241. PMID: 29953363.
- Grieb P. Neuroprotective properties of citicoline: facts, doubts and unresolved issues. CNS Drugs. 2014;28(3):185-193. doi:10.1007/s40263-014-0144-8
- Aguiar S, Borowski T. Neuropharmacological review of the nootropic herb Bacopa monnieri. Rejuvenation Res. 2013 Aug;16(4):313-26. doi: 10.1089/rej.2013.1431. PMID: 23772955; PMCID: PMC3746283.