If you want to learn exactly how to buy Modafinil in Malaysia, you’re exactly where you need to be.
In this detailed guide, we’ll discuss everything you need to know about buying the world’s most popular smart drug while visiting or living in Malaysia.
The gist of it is…
Get 10% off all Buy Moda products as a Modafinil.com reader.
Just use this code at checkout: BUYMODA#1
Malaysia’s idyllic beaches, enchanting rainforests, and beautiful national parks have long attracted countless numbers of tourists. But its rapid economic growth over the past decade and the phenomenal growth of Malaysia’s captivating, dynamic cities have become an irresistible draw for entrepreneurs and digital nomads.
Fortunately for these expats and locals, buying Modafinil in Malaysia is pretty easy these days. We’ll break it all down inside, including legalities, prescriptions, and more.
This is not legal or medical advice. This article was strictly created for your entertainment. Please consult with your primary care physician or a medical professional with close working knowledge of your health -- before consuming pharmaceutical drugs or nootropics, like Modafinil. Please read my disclaimer.
What is Modafinil?
Before discussing the legalities of Modafinil and the practicalities of buying it in Malaysia, it might be helpful to briefly explain what it is and why it’s so popular.
Modafinil has a worldwide reputation for being the premier cognitive enhancer on the market. It is undoubtedly the world’s most popular smart drug, bar none. Unlike some other nootropics, Modafinil has been thoroughly researched and tested. There is a wealth of evidence in peer-reviewed medical journals to support its effectiveness .
Modafinil’s benefits include:
- Enhanced vigilance
- Improved reaction times
- Increased motivation
- Reduced fatigue levels
- 12+ hours of intense focus (great for all-nighters!)
- …and more!
Modafinil gives you the sense that you can accomplish anything, and it is widely believed to be the real-life drug that inspired the movie, ‘Limitless’.
But Modafinil wasn’t designed to be a smart drug.
It’s a type of medicine known as a ‘eugeroic,’ meaning a ‘wakefulness-promoting agent.’ It was developed in France during the 1970s to help treat narcolepsy, a disorder where people suffer from excessive sleepiness during the daytime. However, it wasn’t until the U.S. FDA approved Modafinil in 1998 that the drug – sold under the brand name ‘Provigil’ – gained notoriety for its non-medical, off-label uses.
The early 2000s saw an explosion in the popularity of non-prescribed Provigil use among students and Silicon Valley executives .
Just 200mg of Provigil could help anyone pull an all-nighter with ease, making it the drug of choice for anyone seeking intense focus and concentration for their work or study. Modafinil found itself at the forefront of the smart drug movement and soon, people around the world wanted to get their hands on some.
So, If you’re curious about how to buy Modafinil in Malaysia, there’s one very good reason why:
Modafinil Side Effects and Safety
As I just mentioned, Modafinil is one of the most well-studied drugs in existence.
So with everything we know about its mind-blowing benefits, we have also acquired a comprehensive side effect profile :
- Loss of appetite
- Upset stomach
All of these side effects are pretty unlikely to happen, but they are the most common ones that come up and they also happen to be the mildest.
I’d even go as far as to say that “loss of appetite” is a natural consequence of taking Modafinil.
When you’re so locked into a big project and you want to make a lot of progress, the last thing on your mind is going to be food.
Modafinil has the ability to unlock the level of excitement you felt as a child when you were fully engaged in the present moment.
Some people might even go as far as to use Modafinil to help themselves adhere to an intermittent fasting schedule!
However, that doesn’t mean there won’t be the odd few people who experience more serious side effects of Modafinil.
These can include allergic reactions, skin rashes, high blood pressure and unusual levels of irritability .
As with any medication, seek medical help immediately if you’re experiencing any serious side effects.
Is Modafinil Legal in Malaysia?
Now, I’m no lawyer. Nor am I a legal scholar. So, this section about the legalities of Modafinil in Malaysia should not be construed as anything but hyperbole.
This is NOT advice.
All pharmaceuticals in Malaysia are overseen by the Drug Control Agency (DCA), which is a department of the Ministry of Health Malaysia (MOH) . The National Pharmaceutical Regulatory Agency (NPRA) oversees the regulatory control of pharmaceutical products .
Officially, all medicines sold in Malaysia must by DCA-registered.
Every DCA-registered product contains a registration number and a holographic sticker. You can check any medicine by heading to the NPRA website, clicking on the ‘Registered Product Search’ tab and entering the registration number.
Alternatively, you can use the meditating hologram decoders found in any Malaysian pharmacy to help you check the authenticity of holographic stickers on any pharmaceutical you buy.
As you can see for yourself, Modafinil isn’t a DCA-registered product and therefore isn’t officially available in Malaysia. When I contacted the MOH to query Modafinil’s legality, they confirmed that Modafinil isn’t a DCA-registered product.
The MOH representative noted that while some nootropics – including Dextroamphetamines and Piracetam – are on the list of substances that are illegal in Malaysia, there is no specific mention of Modafinil in Malaysian law.
– A Grey Area –
During my time here, I never found it for sale in pharmacies, and every Malaysian I asked about it said they just bought it online. By far the most commonly available brand of Modafinil in Malaysia is Modalert 200. This is a generic form of Modafinil.
Modalert is identical to genuine Provigil-branded Modafinil from Cephalon Inc, except it is much cheaper. It’s sold online in blister packs containing ten tablets per strip for around 118 MYR (Malaysian Ringgit), roughly US$28 at current exchange rates.
If you plan to go this route, I recommend buying from a trusted online seller and having it shipped to you. The seller listed here will also be cheaper.
I’ve personally ordered Modafinil online while living in Malaysia and have never had a problem getting it shipped to me. Malaysia isn’t on the ‘no ship’ list of any of my favorite Modafinil suppliers.
I’ve never heard of anyone having problems getting Modafinil shipped to them. In a worst-case scenario, your shipment could be seized by customs, but I’ve never heard of this happening!
In this case, all of the online Modafinil sellers that I recommend offer a free reshipment or a full refund. You either get your product, or you get your money back. It’s your choice.
In summary, there’s no risk.
Where to Buy Modafinil Online in Malaysia | 2020 Guide
Now that we’ve got all that out the way, let’s take a look at what you came for:
How to buy Modafinil online while living in Malaysia.
Luckily, that’s pretty easy these days. With few legal hurdles and no customs worries, you should not have a problem ordering Modafinil online here. Just use one of my favorite online vendors, and you’re set…
If you put a gun to my head and asked where to buy Modafinil in Malaysia, I’d immediately tell you to check out Buy Moda.
Why? Well, the pharmacy is the best online vendor I’ve found as of late. Here are a few things I love about these guys:
- Your Guaranteed Delivery: You will get your Modafinil order in Malaysia from Buy Moda. If you don’t, you’ll get a full refund or a reshipment from these guys. Guaranteed. No questions asked. This leaves you with little risk.
- Solid Customer Service: I’ve found Buy Moda‘s customer service to be a cut above when compared with other online Modafinil vendors. They respond to emails quickly and seem to be an honest company looking to keep customers happy.
- Free Express Shipping: Fast shipping is included when you buy Modafinil in Malaysia from these guys. Orders from Buy Moda should arrive in 6-14 days. Pretty quick!
- Great Prices: This is one of the cheapest places to buy nootropics online. They do a great job overall and their prices are competitive. You’ll get a great deal when ordering smart drugs here.
- Discreet Packaging: Orders from Buy Moda pass customs so well because they’re incredibly discreet. No one will know what’s inside the package except you.
- Decent Discounts: Generally, Buy Moda offers 35% off when you buy with Bitcoin. I dunno about you, but that sounds like a great deal to me.
Overall, I’d start here when ordering Modafinil online in Malaysia. Buy Moda a great job and you will get legitimate products when ordering here.
Get 10% off all Buy Moda products as a Modafinil.com reader.
Just use this code at checkout: BUYMODA#1
Next up we’ve got Modafinil XL.
What makes them an incredible Modafinil vendor that I definitely recommend? Well, I can think of a few reasons… here they are:
- Excellent Selection of Products: Modafinil XL has an impressive range of different Modafinil products to choose from, which include the following: Waklert, Artvigil, Modaheal, and Modafresh. That’s just a short list and doesn’t even include all the possible choices. Whatever you want, you can get it at Modafinil XL.
- Guaranteed Reshipment or Refund: If your package gets lost in the process of shipping for any reason, you’re entitled to a full refund. If you’d like the same order reshipped, then you can get that as well. I don’t know about you, but that makes me feel confident about spending my money somewhere.
- Free Shipping on Large Orders: If you create an order of more than $80, you can get free shipping on that order. That helps make large bulk orders very cost-effective.
- Fast Shipping Times: The average shipping times are around 7-14 days for most orders. That’s not lightning-fast, but it’s pretty good for Malaysia. You won’t be waiting around forever to get your order delivered.
Whether it’s the guarantees, the shipping times, or the selection — you can see why I recommend Modafinil XL. These guys do a fantastic job shipping Modafinil to Malaysia too.
Get 10% off all ModafinilXL products as a Modafinil.com reader.
Just use this code at checkout: ENJOY10OFF
‘Brand Name’ Modafinil and Armodafinil in Malaysia
Since Modafinil is not a registered pharmaceutical product in Malaysia, at least to my knowledge, there’s no such thing as ‘brand name’ Modafinil or Armodafinil in the country.
You can’t buy it at the pharmacy. Point. Blank. Period.
As such, you won’t have access to pharmaceutical brand name nootropics like:
- Provigil (Modafinil)
- Nuvigil (Armodafinil)
This should not cause any concern, as brand name nootropics aren’t any better than generic Modafinil and Armodafinil products these days. There are zero differences — at least when I compared the two while I had a Provigil prescription.
Luckily, it’s easy to order the best generic Modafinil products online in Malaysia.
When doing just that, you’ll have a variety of options available to you. Some of the most common and popular generic nootropic products available all around the world include:
These products offer the exact same benefits as brand name pharmaceuticals, but tend to cost significantly less — sometimes 90% CHEAPER!
Personally, I find the premier generic Modafinil product to be Modalert. It’s by far my favorite! But if you’re unsure what generic nootropic to test out, I highly recommend checking out:
This sample pack.
While I’m positive that you won’t have any issues buying Modafinil during your stay in Malaysia from any of the online Modafinil sellers I recommend, I recognize that some people will want a few Modafinil alternatives.
I understand. That’s why I recommend a couple of other over-the-counter supplements to take on your “off” days from Modafinil.
Here is my current favorite:
Mind Lab Pro
Mind Lab Pro is an amazing nootropic supplement for a variety of reasons, one of them being that it has so many different positive effects on your cognition.
These include everything from positive effects on your brain’s neurotransmitters, to neural regeneration and boosting relaxing brain waves. For example, Mind Lab Pro includes the ingredient Bacopa monnieri, which helps memory and learning abilities. It also has Lion’s Mane to allow nerve growth and greater plasticity.
Not only that, you’ll find the nootropic includes L-Theanine, which gives you those relaxing alpha waves mentioned above. You get all of this in one supplement.
It actually has 11 different ingredients each balanced out to perfect dosages, so there’s no fluff. Everything helps you perform better. All of the ingredients give you several brain-boosting benefits.
You don’t get the 12-15+ hour focus of Modafinil, but you get a nice 6-8+ hour boost in that department. Without a doubt, it’s the best over-the-counter alternative. Use it on your “off” days, even if you use Modafinil — and you’ll find insane cognitive benefits.
Mind Lab Pro!
Modafinil in Malaysia | The Verdict?
Hopefully, I’ve explained everything you’d possibly want to know about how to buy Modafinil in Malaysia.
I’ve covered all of the practical and legal questions about Modafinil and shown you my favorite, most trusted online sellers.
If you have any queries, comments or concerns…Please sound off below, and I’ll do my best to get back to you.
- Young JW. Dopamine D1 and D2 receptor family contributions to modafinil-induced wakefulness. J Neurosci. 2009;29(9):2663–2665. doi:10.1523/JNEUROSCI.5843-08.2009
- How Many Silicon Valley Startup Executives Are Hopped Up On Provigil? (2008, July 15). Retrieved from https://techcrunch.com/2008/07/15/how-many-of-our-startup-executives-are-hopped-up-on-provigil/
- Apo-Modafinil. (n.d.). Retrieved from https://bodyandhealth.canada.com/drug/getdrug/apo-modafinil
- Provigil (Modafinil). (2019, August 31). Retrieved from https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/325963#side-effects
- Bahasa Melayu. (n.d.). Retrieved from http://www.moh.gov.my/
- National Pharmaceutical Regulatory Agency. (n.d.). Retrieved from https://www.npra.gov.my/index.php/en/