If you want to learn exactly how to buy Modafinil in Malaysia, then you’re right where you need to be.
In this detailed guide, we'll discuss everything you need to know about buying the world’s most popular smart drug while visiting or living in Malaysia.
Now, if you’re just looking for our recommended vendor, here’s the gist of it…
But if you’re looking for more detailed info, keep reading…
The demand for Modafinil in Malaysia has been growing steadily. Fortunately for those who are looking to get ahead of their competition, buying Modafinil in Malaysia is pretty easy these days. We'll break it all down in this comprehensive guide, including legalities, prescriptions, and more.
What is Modafinil?
Before discussing the legalities of Modafinil and the practicalities of buying it in Malaysia, it might be helpful to briefly explain what this drug is and why it’s so popular.
Modafinil is undoubtedly the world’s most popular ‘smart’ drug, otherwise known as a ‘nootropic’. Unlike some other nootropics, Modafinil has been thoroughly researched and tested. There is a wealth of evidence in peer-reviewed medical journals to support its effectiveness as a cognitive enhancer .
Modafinil’s research-backed benefits include:
- Enhanced vigilance .
- Improved reaction times
- Better memory and short-term recall .
- Increased motivation
- Reduced fatigue levels .
- 12+ hours of intense focus (great for all-nighters!)
When you take Modafinil, you get the sense that you can accomplish anything. You can focus intensely on your work or study and power through tasks, projects, and anything else you need to get done. Modafinil is widely believed to be the real-life drug that inspired the screenwriters behind the 2011 sci-fi movie, ‘Limitless' .
But Modafinil wasn’t designed to be a ‘smart’ drug.
It’s actually a type of medicine known as a ‘eugeroic,’ which means it promotes ‘wakefulness’. It was discovered in France during the 1970s and developed into a medicine used to treat narcolepsy, a disorder where people suffer from excessive sleepiness during the daytime.
Modafinil was first released in France in 1992 under the brand name ‘Modiodal’. However, it wasn’t until the U.S. FDA approved Modafinil in 1998 that the drug – marketed as ‘Provigil’ – started gaining notoriety for its ‘off prescription’ benefits. The early 2000s saw an explosion in the popularity of non-prescribed Provigil use among students and Silicon Valley executives .
Just 200mg of Provigil can help anyone pull an all-nighter with ease. It’s the go-to drug for anyone and everyone who wants to enhance their focus and crush their work or study. Modafinil is the undisputed king of smart drugs and people all around the world are looking to get their hands on some.
So, if you’re curious about how to buy Modafinil in Malaysia, there’s one very good reason why:
Modafinil Side Effects and Safety
As we just mentioned, Modafinil is one of the most well-researched smart drugs in existence and its mechanism of action is fully understood . It works by causing levels of histamine and dopamine to rise significantly. The extra histamine creates a sense of extreme alertness , while the extra dopamine improves mood , and enhances non-verbal cognition .
However, just like any other drug that increases dopamine, Modafinil does have some documented side effects and safety concerns. The most common issues are :
- Loss of appetite.
- Sleeplessness and/or insomnia.
- Dry mouth/throat.
- Upset stomach and/or Diarrhea
The good news is that these side effects are rare and, if they do occur, can be easily managed or mitigated.
For example, “loss of appetite” is a natural consequence of taking Modafinil. You can easily become so wrapped up in work that you skip meals or forget to drink enough. This can lead to some of the other side effects listed above such as headaches, a drug mouth/throat, and even nausea. To avoid these side effects, simply make a conscious effort to stay well-hydrated during the day and eat at your regular times.
Likewise, if you suffer from sleeplessness or insomnia after taking Modafinil, you can either revise down your dose or take it earlier in the morning. This way, it will leave your system by evening when you are ready to sleep.
You may be curious about whether Modafinil is addictive. After all, it does increase dopamine levels. The answer is that it’s generally considered to be non-addictive, but there is a low risk of dependence.
Therefore, we recommend that you take no more than 200mg per day, maximum of three times per week. It’s definitely NOT an everyday drug.
There are some serious and exceptionally rare side effects of Modafinil. These can include allergic reactions, skin rashes, high blood pressure, and unusual levels of irritability .
As with any medication, seek medical help immediately if you experience any of these serious side effects.
Is Modafinil Legal in Malaysia?
Now, we’re no lawyers. Nor are we legal scholars. So, this section about the legalities of Modafinil in Malaysia should not be misconstrued as anything other than hyperbole.
This is NOT legal advice.
So, is Modafinil legal in Malaysia?
Yes, and no.
If you are visiting Malaysia, you can legally bring a 30-day supply of Modafinil with you provided you have a prescription from a doctor in your home country or country of origin.
Other than that, Modafinil is not available here, and buying or selling it is illegal.
You see, Modafinil has never been officially registered with the Drug Control Agency (DCA), part of the Ministry of Health Malaysia (MOH) . Nor has it been approved by the National Pharmaceutical Regulatory Agency (NPRA), which oversees the regulatory control of pharmaceutical products .
Officially, all medicines must be DCA-registered before they can be sold in Malaysia, and Modafinil isn’t on the list of approved drugs. However, it’s not a narcotic and this is where things start to get complicated…
Unlike some other nootropics – such as Dextroamphetamine and Piracetam – there is no specific mention of Modafinil in Malaysian law. In other words, it's an unregistered drug that’s not explicitly illegal, and therefore falls into a legal ‘grey area’.
Legal “Grey” Area
Members of our team who have spent time in Malaysia have never found Modafinil for sale in pharmacies here. But when we ordered some from our preferred online vendor, we never experienced any problems getting it shipped to us. In fact, we haven’t heard of anyone having issues with getting Modafinil shipped to their address in Malaysia.
Malaysian customs doesn’t seem to screen for Modafinil and the country certainly isn’t on the ‘no ship’ list of any of our favorite Modafinil suppliers. We’ve yet to hear of a single person running into difficulties.
In a worst-case scenario, we’d surmise that a shipment could be seized by customs, but we’ve honestly never heard of this happening. In this case, the vendors would give a free reshipment or a full refund.
In summary, there’s no risk.
Where to Buy Modafinil Online in Malaysia | 2021 Guide
Now that we've got all that out the way, let's take a look at what you came for:
How to buy Modafinil online while living in Malaysia.
Luckily, buying Modafinil online is pretty easy these days. With few legal hurdles and no customs worries, you should have no problems ordering Modafinil online here. Just use one of our favorite online vendors, and you're all set…
Want to know the best place to buy Modafinil in Malaysia? Check out Buy Moda. Why? Well, this online pharmacy offers some of the highest-quality nootropics and the fastest shipping times around.
Specifically, here are a few things we love about these guys:
- Guaranteed Delivery: Buy Moda guarantees ALL of their shipments to Malaysia. If your order doesn’t arrive, they’ll send you a free reshipment, and if that doesn’t arrive, they’ll give you a full refund.
- Solid Customer Service: Buy Moda‘s customer service is a cut above the rest. Their experts respond to emails quickly and are very focused on keeping customers happy.
- Fast Express Shipping: Buy Moda ships from Asia, so you can expect your Modafinil to arrive fast. Oh, and shipping is free when you spend more than $100. Just another awesome way to save!
- Great Prices: You’ll find nothing but low, low prices when you shop here. Buy Moda has the lowest nootropics prices bar none. Plus, you’ll get 30 free pills when you spend more than $150.
- Discreet Packaging: Orders from Buy Moda pass customs easily because they're so discreetly packaged. No one will know what's inside the package except you.
- Decent Discounts: Buy Moda offers many ways to save. You can use the coupon code ‘BUYMODA#1’ to get 10% off your order, and then get a further 20% off simply by paying with Bitcoin. Phenomenal value for money!
- Returning Customer Bonus: As a special thank you for being a loyal customer, Buy Moda will give you 20% extra pills on your second order and all subsequent orders.
Overall, we recommend starting here when ordering Modafinil online in Malaysia. Buy Moda does a great job and you will get legitimate products when you shop here.
Get 15% off all Buy Moda products as a Modafinil.com reader.
Just use this code at checkout: BUYMODA#1
The second nootropics vendor we recommend for people living in Malaysia is Modafinil XL. What makes them so incredible? Well, here are a few reasons:
- MASSIVE Selection of Products: Modafinil XL offers FIVE different Modafinil products: Modalert, Modvigil, Modafresh, Modaheal, and a special sublingual tablet called Indian MD. That one last is super fast-acting and potent, giving you a Limitless-like experience every time you take it!
- Guaranteed Shipments: If your package gets lost in the process of shipping for any reason, you're entitled to a full refund. If you'd like the same order reshipped, then you can get that as well. Your money is safe when you shop here.
- Free Shipping on Large Orders: Modafinil XL offers free shipping on all orders over $80 and increases this to free EXPRESS shipping when you spend more than $150.
- Fast Shipping Times: This vendor ships from India and Singapore, so the average shipping times to Malaysia are around 7-14 days. That's not lightning-fast, but it's pretty good. You won't be waiting around forever to get your order delivered.
- Great Discounts: Just like Buy Moda, the guys at Modafinil XL offer 20% off when you pay with Bitcoin or other cryptocurrencies. They also have a 10%-off coupon – ENJOY10OFF – however this can’t be used in conjunction with the crypto discount. It’s maybe something you’d want to use if you’re not into crypto. Oh, and they also give away 10 Modafinil tablets and 10 Armodafinil tablets with EVERY order!
Whether it's the guarantees, the shipping times, or the selection — you can see why we recommend Modafinil XL. These guys do a fantastic job shipping Modafinil to Malaysia and have thousands of positive reviews from satisfied customers on review sites like Trustpilot.
But don’t take our word for how great these guys are – order a free trial pack and see for yourself. Yes, you read that right – Modafinil XL will send you 10 free Modafinil tablets, all they ask is that you cover the $29 shipping fee. This option lets you see for yourself how fast these guys ship and how awesome their nootropics are.
Get 10% off all ModafinilXL products as a Modafinil.com reader.
Just use this code at checkout: ENJOY10OFF
‘Brand Name' Modafinil and Armodafinil in Malaysia
Since Modafinil and Armodafinil aren’t registered as pharmaceutical products in Malaysia, at least to our knowledge, there's no such thing as ‘brand name' Modafinil or Armodafinil in the country.
You can't buy these medicines at any pharmacy. Point. Blank. Period.
As such, you won't have access to brand name nootropics like:
- Provigil (Modafinil)
- Nuvigil (Armodafinil)
When you shop online, you’ll find the following generic products:
While these aren’t brand name nootropics, you shouldn’t be concerned. Generics work exactly the same as brand-name drugs. There’s ZERO difference in terms of quality, potency, purity, and pharmacological action.
Members of our team who have had Provigil prescriptions in the past have confirmed that these generics function identically, with two exceptions.
Firstly, the sublingual Indian MD Modafinil from Modafinil XL is faster-acting than the other brands.
Secondly, generic Modafinil products tend to cost significantly less than brand-name products — sometimes 90% LESS!
If you're unsure which generic nootropic to test out, we highly recommend buying this sample pack.
While we’re positive that you won’t have any issues buying Modafinil during your stay in Malaysia we recognize that some people may be looking for an alternative that’s 100% legal.
And, as we explained earlier, we don’t recommend that you take Modafinil more than three times per week to avoid dependence issues.
That’s why we recommend an over-the-counter nootropic that you can take on your “off” days from Modafinil. It’s drug-free, completely legal, and has ZERO side effects.
Mind Lab Pro
Mind Lab Pro is an amazing nootropic supplement for a variety of reasons, one of them being that it has so many different positive effects on your cognition.
These include everything from positive effects on your brain's neurotransmitters, to neural regeneration and boosting relaxing brain waves. For example, Mind Lab Pro includes the natural nootropic ingredient Bacopa monnieri, which helps memory and learning abilities . It also has Lion's Mane Mushroom to facilitate nerve growth and greater plasticity .
Not only that, you'll find the nootropic includes L-Theanine, which gives you those relaxing alpha waves mentioned above. You get all of this in one supplement.
It actually has 11 different ingredients that work synergistically to improve your overall brain function. Everything helps you perform better. All of the ingredients give you several brain-boosting benefits.
You don't get the 12-15+ hour focus of Modafinil, but you get a nice 6-8+ hour boost in that department. Without a doubt, it's the best over-the-counter alternative we’ve ever reviewed. Use it on your “off” days from Modafinil — and you'll find insane cognitive benefits.
Mind Lab Pro!
Modafinil in Malaysia | The Verdict?
Hopefully, this guide has explained everything you’d possibly want to know about how to buy Modafinil in Malaysia.
We’ve covered all of the practical and legal questions about Modafinil and shown you our favorite, most trusted online sellers. We’ve even shared our go-to Modafinil-alternative that you can use year-round to keep your mind in top condition.
- Lopes E, Pereira D, da Silva Behrens NS, de Almeida Fonseca H, Calvancanti PO, de Araújo Lima TF, Pradella-Hallinan M, Castro J, Tufik S, Coelho FM. Cataplexy as a side effect of modafinil in a patient without narcolepsy. Sleep Sci. 2014 Mar;7(1):47-9. doi: 10.1016/j.slsci.2014.07.015. Epub 2014 Aug 19. PMID: 26483900; PMCID: PMC4521649.
- Young JW. Dopamine D1 and D2 receptor family contributions to modafinil-induced wakefulness. J Neurosci. 2009;29(9):2663–2665. doi:10.1523/JNEUROSCI.5843-08.2009
- Müller, U., Rowe, J. B., Rittman, T., Lewis, C., Robbins, T. W., & Sahakian, B. J. (2013, January). Effects of modafinil on non-verbal cognition, task enjoyment and creative thinking in healthy volunteers. Retrieved from https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3485563/
- Pigeau R, Naitoh P, Buguet A, McCann C, Baranski J, Taylor M, Thompson M, MacK I I. Modafinil, d-amphetamine and placebo during 64 hours of sustained mental work. I. Effects on mood, fatigue, cognitive performance and body temperature. J Sleep Res. 1995 Dec;4(4):212-228. doi: 10.1111/j.1365-2869.1995.tb00172.x. PMID: 10607161.
- cbslocal.com. 2020. Modafinil: A Real-Life ‘Limitless' Smart Pill?. [online] Available at: <https://newyork.cbslocal.com/2015/11/10/modafinil-limitless-superhero-drug/> [Accessed 5 December 2020].
- How Many Silicon Valley Startup Executives Are Hopped Up On Provigil? (2008, July 15). Retrieved from https://techcrunch.com/2008/07/15/how-many-of-our-startup-executives-are-hopped-up-on-provigil/
- Gerrard P, Malcolm R. Mechanisms of modafinil: A review of current research. Neuropsychiatr Dis Treat. 2007;3(3):349–364.
- Brown RE, Stevens DR, Haas HL. The physiology of brain histamine. Prog Neurobiol. 2001;63(6):637-672. doi:10.1016/s0301-0082(00)00039-3
- Zolkowska D, Jain R, Rothman RB, Partilla JS, Roth BL, Setola V, Prisinzano TE, Baumann MH. Evidence for the involvement of dopamine transporters in behavioral stimulant effects of modafinil. J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 2009 May;329(2):738-46. doi: 10.1124/jpet.108.146142. Epub 2009 Feb 5. PMID: 19197004; PMCID: PMC2672878.
- Minzenberg MJ, Carter CS. Modafinil: a review of neurochemical actions and effects on cognition. Neuropsychopharmacology. 2008 Jun;33(7):1477-502. doi: 10.1038/sj.npp.1301534. Epub 2007 Aug 22. PMID: 17712350.
- Apo-Modafinil. (n.d.). Retrieved from https://bodyandhealth.canada.com/drug/getdrug/apo-modafinil
- Provigil (Modafinil). (2019, August 31). Retrieved from https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/325963#side-effects
- Bahasa Melayu. (n.d.). Retrieved from http://www.moh.gov.my/
- National Pharmaceutical Regulatory Agency. (n.d.). Retrieved from https://www.npra.gov.my/index.php/en/
- Kongkeaw C, Dilokthornsakul P, Thanarangsarit P, Limpeanchob N, Norman Scholfield C. Meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials on cognitive effects of Bacopa monnieri extract. J Ethnopharmacol. 2014;151(1):528-535. doi:10.1016/j.jep.2013.11.008
- Mori K, Inatomi S, Ouchi K, Azumi Y, Tuchida T. Improving effects of the mushroom Yamabushitake (Hericium erinaceus) on mild cognitive impairment: a double-blind placebo-controlled clinical trial. Phytother Res. 2009;23(3):367-372. doi:10.1002/ptr.2634