Curious about how to buy Modafinil in the Philippines?
If so, this detailed guide is all you need. Here, we'll be discussing everything you need to know about buying the world’s most popular smart drug while visiting or living in the Pearl of the Orient.
Over the past decade, the Philippines has become extremely popular with entrepreneurs and digital nomads in search of a dynamic, vibrant country replete with natural beauty. This has led to a definite rise in the demand for Modafinil, the most potent nootropic on the planet.
If you’re looking for the short answer, here’s the gist of it…
But if you’re looking for more info, keep reading….
We can point you towards the best online pharmacies that sell legit nootropics, and help you avoid the ones that will rip you off or send you bunk. Fortunately, there are two online pharmacies we know of that make buying Modafinil in the Philippines hassle-free.
What is Modafinil?
Before we delve into the fascinating subject of how to buy Modafinil in the Philippines, we thought it might be helpful to briefly discuss why so many people love this drug and why it’s the most widely used smart drug in the world right now.
Modafinil has gained a reputation for being the most effective nootropic on the market because it offers a range of scientifically-proven benefits, such as:
- Enhanced memory retention .
- Improved executive functioning.
- 12+ hours of intense focus (great for pulling all-nighters!) .
- Inability to feel fatigued .
When you take Modafinil, you feel as if you can accomplish anything. It is believed to be the real-life drug that inspired the team of scriptwriters behind the 2011 movie “Limitless.” But Modafinil isn’t the brainchild of Hollywood scriptwriters. It’s a real drug that has a wealth of evidence in peer-reviewed medical journals to support its effectiveness as a nootropic .
Modafinil is a type of medicine known as a ‘eugeroic’, which means a ‘wakefulness-promoting agent.’ It was developed during the 1970s by a French neuroscientist and researcher, Michel Jouvet . It was initially released in France as a medicine to help treat narcolepsy and was sold under the brand name ‘Modiodal’.
However, it wasn’t until Modafinil received U.S. FDA approval in 1998 (as ‘Provigil’) that its popularity took off. Doctors began prescribing Provigil to treat a range of disorders including Shift Work Sleep Disorder (SWSD) , Attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) , and even amphetamine and cocaine addiction .
It didn’t take long for Provigil’s ‘off label’ benefits to become common knowledge among biohackers, hustlers, and stressed-out entrepreneurs. During the early 2000s, the ‘off prescription’ use of Provigil exploded across North America. It replaced Adderall as the study drug of choice among stressed-out students across the U.S. and became the drug of choice for CEOs and Silicon Valley executives who were looking to gain an edge over their competition .
The smart drug craze had begun, and Modafinil was at the forefront of it. Soon, people around the world wanted to get their hands on some. So, if you’re curious about buying Modafinil in the Philippines, there’s a very good reason:
Modafinil is the most popular smart drug in the world because the stuff just works!
Modafinil Side Effects and Safety
We’re not doctors and this isn’t medical advice, but Modafinil is widely considered to be a very safe and well-tolerated drug. After extensively studying this drug for decades, researchers have found VERY few side effects related to Modafinil use.
The most frequent ones are listed below and they tend to be quite mild :
- Insomnia and/or trouble sleeping.
- Dry mouth and/or throat.
For people who aren't used to the effect of nootropics in general, a little nervousness is to be expected. In a society where people are constantly tired and exhausted, it can be unsettling to experience full-fledged wakefulness for a long period.
So don't worry too much about the enhanced feeling of focus – you'll get used to it in no time at all!
As long as you take Modafinil early in the morning, you shouldn’t have any issues falling asleep at night. If you take Modafinil late at night because you want to pull an all-nighter, that’s not going to be an issue. But you already knew that, right?
As Modafinil increases dopamine in the brain, one issue you want to be aware of is dependence. If you take more than 200 mg of the drug at a time, you increase the risk of experiencing side effects. Taking vast quantities (1,200 mg+) may lead to dependence .
To avoid this, we suggest taking Modafinil no more than 2-3 times per week. Every two months, give your body a complete two-week break. This is a practice known as ‘cycling’. It prevents your body from becoming dependent on the drug and ensures that you keep getting the same cognitive benefits.
We also want to mention that Modafinil does have some extremely rare yet more serious side effects. These include skin rashes, mania, and hallucinations . If you experience any of these symptoms, cease using Modafinil immediately and contact a doctor.
Is Modafinil Legal in the Philippines?
Now, we’re not lawyers. Nor are we legal scholars. So, this section about the legalities of Modafinil in the Philippines should not be construed as anything but hyperbole. This is NOT legal advice.
Is Modafinil legal in the Philippines? Yes and no.
If you are visiting the Philippines and have a prescription for Modafinil, you can bring in a 30-day supply with you when you arrive. Your prescription must clearly state your name, your doctor’s name, the name of the drug, and the reason for the prescription.
If you are Filipino or are living in the Philippines, the only legal way to buy Modafinil is to get a prescription from a Filipino doctor. You must first be diagnosed with a sleep disorder such as narcolepsy, obstructive sleep apnea, or Shift Work Sleep Disorder (SWSD). You can then buy Modafinil from a pharmacy such as Watsons where it is sold under the brand name ‘Provigil’ .
If you don’t have a prescription, it isn’t legal to buy Modafinil here. While there have been reports of pharmacies selling prescription drugs over-the-counter, these reports mainly refer to common medicines such as antibiotics, not regulated drugs like Modafinil.
We’re not going to waste your time telling you to go to this pharmacy or that pharmacy to buy Modafinil without a prescription. Members of our team have visited the Philippines over a dozen times during the last decade, and we can tell you first hand that Modafinil is only available here if you have a prescription.
Now, there are other ways to get your hands on Modafinil while living in the Philippines. The most common one? Buying some online and having it shipped to your address or place of residence.
Is this legal?
No, but we’re unaware of any laws against it, and we’ve yet to hear about anyone having legitimate legal issues importing Modafinil for personal use. While the Philippines is renowned for its strict anti-drug policies, Modafinil isn’t a narcotic, and buying some online won’t get you thrown in jail.
We’ve personally ordered Modafinil online dozens of times while living in the Philippines and have never had any issues having it shipped to us.
We’d surmise that the worst that could happen would be for your package to be seized by customs. In this case, you’d get a full refund from the online Modafinil pharmacy you purchased it from.
But we’ve honestly never heard of this happening!
The online Modafinil sellers that we recommend below actually guarantee their shipments to the Philippines. This means that if your order doesn’t arrive, you’ll get a free reshipment or a full refund. Your choice.
In short, there’s little to no risk.
Where to Buy Modafinil in the Philippines | 2022 Guide
Now we're getting to the good stuff. In this part of the guide, we’ll tell you the best places to buy Modafinil online in the Philippines.
While some of the most prominent Modafinil vendors don't ship to the Philippines, we've found a couple of great vendors that do.
Here are the best places to buy Modafinil online in the Philippines:
The best online vendor serving the Philippines right now is Modafinil XL.
What makes them so great? Well, let's just say there's a lot to love when buying Modafinil online here.
To be specific:
- FREE Trial Pack: If you’ve never tried Modafinil before, you probably don’t want to go all-in and place a large order right away. Fortunately, Modafinil XL has a great deal for you. If you cover the $29 shipping fee, they’ll send you 10 free Modafinil pills to try. This is a great, low-cost way of seeing whether this drug is right for you!
- Wide Selection of Products: Modafinil XL offers the widest selection of Modafinil of any online vendors. It stocks a total of five different generic brands; Modalert, Modvigil, Modafresh, Modaheal, and Indian MD, which is a sublingual product. You’re bound to find something that suits you when you shop here.
- Highly Informative Website: Modafinil XL has one of the most comprehensive benefits of any Modafinil vendor we’ve ever reviewed. If you’re new to the world of nootropics, you’ll find a wealth of information here. The site has dozens of articles and guides that will help you make an informed buying choice.
- Fast Shipping Times: In terms of shipping times, Modafinil XL is as good as it gets. It ships from Singapore so you'll get your order within 7-15 days on average. Standard shipping is free on orders over $80, and this is upgraded to free Express shipping when you spend over $150.
- Guaranteed Delivery: Modafinil XL offers a nice perk where they'll reship any lost or seized package for you. You simply have to let them know, and they'll refund your money or reship your package. Don’t worry, you’ll probably never have to use this, but it’s good to know it’s there, just in case.
- MASSIVE Discounts: Modafinil XL includes 10 free Modafinil tablets and 10 free Armodafinil tablets with EVERY order. What’s more, they’ll give you a whopping 20% discount if you pay with Bitcoin!
All in all, Modafinil XL is an A+ vendor and there are many reasons why we recommend these guys. They have a fantastic selection of nootropics, a unique, informative website, and some nice perks like fast delivery times and refund options. The prices are even better if you buy in bulk, and the delivery times are VERY good for the Philippines.
Get 10% off all ModafinilXL products as a Modafinil.com reader.
Just use this code at checkout: ENJOY10OFF
If you’re looking for another option, the other online vendor we swear by is Dino Supplies. They do a terrific job shipping legit Modafinil to the Philippines and come highly recommended.
Here are some of the things they do phenomenally well:
- FREE Shipping on All Orders: With Dino Supplies, there’s no minimum order requirement. EVERY order gets free shipping! This makes them extremely economical if you aren’t looking to spend a lot of money.
- Good Shipping Times: Dino Supplies don’t have the fastest shipping times, but they are reasonable and very reliable. All shipments are sent in plain, discreet packaging so they sail through customs without any issues.
- Solid Discounts: Dino Supplies may not have the fastest order times, but they do have an excellent discount coupon. Just enter the code ‘DINOMODA6854’ at the checkout to get 10% off your order. This makes their prices VERY economical.
- MASSIVE Bitcoin Discount: Just like Modafinil XL, you can get 20% off your order when you pay with Bitcoin at Dino Supplies. What makes this even better is that it works in conjunction with the 10% discount, giving you a hefty 30% off your order. It’s a great, great deal!
In conclusion, Dino Supplies has a lot going for them and is a great Modafinil vendor. They take all the stress and hassle out of ordering nootropics online.
Try them and see for yourself!
Get 10% off all Dino Supplies products as a Modafinil.com reader.
Just use this code at checkout: DINOMODA6854
‘Brand Name' Modafinil and Armodafinil in the Philippines
If you have a prescription, you’ll be able to walk into any major pharmacy in the Philippines such as Watsons and buy some Modafinil. The most common brand name is ‘Provigil’.
However, when you shop online, you’ll find generic Modafinil brands for sale. You’ll also find generic brands of Armodafinil, which is a newer, improved version of Modafinil that has a longer half-life. Fortunately, this isn't a bad thing.
Not only are generic Modafinil and Armodafinil products far cheaper than anything available at pharmacies, but they also work just the same as their brand-name counterparts. Members of our team have had prescriptions for Provigil in the past and can confirm that there are ZERO differences between generic Modafinil products and Provigil.
Here are the most popular generic nootropics that you’ll find online:
We highly recommend testing all four of these products and seeing what your mind and body reacts best to. Most people find that they prefer one over and above the others.
Now, while we’re confident that you won’t have any issues at all getting your hands on Modafinil during your time in the Philippines, we recognize that not everyone wants to run the risk of ordering a prescription drug online if they don’t have a prescription.
We get that.
That’s why we also recommend a natural nootropic that is as close to Modafinil as you're going to get without crossing any legal “grey areas”, so to speak. It’s perfect for cycling with Modafinil and using on your ‘off’ days when you still want a cognitive boost.
Without further ado, here is our favorite Modafinil alternative:
Mind Lab Pro
Mind Lab Pro is hands down the most powerful and reliable natural nootropic that we’ve ever reviewed. It’s become our go-to nootropic for days when we aren’t taking Modafinil but still want to get stuff done. Currently, we believe this stuff is the best Modafinil alternative out there.
What makes it great? Well…
Mind Lab Pro is the most comprehensive ‘over-the-counter' nootropic currently available. It contains 11 key ingredients that each deal with a specific area of cognitive enhancement. It contains ingredients that offer similar effects to Modafinil but are just a little less powerful and potent. Best of all, they are 100% natural and side effect free.
Our top three favorite ingredients are:
- Bacopa Monnieri: This natural nootropic is a potent memory booster and neuroprotectant that helps your brain fire on all cylinders .
- Citicoline: Citicoline is another memory-boosting nootropic that works in synergy to boost the effectiveness of other nootropics .
- Lion's Mane Mushroom: This mushroom extract is renowned for its neuroprotection effects .
These three ingredients work in synergy with each other and the other eight ingredients to offer a Modafinil-like boost to focus, memory retention, and motivation.
But what's nice about Mind Lab Pro is that it hits some key areas that Modafinil doesn't. For example, it has ingredients that help flush out toxins. You get neuroprotective benefits and you also help fertilize brain cells for healthy connections between neurons. Those are benefits that Modafinil doesn’t offer.
The one drawback of Mind Lab Pro is that it doesn’t give you the 12+ hours of focus that you get from Modafinil. Instead, you can expect around 6-8+ hours of solid cognitive enhancement. That’s pretty decent if you ask us, especially considering this a 100% safe, drug-free nootropic.
If you're looking for the best nootropic to take when you aren’t taking Modafinil, this is our top recommendation.
Mind Lab Pro!
Modafinil in the Philippines | The Verdict?
If you were curious about how to buy Modafinil in the Philippines, hopefully, this comprehensive guide has answered all your legal and practical questions.
We’ve covered everything from Modafinil’s benefits to its side effects, dosage guidelines, legal status, and practicalities. Plus, we’ve even shared with you our top recommendation for a safe alternative nootropic.
- Pigeau R, Naitoh P, Buguet A, McCann C, Baranski J, Taylor M, Thompson M, MacK I I. Modafinil, d-amphetamine and placebo during 64 hours of sustained mental work. I. Effects on mood, fatigue, cognitive performance and body temperature. J Sleep Res. 1995 Dec;4(4):212-228. doi: 10.1111/j.1365-2869.1995.tb00172.x. PMID: 10607161.
- Young JW. Dopamine D1 and D2 receptor family contributions to modafinil-induced wakefulness. J Neurosci. 2009;29(9):2663–2665. doi:10.1523/JNEUROSCI.5843-08.2009
- Müller, U., Rowe, J. B., Rittman, T., Lewis, C., Robbins, T. W., & Sahakian, B. J. (2013, January). Effects of modafinil on non-verbal cognition, task enjoyment and creative thinking in healthy volunteers. Retrieved from https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3485563/
- Young JW. Dopamine D1 and D2 receptor family contributions to modafinil-induced wakefulness. J Neurosci. 2009;29(9):2663–2665. doi:10.1523/JNEUROSCI.5843-08.2009
- Michel Jouvet. (2020, February 21). Retrieved from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michel_Jouvet
- Ballon JS, Feifel D. A systematic review of modafinil: Potential clinical uses and mechanisms of action. J Clin Psychiatry. 2006;67(4):554-66.
- Biederman J, Swanson JM, Wigal SB, Boellner SW, Earl CQ, Lopez FA; Modafinil ADHD Study Group. A comparison of once-daily and divided doses of modafinil in children with attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder: a randomized, double-blind, and placebo-controlled study. J Clin Psychiatry. 2006 May;67(5):727-35. doi: 10.4088/jcp.v67n0506. PMID: 16841622.
- Can Modafinil Treat Cocaine or Amphetamine Addiction & Withdrawal? (2020, February 3). Retrieved from https://americanaddictioncenters.org/addiction-medications/modafinil
- Like It or Not, “Smart Drugs” Are Coming to the Office. (2016, May 19). Retrieved from https://hbr.org/2016/05/like-it-or-not-smart-drugs-are-coming-to-the-office
- (n.d.). Retrieved from https://www.webmd.com/drugs/2/drug-16962/modafinil-oral/details
- Krishnan, R., & Chary, K. V. (2015). A rare case modafinil dependence. Retrieved from https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4319252/
- Modafinil/Provigil – new warning about serious side effects. (n.d.). Retrieved from https://www.meassociation.org.uk/2008/02/modafinilprovigil-new-warning-about-serious-side-effects/
- Watsons Health. 2020. MODAFINIL – Watsons Health. [online] Available at: <https://watsonshealth.com.ph/modafinil/> [Accessed 13 December 2020].
- Aguiar S, Borowski T. Neuropharmacological review of the nootropic herb Bacopa monnieri. Rejuvenation Res. 2013 Aug;16(4):313-26. doi: 10.1089/rej.2013.1431. PMID: 23772955; PMCID: PMC3746283.
- Grieb P. Neuroprotective properties of citicoline: facts, doubts and unresolved issues. CNS Drugs. 2014;28(3):185-193. doi:10.1007/s40263-014-0144-8
- Rossi P, Cesaroni V, Brandalise F, Occhinegro A, Ratto D, Perrucci F, Lanaia V, Girometta C, Orrù G, Savino E. Dietary Supplementation of Lion's Mane Medicinal Mushroom, Hericium erinaceus (Agaricomycetes), and Spatial Memory in Wild-Type Mice. Int J Med Mushrooms. 2018;20(5):485-494. doi: 10.1615/IntJMedMushrooms.2018026241. PMID: 29953363.