Are you curious about how to buy Modafinil in Romania right now?
If so, you’ve found just the right corner of the internet…
In this comprehensive guide, we’ll explain everything you need to know about buying and using this smart drug while living in Romania.
We’ll cover all the pressing issues like legalities, prescriptions, and where to buy Modafinil online…
Get 15% off all Buy Moda products as a Modafinil.com reader.
Just use this code at checkout: BUYMODA#1
We intentionally made this guide as broad and comprehensive as possible. We’ll cover it all, from Modafinil’s origins and benefits to its legal status in Romania, as well as a powerful Modafinil-alternative that’s available over-the-counter.
What Is Modafinil?
If you’ve been searching online for information about how to buy Modafinil you likely already have an idea about what this drug is. But if you’re still unsure…
What is Modafinil?
Well, Modafinil has a long medical history. It was first synthesized in the 1970s and has been used since the early 1990s to treat narcolepsy and other sleep-related disorders. To use a scientific term, Modafinil is a type of drug known as a ‘eugeroic’ which means it helps people stay awake and fight fatigue.
Modafinil does this by increasing levels of histamine and dopamine in the brain, which makes users feel hyper-alert and stifles feelings of tiredness, fatigue, or drowsiness . This makes Modafinil ideal for treating conditions like:
- Sleep apnea.
- Shift Work Sleep Disorder (SWSD).
- Seasonal Affective Disorder.
- Excessive daytime sleepiness.
But Modafinil is more than just a eugeroic; it also offers many cognitive benefits, largely due to the way that it increases dopamine. It is a proven mood-enhancer and helps improve overall brain function. Many doctors prescribe Modafinil ‘off label’ to treat conditions like Attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) , and cocaine dependence , besides other cognitive ailments.
As you are probably aware, Modafinil’s cognitive benefits are well known outside the medical community. It has become the world’s most popular ‘smart drug’, or ‘nootropic’, and many people refer to it as the real-life “Limitless” drug because of its astonishing brain-boosting effects.
Millions of people around the world turn to Modafinil to gain a mental edge and boost their productivity. People from all walks of life including students, entrepreneurs, CEOs, and coders have discovered that Modafinil significantly enhances cognitive performance.
A single 200mg tablet of Modafinil gives you:
- Improved mental and recall .
- 12+ hours of ‘superhuman’ focus .
- Zero feelings of fatigue .
- Better time management and executive functioning .
Modafinil is most people’s go-to nootropic when it comes to getting that coveted “edge” over the competition. Nothing gives you the unmitigated desire to crush your goals like Modafinil. We’ll even go as far as to say that completing your projects, homework, or case studies becomes enjoyable.
Yes, even those grueling reports or tasks you would typically dread. They become “fun” for a day.
Modafinil is the world’s most popular nootropic for a reason!
Is Modafinil Legal in Romania?
The short answer to this question is:
Yes, and no.
Romania is a member of the European Union (EU), and, according to the European Medicines Agency (EMA), the only approved indication for Modafinil is the “treatment of adults with excessive sleepiness associated with narcolepsy” . As such, this drug can only be prescribed “by or under the supervision of a physician”. Therefore, Modafinil is only sold by pharmacies to patients with an appropriate prescription .
What this means is that you need to be diagnosed with narcolepsy to be prescribed Modafinil in Romania. You may want to try to convince a doctor that you have one of these conditions, but we don’t advise going down this route. Modafinil can only be prescribed by a specialist doctor and they will require you to undergo an overnight sleep study. At that point, it’ll become obvious you lied.
Another reason is that you can easily go online and buy generic Modafinil that's every bit as good as the brand name Modafinil sold by pharmacies. The only difference? You’ll pay about one-tenth of the price. Other than that, the generic brands are identical to brand name Modafinil like ‘Provigil’ and ‘Modiodal’.
How to Get a Modafinil Prescription in Romania
This may be a bit redundant, but as we pointed out above, you can only get a prescription for Modafinil in Romania if you have been diagnosed with narcolepsy by a sleep specialist. That is the whole story.
If you don’t have narcolepsy or a similar condition that causes excessive daytime sleepiness, you’re not getting a prescription.
Many have found it's possible to get prescription drugs from pharmacies in Romania without a prescription by simply walking in and paying cash for the pharmaceuticals you want. This is a viable way to get Modafinil in the country. There's just one issue:
The majority of pharmacies in Romania do not carry Modafinil!
You'll be searching far and wide to find a pharmacy that carries Modafinil here. Even if you speak Romanian or get a friend or translator to help, you simply won’t find this nootropic at most pharmacies here.
Luckily, you can easily get high-quality generic Modafinil and Armodafinil (an updated version of Modafinil) from a trusted online vendor. Just keep reading to find out how…
Where to Buy Modafinil Online in Romania | 2022 Guide
If you’re looking to buy Modafinil online in Romania, you’re in luck because you have a couple of high-quality vendors to choose from. They both ship legit nootropics to Romania and do a phenomenal job. We can vouch for the quality of their service.
However, each of them specializes in certain areas and you can choose which one best meets your needs.
Our top pick for a reliable Modafinil vendor is Buy Moda. These guys have been around forever and do an outstanding job of shipping nootropics to customers in Romania. They have hundreds of thousands of satisfied customers and you can easily find online reviews raving about how great they are.
Here are some of the reasons we rate them #1:
- Massive Bitcoin Discount: Buy Moda’s prices are some of the lowest in the industry. They give you 20% off your entire order when you pay with Bitcoin, which lowers the price-per-pill significantly. Also, if you spend more than $100, they’ll throw in free shipping and if you spend over $150, they’ll include 30 free pills. Overall, they are extremely cheap!
- Outstanding Customer Service: You may feel apprehensive about buying Modafinil online for the first time, but Buy Moda’s staff will help put you at ease. They are all American and will answer any questions you may have promptly and accurately. You won’t find better customer service anywhere else!
- Guaranteed Delivery: When you purchase Modafinil from Buy Moda, they make a simple promise: you’ll either get your Modafinil or you’ll get a free reship or refund. This means you have virtually zero risks and won’t lose any money on nootropics that never arrive.
- Amazing Sample Packs: Unsure of the difference between Modafinil and its younger cousin Armodafinil? Pick up one of Buy Moda’s legendary “sample packs” and find out! For just $75 you get two brands of generic Modafinil (Modalert and Modvigil) and two brands of generic Armodafinil (Artvigil and Waklert). Try them all and see which one you prefer.
Quite simply, Buy Moda is the best Modafinil vendor on the planet right now and we can’t recommend it highly enough. We guarantee that you’ll get your hands on some Modafinil fast when you order from them.
Try them and see for yourself!
Get 15% off all Buy Moda products as a Modafinil.com reader.
Just use this code at checkout: BUYMODA#1
The other online Modafinil vendor that we recommend is Modafinil XL. They offer almost exactly the same benefits as Buy Moda such as a 20% bitcoin discount, fast shipping, and guaranteed delivery.
But there are a few things they do a little better, especially if you’re thinking about buying Modafinil for the first time…
- FREE Modafinil Samples: Unsure whether Modafinil is right for you? Modafinil XL makes it easy to find out by offering 10 free Modafinil or Armodafinil pills. All they ask is that you stump up the $29 shipping fee. This way, you aren’t risking much cash and get to see how quickly they ship to Romania. You also get to test the pills before deciding whether they are right for you.
- 20 Free Pills with Every Order: The freebies keep coming with Modafinil XL! They include 10 free Modafinil pills and 10 Armodafinil pills with every single order.
- Fast Shipping from Within the EU: If you’re scared or worried about buying Modafinil online for the first time, Modafinil XL has you covered. If you pay a little extra ($35 + 35%) they’ll ship your order from their UK warehouse. This means no delays at customs and FAST delivery in as little as 3-5 days! Yes, this is a pricey way to buy Modafinil, but it’s ultra-safe and super-quick.
- Free Shipping: All orders over $80 get free shipping and those over $150 get express shipping. Oh, and all orders are backed by Modafinil XL’s rock-solid guaranteed delivery offer; you’ll get a free reship or refund in the highly unlikely event that your order doesn’t get through.
As you’ll see from their website Modafinil XL doesn’t have the cheapest prices, but it’s still a terrific vendor that offers fast, secure delivery and top-notch Modafinil at good prices.
Get 10% off all ModafinilXL products as a Modafinil.com reader.
Just use this code at checkout: ENJOY10OFF
‘Brand Name’ Modafinil and Armodafinil in Romania
Brand name Modafinil products like ‘Provigil’ and ‘Modiodal’ are only available from pharmacies in Romania. And very few pharmacies actually stock these drugs.
Even if you do get a prescription for Modafinil, you’ll find that brand name Modafinil can be quite pricey.
When you shop online, you won’t find these brands. Instead, you’ll see generic brands made by Indian manufacturers, such as:
These four are the most common nootropics that you’ll find. The good news is that they are identical to their brand name counterparts; there are zero discernible differences between generic brands of Modafinil and brand name Modafinil.
Generic Modafinil is just as good!
Thus far, we’ve had the best experiences with “Modalert”, but that’s just us. We strongly encourage you to experiment with different brands and find which one feels the best for you. Luckily, there’s an effortless way to do just that.
Click here to order a sample pack from our favorite Modafinil vendor.
Here’s the thing: You won’t have a single problem ordering Modafinil and getting it shipped to Romania. There has not been a single case of anyone being arrested or charged for importing Modafinil. Ever.
But there are two good reasons why you may be looking for other nootropics.
Firstly, you may just want to stay completely legal, and use an over-the-counter nootropic instead of buying a prescription drug online.
Secondly, Modafinil isn’t a drug that you can take every day. It can cause several side effects such as headaches and nausea, and if you keep taking it, your body will soon develop a tolerance . This means that its nootropic effects start to diminish and you need to take higher and higher doses to ‘feel’ the effects, which leads to more side effects.
As Modafinil increases levels of dopamine in the brain, it may, in theory, lead to dependence issues [11, 12]. Thankfully cases involving Modafinil dependence are vanishingly rare and only happen when people take extreme doses of 1,200mg/day or more . However, you need to be careful about how much Modafinil you take, and how often.
We recommend that you limit your dose to 200mg/day and take Modafinil no more than twice per week. Every two months, you should take a complete two-week break. This is known as ‘cycling’ and helps you continue to get a good cognitive boost from Modafinil while minimizing the side effects.
On your ‘off’ days when you aren’t taking Modafinil and still want a boost, we recommend that you take:
Mind Lab Pro
Mind Lab Pro is the most comprehensive and versatile nootropic that we’ve ever reviewed. It’s a dietary supplement that is certified drug-free. It offers a Modafinil-like boost to your memory, critical thinking, motivation, and focus yet causes ZERO side effects.
By combining 11 natural ingredients that work in synergy to rejuvenate, heal, boost, and enhance your mind. All of these ingredients have been scientifically proven to act as nootropics while being safe enough to take every day.
Mind Lab Pro’s most powerful ingredients are:
- Bacopa Monnieri: A proven nootropic that increases blood flow to the brain .
- Citicoline: A natural substance that has been proven to improve memory .
- Lion’s Mane Mushroom: An extremely potent natural nootropic that helps with neural regeneration while also boosting memory .
- Vitamins B6, B9, and B12: These vitamins have been widely researched and found to significantly enhance overall brain health .
Individually, all of these ingredients act as powerful nootropics. But together, they give you an incredible mix of performance-enhancement and cellular repair. When you take Mind Lab Pro, you are effectively healing and repairing your brain while staying cognitively enhanced and in-tune.
The only downside? You don’t get the 12+ hours of unbroken concentration like you get when you take Modafinil. But you still get a nice 6-8+ hours worth of intense focus – enough to last for a full working day.
Oh, and the creative benefits from Mind Lab Pro are well worth the price of admission.
Highly, highly recommended!
Mind Lab Pro!
Modafinil in Romania | Verdict
We've arrived at the end of this detailed guide about buying Modafinil in Romania.
You now know about the origins of Modafinil, its medical history, where to buy it online, and our go-to Modafinil-alternative to consider.
You now have all the information you need to make an informed decision regarding the usage of Modafinil to boost your performance.
- Gerrard, Paul, and Robert Malcolm. “Mechanisms of modafinil: A review of current research.” Neuropsychiatric disease and treatment 3,3 (2007): 349-64.
- Biederman J, Swanson JM, Wigal SB, Boellner SW, Earl CQ, Lopez FA; Modafinil ADHD Study Group. A comparison of once-daily and divided doses of modafinil in children with attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder: a randomized, double-blind, and placebo-controlled study. J Clin Psychiatry. 2006 May;67(5):727-35. doi: 10.4088/jcp.v67n0506. PMID: 16841622.
- Dackis CA, Kampman KM, Lynch KG, Pettinati HM, O'Brien CP. A double-blind, placebo-controlled trial of modafinil for cocaine dependence. Neuropsychopharmacology. 2005 Jan;30(1):205-11. doi: 10.1038/sj.npp.1300600. PMID: 15525998.
- Pigeau R, Naitoh P, Buguet A, McCann C, Baranski J, Taylor M, Thompson M, MacK I I. Modafinil, d-amphetamine and placebo during 64 hours of sustained mental work. I. Effects on mood, fatigue, cognitive performance and body temperature. J Sleep Res. 1995 Dec;4(4):212-228. doi: 10.1111/j.1365-2869.1995.tb00172.x. PMID: 10607161.
- Müller, U., Rowe, J. B., Rittman, T., Lewis, C., Robbins, T. W., & Sahakian, B. J. (2013, January). Effects of modafinil on non-verbal cognition, task enjoyment and creative thinking in healthy volunteers. Retrieved from https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3485563/
- Baranski JV, Pigeau RA. Self-monitoring cognitive performance during sleep deprivation: effects of modafinil, d-amphetamine and placebo. J Sleep Res. 1997 Jun;6(2):84-91. doi: 10.1111/j.1365-2869.1997.00032.x. PMID: 9377538.
- Chapotot F, Pigeau R, Canini F, Bourdon L, Buguet A. Distinctive effects of modafinil and d-amphetamine on the homeostatic and circadian modulation of the human waking EEG. Psychopharmacology (Berl). 2003 Mar;166(2):127-38. doi: 10.1007/s00213-002-1315-8. Epub 2003 Jan 28. PMID: 12552359.
- The European regulatory system for medicines. (2016). Retrieved from https://www.ema.europa.eu/en/documents/leaflet/european-regulatory-system-medicines-european-medicines-agency-consistent-approach-medicines_en.pdf
- European Medicines Agency recommends restricting the use of modafinil. (2010, July 22). Retrieved from https://www.ema.europa.eu/en/news/european-medicines-agency-recommends-restricting-use-modafinil
- Teodorini, Rachel D et al. “The off-prescription use of modafinil: An online survey of perceived risks and benefits.” PloS one 15,2 e0227818. 5 Feb. 2020, doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0227818
- Zolkowska D, Jain R, Rothman RB, Partilla JS, Roth BL, Setola V, Prisinzano TE, Baumann MH. Evidence for the involvement of dopamine transporters in behavioral stimulant effects of modafinil. J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 2009 May;329(2):738-46. doi: 10.1124/jpet.108.146142. Epub 2009 Feb 5. PMID: 19197004; PMCID: PMC2672878.
- Minzenberg MJ, Carter CS. Modafinil: a review of neurochemical actions and effects on cognition. Neuropsychopharmacology. 2008 Jun;33(7):1477-502. doi: 10.1038/sj.npp.1301534. Epub 2007 Aug 22. PMID: 17712350.
- Krishnan R, Chary KV. A rare case modafinil dependence. J Pharmacol Pharmacother. 2015;6(1):49-50. doi:10.4103/0976-500X.149149
- Kongkeaw C, Dilokthornsakul P, Thanarangsarit P, Limpeanchob N, Norman Scholfield C. Meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials on cognitive effects of Bacopa monnieri extract. J Ethnopharmacol. 2014;151(1):528-535. doi:10.1016/j.jep.2013.11.008
- Grieb P. Neuroprotective properties of citicoline: facts, doubts and unresolved issues. CNS Drugs. 2014;28(3):185-193. doi:10.1007/s40263-014-0144-8
- Mori K, Inatomi S, Ouchi K, Azumi Y, Tuchida T. Improving effects of the mushroom Yamabushitake (Hericium erinaceus) on mild cognitive impairment: a double-blind placebo-controlled clinical trial. Phytother Res. 2009;23(3):367-372. doi:10.1002/ptr.2634
- Kennedy DO. B Vitamins and the Brain: Mechanisms, Dose and Efficacy–A Review. Nutrients. 2016 Jan 27;8(2):68. doi: 10.3390/nu8020068. PMID: 26828517; PMCID: PMC4772032.