If you’re curious about how to buy Modafinil in Vietnam, you’ve arrived at just the right place.
Vietnam is one of the most awe-inspiring destinations in South East Asia with staggeringly beautiful beaches, hill-tribe villages, and majestic temples.
It is also one of the world’s fastest-growing economies and attracts legions of entrepreneurs, working professionals, and digital nomads from all over the world. As such, interest in buying Modafinil in Vietnam has spiked significantly over the past couple of years.
If you’re looking for the simplest answer, here it is:
But we have a feeling that you’re looking for more than just our favorite nootropics vendor…
That’s why we put together this comprehensive guide in which we’ll explain everything you need to know about finding and buying the world’s most popular smart drug during your stay in Vietnam.
We're able to explain the benefits, side effects, legalities, and the best places to buy Modafinil here.
What is Modafinil?
Modafinil is one of the world’s most popular smart drugs, widely believed to be the most effective nootropic available for boosting brain function, reaction times, vigilance, and motivation.
Modafinil may not be the real-life version of the fictional nootropic – ‘NZT-48’ – featured in the movie ‘Limitless', but it comes fairly close.
Don’t take our word for it; there are numerous studies published in peer-reviewed medical journals that support Modafinil’s effectiveness .
Modafinil is proven to offer benefits like:
- Improve reaction times
- Improve motivation
- Enhance brain function
- Increase resistance to fatigue
- Heightened vigilance
- …and more!
Modafinil is technically a type of drug called a ‘eugeroic’, which means it promotes ‘wakefulness’ and prevents you from feeling tired or sleepy. It was discovered by two French scientists in the 1970s and first went on sale in France under the brand name ‘Modiodal’ in the early 90s. It was used to treat narcolepsy – a condition that causes people to fall asleep during the day.
However, it wasn’t until 1998 when the U.S. FDA approved Modafinil that its popularity really took off. Modafinil was so effective at treating narcolepsy, sleep apnea, and shift work sleep disorder that doctors soon began prescribing it ‘off-label’ to treat other ailments such as schizophrenia and ADHD.
During the early 2000s, ‘off prescription’ use of Modafinil exploded as droves of Silicon Valley executives and CEOs started self-administering it to gain extra focus and concentrate for extended periods . People found that just 200 mg of the drug could help executives log 20+ hour days and gain an edge over their competition.
In short, Modafinil gives you the sense that you can accomplish anything while on it. It has become the world’s premier smart drug for one simple reason:
Nothing else comes even remotely close.
Modafinil Side Effects and Safety
While Modafinil can give you the feeling of invincibility, it can also lead to an unwanted side effect if you aren't careful with how you use it.
Even if you follow all of the best practices for properly dosing Modafinil, your body may not react well to the drug. That’s true of all prescription drugs.
So to arm you with the information you need, let’s look at some of the most common side effects you may experience when you take Modafinil. These include abdominal pain, a dry mouth or throat, headaches, dehydration, anxiety, and sleeplessness or insomnia .
Fortunately, you can avoid or minimize most of these side effects by taking a few simple, easy steps.
First, start by taking 100mg of Modafinil and see how your body responds. If you tolerate this well, you can increase to the recommended dose of 200mg.
Second, Modafinil isn’t an “everyday” drug. We recommend taking it no more than once or twice per week, or on days where you have a ton of work to do. By limiting your intake, your body won’t develop a tolerance and you can minimize side effects.
Third, you can easily take care of dehydration and dizziness by consuming a lot more water than usual. It's not unheard of for Modafinil users to drink 2-4 liters of water on the same day they take Modafinil. We suggest you do the same.
Lastly, as for sleeplessness or insomnia, just ensure you don't take Modafinil any later than 9-10 am. It's seriously strong stuff, and you need to give your body plenty of time to excrete it from your body.
However, one serious side effect we believe you should be aware of is easy bruising . In other words, when your body gets bruised a lot more easily than usual. This usually happens when someone barely touches you and yet your body gets bruised up for no good reason.
If you find yourself experiencing this, make sure you stop taking Modafinil and seek medical attention immediately.
Alternatively, you may wish to see a doctor if any of the common side effects we've mentioned seem to persist long after you have finished taking Modafinil.
Many people are curious about whether Modafinil is addictive. The answer is that it isn’t, however, there is a possibility of developing a dependence if you consume very high doses (1,200mg/day).
Modafinil increases dopamine levels in the brain . This is where almost all of its cognitive benefits like better mood and memory come from. But, just like any drug that increases dopamine, there is a slight possibility that taking too much Modafinil can lead to dependence .
Thankfully cases of Modafinil dependence are extremely rare . So if you stick to our recommended dose of 100-200mg/day, once or twice per week, you’ll be just fine.
Is Modafinil Legal in Vietnam?
We’re not lawyers or legal scholars. We urge you to follow all laws during your stay in Vietnam and do due diligence before buying any nootropic.
Is Modafinil legal in Vietnam? Yes and no.
Modafinil is not a locally registered drug in Vietnam. As such, it's not available in medicine shops or pharmacies.
This means that pharmacies do not stock imported medicines containing Modafinil, such as Provigil – nor do they stock generic alternatives.
While the English-language Vietnamese print media have reported on pharmacies routinely selling prescription drugs over the counter, these reports refer to common medicines such as antibiotics and anti-inflammatory drugs, not nootropics .
There are no reports of Modafinil being prescribed in Vietnam – nor of any pharmacy advertising either Provigil or generic medicines containing Modafinil.
We’re not aware of any Vietnamese laws regulating the use or sale of Modafinil, or any brand name or generic drug containing Modafinil on sale.
The Easy Way?
The most common way to buy Modafinil while in Vietnam is to make an online order. We've yet to see any reports or incidents of shipments being stopped by customs.
None of our favorite online Modafinil vendors have any restrictions on shipping to Vietnam either.
Members of our team have ordered Modafinil online while living in Vietnam on multiple occasions. As of yet, we’ve never had a problem getting the good stuff delivered.
In all honesty, the worst that might happen is your package gets seized by customs. In this case, you’ll be eligible for a full refund from the online Modafinil pharmacy you bought from.
But we’ve never heard of this happening.
You see, the best online Modafinil sellers guarantee their shipments to Vietnam. This means you either get your Modafinil or you get a free reshipment or a full refund. The choice is yours.
That being said, we strongly urge you to do due diligence before purchasing Modafinil online while living in Vietnam.
This starts by checking out information about pharmacy regulations provided by The National Assembly of Vietnam .
Where to Buy Modafinil in Vietnam | 2021 Guide
Now we're getting to the good stuff. Probably why you came to this article in the first place. Exactly how to get your hands on Modafinil while living in Vietnam. Luckily, it’s not too difficult these days.
As we mentioned above, there are several Modafinil pharmacies online that ship high-quality generic Modafinil to customers in Vietnam.
These vendors offer guaranteed delivery, fast shipping, and so much more. But enough of the fluff, let's take a look at where to buy Modafinil online in Vietnam:
In our opinion, Buy Moda is the single best Modafinil vendor in the business right now. You might think that's a bold statement, but we’re confident you'll feel the same after ordering from these guys.
When it comes to your experience and the value they provide, they are truly second to none. Here is a complete look at what you can expect from Buy Moda:
- Wide Variety of Products: Buy Moda excels when it comes to the wide selection of nootropics they carry. Here is a shortlist of examples to give you an idea: Modvigil, Modalert, and Artvigil. They actually have a few more than that, and they even let you order sample packs.
- Economical prices: The prices at Buy Moda are very economical. You won't go broke when you're ordering from them. For example, they give 30 free pills on orders over $150 and a 20-pill bonus on subsequent orders. Coupled with free shipping, that gives you a ton of Modafinil for a low, low price.
- A+ Customer Service: This is the most underrated aspect of Buy Moda's business. As an American-owned business staffed by Americans, they offer the best customer service of any Modafinil vendor by far. We've had nothing but fantastic experiences with their dedicated customer service team. They've always resolved any issues with speed and professionalism. You won't be disappointed.
- Money-back Guarantee: If your package is lost or seized by customs, Buy Moda will reship your order for free. If the second shipment doesn’t turn up, they’ll give you a complete refund. This adds another excellent perk to Buy Moda's already long list of benefits.
- Huge Bitcoin Discount: Buy Moda will give you 20% off your entire order, just for paying in Bitcoin – you can’t ask for more than that!
We could almost go on, but we’re sure you get the idea. Buy Moda is an awesome online Modafinil vendor. The prices are great. The service is phenomenal. The packaging is discreet. The discounts and shipping make the overall experience terrific.
They are our number one vendor for a reason. Highly recommended.
Get 15% off all Buy Moda products as a Modafinil.com reader.
Just use this code at checkout: BUYMODA#1
The other vendor we recommend is Modafinil XL. These guys first surprise you with their ridiculously comprehensive website. This should give you a hint about their level of professionalism and quality. But more than that, they earned their reputation as a high-quality vendor for Modafinil by delivering the goods with speed.
Here's a bit more of an explanation of what exactly makes them so great:
- Super Informative Website: As mentioned above, Modafinil XL has the most comprehensive website of any Modafinil vendor out there. This makes them an excellent resource for those new to nootropics and especially Modafinil. You can find out a lot of relevant information to create a more informed buying decision.
- Massive Variety of Products: If you want variety, then you'll find it in spades at Modafinil XL. You find many of the tried and true brands you would find elsewhere, but you also find some unique ones too. For example, Modalert, Modvigil, and Artvigil are all offered here. BUT, they also offer brands like Modafresh that aren't as commonly found.
- Sublingual Modafinil: Connected to the last point, Modafinil XL even offers sublingual Modafinil. We don't think this is offered by any other reputable vendors at all. If it is, we’re not aware of it — pretty cool stuff.
- Guaranteed Delivery and Fast Shipping: The average delivery time for Modafinil XL is around 7-10 days as they ship to Vietnam directly from Singapore. That's very, very good for a Modafinil vendor. You will hardly find quicker times for any other vendor shipping to Vietnam. Plus, you get GUARANTEED delivery here too — you either get Modafinil or you get your money back.
We find Modafinil XL does an excellent job overall. We've been very happy with our orders here and find the online pharmacy to be exceptionally professional.
But don’t just take our word for it – order a free sample pack and see for yourself. If you cover the $29 shipping fee, Modafinil XL will send you 10 Modafinil or Armodafinil pills absolutely free. You can see the speed of their delivery, the discreet packaging they use, and the quality of their nootropics.
Get 10% off all ModafinilXL products as a Modafinil.com reader.
Just use this code at checkout: ENJOY10OFF
Other Nootropics in Vietnam
Now you may be wondering if Modafinil is the world’s most potent smart drug, why even consider taking anything else?
The simple fact is that you shouldn’t take Modafinil more than a couple of times per week max. Doing so will cause you to build a tolerance, leading you to take increasingly higher amounts and experience more severe side effects.
That – coupled with the fact that Modafinil isn’t registered in Vietnam – means that you really should be looking for some other nootropics.
That’s why we recommend one over-the-counter Modafinil alternative for days when you aren’t taking this smart drug.
Here it is:
Mind Lab Pro
Mind Lab Pro is our go-to nootropic for days when we aren’t taking Modafinil yet still need a cognitive boost. Let's take a look at why…
When it comes to positive effects, Mind Lab Pro has far more than almost any natural nootropic out there. It’s 100% drug-free and contains 11 different ingredients that each helps boost a different part of cognition.
The most powerful natural nootropic found in Mind Lab Pro is undoubtedly Citicoline. This wonder-substance has been scientifically proven to protect the brain and prevent the onset of neurodegenerative disorders .
Citicoline’s ‘side-kick’ is Bacopa monnieri, an extremely effective nootropic that improves overall cognition . This double-whammy of Citicoline and Bacopa is one of the main reasons why Mind Lab Pro has a ‘drug-like’ effect on mood, memory, and concentration.
This powerful combo is enhanced by the addition of Lion’s Mane Mushroom, or Yamabushitake. This nootropic is completely natural yet has been proven to improve working and episodic memory in a double-blind placebo-controlled clinical trial .
Mind Lab Pro also contains a compound called Rhodiola Rosea that acts as a potent adaptogen and helps fight fatigue , while helping neuronal regeneration. This is enhanced with vitamin B12, which aids cognitive function , and B6, which is a proven mood-enhancer .
So Mind Lab Pro does more than boost cognitive performance temporarily — it helps repair and set the stage for better cognitive health going forward.
In short, Mind Lab Pro contains premium forms of these powerful nootropics, meaning they have high bioavailability and your body can use them instantly. You’ll start to feel them kick in within 30 minutes.
These ingredients help boost your ability to focus and maintain attentiveness with tedious work. In this way, Mind Lab Pro is very similar to Modafinil. But Mind Lab Pro is completely safe and has no side effects.
But it’s more than just a Modafinil-alternative – it also boosts creativity – something that Modafinil doesn’t help with. Our team all finds that we get significant improvements in our creative thoughts when we take this nootropic. It’s great for thinking outside the box and finding new ways to consider problems or tasks.
So what are the downsides?
Simply put, it won't give you the 12-15+ hours of tunnel vision like Modafinil. That needs to be said. It will give you 6-8+ hours, though. That's more than enough time to get a lot of work done, so it's extremely worthwhile.
Overall, Mind Lab Pro is our preferred alternative for a reason.
Mind Lab Pro!
Modafinil in Vietnam | The Verdict?
If you’ve been looking for information about buying Modafinil in Vietnam, hopefully, this guide gave you all the info you need to succeed.
We wanted to make it as easy as possible for anyone who wants to buy Modafinil in this country.
We've covered all the legalities, shipping questions, and we’ve even suggested a powerful prescription-free alternative.
- Young JW. Dopamine D1 and D2 receptor family contributions to modafinil-induced wakefulness. J Neurosci. 2009;29(9):2663–2665. doi:10.1523/JNEUROSCI.5843-08.2009
- How Many Silicon Valley Startup Executives Are Hopped Up On Provigil? (2008, July 15). Retrieved from https://techcrunch.com/2008/07/15/how-many-of-our-startup-executives-are-hopped-up-on-provigil/
- Modafinil (Rx). (n.d.). Retrieved from https://reference.medscape.com/drug/provigil-modafinil-343000#4
- Modafinil Side Effects. (n.d.). Retrieved from https://www.goodrx.com/modafinil/side-effects
- Zolkowska D, Jain R, Rothman RB, Partilla JS, Roth BL, Setola V, Prisinzano TE, Baumann MH. Evidence for the involvement of dopamine transporters in behavioral stimulant effects of modafinil. J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 2009 May;329(2):738-46. doi: 10.1124/jpet.108.146142. Epub 2009 Feb 5. PMID: 19197004; PMCID: PMC2672878.
- Minzenberg MJ, Carter CS. Modafinil: a review of neurochemical actions and effects on cognition. Neuropsychopharmacology. 2008 Jun;33(7):1477-502. doi: 10.1038/sj.npp.1301534. Epub 2007 Aug 22. PMID: 17712350.
- Krishnan, R., & Chary, K. V. (2015). A rare case modafinil dependence. Retrieved from https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4319252/
- In Vietnam, medical shops routinely sell prescription drugs over the counter. (2015, December 29). Retrieved from http://www.thanhniennews.com/health/in-vietnam-medical-shops-routinely-sell-prescription-drugs-over-the-counter-57519.html
- Socialist Republic of Vietnam – Ministry of Justice. (n.d.). Retrieved from https://moj.gov.vn/en/Pages/home.aspx
- Grieb P. Neuroprotective properties of citicoline: facts, doubts and unresolved issues. CNS Drugs. 2014;28(3):185-193. doi:10.1007/s40263-014-0144-8
- Kongkeaw C, Dilokthornsakul P, Thanarangsarit P, Limpeanchob N, Norman Scholfield C. Meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials on cognitive effects of Bacopa monnieri extract. J Ethnopharmacol. 2014;151(1):528-535. doi:10.1016/j.jep.2013.11.008
- Mori K, Inatomi S, Ouchi K, Azumi Y, Tuchida T. Improving effects of the mushroom Yamabushitake (Hericium erinaceus) on mild cognitive impairment: a double-blind placebo-controlled clinical trial. Phytother Res. 2009;23(3):367-372. doi:10.1002/ptr.2634
- Ishaque S, Shamseer L, Bukutu C, Vohra S. Rhodiola rosea for physical and mental fatigue: a systematic review. BMC Complement Altern Med. 2012 May 29;12:70. doi: 10.1186/1472-6882-12-70. PMID: 22643043; PMCID: PMC3541197.
- Health Quality Ontario. Vitamin B12 and cognitive function: an evidence-based analysis. Ont Health Technol Assess Ser. 2013 Nov 1;13(23):1-45. PMID: 24379897; PMCID: PMC3874776.
- Malouf R, Grimley Evans J. The effect of vitamin B6 on cognition. Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2003;(4):CD004393. doi: 10.1002/14651858.CD004393. PMID: 14584010.