This article will provide an unbiased HighStreet Pharma review and help you decide if this vendor is legitimate.
With the rise and fall of numerous online Modafinil vendors over the past decade, many smart drug users are looking for a reliable way to get their hands on this powerful nootropic.
Our extensive experience in the smart drug industry allows us to know exactly what to look for, and the folks at HighStreet Pharma do a solid job of providing their customers with high-quality Modafinil at reasonable prices.
Disclaimer: Modafinil.com does not offer medical diagnosis or treatment advice. Modafinil.com makes no claims that the products referenced can cure, treat or prevent any conditions, including any conditions referenced on its website or in print materials. Patients suffering from any of these conditions should consult their physician prior to using prescription medication. This information, including any referenced scientific or clinical research, is made available for educational purposes only. Modafinil.com makes every effort to ensure that any information it shares complies with national and international standards for clinical trial information and is committed to the timely disclosure of the design and results of all interventional clinical studies for innovative treatments publicly available or that may be made available. However, research is not considered conclusive. Always consult your healthcare provider with any questions. Statements regarding Modafinil.com products are the opinions of the individuals making them and are not necessarily the same as those of Modafinil.com..
What is Modafinil?
If you’ve just stumbled across our website for the first time, allow us to provide a quick overview of Modafinil and why it has become such a popular nootropic in recent times.
Modafinil is a type of drug known as a ‘eugeroic’ that was discovered in France in 1974. A “eugeroic” is essentially a compound that promotes “wakefulness” and prevents people from feeling tired or sleepy .
Before being released as a prescription drug, Modafinil was tested out in French troops during the first Gulf War (1990-91). Researchers noticed that when soldiers took 200 mg of the drug every 8 hours for 3 days, they performed better on cognitive tests without suffering from any major adverse effects.
Modafinil was launched in France under the brand-name ‘Modiodal’ in 1994. It was used to treat sleep-related conditions such as Shift Work Sleep Disorder, Obstructive Sleep Apnea, and Narcolepsy, a condition that causes people to suddenly fall asleep during the day .
Modafinil has been approved by the United States Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for the treatment of all three conditions, where it is sold as ‘Provigil’.
Modafinil has been widely studied and researched and has been found to have a wide range of clinical uses. These include treating conditions such as ADHD , and cocaine addiction , along with other cognitive ailments.
If Modafinil was able to provide such a high degree of wakefulness, what could it possibly do for an ordinary person looking to gain a competitive edge? Answering this question was how Modafinil's ‘off prescription’ use for cognitive enhancement became widespread.
Many high-performers on Wall Street, at Ivy League colleges, and in Silicon Valley quickly found that taking Modafinil gave them an edge over their rivals.
According to numerous testimonials from test subjects, Modafinil offers impressive benefits from a mental performance standpoint:
- Improved overall cognition
- Faster mental processing
- Increased memory retention
- Heightened focus
- Increased overall work output
- Zero feelings of fatigue
Before long, Modafinil quickly became the most popular nootropic in the world, surpassing widely-used alternatives such as caffeine and Adderall. Numerous scientific studies showed that it has a powerful effect on cognitive and ‘meta-cognitive’ performance .
If Modafinil seems too good to be true, here’s how it works. The lack of fatigue comes from the way that Modafinil causes histamine levels to rise . With most histamine, the mind is basically ‘lit up’ and alert. This makes it easier to focus and concentrate on work or study for over 12 hours .
The improvements in mood, memory, and cognition mostly come from increased levels of dopamine. Modafinil inhibits the reuptake of dopamine, so levels of this neurotransmitter rise way above normal . You feel better, can remember facts more quickly and accurately, and generally form better while working or studying .
Modafinil Side Effects and Safety Concerns
According to the Modafinil research studies currently published, there is very little concern about adverse side effects or its safety :
“Modafinil is generally a well-tolerated stimulant. The most commonly reported adverse effects of modafinil (less than 10% of users) are a headache, nausea, and decreased appetite. Other commonly reported adverse effects (5% to 10% of users) include anxiety, insomnia, dizziness, diarrhea, and rhinitis.
…Case reports of modafinil overdose/toxicity are rare. Clinical manifestations of modafinil overdose are relatively mild but may include hypertension, tachycardia, agitation, and/or psychosis.”
In the majority of cases, lowering the dose of Modafinil or abstaining from it for a few days is sufficient to make the side effects disappear.
However, if you notice any of these side effects lasting for more than a few days, please speak to a medical professional immediately.
If you are pregnant you should not take Modafinil, as studies have linked its use to birth defects .
The only other major side effect worth noting is Modafinil's interaction with birth control methods :
“Provigil can make certain birth control less effective. Hormonal contraception (birth control pills, injections, implants, skin patches, and vaginal rings) may not be effective enough to prevent pregnancy during your treatment.”
Any woman using birth control pills or in the stage of breastfeeding their baby should speak with a doctor before using Modafinil.
Who is HighStreet Pharma?
HighStreet Pharma is an international online pharmacy based in the United States that is best known for offering an extremely wide range of nootropics pharmaceutical products for sale at cheap prices.
They have not been in business as long as other vendors currently in existence, yet have nevertheless established a fairly positive reputation for themselves
On TrustPilot.com, they currently hold a rating of 4.5/5 stars and an “Excellent” rating with a total of 110 independent reviews .
In addition to selling various brands of Modafinil, HighStreet Pharma offers products in categories such as skin care, hair loss, erectile dysfunction, and many more.
However, this review will exclusively focus on the vendor with regards to buying generic Modafinil and Armodafinil. Therefore, we cannot vouch for HighStreetPharma when it comes to the quality of their other non-nootropic products.
Generic Modafinil Brands Available
HighStreet Pharma does not currently offer a wide range of cognitive enhancement products.
At the time of writing this review, they sell two Modafinil products (generic versions of “Provigil”):
They also sell two Armodafinil products (generic versions of “Nuvigil”):
These four smart drugs offer all the same cognitive benefits as brand-name drugs, at a fraction of the cost.
Modalert and Modvigil offer the same experience you’d get if you were to take brand-name Provigil. We know this because we have tested both of these products and can assure you of their potency.
HighStreet Pharma Review | Pros and Cons
To provide an unbiased review of HighStreet Pharma, we investigated the entire customer experience from start to finish when ordering Modafinil.
This included a complete examination of the website, the cart checkout process, and the shipment to our location.
The purpose of this section is to provide you with a comprehensive overview of where HighStreet Pharma succeeds and where improvements are necessary
Let's dive in and see exactly what HighStreet Pharma does well — and where they fall short.
HighStreet Pharma | Advantages
HighStreetPharma | Disadvantages
Countries HighStreet Pharma Doesn't Ship to?
Whenever we recommend an online Modafinil vendor, the most common question we get is whether said vendor ships to their country.
HighStreet Pharma has a full list of the countries they do NOT ship to on their website. For your convenience, we have included the list below :
Austria, Algeria, Armenia, Belgium, Brazil, China, Croatia, Czech, Denmark, Germany, Israel, Iceland, India, Indonesia, Italy, Japan, Jordan, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Poland, Russia, Norway, Saudi Arabia, Serbia, Sweden, Taiwan, Hungary, Israel, Pakistan, South Africa or the United Arab Emirates
If you live anywhere else in the world, you can order Modafinil online from HighStreet Pharma.
What to Buy Here?
If you're looking to get nootropics on the cheap, then we highly recommended checking out HighStreet Pharma.
As for what generic nootropic product to select, we have you covered.
After testing dozens upon dozens of different nootropics over the years, we are uniquely positioned to give you the lowdown on the best products and help you find what you need to succeed.
If you're looking for the absolute best generic Modafinil product available, we strongly recommend sticking with Modalert.
Modalert is a potent and powerful nootropic that offers over 12 hours of cognitive enhancement and elevated focus.
If you are looking to save money when buying Modafinil online, the cheapest form of generic Modafinil available is Modvigil.
Modvigil is a solid product and offers great cognitive enhancement. However, if the two drugs are compared based on efficacy alone, our test subjects have overwhelmingly preferred Modalert.
HighStreet Pharma | Overall Verdict
If there is one thing to take away from this HighStreet Pharma review, it's this:
They do a solid job of shipping high-quality generic Modafinil to many countries around the world.
While there are many Modafinil pharmacies currently in business, HighStreet does a great job offering some of the cheapest prices in the industry.
You'll also find the customer service staff does a solid job, as many of their employees have years of experience working in the smart drugs industry.
- Billiard M, Broughton R. Modafinil: its discovery, the early European and North American experience in the treatment of narcolepsy and idiopathic hypersomnia, and its subsequent use in other medical conditions. Sleep Med. 2018;49:69‐72. doi:10.1016/j.sleep.2018.05.027
- Ballon JS, Feifel D. A systematic review of modafinil: Potential clinical uses and mechanisms of action. J Clin Psychiatry. 2006;67(4):554‐566. doi:10.4088/jcp.v67n0406
- Biederman J, Swanson JM, Wigal SB, Boellner SW, Earl CQ, Lopez FA; Modafinil ADHD Study Group. A comparison of once-daily and divided doses of modafinil in children with attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder: a randomized, double-blind, and placebo-controlled study. J Clin Psychiatry. 2006 May;67(5):727-35. doi: 10.4088/jcp.v67n0506. PMID: 16841622.
- Dackis CA, Kampman KM, Lynch KG, Pettinati HM, O'Brien CP. A double-blind, placebo-controlled trial of modafinil for cocaine dependence. Neuropsychopharmacology. 2005 Jan;30(1):205-11. doi: 10.1038/sj.npp.1300600. PMID: 15525998.
- Baranski JV, Pigeau R, Dinich P, Jacobs I. Effects of modafinil on cognitive and meta-cognitive performance. Hum Psychopharmacol. 2004 Jul;19(5):323-32. doi: 10.1002/hup.596. PMID: 15252824.
- Ishizuka T, Sakamoto Y, Sakurai T, Yamatodani A. Modafinil increases histamine release in the anterior hypothalamus of rats. Neurosci Lett. 2003;339(2):143-146. doi:10.1016/s0304-3940(03)00006-5
- Brown RE, Stevens DR, Haas HL. The physiology of brain histamine. Prog Neurobiol. 2001;63(6):637-672. doi:10.1016/s0301-0082(00)00039-3
- Zolkowska D, Jain R, Rothman RB, Partilla JS, Roth BL, Setola V, Prisinzano TE, Baumann MH. Evidence for the involvement of dopamine transporters in behavioral stimulant effects of modafinil. J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 2009 May;329(2):738-46. doi: 10.1124/jpet.108.146142. Epub 2009 Feb 5. PMID: 19197004; PMCID: PMC2672878.
- Minzenberg MJ, Carter CS. Modafinil: a review of neurochemical actions and effects on cognition. Neuropsychopharmacology. 2008 Jun;33(7):1477-502. doi: 10.1038/sj.npp.1301534. Epub 2007 Aug 22. PMID: 17712350.
- com. 2020. Modafinil: Indications, Side Effects, Warnings – Drugs.Com. [online] Available at: <https://www.drugs.com/cdi/modafinil.html> [Accessed 25 October 2020].
- gc.ca. 2020. ALERTEC (Modafinil) And The Risk Of Congenital Anomalies – Recalls And Safety Alerts. [online] Available at: <https://healthycanadians.gc.ca/recall-alert-rappel-avis/hc-sc/2019/70201a-eng.php#:~:text=ALERTEC%20(modafinil%20100%20mg%20tablets,a%20circadian%20rhythm%20sleep%20disorder).> [Accessed 3 October 2020].
- com. 2020. Provigil: Uses, Dosage, Side Effects, Warnings – Drugs.Com. [online] Available at: <https://www.drugs.com/provigil.html> [Accessed 25 October 2020].
- 2020. Highstreetpharma Is Rated “Excellent” With 4.6 / 5 On Trustpilot. [online] Available at: <https://ca.trustpilot.com/review/highstreetpharma.com> [Accessed 25 October 2020].
- com. 2020. Bitcoins And Offers | Online Pharmacy | Fast Delivery |. [online] Available at: <https://highstreetpharma.com/how-to-buy-bitcoins/> [Accessed 25 October 2020].
- com. 2020. Shipping Options And Bonus Pills | Fast Delivery | Online Pharmacy | Fast Delivery |. [online] Available at: <https://highstreetpharma.com/shipping-options-and-bonus-pills/> [Accessed 25 October 2020].