Looking for a thorough and reliable Modaheal review before you purchase? Look no further.
Modaheal is a generic version of modafinil and has been around since 2017. Much like its better-known relative, Modaheal is frequently used as a nootropic, or a cognition booster.
There are several different generic versions of modafinil — like Modaheal, Modalert and Modvigil.
Then there are related compounds like armodafinil and flmodafinil. And then there are the so-called natural nootropics, like Mind Lab Pro and Qualia Mind … for a nootropics beginner, it can get overwhelming, quickly.
That’s why we’ve scoured the Internet and the scientific literature to compile this informative review of Modaheal — including what it is, how it works, potential side effects and dosing.
Here’s what you need to know about Modaheal.
Get 10% off all ModafinilXL products as a Modafinil.com reader.
Just use this code at checkout: ENJOY10OFF
What Is Modaheal?
Modaheal is a generic version of modafinil, a prescription wakefulness agent that’s commonly prescribed for conditions like sleep apnea, depression and attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) .
It’s manufactured by Healing Pharma, a pharmaceutical company based in Mumbai, India. It’s also relatively new on the scene, having only been available since 2017.
Like other versions of modafinil, Modaheal is available in 200 mg tablets. However, it’s also offered in 100 mg tablets.
As a generic version of modafinil, it boasts the same, impressive benefits that have reportedly made Modafinil a wildly popular nootropic.
Although originally developed as a wakefulness agent to help shift workers or people with sleep disorders stay awake, it was quickly discovered that Modafinil also offers a number of cognitive benefits. To that end, there are actually more Modafinil prescriptions given for off-label uses like multiple sclerosis, depression and ADHD than for the original indications of sleep apnea, narcolepsy and shift work sleep disorder .
One interesting study involving MRI brain scans of healthy seniors noted that modafinil use actually strengthened some connections between different areas of the brain, which may help explain how modafinil acts on the brain . These unexpected brain-boosting effects have also made Modafinil a highly sought after nootropic, or cognition-enhancing drug.
- Long-lasting energy. In human trials, modafinil has been successfully used to reduce fatigue in people with a variety of disease states, like cancer and Parkinson’s disease [6, 7]. Researchers have also found that receiving modafinil after anesthesia may help patients feel more awake, and that it can also reduce fatigue in stroke sufferers [8, 9]. Finally, it’s also been used to successfully promote alertness in sleep-deprived fighter pilots .
- Heightened focus and decision-making. A trial in healthy adults noted that taking a single 200 mg dose of modafinil improved planning and decision making .
- Capacity to improve memory. This same study noted improvements to spatial working memory and pattern recognition following modafinil administration . A similar study assessed the effects of a single 200 mg dose of modafinil on depressed adults, and noted that it was able to improve their performance on memory tests .
- Capacity to enhance mood. A review of six randomized controlled trials that investigated the potential role of modafinil in depression found that modafinil was an effective way to complement existing depression therapies. The use of modafinil for depression and bipolar depression helped significantly reduce fatigue, improve depression scores and increase remission rates. Additionally, modafinil use resulted in the same side effects as placebo use .
Modaheal Side Effects
As a generic version of modafinil, it has the same potential side effects. The U.S. National Library of Medicine lists all of the following as potential side effects of the drug :
- difficulty falling asleep or staying asleep
- loss of appetite
- unusual tastes
- dry mouth
- excessive thirst
- tight muscles or difficulty moving
- back pain
- uncontrollable shaking of a part of your body
- burning, tingling, or numbness of the skin
- difficulty seeing or eye pain”
They also list the following severe side effects:
- peeling skin
- mouth sores
- difficulty breathing or swallowing
- swelling of the face, throat, tongue, lips, eyes, hands, feet, ankles, or lower legs
- chest pain
- fast, pounding, or irregular heartbeat
- frenzied, abnormally excited mood
- hallucinating (seeing things or hearing voices that do not exist)
- thinking about killing or harming yourself”
Anyone who experiences severe symptoms should stop using Modaheal (modafinil) immediately and contact their healthcare professional.
You should also avoid using Modaheal if you’re under the age of 18, pregnant or breastfeeding. It should not be combined with alcohol, illicit drugs or other stimulant or depressant agents.
Finally, it may interact with a number of medications. Following consultation with their healthcare provider, readers should closely review the list of potential interactions on the U.S. National Library of Medicine website before deciding to take Modaheal.
Where To Buy Modaheal Online? | 2022 Guide
In our opinion, the best place to purchase Modaheal online is through a vendor called Modafinil XL.
They offer both Modaheal 100 mg and Modaheal 200 mg tablets, and you can buy as few as 10 tablets or up to 500 tablets at once.
Prices in USD range from about $1-$3 per tablet, with lower prices for larger volume purchases.
Modafinil XL also offers worldwide shipping. Standard shipping is $29 USD (free with an $80+ purchase), and express shipping is $38 USD (free with a $180+ purchase). Their packaging is professional and they offer a secure payment system. You can also get a 20% discount if you pay with Bitcoin.
For these reasons, we highly recommend ordering Modaheal exclusively from Modafinil XL.
Is Modaheal Legal?
As a generic version of modafinil, Modaheal is a legal prescription drug in the United States. It’s classified as a Schedule IV drug, meaning it has medical uses and a low potential for abuse .
Modafinil’s legal and regulatory status varies from country to country. In the vast majority of countries, private individuals are able to import personal quantities of modafinil pursuant to a valid prescription.
To date, we have not heard of a single incident of an individual in the Western world being arrested or formally charged for purchasing modafinil online.
Of course, you should still take care to understand your country’s laws surrounding the use of Modafinil, before purchasing.
How Long Does Modaheal Take To Work?
Many people report that they can feel the cognitive effects of modafinil about 30 minutes to 1 hour after taking it. This can vary from person to person depending on several factors.
Having food on your stomach can slow down the rate at which Modaheal and other medications are absorbed, but some people have reported stomach irritation after taking it on an empty stomach. That’s why we personally take it with a small snack .
If you’re overweight or obese, you may also notice that it takes longer to feel any different after taking Modaheal, or that the effects of the drugs are less powerful compared to others’ experiences with a similar dose .
Your unique body composition and chemistry will also have an effect on how long the drug lasts in your system. According to one Reddit user, Modaheal is:
“Not strong as Modalert and peak hour is about 3 to max 5. There aren't side effects.”
Importantly, though, most nootropics users have found that the nootropics they use have the best results when they’re also following a healthy lifestyle — including eating balanced meals, exercising regularly and getting enough sleep. Says one Redditor in the same thread:
“I don’t mean to be that guy, but are you taking care of yourself in regards to exercise, sleep, and diet?
I’ve felt like noots were failing me in the past, but my diet was straight garbage and I never did any exercise.
If you’ve already gotten all of that in check, then I really don’t know what to recommend. Otherwise, I’d recommend getting your gut health sorted to properly absorb nutrients, taking a brisk 30 min walk 4-5 times a week, resistance training at least twice a week (at home body weight workouts are a good start), and eating 60% veggies, 30% meat, and 10% everything else.
After following that regimen (most days) for 2 weeks, I felt so much better. After that, my noots felt like they were elevating me to a higher level instead of just trying to get me back up to baseline.”
In our experience, these healthy lifestyle changes are key for a healthy baseline brain function, and the addition of a prudent nootropic protocol is like “icing on the cake.”
Modaheal Dosage and Tolerance
Modaheal is available in 100 mg and 200 mg tablets.
The standard prescription dose to help promote wakefulness in people with sleep disorders is 200 mg daily.
However, users of modafinil as a nootropic report taking doses of anywhere from 50 mg per day to 300 mg per day.
According to several anecdotal reports, Modaheal is not as potent as other generic modafinil brands when it comes to cognitive enhancement. One Redditor even claims that they felt little to nothing from taking up to 600 mg of Modaheal daily, while 50 mg of Modvigil had a profound and immediate effect on them.
To be clear: we definitely DON’T advise taking doses that high of Modaheal, though, even if you don’t feel anything.
With these drugs it is always best to err on the side of caution. We personally start with a low dose only a few times each week and consistently self-monitor for side effects or reactions before deciding to make any changes.
For more information on how nootropics users have chosen the doses that work best for them, check out our modafinil dosage guide.
Modaheal vs. Modalert vs. Modvigil vs. Provigil
Four widely available modafinil products are Modaheal, Modalert, Modvigil and Provigil.
Provigil is actually the original brand name version of modafinil. It’s owned by Cephalon, Inc. This form of modafinil is not widely used by nootropics enthusiasts.
Instead, nootropics users generally turn to the generic alternatives because they are often less expensive and easier to source, while containing the same active ingredient (modafinil).
Modvigil is an extremely popular choice with nootropics users. It’s manufactured by HAB Pharma and is actually specifically formulated to be the least expensive generic modafinil product on the market, according to Modafinil XL. It’s also far and away the best-selling modafinil product they offer.
Modalert is similar. It’s another generic modafinil product. Although it’s slightly more expensive than Modvigil, it’s comparable in price to Modaheal. According to anecdotal reports and based on our experiences, it provides the most powerful nootropic effects of any generic modafinil.
Modvigil and Modalert are only available to purchase in 200 mg tablet form from Modafinil XL.
And while Modaheal contains the same active ingredient and is also available as a 100 mg tablet, we actually prefer Modalert and Modvigil over Modaheal and even Provigil. Here’s why:
- Pricing. While Modaheal runs between $1 to $3 USD per tablet, Modalert can be as low as $0.90 per tablet if you’re purchasing in bulk. And a bulk purchase of Modvigil — a bestseller at Modafinil XL and a favorite among nootropics users — can cost as little as $0.80 per tablet.
- Reputation. Modaheal’s reputation just isn’t where it needs to be yet. It’s only been available since 2017, and the pharmaceutical company that manufactures it — Healing Pharma based in Mumbai, India — appears to have only been operating for a little over 10 years. On the other hand, HAB Pharma (manufacturers of Modvigil) has been operating since 1980, and Sun Pharma (manufacturers of Modalert) since 1983.
- Potency/effectiveness. As we mentioned above, one nootropics user on Reddit stated that extremely high doses of Modaheal seemed to have no effect on them — especially compared to a low dose of Modvigil. And this seems to be a fairly common theme among anecdotal reports from users on Reddit and other websites. We can’t explain why this might be, but it seems like most people get more consistent, noticeable results from Modvigil and Modalert.
Modaheal Review | Verdict?
Modaheal is a generic version of modafinil that’s been available since 2017. It’s made by Healing Pharma of Mumbai, India, and is available in 100 mg or 200 mg tablets.
Theoretically, it has the same cognition-boosting benefits as other modafinil products, although some users report that Modaheal seems less effective and less potent than other products like Modvigil.
In our experience, the best place to buy Modaheal online is Modafinil XL. They offer bulk purchasing discounts that can bring the price of Modaheal down to as little as $1 per tablet.
However, we actually prefer Modvigil and Modalert over Modaheal for three reasons. Modalert and Modvigil are both less expensive than Modaheal, especially if you’re buying in large quantities.
What’s more, the pharmaceutical companies that manufacture Modalert and Modvigil have been around since the 1980s and have built up more trustworthy reputations than Healing Pharma.
Finally, some users have noted that they don’t get many benefits from Modaheal when compared to other generic modafinil products. Although this varies from person-to-person, we’ve noticed the general trend in what people are saying on Reddit and other places online.
In conclusion, Modaheal appears to be a solid choice if you’re looking for a generic modafinil, but you may get a better value and better results from others, like Modalert or Modvigil.
- Peñaloza RA, Sarkar U, Claman DM, Omachi TA. Trends in on-label and off-label modafinil use in a nationally representative sample. JAMA Intern Med. 2013;173(8):704-706. doi:10.1001/jamainternmed.2013.2807
- Punzi M, Gili T, Petrosini L, Caltagirone C, Spalletta G, Sensi SL. Modafinil-Induced Changes in Functional Connectivity in the Cortex and Cerebellum of Healthy Elderly Subjects. Front Aging Neurosci. 2017;9:85. Published 2017 Mar 30. doi:10.3389/fnagi.2017.00085
- Minzenberg MJ, Carter CS. Modafinil: a review of neurochemical actions and effects on cognition. Neuropsychopharmacology. 2008;33(7):1477-1502. doi:10.1038/sj.npp.1301534
- Kredlow MA, Keshishian A, Oppenheimer S, Otto MW. The Efficacy of Modafinil as a Cognitive Enhancer: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis. J Clin Psychopharmacol. 2019;39(5):455-461. doi:10.1097/JCP.0000000000001085
- Repantis D, Schlattmann P, Laisney O, Heuser I. Modafinil and methylphenidate for neuroenhancement in healthy individuals: A systematic review. Pharmacol Res. 2010;62(3):187-206. doi:10.1016/j.phrs.2010.04.002
- Conley CC, Kamen CS, Heckler CE, et al. Modafinil Moderates the Relationship Between Cancer-Related Fatigue and Depression in 541 Patients Receiving Chemotherapy. J Clin Psychopharmacol. 2016;36(1):82-85. doi:10.1097/JCP.0000000000000442
- Tyne HL, Taylor J, Baker GA, Steiger MJ. Modafinil for Parkinson's disease fatigue. J Neurol. 2010;257(3):452-456. doi:10.1007/s00415-009-5351-8
- Galvin E, Boesjes H, Hol J, Ubben JF, Klein J, Verbrugge SJ. Modafinil reduces patient-reported tiredness after sedation/analgesia but does not improve patient psychomotor skills. Acta Anaesthesiol Scand. 2010;54(2):154-161. doi:10.1111/j.1399-6576.2009.02093.x
- Visser MM, Maréchal B, Goodin P, et al. Predicting Modafinil-Treatment Response in Poststroke Fatigue Using Brain Morphometry and Functional Connectivity. Stroke. 2019;50(3):602-609. doi:10.1161/STROKEAHA.118.023813
- Caldwell JA, Caldwell JL, Smith JK, Brown DL. Modafinil's effects on simulator performance and mood in pilots during 37 h without sleep. Aviat Space Environ Med. 2004;75(9):777-784.
- Müller U, Rowe JB, Rittman T, Lewis C, Robbins TW, Sahakian BJ. Effects of modafinil on non-verbal cognition, task enjoyment and creative thinking in healthy volunteers. Neuropharmacology. 2013;64(5):490-495. doi:10.1016/j.neuropharm.2012.07.009
- Kaser M, Deakin JB, Michael A, et al. Modafinil Improves Episodic Memory and Working Memory Cognition in Patients With Remitted Depression: A Double-Blind, Randomized, Placebo-Controlled Study. Biol Psychiatry Cogn Neurosci Neuroimaging. 2017;2(2):115-122. doi:10.1016/j.bpsc.2016.11.009
- Goss AJ, Kaser M, Costafreda SG, Sahakian BJ, Fu CH. Modafinil augmentation therapy in unipolar and bipolar depression: a systematic review and meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials. J Clin Psychiatry. 2013;74(11):1101-1107. doi:10.4088/JCP.13r08560
- U.S. National Library of Medicine. Modafinil. MedlinePlus website. February 15, 2016. https://medlineplus.gov/druginfo/meds/a602016.html
- Department of Justice. Schedules of controlled substances: placement of modafinil into Schedule IV. Published January 27, 1999. https://www.deadiversion.usdoj.gov/fed_regs/rules/1999/fr0127.htm
- Deng J, Zhu X, Chen Z, et al. A Review of Food-Drug Interactions on Oral Drug Absorption. Drugs. 2017;77(17):1833-1855. doi:10.1007/s40265-017-0832-z
- Smit C, De Hoogd S, Brüggemann RJM, Knibbe CAJ. Obesity and drug pharmacology: a review of the influence of obesity on pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic parameters. Expert Opin Drug Metab Toxicol. 2018;14(3):275-285. doi:10.1080/17425255.2018.1440287