Are you interested in finding out how to buy Modafinil in Argentina these days?
Well, that's precisely what this guide is all about.
Below you'll find everything you need to know about buying Modafinil in Argentina, from its legal status to prescriptions and the best places to buy it. We'll even touch on which other nootropics are worth buying.
But for those looking for a quick fix…
If you're looking for more detailed information about legalities and prescriptions, then simply keep on reading this in-depth guide.
All you need to know can be found below.
What Is Modafinil?
We think this is the most logical place to start: what is Modafinil?
Well, it's the best nootropic in the world, for one. But it goes by many names. You may have heard it described as a ‘smart’ drug or even a ‘study’ drug. So what, exactly, is it?
Modafinil was discovered in France in the mid-1970s and developed as a treatment for narcolepsy, a condition that causes people to feel drowsy during the daytime. Initial clinical trials showed Modafinil to be a powerful ‘eugeroic’, which means a ‘wakefulness-promoting’ agent . It was released in France in the early 1990s and received US FDA approval in 1998.
During the early 2000s, Modafinil’s clinical usage expanded significantly. Besides narcolepsy, it was used to treat a range of conditions such as Shift Work Sleep Disorder , sleep apnea, Attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) , and even amphetamine withdrawal .
Quite simply, Modafinil is an extremely versatile drug, but none of this explains how it became known as the real-life “Limitless” pill.
To understand this, we need to look a little into how Modafinil works. It causes levels of histamine and dopamine in the brain to shoot up far beyond normal levels. The histamine creates a profound sense of alertness while suppressing any sense of tiredness or fatigue . The dopamine, meanwhile, has a strong effect on mood and dramatically improves short-term memory . Together, elevated levels of both histamine and dopamine make it much easier to focus and concentrate on work, study, or any task, for hours on end .
These benefits make Modafinil extremely interesting to anyone who needs to log brutal hours for their work or study. Almost every entrepreneur, grad student, hustler, CEO, and Wall Street trader worth their salt has either used or at least heard of, Modafinil. It’s a wonder-drug that offers anyone a serious edge.
We’re talking benefits like:
- 12+ hours of insane focus .
- Unparalleled motivation.
- Greatly reduced fatigue .
- Increased mental ability.
- Greater memory retention .
Those benefits are why Modafinil is the go-to nootropic for anyone looking to get more out of themselves. It takes your standard work ethic and gives it a solid tune-up.
Modafinil won't do your work for you, but it will enable you to push yourself harder than you would otherwise be able to. It’s as legit as it gets when it comes to “hacking” your mental performance.
Modafinil Side Effects and Safety
There's no question that Modafinil can do wonders for your life, but it's also true that it has a range of documented side effects that you should be aware of .
- Abdominal pain
- Upset stomach
There are a couple of reasons why these side effects may be occurring, barring the experience of first-time users who are unfamiliar with how Modafinil “feels”.
First off, make sure you are taking the RIGHT amount of Modafinil. We recommend no more than 200 mg of Modafinil per day, and no more than 2-3 times per week.
Next, you want to ensure that any supplements or medications you are taking do not interact adversely with Modafinil.
Finally, it may be the case that you have a pre-existing condition that could lead to an adverse event with Modafinil .
For example, people with high blood pressure may find that Modafinil further increases their blood pressure. And individuals with psychiatric problems may find that Modafinil amplifies said problems. In other words, a person who has anxiety by default may experience more pronounced anxiety when they take Modafinil.
Before we wrap up and move to the next section, just a friendly warning about Modafinil addiction and dependence. Modafinil is generally considered to be non-addictive, but it’s a prescription medicine in most countries because it presents a low risk of dependence.
You see, just like any drug that increases dopamine, Modafinil may be harmful if taken in extremely high doses for prolonged periods . That’s why we recommend taking it no more than three times per week. This will help you avoid becoming dependent on the drug.
Just things for you to consider. As always, consult with a medical professional if you are unsure whether Modafinil is safe for you to take, and remember, we aren’t medical professionals and this isn’t medical advice.
Is Modafinil Legal in Argentina?
Now, we’re not lawyers or legal scholars, but that's a difficult question to answer. Why? Because Modafinil falls under a bit of a legal ‘grey area’ in Argentina.
Here’s the deal…
Modafinil is a prescription drug in Argentina. You can buy it from a pharmacy, but only if you have a prescription from a doctor. The name brand Modafinil you'll find in Argentina is known as ‘Vigicer’, and it requires a prescription .
But here’s the thing…
Once you get outside Buenos Aires, you may find small, independent pharmacies willing to sell prescription drugs like Modafinil over the counter. This is commonplace throughout Latin America, even in developed countries like Argentina.
Technically, this is illegal. But for the most part, the laws go unenforced. Argentinian police simply don’t have the budget to tackle the unauthorized use of prescription medicines. They have bigger fish to fry.
While you should be able to walk into a pharmacy and buy Modafinil, the problem is that very few pharmacies actually stock Modafinil. We found it extremely difficult to source Modafinil from pharmacies in Argentina.
Luckily, there’s an easier option: buy some generic Modafinil online and get it shipped to your doorstep!
The generic brands you’ll find online are just as good as name brand Modafinil from a pharmacy. Many high-quality vendors ship generic Modafinil to Argentina, so this is often the better option for people looking to get their hands on this drug.
And that’s exactly what we’ll be discussing in-depth below.
How to Get a Modafinil Prescription in Argentina
To qualify for a prescription for Modafinil in Argentina, you must first be diagnosed with narcolepsy or a similar sleep-related disorder. It’s that simple.
If you’re tempted to try and convince a doctor you have a sleep disorder, be warned: doctors will ask for tests before making a diagnosis, and then the truth will come out. You’ll just end up wasting your time and money.
But there’s another reason why trying to get a prescription for Modafinil isn’t worth it:
Buying Modafinil online is MUCH cheaper than buying from a pharmacy in Argentina. The generic brands you’ll find online are identical to brand-name products, yet around 10x cheaper. That's it!
Trust us: you're not missing out on anything. Members of our team have had prescriptions for brand-name Modafinil like Modiodal and Provigil before and the generics work just the same. Online Modafinil vendors will ship you legit generic Modafinil for cheap and without any major issues.
Let's take a deeper dive into that…
Where to Buy Modafinil Online in Argentina | 2022 Guide
Argentinians are in luck. Many online Modafinil vendors serve Argentina. Argentinian customs aren't exactly strict, so you have plenty of options. We’ll lay out our top-two favorite vendors here.
Both of our recommended vendors offer a tremendous variety of products. They both have excellent customer service and sell legit Modafinil at very reasonable prices.
Without further ado, here's where to buy Modafinil online in Argentina:
Buy Moda has a well-earned reputation for its overall excellence. They are strong in all areas. Everything from the quality of their nootropics to their customer service, to their shipping policies, are fantastic.
Here's what you can expect:
- High-Quality Products: Buy Moda carries an excellent selection of the best generic Modafinil brands including Modalert, and Modvigil. You’re bound to find something that suits you when you shop with these guys.
- FREE Shipping on Orders over $100: One nice perk of Buy Moda is that they offer free shipping on all orders over $100. A nice way to save a little extra.
- Fantastic Customer Service: The customer service at Buy Moda is by far the best out of any vendor we’ve ever reviewed. All of their support specialists are American, so they can answer any question punctually and with the utmost professionalism. Oh, and they also have chatbots for 24/7 responses to general inquiries.
- Guaranteed Delivery: If your order fails to show up on time, Buy Moda will give you a free reshipment, no questions asked. If the second delivery isn’t successful, you’ll get a FULL refund. That’s what we call fair.
- Discreet Packaging: If you live with your parents or noisy housemates, you may be worried that your Modafinil habit becomes an open secret. Fortunately, all Buy Moda's products arrive in discreet packaging, so you won't have to worry about anyone getting into your business.
- Great Discounts and Varied Payment Options: The prices offered at Buy Moda are very affordable. When you spend more than $150, you’ll get 30 free pills and you’ll also get 20% extra pills on your next order. You can also get 20% off by paying with Bitcoin and another 10% off with the code ‘BUYMODA#1’.
As you can see, Buy Moda excels in just about every area. They offer great products, free shipping, discreet packaging, and enough deals to make your order downright cheap. In fact, if you order 100 Modalert pills for $169, use the discount code — BUYMODA#1 — and then pay with Bitcoin, you’ll get 130 pills for a little over $121.
Buy Moda offers a great experience and you’ll more than get your money's worth when you shop here. This is the best place to buy Modafinil online in Argentina. Period.
Get 15% off all Buy Moda products as a Modafinil.com reader.
Just use this code at checkout: BUYMODA#1
Modafinil XL comes in second place for one simple reason: their 10%-off coupon can’t be used in conjunction with other discounts. But this minor difference aside, they offer almost identical benefits to Buy Moda!
In some areas, dare we say, they even excel – especially if you are a newbie and just want to test Modafinil for the first time.
Let us explain…
- FREE Trial Pack: If you’ve never taken Modafinil before, you may simply want to test it before buying a large order. Well, that’s why Modafinil XL offers a nifty trial pack. They’ll send you 10 Modafinil pills absolutely free, all they ask is that you cover the $29 shipping fee. Try them all and see how they work for you!
- Guaranteed Delivery: Modafinil XL offers free reships and refunds as required, just like Buy Moda.
- Free Shipping on Orders over $80: You read that right – shipping is free when you spend over $80. This gets converted into free express shipping when you buy more than $150.
- 20% Bitcoin Discount: Yes, you’ll get 20% off your entire order when you pay with Bitcoin at this vendor. That’s reason enough to get into crypto if you haven’t done so already if you ask us!
- HUGE Product Selection: One area that Modafinil XL excels in is the breadth of their product range. They offer FIVE different Modafinil products: Modalert, Modvigil, Modafresh, Modaheal, and Indian MD. This last one – MD – is actually a sublingual product that kicks in VERY fast. It’s odeal if you’re looking for that ‘Limitless’ experience.
- Informative Website: The other way that Modafinil XL really sets itself apart is its website. It’s awesome! If you’re new to the world of nootropics, you’ll find tons of great info about smart drugs here.
Overall, there is a lot to love about Modafinil XL. You can't go wrong with them. The only downside is that they’re a little pricier than Buy Moda. Other than that, they have many great benefits.
Get 10% off all ModafinilXL products as a Modafinil.com reader.
Just use this code at checkout: ENJOY10OFF
‘Brand Name' Armodafinil and Modafinil in Argentina
As we explained above, very few pharmacies in Argentina stock Modafinil. If you do find a pharmacy with some in stock, the most common brand-name products that you’ll find are:
- Vigicer (Modafinil)
In case you were wondering, Armodafinil is a newer version of Modafinil. It has a longer half-life and is more potent, but comes in smaller 150mg pills (compared with standard 200mg Modafinil pills).
When you shop online, you won’t find brand names like Vigicer, Provigil, or Nuvigil. Instead, you’ll find generic Modafinil products such as:
Yes, there are other brands, like Modafresh, Modaheal, and Indian MD, but the ones listed above are the biggest brands. The good news is that the generic brands are every bit as good as the brand name products. Our team has extensive experience with both generic and brand-name Modafinil and can confirm that all those generic brands offer insane cognitive benefits.
Modalert is our favorite, but we recommend you figure out which one you prefer — which tends to be based on your body and brain chemistry. So a little testing tends to help sort things out. Order a sample pack and see how you get on!
Of course, you won't have any problem importing generic Modafinil into Argentina. It’s not a narcotic and both of our recommended vendors know exactly how to get their shipments to sail through customs.
The absolute worst-case scenario? You might lose a shipment at customs. But you won't be arrested for buying Modafinil online. You truly have NO RISK when ordering smart drugs in Argentina.
Still, some of you may want an over-the-counter Modafinil alternative.
After all, we recommend that you take Modafinil no more than three times per week. It’s great to have another nootropic to take on your ‘off’ days when you still want to get some serious work done.
So here is our favorite nootropic that you can buy without a prescription:
Mind Lab Pro
Mind Lab Pro is a super-comprehensive natural nootropic that offers Modafinil-like benefits with none of the side effects.
It’s a dietary supplement, not a pharmaceutical. All of its 11 ingredients are safe, natural, and backed by extensive research.
Some of its most potent ingredients are:
- Bacopa Monnieri, which boosts memory retention, learning ability, and brain processing .
- N-Acetyl L-Tyrosine, which offers advanced neuroprotection and helps keep the brain healthy when it's under stress.
- Lion's Mane Mushroom, a natural nootropic that improves mood, energy, and short-term memory .
Together, these ingredients do everything from boosting performance to clearing out brain toxins and setting the stage for neuronal development.
Mind Lab Pro is legit.
The only downside?
It lasts for *just* 6 hours. While this isn’t the 12+ hours that Modafinil lasts for, it’s still plenty long enough to get some serious stuff done.
Pro-Tip: Take two standard doses of Mind Lab Pro spaced 4-5+ hours apart. It'll feel more like Modafinil. Just don't take it too late, or you won't be able to sleep.
It's become our go-to nootropic to use on our “off-days” from Modafinil.
Mind Lab Pro!
Modafinil in Argentina | The Verdict?
Ayyyee dios mios!
That was a whole lot about Modafinil in Argentina. There's not much else to cover. You now know how Modafinil came to be the preferred nootropic of hustlers. We've told you which vendors you can trust when it comes to buying Modafinil. You even know what Modafinil alternatives are worth using.
- Gerrard P, Malcolm R. Mechanisms of modafinil: A review of current research. Neuropsychiatr Dis Treat. 2007;3(3):349–364.
- Ballon JS, Feifel D. A systematic review of modafinil: Potential clinical uses and mechanisms of action. J Clin Psychiatry. 2006;67(4):554-66.
- Biederman J, Swanson JM, Wigal SB, Boellner SW, Earl CQ, Lopez FA; Modafinil ADHD Study Group. A comparison of once-daily and divided doses of modafinil in children with attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder: a randomized, double-blind, and placebo-controlled study. J Clin Psychiatry. 2006 May;67(5):727-35. doi: 10.4088/jcp.v67n0506. PMID: 16841622.
- Can Modafinil Treat Cocaine or Amphetamine Addiction & Withdrawal? (2020, February 3). Retrieved from https://americanaddictioncenters.org/addiction-medications/modafinil
- Brown RE, Stevens DR, Haas HL. The physiology of brain histamine. Prog Neurobiol. 2001;63(6):637-672. doi:10.1016/s0301-0082(00)00039-3
- Zolkowska D, Jain R, Rothman RB, Partilla JS, Roth BL, Setola V, Prisinzano TE, Baumann MH. Evidence for the involvement of dopamine transporters in behavioral stimulant effects of modafinil. J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 2009 May;329(2):738-46. doi: 10.1124/jpet.108.146142. Epub 2009 Feb 5. PMID: 19197004; PMCID: PMC2672878.
- Minzenberg MJ, Carter CS. Modafinil: a review of neurochemical actions and effects on cognition. Neuropsychopharmacology. 2008 Jun;33(7):1477-502. doi: 10.1038/sj.npp.1301534. Epub 2007 Aug 22. PMID: 17712350.
- Young JW. Dopamine D1 and D2 receptor family contributions to modafinil-induced wakefulness. J Neurosci. 2009;29(9):2663–2665. doi:10.1523/JNEUROSCI.5843-08.2009
- Müller, U., Rowe, J. B., Rittman, T., Lewis, C., Robbins, T. W., & Sahakian, B. J. (2013, January). Effects of modafinil on non-verbal cognition, task enjoyment and creative thinking in healthy volunteers. Retrieved from https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3485563/
- Pigeau R, Naitoh P, Buguet A, McCann C, Baranski J, Taylor M, Thompson M, MacK I I. Modafinil, d-amphetamine and placebo during 64 hours of sustained mental work. I. Effects on mood, fatigue, cognitive performance and body temperature. J Sleep Res. 1995 Dec;4(4):212-228. doi: 10.1111/j.1365-2869.1995.tb00172.x. PMID: 10607161.
- Modafinil (Oral Route). (2020, February 1). Retrieved from https://www.mayoclinic.org/drugs-supplements/modafinil-oral-route/side-effects/drg-20064870?p=1
- (2015, January). Retrieved from https://www.fda.gov/media/79539/download
- Krishnan, R., & Chary, K. V. (2015). A rare case modafinil dependence. Retrieved from https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4319252/
- (n.d.). Retrieved from http://www.laboratoriosbeta.com.ar/vigicer/
- Kongkeaw C, Dilokthornsakul P, Thanarangsarit P, Limpeanchob N, Norman Scholfield C. Meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials on cognitive effects of Bacopa monnieri extract. J Ethnopharmacol. 2014;151(1):528-535. doi:10.1016/j.jep.2013.11.008
- Mori K, Inatomi S, Ouchi K, Azumi Y, Tuchida T. Improving effects of the mushroom Yamabushitake (Hericium erinaceus) on mild cognitive impairment: a double-blind placebo-controlled clinical trial. Phytother Res. 2009;23(3):367-372. doi:10.1002/ptr.2634