Looking for information about how to buy Modafinil in Austria at the moment?
Well, you’ve come to just the right place.
In this detailed guide, we'll discuss everything you need to know about buying Modafinil, including what Modafinil is, its legal status in Austria, and the best places to buy some online right now.
For those who need to get their hands on some of this nootropic ASAP…
We understand that many Austrians and expats are looking for a more in-depth look at Modafinil, nootropics, and smart drugs in the country. For that, stick around.
This guide will explain everything you’ve ever wanted to about the world's most popular smart drug – Modafinil. We’ll cover information about prescriptions, legalities, and more. We’ll even share our top pick for a natural Modafinil alternative, so keep reading…
Disclaimer: Modafinil.com does not offer medical diagnosis or treatment advice. Modafinil.com makes no claims that the products referenced can cure, treat or prevent any conditions, including any conditions referenced on its website or in print materials. Patients suffering from any of these conditions should consult their physician prior to using prescription medication. This information, including any referenced scientific or clinical research, is made available for educational purposes only. Modafinil.com makes every effort to ensure that any information it shares complies with national and international standards for clinical trial information and is committed to the timely disclosure of the design and results of all interventional clinical studies for innovative treatments publicly available or that may be made available. However, research is not considered conclusive. Always consult your healthcare provider with any questions. Statements regarding Modafinil.com products are the opinions of the individuals making them and are not necessarily the same as those of Modafinil.com..
What is Modafinil?
To understand what Modafinil is, let's first take a brief look at the history of this pharmaceutical drug…
Modafinil was synthesized in France in 1974. The two scientists who discovered it didn't know what to do with it at first, so it sat on the shelf, so to speak, for about ten more years. In the 1980s, French psychiatrists began experimenting with it as a treatment for narcolepsy .
In case you were curious, narcolepsy is a condition that causes people to feel extremely drowsy during the daytime and even fall asleep at random times throughout the day. It’s a debilitating condition for those that are afflicted by it. They aren't allowed to drive a car or operate heavy machinery because they may pass out and be injured or cause an accident.
Modafinil proved to be the perfect narcolepsy treatment. It works by increasing the amount of histamine and dopamine in the brain . The histamine creates a sense of ‘hyper’ focus and makes it easy to stay alert for hours on end. The extra dopamine helps to elevate a person’s mood and even improves their memory, especially when they feel tired or fatigued. [3, 4].
The bottom line? Modafinil can and will keep you awake. That's the drug's primary purpose, but it does so much more than that. At some point, and this is the good part, someone figured out that Modafinil's true potential was much higher than just keeping people awake.
When taken by healthy individuals, Modafinil not only keeps you awake, it also keeps you highly focused…on whatever task you were doing.
Is it the real-life ‘Limitless' pill? No. Is it the closest thing to it? Definitely!
Harvard University, renowned as one of the centers of academic excellence, is where Modafinil first developed its reputation as a cognitive enhancer. Ivy League grad students looking for an edge over their peers started taking it ‘off prescription’ as a stimulant. It helped them study all night and crush their workload. The drug quickly gained notoriety as the go-to nootropic for mental performance.
After all, if Modafinil gives you a cognitive boost over your competitors, then one of the most competitive universities in the world seems like a logical place for Modafinil to proliferate. Students at other Ivy League schools began using Modafinil as a study drug, and it quickly spread to Wall Street, Silicon Valley, and eventually the rest of the world.
Modafinil is now commonly used by all kinds of people — including online hustlers like ourselves. But what does Modafinil do that's so great?
Here's a list of its proven benefits:
- 12-15 hours of mental acuity .
- Ability to ignore distractions.
- Insane focus .
- Appetite suppression.
- Cognitive enhancement .
- Improved memory, especially when tired.
- Enhanced reading retention.
While each individual will have a slightly different experience with Modafinil, those are the most common benefits. Suffice to say, there's a reason Modafinil is so popular these days…
Modafinil Side Effects and Safety
If you're worried about Modafinil’s side effects and safety, you can relax. Modafinil is one of the safest and most widely researched drugs in the world. It is well understood and generally considered to be an extremely safe drug when taken at a dose of 200 mg per day.
In the unlikely event that you do experience some side effects from this drug, here are the most commonly reported things you can expect from a 200 mg Modafinil pill:
- Agitation, and
- Dry mouth and/or eyes.
In our experience, these side effects are temporary and usually go away in a short period. In a worst-case scenario, you can simply stop taking Modafinil and the side effects will subside within 24 hours.
The only serious side effect you should be aware of is easy bruising and/or bleeding . In short, what happens is that your body tends to easily accumulate bruises despite not having been seriously injured. It is known that certain medications, vitamins, and diseases can lead to this condition. No Modafinil user we've ever talked to has reported bruising as a side effect of Modafinil, but it's still a possibility
So if you do happen to be in this situation, stop using Modafinil immediately and see a medical professional ASAP!
One long-term safety concern with Modafinil is dependence. It’s a prescription drug in Austria because it increases dopamine in the brain. The good news is that cases of Modafinil dependence are extremely rare. There’s only one documented case of someone becoming dependent on the drug , and that patient took 1,200 mg per day – far outside the standard dose.
We recommend that you take a maximum of 200 mg of Modafinil per day, no more than three times per week. Stick with this and you won’t have any issues.
But again, we’re not doctors and this isn’t medical advice. You should always consult your doctor and do due diligence before taking Modafinil or any nootropic.
Is Modafinil Legal in Austria?
Modafinil was launched in Austria in 1998 under the brand-name ‘Modasomil’. It is a prescription drug, meaning that it can only be bought from a pharmacy by individuals with a prescription.
In other words, if you get a prescription for Modafinil from a doctor in Austria, you can bring it to the pharmacy and buy Modafinil legally .
As an EU country, Austria follows the EU’s Mutual Recognition Procedure for Modafinil. The only approved use for Modasomil in the EU and Austria is to treat adults with narcolepsy. That’s it. If you don’t have narcolepsy, you’re not getting a prescription. It’s that simple.
But we’re going to make the argument that Modafinil's legal status doesn't matter, especially in Austria.
What do we mean by that?
We mean that it doesn't matter what your country's laws say about Modafinil, be it in Austria or anywhere else. Why? Because drug enforcement agencies are not interested in prosecuting individuals for using Modafinil. It’s not a narcotic and simply isn’t on their watch list. Possessing Modafinil is no problem.
Unfortunately, authorities will prosecute producers and suppliers, so selling Modafinil in Austria is a definite no-no. One of our favorite Modafinil suppliers for Europeans is being forced out of business by the EU. They would have been the fastest shipper for Austrian residents.
Fortunately, we have a couple of other options for you below.
If you're worried about ordering Modafinil online because it's illegal, you shouldn't be. We’re willing to go out on a limb here and say that Austrian cops have never kicked in anyone's door for ordering a couple of packets of Modafinil online. You've got nothing to worry about in Austria.
The worst thing that can happen is that customs seize your first shipment. If you buy from one of our recommended suppliers, all you have to do is ask for a free reshipment and wait a little bit longer to get your hands on some Modafinil. The vendors that we’re going to recommend are professionals at dealing with this problem, so you'll be in good hands. If your second order doesn’t arrive, you’ll get a full refund. No questions asked.
You see, if you order Modafinil online in Austria from one of the vendors we recommend, you'll get guaranteed delivery. You either get your Modafinil, or you get your money back.
We’re not lawyers and this isn't legal advice, but you have legit ZERO risks when ordering Modafinil online for personal use in Austria.
Where to Buy Modafinil Online in Austria | 2021 Guide
These days, buying Modafinil online is pretty straightforward. It didn't use to be, but the market has matured where it’s a lot easier to trust online vendors than it used to be.
The two online vendors that we’re going to recommend are veterans of the industry and ALWAYS come through for our readers.
Our team has used them both numerous times, and you can't go wrong with either. However, the list is “in order,” so the first is – in our opinion – a better option for Austrians.
Here's exactly how to buy Modafinil in Austria:
Our top-ranked Modafinil vendor for Austrians right now is Buy Moda. These guys are absolute legends and do an unbelievably great job shipping high-quality nootropics to customers in Austria and around the world.
Here’s what to expect when you shop with them:
- Guaranteed Delivery: We’re certain that your Modafinil WILL arrive when you order from Buy Moda. But just in case it doesn’t, here’s what you should know. Buy Moda will offer one free reshipment and then a FULL REFUND if the second package doesn’t arrive. In other words, if you don’t get your Modafinil, you’ll get your money back. Guaranteed!
- CHEAP Prices: Buy Moda’s prices are crazy-low, especially when you factor in all of their amazing discounts. This code – ‘BUYMODA#1’ – gets you 10% off your entire order, and paying with Bitcoin or crypto gets you a further 20%. All in all, you get a 30% discount when you shop here!
- DISCREET Packaging: Buy Moda’s shipments NEVER get seized at customs because they are discreetly packaged. If you place a large order, it will automatically get broken down into smaller packages to avoid arousing suspicion. When your shipment arrives, no one will know what you ordered, even if you live with your parents or housemates.
- FAST Shipping: You can expect your Modafinil within 2-4 weeks, which is really fast. Plus, shipping is FREE if you order over $100!
- Decent Bonuses: Besides shockingly low prices, Buy Moda has a few cool bonuses. When you order more than $150, you’ll get 30 FREE pills. And on your second order, you’ll get 20% extra on any amount you buy.
Hopefully, you can see why we’re so crazy about Buy Moda. They offer fast shipping, discreet packaging, and high-quality Modafinil at the BEST prices.
Get 10% off all Buy Moda products as a Modafinil.com reader.
Just use this code at checkout: BUYMODA#1
In our second slot, we’ve got Modafinil XL. These guys are right up there with Buy Moda and almost scooped our top spot this year. They do an absolutely terrific job shipping Modafinil to Austrians and people living in Austria.
Here’s what we love about them:
- 10 FREE Modafinil Pills: Never ordered Modafinil before? Well, why not order a trial pack? Modafinil XL will ship you 10 FREE Modafinil pills to try at no risk – all they ask is that you cover the $29 shipping fee. After all, teleportation hasn’t been invented yet!
- MONEY-BACK Guarantee: You can order from Modafinil XL with confidence. They offer free reshipments and FULL refunds if your order doesn’t arrive. You have virtually ZERO risks when you shop here!
- Fast & Free Shipping: In a hurry? You’ll get your Modafinil within 14 days. How’s that for fast? Oh, and shipping is free when you spend just $80.
- CRYPTO Discounts: Modafinil XL will give you 20% off your order when you pay with Bitcoin or crypto. If you’re not into crypto, you can use their 10%-discount coupon: ‘ENJOY10OFF’. Unfortunately, you can’t use these discounts together, but it’s still nice to have two options.
- Pill Bonuses: When you buy from Modafinil XL you’ll get 20 FREE pills (10 free Modafinil pills and 10 free Armodafinil) EVERY time you order.
- Wide Range of Products: Modafinil XL stocks most of the same generic brands as Buy Moda, but they also have a unique sublingual product called “Indian MD”. This is absorbed under the tongue for a faster, more intense hit. Try some and see!
We have absolutely no qualms about recommended Modafinil XL to you. We’re sure you’ll love the speed of their delivery and the quality of their Modafinil. It’s unbelievably good.
Get 10% off all ModafinilXL products as a Modafinil.com reader.
Just use this code at checkout: ENJOY10OFF
Brand-Name Modafinil and Armodafinil in Austria
Modafinil is the strongest and most potent smart drug on the planet, and you'll get more benefits from it than any other nootropic.
But the fact that it is sold under various names can make it confusing. You’ll see names like ‘Provigil’, ‘Modiodal’, ‘Modasomil’, and ‘Modalert’, among others. What’s the difference?
Well, the registered brand-name for Modafinil in Austria is ‘Modasomil’. If you have a prescription and buy some Modafinil from a pharmacy, that’s what you’ll get.
However, there’s also a newer version of Modafinil called ‘Armodafinil’. This drug is sold as ‘Nuvigil’ and is considered to be more potent than Modafinil because it has a longer half-life. In practice, this means you can take less of it to achieve the same result. That’s why Modafinil is sold in 200 mg pills and Armodafinil comes in smaller 150 mg pills.
In our experience, a 150 mg Armodafinil pill offers a slightly smoother and less intense experience than Modafinil. But make no mistake, both products are phenomenal.
So, those are the two brand-name products in Austria: ‘Modasomil’ and ‘Nuvigil’. Outside of Austria, Modafinil is sold under other brand names such as ‘Modiodal’, ‘Provigil’, and ‘Vigil’.
Now, if you don’t have a prescription and you shop online, you’ll find generic Modafinil and Armodafinil products instead. These include:
The obvious question is: what’s the difference?
In our team’s experience, generic drugs work EXACTLY the same as brand-name nootropics. There’s zero difference in what they offer in terms of cognitive enhancement.
However, you may find that you get along better with one brand more than the others. That’s completely normal. After all, everyone responds to nootropics slightly differently.
Maybe you're interested in something completely different. We get it. You might also be interested in cycling different nootropics as we do.
If so, this is the single best Modafinil alternative we've found:
Mind Lab Pro is our favorite over-the-counter alternative to Modafinil. It's great because it's super comprehensive and it helps with many different areas of cognition. It contains 11 different ingredients, which each target different areas like memory retention, processing speed, and focus.
What's also nice is that Mind Lab Pro is third-party tested, and doesn't contain a proprietary blend. You're not getting any useless or dangerous fillers with this nootropic.
In fact, you get optimum doses of two of the world’s most potent and well-researched natural nootropics: Bacopa Monnieri and Lion’s Mane Mushroom.
Bacopa Monnieri is nature’s answer to Modafinil. It’s a completely natural plant extract that offers insane improvements in mood, memory, and executive functioning (ie. time management). It helps banish ‘brain fog’ and has been scientifically proven to act as a neuroprotectant .
Lion's Mane Mushroom is a natural extract that’s been used in Chinese medicine for thousands of years. Like Bacopa, this nootropic is great for memory. Studies have shown that it also helps with overall brain health .
We’ve used Mind Lab Pro for over a year now and found it to be extremely consistent. It has ZERO side effects and can be used five days per week with no downsides. It is kind of like Modafinil-lite: you get a huge boost in focus, motivation, and productivity, with none of the side effects. It also offers a slew of benefits that Modafinil doesn’t, including creativity and neuroprotection.
That being said, what you won’t get with Mind Lab Pro is 12+ hours of focus. Instead, you can expect a perfectly decent 6-8 hours. That’s pretty impressive for a natural nootropic.
Mind Lab Pro makes a great alternative to Modafinil and is also great for days when you aren’t taking the drug.
Highly, highly recommended!
Mind Lab Pro!
The Verdict? | Austria Edition
The verdict is that Modafinil and its kin are ultra-powerful tools that you can use to leverage your cognitive abilities — to get better grades, make more money, and ultimately achieve your goals. Whatever they might be!
The vendors we listed above are trustworthy. We know this because our team has used them ourselves, and we know others that use them too.
- (n.d.). Retrieved from https://www.webmd.com/drugs/2/drug-16962/modafinil-oral/details
- Brown RE, Stevens DR, Haas HL. The physiology of brain histamine. Prog Neurobiol. 2001;63(6):637-672. doi:10.1016/s0301-0082(00)00039-3
- Zolkowska D, Jain R, Rothman RB, Partilla JS, Roth BL, Setola V, Prisinzano TE, Baumann MH. Evidence for the involvement of dopamine transporters in behavioral stimulant effects of modafinil. J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 2009 May;329(2):738-46. doi: 10.1124/jpet.108.146142. Epub 2009 Feb 5. PMID: 19197004; PMCID: PMC2672878.
- Minzenberg MJ, Carter CS. Modafinil: a review of neurochemical actions and effects on cognition. Neuropsychopharmacology. 2008 Jun;33(7):1477-502. doi: 10.1038/sj.npp.1301534. Epub 2007 Aug 22. PMID: 17712350.
- Young JW. Dopamine D1 and D2 receptor family contributions to modafinil-induced wakefulness. J Neurosci. 2009;29(9):2663–2665. doi:10.1523/JNEUROSCI.5843-08.2009
- Pigeau R, Naitoh P, Buguet A, McCann C, Baranski J, Taylor M, Thompson M, MacK I I. Modafinil, d-amphetamine and placebo during 64 hours of sustained mental work. I. Effects on mood, fatigue, cognitive performance and body temperature. J Sleep Res. 1995 Dec;4(4):212-228. doi: 10.1111/j.1365-2869.1995.tb00172.x. PMID: 10607161.
- Müller, U., Rowe, J. B., Rittman, T., Lewis, C., Robbins, T. W., & Sahakian, B. J. (2013, January). Effects of modafinil on non-verbal cognition, task enjoyment and creative thinking in healthy volunteers. Retrieved from https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3485563/
- Provigil and Nuvigil Side Effects. (2019, December 13). Retrieved from https://www.drugwatch.com/provigil-and-nuvigil/side-effects/
- Ooi T, Wong SH, See B. Modafinil as a Stimulant for Military Aviators. Aerosp Med Hum Perform. 2019;90(5):480-483. doi:10.3357/AMHP.5298.2019
- (2011, June 16). Retrieved from https://www.cardiosmart.org/Healthwise/d043/78/d04378
- Krishnan, R., & Chary, K. V. (2015). A rare case modafinil dependence. Retrieved from https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4319252/
- (n.d.). Retrieved from https://www.drugs.com/international/modasomil.html
- (2020, February 17). Retrieved from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adrafinil
- Aguiar S, Borowski T. Neuropharmacological review of the nootropic herb Bacopa monnieri. Rejuvenation Res. 2013 Aug;16(4):313-26. doi: 10.1089/rej.2013.1431. PMID: 23772955; PMCID: PMC3746283.
- Rossi P, Cesaroni V, Brandalise F, Occhinegro A, Ratto D, Perrucci F, Lanaia V, Girometta C, Orrù G, Savino E. Dietary Supplementation of Lion's Mane Medicinal Mushroom, Hericium erinaceus (Agaricomycetes), and Spatial Memory in Wild-Type Mice. Int J Med Mushrooms. 2018;20(5):485-494. doi: 10.1615/IntJMedMushrooms.2018026241. PMID: 29953363.