If you’re curious about how to buy Modafinil in Denmark, then we’ve got some good news for you…
It's easier than you think. Much, much easier.
For all our Danish readers and expats in the country, this is great news…
However, there's a little bit more to it than that…which is why we created this in-depth guide for you.
Below, you'll find everything you need to know about buying Modafinil in Denmark including how to get a prescription, where to buy it online, and much more.
We’ll even share our recommendation for the best over-the-counter Modafinil alternative, so make sure you stick around until the end!
What is Modafinil?
For anyone unfamiliar with Modafinil, we’ll run through the basics real quick.
Modafinil was discovered in France in 1974 and developed as a treatment for narcolepsy. It was first released under the brand-name ‘Modiodal’ in France in 1994 and was released in Denmark in 1999 .
As a prescription drug, Modafinil is used to treat narcolepsy, obstructive sleep apnea, Shift Work Sleep Disorder, and Seasonal Affective Disorder . It is also prescribed ‘off label’ to treat Attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder , and amphetamine addiction .
But we’re guessing that’s not why you started reading this guide…
You’ve likely heard of Modafinil as a ‘nootropic’: a drug that can enhance the mind. Modafinil is known by a variety of names including a ‘smart’ drug, a ‘study’ drug, and even as the ‘Limitless-pill’ due to its similarities to the fictional drug – NZT-48 – depicted in the 2011 sci-fi movie of that name.
Modafinil’s reputation as a nootropic stems from the early 2000s when the ‘off prescription’ use of Provigil (the brand-name for Modafinil in the US) exploded among Silicon Valley entrepreneurs, executives, and CEOs in search of increased productivity. It spread like wildfire across college campuses and soon replaced Adderall as the drug of choice among stressed-out students.
People discovered that Modafinil, which increases levels of histamine and dopamine in the brain, acts as a powerful stimulant when taken by people who don’t have narcolepsy . The extra histamine prevents you from feeling fatigued and keeps you hyper-alert for hours . The extra dopamine, meanwhile, makes you feel more positive and productive while giving a nice boost to your short-term memory and executive functioning .
These days, Modafinil is widely considered to be the world's premier nootropic. It is widely used by tens of thousands of students and working professionals who are attracted to its numerous research-backed benefits such as :
- 12-15 hours of improved productivity .
- Enhanced cognitive functions.
- Better short term memory when fatigued .
- Reduced sense of fatigue .
When combined with proper diet, exercise, and lifestyle habits, Modafinil can be a boon to your job, business, or side hustle.
Is Modafinil the Real-Life Limitless Pill?
It won’t help you write a novel in an afternoon. And it won’t make you a millionaire stock trader overnight. No pill can do that, or will ever be able to do that. But we'd venture a guess that Modafinil is the closest thing to it.
Because it allows you to focus intensely on a single task for a very long period of time.
That's why people love Modafinil so much…
Modafinil Side Effects and Safety
Members of our team love nothing more than being able to get a huge boost in productivity regardless of where in the world we may find ourselves.
But part of enjoying Modafinil involves knowing how it may negatively affect you, so here are some of the most commonly reported side effects :
- Dry mouth and/or throat.
- Upset stomach and/or nausea.
- Difficulty sleeping and/or insomnia.
Now, that list may look intimidating, but here’s the deal: studies have found that the vast majority of people who take Modafinil experience no side effects whatsoever . In Denmark, where Modafinil (‘Modiodal’) is used to treat narcolepsy, most patients get by just fine on a dose of 200 mg/day.
In the unlikely event that you experience any of the side effects listed above, you can minimize or avoid them by taking a few simple steps.
For example, you can avoid headaches, nausea, dizziness, and dryness in your throat or mouth by staying well hydrated during the day. Aim to drink at least two liters of water after taking Modafinil and you should be fine.
As for difficulties sleeping or insomnia, well, Modafinil is a wakefulness drug, so what do you expect? It's only natural that you're going to stay awake for longer than you normally would. Nine times out of ten, people who have difficulty falling asleep at an appropriate time are taking Modafinil far too late in the day.
We recommend taking your dose no later than 10 am. This will give your body plenty of time to clear out any leftover Modafinil and you'll be able to fall asleep at nighttime.
In exceptionally rare cases, Modafinil can cause more serious conditions such as an irregular heartbeat, rashes, and a fever . If you happen to experience anything like that, stop using Modafinil and contact a doctor immediately.
If you are taking any prescription drugs, it’s important to check whether they interact adversely with Modafinil. It should also be noted that those who are pregnant should not take Modafinil, as it has been linked to congenital birth defects.
Lastly, a friendly word about dependence. Modafinil is a prescription drug in Denmark for a reason: it increases dopamine and therefore presents a low risk of dependence. At doses of 200 mg per day, this shouldn’t be a concern, but we still recommend that you limit your intake to a maximum of three times per week at the very most.
If you’re wondering what to take on the other days, check out our suggestion for a Modafinil alternative at the end of this guide.
Is Modafinil Legal in Denmark?
We aren’t lawyers or legal scholars so the following section should NOT be misconstrued as legal advice.
Similar to many other countries in the European Union (EU)…
Modafinil falls into a legal ‘grey area’ in Denmark.
In Denmark, Modafinil is registered as ‘Modiodal’ and is a prescription-only drug. As Denmark follows the EU’s Mutual Recognition Procedures, the only approved use for Modafinil is to treat adults with narcolepsy or excessive daytime sleepiness.
So, unless you have been diagnosed with narcolepsy or a sleep-related condition, you can’t get a prescription and therefore cannot buy Modiodal from a Danish pharmacy.
This makes things a bit more difficult for those of us looking to enhance cognition as doctors simply won’t prescribe the drug for this purpose.
Luckily, that’s not a big deal because there are two legal ways to get your hands on Modafinil in Denmark.
Your first option is to bring some Modafinil into Denmark with you when you arrive. For example, if you are returning from a holiday abroad or if you are a tourist or expat.
This is legal providing that:
- It is for your personal use.
- Modafinil is legally sold to private individuals in the country you are coming from.
- You bring your receipt for the purchase and any prescription.
The only drawback? If you are coming from a country outside the EU, you can only bring enough for a maximum of three months’ use .
For instance, if you have a Modafinil prescription from Mexico for *narcolepsy* with a recommended dose of one 200mg pill daily, you can bring 90 Modafinil pills into Denmark with you when you arrive.
Fortunately, the second option is even easier: you can order some Modafinil online.
You see, while it is an offense to sell Modafinil to someone without a prescription in Denmark, there are no laws against possessing a small amount for your personal use, with or without a prescription.
Therefore, it is legal to buy some Modafinil online from another country and have it sent to you . The only requirements are that:
- It is for your personal use.
- It is legally sold in the country it is sent from.
In fact, ordering Modafinil online is the best way to get this smart drug in Denmark these days.
Where to Buy Modafinil Online in Denmark | 2021 Guide
If you're ready to buy Modafinil online in Denmark as a local or expat, below you'll find our top two recommendations.
Our team has been buying Modafinil online for years. We’ve ordered from over a dozen online vendors and know exactly which ones are legit and which ones will send you bunk or nothing at all. This article details more of our thoughts.
Below, you'll find our top two recommended vendors for those living in Denmark.
Both of these vendors routinely ship high-quality generic Modafinil to Denmark with guaranteed shipping. That means that either you get your Modafinil or you get your money back. This allows you to buy with confidence and makes the entire process hassle-free.
Here's where to buy Modafinil online in Denmark:
Our top-rated vendor for those living in Denmark is Buy Moda. These guys are the best in the business and do an incredible job shipping high-quality Modafinil to customers in Denmark in record time.
Here are some of the reasons why we rate them so highly:
- Rock-Bottom Prices: Buy Moda’s prices are some of the lowest you’ll find anywhere online. Why? They have two amazing discounts that give you a combined 30% off. First, you can use the code ‘BUYMODA#1’ to get 10% off your entire order. Second, if you pay with Bitcoin or cryptocurrency, you’ll get a further 20% off. You can save a lot when you order from this vendor.
- FAST Shipping: Buy Moda processes all orders within 24 hours and will send you the tracking number via email or SMS. Orders typically take 2-4 weeks to arrive in Denmark so you won’t be waiting long. Best of all, shipping is free on orders over $100!
- Discreet Packaging: Buy Moda’s packing is plain and discreet, meaning that their shipments sail through Danish customs. Even if you place a large order, they’ll break it up into multiple smaller packages so that your Modafinil gets delivered to you just fine. If you live with your parents or housemates, no-one will know what you ordered.
- Guaranteed Delivery: If your order fails to arrive for whatever reason, you can request a free reshipment. If this second package fails to materialize, Buy Moda will give you a 100% No questions asked.
- Phenomenal Customer Service: As a 100% American owned and operated business, Buy Moda’s support team is second to none. You’ll have all your questions or queries answered when you shop here!
- Solid Bonuses: As if all that wasn’t enough, Buy Moda offers some awesome bonuses. For starters, they give away 30 free pills on all orders over $150. And on your second and all subsequent orders you’ll get 20% extra pills as a reward for being a loyal customer.
We’ve made dozens of orders from Buy Moda over the years and have never once had any issues getting our Modafinil. They are the undisputed “Kings” of nootropic vendors right now and come highly recommended!
Get 15% off all Buy Moda products as a Modafinil.com reader.
Just use this code at checkout: BUYMODA#1
You’ll absolutely love Buy Moda, we promise you. But just in case you want another option, we also recommend Modafinil XL. If you’re new to the world of nootropics, THIS is the vendor we suggest you check out first.
Well, just take a look at what they offer:
- FREE Trial Pack: Just in case we haven’t convinced you that Modafinil is worth spending your hard-earned cash on, Modafinil XL’s FREE trial pack is well worth trying. They’ll send you 10 Modafinil pills completely free, all they ask is that you cover the $29 shipping fee. This is an unbelievable chance to test real Modafinil and see what it can do for you!
- Awesome Website: The other reason Modafinil XL is so good for newcomers is that it has an incredibly comprehensive website. It’s packed full of high-quality information about nootropics and smart drugs. It’s well worth checking their website out as you can learn tons about nootropics and it can help you make an informed buying decision.
- Guaranteed Delivery: Just like Buy Moda, you’ll get guaranteed delivery when you shop at Modafinil XL! They give free reships and refunds in the unlikely event that your order is lost or stopped by customs.
- BIG Discounts: If you’re into Bitcoin and crypto, you can get 20% off your order when you shop here. Yes, this vendor also has a 10%-off coupon – ‘ENJOY10OFF’ – but this cannot be used in conjunction with the crypto discount, so you’ll have to choose one or the other. Oh, and they also give away 20 free pills (10 Modafinil pills and 10 Armodafinil pills) with EVERY order!
- FAST Shipping: Shipping times to Denmark as typically around 10 working days. The shipping charge is waived on all orders over $80, while orders over $150 get complimentary Express shipping.
All in all, Modafinil XL is a truly outstanding vendor and has a lot of offer for anyone who wants to get legit Modafinil at decent prices. They are ideal for nootropics newbies and come highly, highly recommended!
Get 10% off all ModafinilXL products as a Modafinil.com reader.
Just use this code at checkout: ENJOY10OFF
Brand Name Modafinil and Armodafinil in Denmark
A lot of people get confused about what exactly is Modafinil and what it’s not, mainly because there's a handful of different names for the stuff.
So we wanted to clear some air here about some of the most popular brand names for Modafinil and Armodafinil in Denmark.
By the way, if you're curious about how Modafinil and Armodafinil differ from each other, you can learn more about the two smart drugs here. Essentially, the two drugs are mirror images of each other (enantiopure compounds) and the main difference is that Armodafinil has a longer half-life.
If you get a prescription for Modafinil in Denmark, you’ll find that pharmacies stock ‘Modiodal’, which is the officially registered brand-name for Modafinil, and ‘Nuvigil’, which is brand-name Armodafinil.
But if you don’t have a prescription and decide to shop online, you won’t find ‘Modiodal’ or ‘Nuvigil’ for sale. Instead, you’ll find the following generic brands.
Generic Brands of Modafinil
Generic Brands of Armodafinil
In case you were curious, you don’t need to buy brand-name Modafinil to get the ‘real’ experience. Generic drugs work exactly the same: they contain the same active ingredient at the same dose.
The bottom line? All of the generic products above offer the same cognitive benefits as brand-name Modafinil. That being said, most people find they prefer one product over and above the others. Case in point? Most members of our team prefer Modalert vs Modvigil, which isn't bad at all and can be cheaper. When it comes to generic Armodafinil in Denmark, we find Waklert tends to outperform Artvigil. But that’s just us.
Overall, you can't go wrong with any of the products listed above.
There is nothing quite like Modafinil in terms of cognitive enhancement. It's the best nootropic on the planet, end of story. But it’s not an everyday drug and we advise against taking it more than three days per week.
Fortunately, there are a few other natural nootropics that are extremely impressive in terms of their efficacy and potency.
There is one in particular that we think is especially worth checking out…
Mind Lab Pro
Mind Lab Pro is the best all-around nootropic not called Modafinil that we’ve ever reviewed. Trust us, our team has tried a lot of nootropics, so that's saying something.
Mind Lab Pro has a few things going for it. Firstly, it’s made from a blend of 11 different compounds that each target different areas of mental performance.
Mind Lab Pro helps with everything from memory recall to reducing brain fog and boosting your mood. In terms of bang for your buck, Mind Lab Pro is the real deal.
Now in the name of full transparency, it's not as powerful as Modafinil. It'll give you about 6-8+ hours of extremely high-level focus. That may not seem impressive compared with Modafinil's 12-15 hours of focus, but that's more than enough time to get some serious work done.
And, because it also targets a few areas that Modafinil doesn't, you also get some novel benefits, like a moderate boost to creativity.
Mind Lab Pro offers a Modafinil-like boost in your mood, memory, with NONE of the side effects. This means it’s safe enough to take year-round.
It’s our No. 1 recommended for days when you aren’t taking Modafinil yet still want a cognitive boost. If you want the best legal alternative to Modafinil, it's called Mind Lab Pro.
Mind Lab Pro!
The Verdict? | Denmark Edition
If you were curious about how to buy Modafinil in Denmark, this article should offer every bit of information you need to succeed. From the ins to the outs, the ups, and the downs, we covered it all.
There isn't anything else you need to know about buying Modafinil with a prescription or online in Denmark…as a local or expat. You now know our top recommendation for a natural Modafinil alternative.
- no. 2020. [online] Available at: <https://legemiddelverket.no/Documents/Bivirkninger%20og%20sikkerhet/Bivirkningsnyheter%20annet/11-10273-20%20Summary%20of%20scientific%20discussion%204407407_2_0.pdf> [Accessed 20 December 2020].
- Gerrard P, Malcolm R. Mechanisms of modafinil: A review of current research. Neuropsychiatr Dis Treat. 2007;3(3):349–364.
- Biederman J, Swanson JM, Wigal SB, Boellner SW, Earl CQ, Lopez FA; Modafinil ADHD Study Group. A comparison of once-daily and divided doses of modafinil in children with attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder: a randomized, double-blind, and placebo-controlled study. J Clin Psychiatry. 2006 May;67(5):727-35. doi: 10.4088/jcp.v67n0506. PMID: 16841622.
- Dackis CA, Kampman KM, Lynch KG, Pettinati HM, O'Brien CP. A double-blind, placebo-controlled trial of modafinil for cocaine dependence. Neuropsychopharmacology. 2005 Jan;30(1):205-11. doi: 10.1038/sj.npp.1300600. PMID: 15525998.
- Brown RE, Stevens DR, Haas HL. The physiology of brain histamine. Prog Neurobiol. 2001 Apr;63(6):637-72. doi: 10.1016/s0301-0082(00)00039-3. PMID: 11164999.
- Zolkowska D, Jain R, Rothman RB, Partilla JS, Roth BL, Setola V, Prisinzano TE, Baumann MH. Evidence for the involvement of dopamine transporters in behavioral stimulant effects of modafinil. J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 2009 May;329(2):738-46. doi: 10.1124/jpet.108.146142. Epub 2009 Feb 5. PMID: 19197004; PMCID: PMC2672878.
- Minzenberg MJ, Carter CS. Modafinil: a review of neurochemical actions and effects on cognition. Neuropsychopharmacology. 2008 Jun;33(7):1477-502. doi: 10.1038/sj.npp.1301534. Epub 2007 Aug 22. PMID: 17712350.
- Like It or Not, “Smart Drugs” Are Coming to the Office. (2016, May 19). Retrieved from https://hbr.org/2016/05/like-it-or-not-smart-drugs-are-coming-to-the-office
- Pigeau R, Naitoh P, Buguet A, McCann C, Baranski J, Taylor M, Thompson M, MacK I I. Modafinil, d-amphetamine and placebo during 64 hours of sustained mental work. I. Effects on mood, fatigue, cognitive performance and body temperature. J Sleep Res. 1995 Dec;4(4):212-228. doi: 10.1111/j.1365-2869.1995.tb00172.x. PMID: 10607161.
- Young JW. Dopamine D1 and D2 receptor family contributions to modafinil-induced wakefulness. J Neurosci. 2009;29(9):2663–2665. doi:10.1523/JNEUROSCI.5843-08.2009
- Müller, U., Rowe, J. B., Rittman, T., Lewis, C., Robbins, T. W., & Sahakian, B. J. (2013, January). Effects of modafinil on non-verbal cognition, task enjoyment and creative thinking in healthy volunteers. Retrieved from https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3485563/
- modafinil (Provigil). (2019, February 28). Retrieved from https://www.medicinenet.com/modafinil/article.htm
- Greenblatt K, Adams N. Modafinil. 2020 Sep 11. In: StatPearls [Internet]. Treasure Island (FL): StatPearls Publishing; 2020 Jan–. PMID: 30285371.
- What is Modafinil? (n.d.). Retrieved from https://www.patientslikeme.com/treatment/876-modafinil-side-effects-and-efficacy?page=41&size=3
- Danish Medicines Agency. 2020. Are You Bringing Medicine Into Denmark?. [online] Available at: <https://laegemiddelstyrelsen.dk/en/pharmacies/medicines-imported-from-abroad/medicines-for-human-use/are-you-bringing-medicine-into-denmark/> [Accessed 20 December 2020].
- Danish Medicines Agency. 2020. Do You Buy Medicine Online?. [online] Available at: <https://laegemiddelstyrelsen.dk/en/pharmacies/medicines-imported-from-abroad/medicines-for-human-use/do-you-buy-medicine-online/> [Accessed 20 December 2020].
- Aguiar S, Borowski T. Neuropharmacological review of the nootropic herb Bacopa monnieri. Rejuvenation Res. 2013 Aug;16(4):313-26. doi: 10.1089/rej.2013.1431. PMID: 23772955; PMCID: PMC3746283.
- Rossi P, Cesaroni V, Brandalise F, Occhinegro A, Ratto D, Perrucci F, Lanaia V, Girometta C, Orrù G, Savino E. Dietary Supplementation of Lion's Mane Medicinal Mushroom, Hericium erinaceus (Agaricomycetes), and Spatial Memory in Wild-Type Mice. Int J Med Mushrooms. 2018;20(5):485-494. doi: 10.1615/IntJMedMushrooms.2018026241. PMID: 29953363.