If you’re curious about how to buy Modafinil in Germany, you’ve come to the right place.
In this detailed guide, we’ll break down every single thing you need to know about buying Modafinil online in Germany. Why? Because it can be pretty difficult to get your hands on smart drugs in this European powerhouse of a country. Germany does not mess around with import controls.
Still, if you follow the advice laid out in this guide, you won’t have any issue getting your hands on Modafinil in Germany…
Get 10% off all Buy Moda products as a Modafinil.com reader.
Just use this code at checkout: BUYMODA#1
We know because many of our readers have done it before and not a single one of them has had any legal trouble buying Modafinil online for personal use in Germany.
So if you’re looking to get your hands on the world’s most popular smart drug while living in Germany, keep on reading. Buying Modafinil in Germany has never been easier and everything you need to know is below — including legalities, prescriptions, customs controls, and more.
This is not legal or medical advice. This article was strictly created for your entertainment. Please consult with your primary care physician or a medical professional with close working knowledge of your health -- before consuming pharmaceutical drugs or nootropics, like Modafinil. Please read my disclaimer.
What is Modafinil?
You probably already know what Modafinil is. Well, we assume you do – as you’re curious about how to buy Modafinil online.
But if you’re new to the smart drugs scene, we’ll break things down for you.
Modafinil is a type of prescription drug that helps people stay awake. In Germany, it is most used to treat conditions like Narcolepsy, Obstructive Sleep Apnea, and Shift Work Disorder . It was originally released in France in 1992 under the brand name “Provigil” and was launched in Germany as ‘Vigil’ in November 1998 .
Modafinil also has several ‘off label’ uses and offers numerous cognitive benefits . It can be used to help treat patients suffering from schizophrenia , ADHD , cocaine addiction , and other psychiatric conditions.
But we’re guessing that isn’t why you’re reading this guide…
Modafinil has become an extremely popular “smart drug” or ‘nootropic’, thatoffers the following ‘off prescription’ benefits :
- Inability to feel fatigued: Modafinil is a central nervous system (CNS) stimulant that raises levels of histamine in the brain , preventing feelings of tiredness.
- ‘Laser-sharp’ focus for 12+ hours: The higher histamine levels caused by Modafinil create a heightened state of alertness and focus .
- Improved mood and memory: Modafinil inhibit the reuptake of dopamine in the brain , which raises dopamine levels, helping to improve mood and memory.
- Better productivity: Modafinil also increases levels of serotonin and norepinephrine which leads to dramatic improvements in mental clarity and concentration .
Simply put, Modafinil is the “King” of smart drugs for one simple reason:
Modafinil Side Effects And Safety
Modafinil is unquestionably a safe drug. But it does come with some side effects. So, what do you need to know about Modafinil’s safety before you take it?
The most important study to date about Modafinil examined what happened when 200mg of Modafinil was given to people without narcolepsy . Most participants in the study experienced no side effects at all, and, of those that did, the most common complaints were things like a dry mouth, upset stomach, diarrhea, and headaches. Luckily, they were quite mild and went away fast.
Want to know the good news? You can avoid almost all of Modafinil’s side effects in two simple steps. It’s not that hard.
First, Modafinil will suppress your hunger and thirst, so make sure you stay hydrated throughout the day. Becoming dehydrated is what often leads to nausea, headaches, and fainting. We suggest you aim to drink at least two liters of water per day when you take Modafinil
Second, ensure your last dose of Modafinil is not taken after 10 am so you can fall asleep at your normal bedtime. Of course, if you want to pull an all-nighter, disregard this advice!
Now, you may be wondering; if Modafinil is so safe, why is it a prescription drug in Germany?
The main reason is that it increases dopamine in the brain. In theory, Modafinil may lead to addiction in vulnerable individuals , just like any drug that increases dopamine. However, cases of Modafinil dependence are so rare that they are virtually unheard of . So, rest assured; Modafinil isn’t addictive and is widely regarded to be a safe drug .
There are rare cases of people developing serious rashes, having trouble breathing, or experiencing mania , but these are extreme cases and typically involve people taking massive amounts (1,200mg/day) of Modafinil.
That’s why we suggest you take 100mg per dose to begin with, and no more than 200mg, once or twice per week. You don’t want to develop a tolerance and have to take higher amounts, which will increase the side effects.
You shouldn’t take Modafinil if you are pregnant , on prescription drugs, or you suffer from anxiety or depression.
If in doubt, talk with your doctor first.
Is Modafinil Legal in Germany?
We’ll be honest here. This question is a little bit tricky. Modafinil falls into what one would refer to as a legal “grey area”. We’ll answer this to the best of our ability, but just know that we’re not lawyers and this is not legal advice.
Is Modafinil Legal in Germany? Yes, and no.
If you want to purchase Modafinil from a pharmacy in Germany, then you will need a prescription from a local German doctor to get it.
And to get that prescription, you’ll need to show the doctor that you have narcolepsy – as that tends to be the only reason a German doctor will prescribe such a pharmaceutical drug .
While you’ll need a prescription to get Modafinil from a pharmacy in Germany, it seems that possession is not illegal in the country. In our understanding, Germany officials do not treat Modafinil possession like a street drug (i.e. a narcotic).
This means that even if you are found in possession of generic Modafinil for personal use without a prescription, the authorities will not arrest you – as it is not seen in the same light as heroin or cocaine.
Here’s the TL:DR…
You cannot buy Modafinil in Germany from a legitimate local pharmacy without a prescription. However, possessing Modafinil for personal use without a prescription is not an offense.
How to Get a Modafinil Prescription in Germany
Generally, unless you can prove to your doctor that you have narcolepsy, sleep apnea, or Shift Work disorder, you won’t get a prescription for Modafinil.
As a member of the European Union (EU), the only approved indication for Modafinil (Vigil) in Germany is “Treatment of adults with excessive sleepiness associated with narcolepsy with or without cataplexy. Excessive sleepiness is defined as difficulty maintaining wakefulness and an increased likelihood of falling asleep in inappropriate situations”.
If you haven’t been diagnosed with a relevant medical condition, you won’t be prescribed Modafinil.
That’s just the way things go. With the expensive costs of Modafinil from a pharmacy in Germany, doctors stipulate that patients undergo overnight sleep studies before prescribing the stuff.
This means it’s prohibitively difficult to get your hands on Modafinil from the local pharmacy. Germany isn’t a third world country where you can just walk in without a prescription and walk out with Modafinil.
You’ll have a far easier time getting Modafinil in Germany by ordering through online vendors.
Where to Buy Modafinil Online in Germany | 2020 Guide
If you want to buy Modafinil in Germany, you’re in the right section.
This is the detailed, in-depth information that most people on the Internet won’t tell you.
We’ve worked with the two vendors below for years. We’re 100% positive these are the best places to buy Modafinil online, especially for Germans. We’re talking guaranteed delivery, super fast shipping, and high-quality generic smart drugs – all for a low price!
How to buy Modafinil in Germany? Just order through these guys:
If you’re looking to get the highest quality Modafinil for the lowest prices in the quickest time, Buy Moda is our #1 recommendation.
Seriously, these guys are awesome!
Just look at what they offer:
- Phenomenal Bitcoin Discount: Buy Moda will give you 20% off your entire order simply by paying in Bitcoin (BTC). This is such a simple step, yet reaps massive rewards.
- 100% Guaranteed Delivery: Buy Moda has a HIGH success rate delivering to Germany, but in the rare event that a shipment is stopped, they’ll send one free reshipment, no questions asked. If that second shipment doesn’t get through, they’ll give you a full refund. You can’t get fairer than that!
- English Speaking Customer Service: All of Buy Moda’s support specialists are American. You won’t find any outsourcing or call centers here. This means you can get the answers you need fast, and get helpful, friendly responses from knowledgeable professionals 24/7.
- Fast, Discreet Shipping: Buy Moda ship Modafinil from Singapore to Germany VERY quickly. Most orders arrive within 14 days. You can be assured that your nootropics will come in discreet, plain packaging, so you can buy in confidence.
As you can see, Buy Moda is one of the best places to buy Modafinil online and you won’t have any hassles when you buy from these guys.
Get 10% off all Buy Moda products as a Modafinil.com reader.
Just use this code at checkout: BUYMODA#1
The second vendor we recommend for anyone living in Germany is Modafinil XL
While their prices aren’t quite as low as Buy Moda, they do offer some outstanding advantages that you can’t ignore:
- Free shipping on orders over $80: You can save so much money when you order from these guys. Plus, if you spend over $150, they’ll give you free Express Shipping, so you’ll get your nootropics even faster!
- Crazy-Cheap Bulk Orders: While Modafinil XL don’t have bargain basement prices like Buy Moda, they do have amazing special offers like combo packs. If you’re looking to order in bulk, this vendor is unbeatable on prices.
- ZERO-RISK Shipping: If you’re worried about ordering Modafinil online, Modafinil XL makes it virtually risk-free. They offer a free reshipment or refund if your order doesn’t arrive, but they also offer shipping from their UK warehouse for an extra $39 + 35%. This means that your order will sail through customs unchecked and arrive in 3-5 days.
- Great Customer Service: Modafinil XL has a great website packed full of helpful information. But just in case you have a question or concern, you’ll find that their customer service reps are second to none. Professional, helpful, and friendly!
If you’re thinking about placing your first Modafinil order, we highly recommend paying extra for the UK shipping service. This guarantees that your order will pass through customs seamlessly and in record-breaking time.
This option is ideal if you are cautious about buying Modafinil online and want the safest option.
Hopefully, we’ve tempted you to give Modafinil XL a shot, but if you’re still undecided, try this: order a FREE sample pack of 10 Modafinil or Armodafinil (you just pay the $29 shipping fee), and see for yourself. What have you got to lose?
Get 10% off all ModafinilXL products as a Modafinil.com reader.
Just use this code at checkout: ENJOY10OFF
Brand Name Modafinil in DE
Once you get a prescription for Modafinil from a doctor in Germany, you’ll be able to walk into any pharmacy and purchase the drug. You just need the script.
The most common brand name Modafinil products found in the country are:
Vigil tends to be the most popular form of brand name Modafinil in DE as it is the officially registered product name.
But if you’re a German or living in the country, then you also have the option of ordering Modafinil online. When buying online, these are some of the common generic Modafinil products you’ll find:
The four products above tend to be the most popular forms of generic Modafinil and Armodafinil available to Germans buying online.
Prescription-Free Modafinil Alternatives in Germany
If you’re concerned about buying a pharmaceutical drug online in Germany, we’ve found the perfect solution for you.
While we’re 100% confident that you won’t have any issues buying and importing Modafinil from our recommended vendors, we understand that some of you would rather buy a 100% “legal” product – no “grey areas” at all.
We get that. And luckily, we found one natural nootropic that works almost as well as Modafinil:
Mind Lab Pro
We’ve become huge fans of Mind Lab Pro and it’s our favorite smart drug — not named Modafinil. It offers insane cognitive enhancement and numerous benefits over any other product on the market right now.
Now, it’s not as strong as Modafinil. When we want a 12+ hour “workhorse” of a day — we stick with Modafinil. But when we need 6-8+ hours of smooth focus (long enough to get most of our work done), Mind Lab Pro is our go-to choice.
There’s no “hangover” feeling with Mind Lab Pro. It offers strong cognitive enhancement and no side effects. Once it wears off, we feel 100% normal again. No issues.
For that reason…
We highly recommend Mind Lab Pro. Plus, this product is certified drug-free and ships to Germany without any issue whatsoever.
Mind Lab Pro!
The Verdict? | Germany Edition
For all our German readers out there…
If you were curious about how to buy Modafinil in Germany, hopefully, this guide has given you all the information you need to succeed.
We’re confident that you now have all the detailed information required to buy Modafinil online while living in Germany.
- Ballon JS, Feifel D. A systematic review of modafinil: Potential clinical uses and mechanisms of action. J Clin Psychiatry. 2006;67(4):554‐566. doi:10.4088/jcp.v67n0406
- Modafinil Oral: Uses, Side Effects, Interactions, Pictures, Warnings & Dosing. (n.d.). Retrieved from https://www.webmd.com/drugs/2/drug-16962/modafinil-oral/details
- Modafinil: Indications, Side Effects, Warnings. (n.d.). Retrieved from https://www.drugs.com/cdi/modafinil.html
- (2019, August 18). Retrieved from https://www.drugs.com/cdi/modafinil.html
- Biederman J, Swanson JM, Wigal SB, Boellner SW, Earl CQ, Lopez FA; Modafinil ADHD Study Group. A comparison of once-daily and divided doses of modafinil in children with attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder: a randomized, double-blind, and placebo-controlled study. J Clin Psychiatry. 2006 May;67(5):727-35. doi: 10.4088/jcp.v67n0506. PMID: 16841622.
- Dackis CA, Kampman KM, Lynch KG, Pettinati HM, O’Brien CP. A double-blind, placebo-controlled trial of modafinil for cocaine dependence. Neuropsychopharmacology. 2005 Jan;30(1):205-11. doi: 10.1038/sj.npp.1300600. PMID: 15525998.
- Baranski JV, Pigeau R, Dinich P, Jacobs I. Effects of modafinil on cognitive and meta-cognitive performance. Hum Psychopharmacol. 2004 Jul;19(5):323-32. doi: 10.1002/hup.596. PMID: 15252824.
- Ishizuka T, Sakamoto Y, Sakurai T, Yamatodani A. Modafinil increases histamine release in the anterior hypothalamus of rats. Neurosci Lett. 2003;339(2):143-146. doi:10.1016/s0304-3940(03)00006-5
- Brown RE, Stevens DR, Haas HL. The physiology of brain histamine. Prog Neurobiol. 2001;63(6):637-672. doi:10.1016/s0301-0082(00)00039-3
- Zolkowska D, Jain R, Rothman RB, Partilla JS, Roth BL, Setola V, Prisinzano TE, Baumann MH. Evidence for the involvement of dopamine transporters in behavioral stimulant effects of modafinil. J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 2009 May;329(2):738-46. doi: 10.1124/jpet.108.146142. Epub 2009 Feb 5. PMID: 19197004; PMCID: PMC2672878.
- Minzenberg MJ, Carter CS. Modafinil: a review of neurochemical actions and effects on cognition. Neuropsychopharmacology. 2008 Jun;33(7):1477-502. doi: 10.1038/sj.npp.1301534. Epub 2007 Aug 22. PMID: 17712350.
- Lopes E, Pereira D, da Silva Behrens NS, de Almeida Fonseca H, Calvancanti PO, de Araújo Lima TF, Pradella-Hallinan M, Castro J, Tufik S, Coelho FM. Cataplexy as a side effect of modafinil in a patient without narcolepsy. Sleep Sci. 2014 Mar;7(1):47-9. doi: 10.1016/j.slsci.2014.07.015. Epub 2014 Aug 19. PMID: 26483900; PMCID: PMC4521649.
- Volkow N, Li TK. The neuroscience of addiction. Nat Neurosci. 2005 Nov;8(11):1429-30. doi: 10.1038/nn1105-1429. PMID: 16251981.
- Krishnan, R., & Chary, K. V. (2015). A rare case modafinil dependence. Retrieved from https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4319252/
- no. 2020. [online] Available at: <https://legemiddelverket.no/Documents/Bivirkninger%20og%20sikkerhet/Bivirkningsnyheter%20annet/11-10273-20%20Summary%20of%20scientific%20discussion%204407407_2_0.pdf> [Accessed 24 August 2020].
- Nuvigil vs. Provigil: How Are They Similar and Different? (2016, August 19). Retrieved from https://www.healthline.com/health/narcolepsy/nuvigil-vs-provigil
- gc.ca. 2020. ALERTEC (Modafinil) And The Risk Of Congenital Anomalies – Recalls And Safety Alerts. [online] Available at: <https://healthycanadians.gc.ca/recall-alert-rappel-avis/hc-sc/2019/70201a-eng.php#:~:text=ALERTEC%20(modafinil%20100%20mg%20tablets,a%20circadian%20rhythm%20sleep%20disorder).> [Accessed 3 October 2020].
- Bundesministerium fur Gesundheit. (n.d.). Retrieved from https://www.bundesgesundheitsministerium.de/