Wondering how to buy Modafinil in Greece these days?
You're in the right spot.
Modafinil is the world's most popular smart drug and is especially popular among Greek students, entrepreneurs, and working professionals who are looking for a cognitive edge.
We created this comprehensive guide to help you get your hands on some of this mind-enhancing drug while living in or visiting Greece.
If you’re already clued up about what Modafinil is and how it works, here’s the short answer:
But if you’re looking for a more in-depth overview of Modafinil’s benefits, side effects, legal status, and the best places to buy some, then keep reading…
Our goal for this guide is to help you buy the best Modafinil while in Greece, whether you’re a local, a digital nomad, a tourist, or an expat. We’ll cover everything you need to know including things like how to get a prescription, the best online pharmacies to use, and much, much more.
Disclaimer: Modafinil.com does not offer medical diagnosis or treatment advice. Modafinil.com makes no claims that the products referenced can cure, treat or prevent any conditions, including any conditions referenced on its website or in print materials. Patients suffering from any of these conditions should consult their physician prior to using prescription medication. This information, including any referenced scientific or clinical research, is made available for educational purposes only. Modafinil.com makes every effort to ensure that any information it shares complies with national and international standards for clinical trial information and is committed to the timely disclosure of the design and results of all interventional clinical studies for innovative treatments publicly available or that may be made available. However, research is not considered conclusive. Always consult your healthcare provider with any questions. Statements regarding Modafinil.com products are the opinions of the individuals making them and are not necessarily the same as those of Modafinil.com..
What is Modafinil?
Before we discuss how to buy Modafinil in Greece, let’s first explore what this drug is and why so many people swear by it.
For those not in the know, Modafinil is the most powerful and effective ‘smart’ drug currently available. It’s a cognitive enhancer that is great for concentrating and working hard for extended periods.
While everyone experiences drugs slightly differently, most people find that Modafinil offers the following benefits :
- Suppressed sense of fatigue .
- Over 12 hours of insane focus and concentration.
- Enhanced productivity and reduced procrastination .
- Better executive functioning and time management .
- Improved short-term recall, especially when fatigued.
If you haven’t tried Modafinil before and are wondering what it feels like, you should know that it’s not the pill from the sci-fi movie ‘Limitless’. Modafinil won’t help you master a musical instrument in an afternoon and it won’t give you a Modafinil high. Instead, you’ll get a sense of cool, calm, focus that lasts for hours. What you do with this newfound productivity is up to you.
Modafinil isn’t the brainchild of Hollywood scriptwriters. It’s actually a type of drug known as a ‘eugeroic’ which means it promotes wakefulness. It was discovered by two French scientists in the 1970s and first released in the early 1990s under the brand-name ‘Modiodal’. Its main purpose is to treat narcolepsy, a condition that causes excessive daytime sleepiness. However, it’s also used to treat obstructive sleep apnea, and Shift Work Sleep Disorder (SWSD) which affects people who have irregular working hours.
Modafinil works by causing levels of dopamine and histamine to rise dramatically . Elevated levels of these two neurotransmitters help keep you awake, alert, and focused . Most of Modafinil’s benefits like enhanced memory and improved mood are due to the extra dopamine .
Modafinil was released as ‘Modiodal’ in Greece in September 1999 and soon developed a reputation for its ‘off label’ uses. Droves of busy students, CEOs, and executives started taking Modiodal ‘off prescription’ for its incredible cognitive-enhancing capabilities. It didn’t take long before it surpassed Adderall as the country’s most popular study drug.
There’s a reason why you’re curious about how to buy Modafinil in Greece.
Modafinil Side Effects and Safety
Just like every other medication, Modafinil does have a range of documented side effects.
The most common side effects include :
- Difficulty sleeping
- Stuffy nose
- Dry eyes/mouth
But don't worry: you're literally consuming one of the safest and most well-researched drugs in the world. Studies have found that fewer than 10 percent of people who take Modafinil experience any side effects at all .
Short of exceptional circumstances, most side effects gradually go away as your body gets used to Modafinil. Drinking at least two liters of water per day on days when you take this drug can help you avoid headaches and dry eyes and/or mouth.
However, if you don’t use Modafinil responsibly it’s entirely possible to overdose and develop a dependence issue.
We recommend that you never take more than 200 mg of Modafinil on any given day and that you never use the drug more than three days per week.
The more serious side effects associated with overdosing on Modafinil include chest pain, an irregular heartbeat, increased blood pressure, and unusual agitation .
If you experience any of these side effects, stop using Modafinil, and consult a medical professional immediately.
Is Modafinil Legal in Greece?
Now, we’re not lawyers. So this section about the legalities of Modafinil in Greece should not be construed as anything but hyperbole. This is NOT legal advice.
Is Modafinil legal in Greece?
The short answer is that yes, Modafinil is legal in Greece, provided you have a prescription. It is sold in pharmacies as ‘Modiodal’ and is available to people who have been diagnosed with narcolepsy and have a valid prescription.
If you are an expat or tourist, you can bring a personal supply of Modafinil with you when you arrive, provided you carry it in the original packaging with a copy of your prescription. To be fully covered, you must have been prescribed Modafinil by a doctor in your home country for a legitimate medical condition such as narcolepsy.
If you don’t have a prescription, it is illegal to buy Modafinil in Greece. However, under the Greek Drug Law of 1987, it is legal to possess Modafinil for personal use .
Well, Greece is a member of the European Union (EU) and, in common with all EU Member States, the country uses the three UN Conventions (1961, 1971, and 1988) to classify drugs .
These conventions distinguish between different drugs and organizes them into one of four different schedules: I, II, III, and IV. The most dangerous drugs are in Schedules I and III, while the less hazardous drugs are in Schedules II and IV. Instead of using Roman numerals, Greece uses letters A, B, C, and D, but the classifications remain the same.
Modafinil is classified as a Schedule D drug, one of the least hazardous types of drugs. It has a low risk of dependence, but it is a restricted medicine and can only be prescribed by a specialized physician . While it is an offense to sell Modafinil in Greece, it is not illegal to possess some for personal use.
Do You Need a Modafinil Prescription in Greece?
To legally buy ‘Modiodal’ (brand-name Modafinil) from a pharmacy in Greece, you must have a prescription from a Greek physician.
No Greek pharmacy will sell you Modafinil without a prescription. If you do not have a prescription, then it is illegal to buy Modafinil in Greece – online or from a pharmacy.
As we explained above, if you are visiting Greece, you can legally bring a personal supply of Modafinil with you provided you keep it in its original packaging with a copy of your prescription.
If you visit a doctor during your time in Greece, they may accept this letter as the basis for prescribing Modiodal to you. However, this is rare.
Now, there is another way to get your hands on Modafinil while living in Greece that doesn’t involve a prescription…
You can buy Modafinil online and have it shipped to your address.
Is this 100% legal? No, but as we explained above, there are no laws against possessing Modafinil for personal use in Greece.
During our time in Greece, we didn’t have any legal issues importing Modafinil for personal use. We've never heard about anyone having a problem either.
But again, we aren’t lawyers and you must do due diligence before buying nootropics online.
Where to Buy Modafinil Online in Greece | 2021 Guide
Now we're getting to the most crucial part of this guide. Well, the second most important part after getting the legalities out of the way:
Where can you buy Modafinil online in Greece?
After a little trial and error, we've found the two absolute best Modafinil vendors that offer guaranteed delivery to Greece.
Here they are:
If you're looking for low prices, the best customer service in the industry, and guaranteed delivery to Greece, look no further than Buy Moda.
They are the oldest and most established online vendor in the world and do an incredible job shipping Modafinil to Greece in record time. Generally, orders will arrive in 4-11 working days. And shipping is free when you spend over $100!
Here are some of the unbeatable benefits offered by this vendor:
- Guaranteed Delivery: If for whatever reason your order from Buy Moda doesn’t arrive, you’ll get a free reshipment or a full refund. Almost 100% of their shipments sail through customs but, in the off chance that some uptight customs agent seizes your package or it gets lost, you will get your money back.
- Top-Rated Customer Service: Buy Moda is an American-owned and staffed vendor that offers the best customer service you're going to find from any Modafinil pharmacy. We’ve never been anything less than highly impressed by their customer service team. You don't want a lazy, unresponsive squad when you have any issues. So far, we've had none with Buy Moda.
- Great Prices: Considering the above, you'd think that the prices might be high, but you'd be wrong. Buy Moda’s prices are affordable given the overall quality they offer. You won't have to break the bank when you shop here.
- HUGE Discounts: There are many ways to save when you order from Buy Moda. For starters, they have a special code – ‘BUYMODA#1’ – that will get you 10% off your entire order. You can get a further 20% off simply by paying with Bitcoin. As if that wasn’t enough, you can get 30 free pills when you spend over $150 and 20% extra pills on your second order!
- Discreet Packaging: This won’t apply to all of you, but discreet packaging is nice if you are living with your parents, housemates, or other people who you don’t want to find out about your Modafinil habit. You can keep your business private.
Overall, Buy Moda is the best place to buy Modafinil online in Greece right now. They offer legit Modafinil at rock-bottom prices and have great shipping times.
Check them out!
Get 10% off all Buy Moda products as a Modafinil.com reader.
Just use this code at checkout: BUYMODA#1
While we guarantee that you’ll love Buy Moda as much as we do, you may be looking for a second option. We’ve got you covered. Our second pick for a world-class Modafinil vendor is none other than Modafinil XL.
Here’s what we love about them:
- Free Reships and Refunds: Just like Buy Moda, you have nothing to worry about when you shop with Modafinil XL. In the extremely unlikely event that your order is stopped or lost, you’ll be pleased to know that you can request a free reshipment or a FULL refund. No questions asked! No one likes losing money, so hopefully, this should give you peace of mind.
- 20% Bitcoin Discount: Modafinil XL’s prices aren’t quite as low as Buy Moda’s, but they DO offer a 20% discount for those who pay with Bitcoin. While they also offer a 10%-off coupon code (‘ENJOY10OFF’), this doesn’t work in conjunction with the Bitcoin discount. Still nice to know about, though, just in case you don’t feel like paying with crypto.
- FREE Shipping on Orders over $80: Whereas Buy Moda’s free shipping only kicks in at $100, you’ll find that Modafinil XL offers this perk on all orders over $80. Just another fun little way to save.
- New Products: If you’re an old hand when it comes to Modafinil and are looking for the next big thing, you’ll be delighted to know that Modafinil XL stocks a special sublingual brand called Indian MD. This is absorbed under your tongue for a faster, more intense hit. Try it now!
- FREE Sample Pack: If you’re a nootropics newbie and just want to test some Modafinil for the first time, we highly recommend ordering a free trial pack. Modafinil XL will send you 10 free Modalert (generic Modafinil) pills. All they ask is that you cover the $29 shipping.
We believe that Modafinil XL does an incredible job shipping nootropics to Greece. We’re sure you’ll love them too! They are ideal for newcomers and experienced nootropics aficionados alike.
Get 10% off all ModafinilXL products as a Modafinil.com reader.
Just use this code at checkout: ENJOY10OFF
‘Brand Name' Modafinil and Armodafinil in Greece
If you’re confused about the differences between Modafinil, Modiodal, Provigil, and Modalert, then this is the section for you.
Here, we’ll explain everything you need to know about the difference between brand-name Modafinil and Armodafinil and the generic brands you can buy online.
First of all, the officially registered product name for Modafinil in Greece is ‘Modiodal’. If you have a prescription and go to a Greek pharmacy, that’s what you’ll find.
However, there’s also a newer version of Modafinil called Armodafinil. This is sold under the brand-name ‘Nuvigil’ and is also available in most pharmacies here.
Now, if you’re curious about the differences between Modafinil and Armodafinil, here’s the deal:
These drugs are “enantiopure compounds”, meaning that on a chemical level they are like carbon copies of each other. Armodafinil was developed and released in the early 2000s as an updated, improved version of Modafinil. It has a longer half-life and is designed to deliver the same wakefulness benefits as Modafinil with less of the active ingredient.
That’s why Armodafinil pills are 150 mg and Modafinil are 200 mg. You can take a smaller amount of Armodafinil and get the same benefits as you’d get from a larger amount of Modafinil.
But if you don’t have a prescription and decide to shop online, you won’t find Modiodal or Nuvigil for sale.
Instead, you’ll find the following generic Modafinil products:
- Modalert (Generic Modafinil)
- Modvigil (Generic Modafinil)
- Waklert (Generic Armodafinil)
- Artvigil (Generica Armodafinil)
Modalert and Modvigil are the premier generic Modafinil products on the market today while Waklert and Artvigil are the top generic Armodafinil products. People from around the world routinely use these nootropics to enhance their minds and stay energized all day – and all night.
Now, just in case you think that you must have brand-name ‘Modiodal’ to get the ‘real’ Modafinil experience, hear us out. Members of our team have all had brand-name Modafinil in the past and can confirm that generics act just the same.
There’s ZERO difference between brand-name products and generics…except for the price. Generic brands tend to cost 10x less than their brand-name counterparts.
However, we always recommend first-time Modafinil users try all four of the products above and see how their mind and body reacts. Most individuals will find that they develop a preference for one drug over the others. That’s just the way it goes.
As we explained above, Modafinil is a ‘Schedule D' drug in Greece and can only be bought legally if you have a prescription.
While we’re confident that you won’t have any issues getting buying some Modafinil from one of our recommended vendors, we realize that not everyone wants to worry about buying prescription medicine online.
We get it. That’s why we also recommend a Modafinil alternative that’s 100% legal:
Mind Lab Pro
Mind Lab Pro is a comprehensive natural nootropic that contains 11 — yes 11 — key ingredients that each assists you in a different area of cognitive performance.
This over-the-counter nootropic helps you with everything from memory recall to mood support/balance, learning, concentration, and more!
All of its ingredients have been scientifically proven to work.
For starters, you’ve got Bacopa Monnieri which is one of the most popular and effective natural nootropics on the market today. It has a tremendous impact on short-term memory and is also a potent neuroprotectant . Bacopa helps keep your brain healthy and keeps it functioning at a high level, which is something that Modafinil doesn’t offer.
Then you’ve also got Lion's Mane Mushroom, which basically lights up your brain and keeps you focused and productive for HOURS. Just like Bacopa, Lion’s Mane also helps staves off the effects of aging and keeps your brain in optimum condition .
Mind Lab Pro offers a Modafinil-like boost in your mood, memory, and concentration, with NONE of the side effects.
Well, Mind Lab Pro is a natural product so you *only* get around six hours of high-level focus. Yes, this is far less than Modafinil but remember: this nootropic has ZERO side effects. It also offers cellular rejuvenation and other unique benefits you’ll find almost nowhere else. It's the most comprehensive nootropic supplement we've ever used.
For this reason, it's our #1 recommended nootropic for those who don’t want to order a prescription drug online. It’s also great for those who do take Modafinil and want a safe alternative for their ‘off’ days from the drug.
Mind Lab Pro!
Modafinil in Greece | The Verdict?
If you were curious about how to buy Modafinil in Greece, hopefully, this guide has answered all of your questions.
We’ve covered the facts behind Modafinil, its legal status in Greece, and everything you need to know about where to buy it.
We’ve even given you our top recommendation for a safe, natural, Modafinil alternative that you can take to keep your brain healthy and in optimum condition.
- (n.d.). Retrieved from https://www.webmd.com/drugs/2/drug-16962/modafinil-oral/details
- Pigeau R, Naitoh P, Buguet A, McCann C, Baranski J, Taylor M, Thompson M, MacK I I. Modafinil, d-amphetamine and placebo during 64 hours of sustained mental work. I. Effects on mood, fatigue, cognitive performance and body temperature. J Sleep Res. 1995 Dec;4(4):212-228. doi: 10.1111/j.1365-2869.1995.tb00172.x. PMID: 10607161.
- Young JW. Dopamine D1 and D2 receptor family contributions to modafinil-induced wakefulness. J Neurosci. 2009;29(9):2663–2665. doi:10.1523/JNEUROSCI.5843-08.2009
- Müller, U., Rowe, J. B., Rittman, T., Lewis, C., Robbins, T. W., & Sahakian, B. J. (2013, January). Effects of modafinil on non-verbal cognition, task enjoyment and creative thinking in healthy volunteers. Retrieved from https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3485563/
- Brown RE, Stevens DR, Haas HL. The physiology of brain histamine. Prog Neurobiol. 2001 Apr;63(6):637-72. doi: 10.1016/s0301-0082(00)00039-3. PMID: 11164999.
- Zolkowska D, Jain R, Rothman RB, Partilla JS, Roth BL, Setola V, Prisinzano TE, Baumann MH. Evidence for the involvement of dopamine transporters in behavioral stimulant effects of modafinil. J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 2009 May;329(2):738-46. doi: 10.1124/jpet.108.146142. Epub 2009 Feb 5. PMID: 19197004; PMCID: PMC2672878.
- Minzenberg MJ, Carter CS. Modafinil: a review of neurochemical actions and effects on cognition. Neuropsychopharmacology. 2008 Jun;33(7):1477-502. doi: 10.1038/sj.npp.1301534. Epub 2007 Aug 22. PMID: 17712350.
- Apo-Modafinil. (n.d.). Retrieved from https://www.rexall.ca/articles/view/2663/Apo-Modafinil#adverseeffects_title
- Greenblatt K, Adams N. Modafinil. 2020 Sep 11. In: StatPearls [Internet]. Treasure Island (FL): StatPearls Publishing; 2020 Jan–. PMID: 30285371.
- Modafinil Side Effects. (2019, November 19). Retrieved from https://www.drugs.com/sfx/modafinil-side-effects.html
- Country legal profiles. (n.d.). Retrieved from http://www.emcdda.europa.eu/html.cfm/index5174EN.html?pluginMethod=eldd.countryprofiles&country=GR
- European Monitoring Center for Drugs and Drug Addiction. (n.d.). Retrieved from http://www.emcdda.europa.eu/emcdda-home-page_en
- Assessment report for modafinil containing medicinal products. (2011, January 27). Retrieved from https://www.ema.europa.eu/en/documents/referral/modafinil-h-31-1186-article-31-referral-assessment-report_en.pdf
- Aguiar S, Borowski T. Neuropharmacological review of the nootropic herb Bacopa monnieri. Rejuvenation Res. 2013 Aug;16(4):313-26. doi: 10.1089/rej.2013.1431. PMID: 23772955; PMCID: PMC3746283.
- Rossi P, Cesaroni V, Brandalise F, Occhinegro A, Ratto D, Perrucci F, Lanaia V, Girometta C, Orrù G, Savino E. Dietary Supplementation of Lion's Mane Medicinal Mushroom, Hericium erinaceus (Agaricomycetes), and Spatial Memory in Wild-Type Mice. Int J Med Mushrooms. 2018;20(5):485-494. doi: 10.1615/IntJMedMushrooms.2018026241. PMID: 29953363.