Wondering how to buy Modafinil in Hungary these days? If so, then you've come to the perfect place.
In this detailed article, we'll explain everything you need to know about buying Modafinil in the country. From benefits to side effects, legalities, importing…and more.
If you’re simply looking for our recommended online Modafinil pharmacy for Hungarians and expats alike, click the link above.
But if you want to know more, then keep on reading this detailed guide. Everything you need to know about Modafinil and other nootropics in Hungary can be found here.
What Is Modafinil?
Seems like a good place to start; what is Modafinil?
Modafinil is often referred to as the real-life “Limitless” pill. That may be a bit much, but this drug is definitely impressive.
Modafinil started life as an experimental treatment for narcolepsy and was first tested in France during the '70s. It was first released under the brand name ‘Modiodal’ in France in 1994, before being released throughout Europe and the rest of the world under various different brand names.
While Modafinil’s main use is to treat narcolepsy, it also offers numerous ‘off label’ benefits . Doctors often prescribe it ‘off label’ to treat everything from sleep apnea  to Shift Work Sleep Disorder, Attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder , and cocaine dependence , among others.
Now, you may not be interested in treating medical conditions with Modafinil. You are likely more interested in taking it ‘off prescription’ as a smart drug, or nootropic.
That’s because it rapidly increases levels of histamine and dopamine in the brain [5, 6]. These two neurotransmitters create a sense of well being and hyper-alertness while promoting productivity and improved concentration [7, 8]. Best of all, these effects last for over 12 hours.
As almost every hustler, Wall Street professional, grad student, and startup CEO worth their salt knows, Modafinil delivers almost superhuman cognitive benefits when used responsibly.
We’re talking about research-backed benefits such as:
- The ability to maintain a ‘laser-like’ focus .
- Dramatically increased motivation and productivity .
- Decreased fatigue and increased endurance .
- Vastly improved memory and short-term recall .
Before you get too excited, Modafinil is not NZT-48; it won’t help you master the piano in an afternoon or finish a research paper in your sleep. But it will allow you to work longer and harder than you’d otherwise be able to. You can get more stuff done, work or study more effectively, and crush your workload effortlessly.
Combined with a proper diet, sleep routine, and exercise plan, Modafinil will help you access levels of mental performance you never knew you were capable of.
Modafinil Side Effects and Safety
We've painted a rosy picture of Modafinil, but you may be wondering about its side effects. The good news is that there aren't too many. Many militaries around the world give Modafinil to pilots to promote focus and wakefulness during long operations and have found that it is extremely well-tolerated . The Royal Singaporean Air Force found that fewer than two percent of pilots experienced any side effects when they took this drug .
The most common side effects are:
- Difficulty sleeping and/or insomnia.
- Dry mouth and/or throat.
- Loss of appetite.
- Increased agitation and/or anxiety.
Luckily, you can easily avoid most of these by taking a few basic precautions.
Firstly, Modafinil does suppress appetite and can cause you to skip meals or forget to drink enough during the day. This is what causes some of the side effects listed above such as headaches, a dry mouth and throat, and nausea. To avoid these, simply make a conscious effort to drink at least two liters of water during the day, and stick to your regular meal times.
Secondly, as Modafinil increases levels of histamines, it can interrupt your normal sleep cycle. If you want to pull an all-nighter, that’s fine. But Modafinil shouldn’t be used as a replacement for sleep; your mind needs sleep to function. To stop Modafinil interfering with your sleep, simply take it early in the morning before 9 am. Its effects should have worn off by your usual bedtime.
We recommend that you take no more than one 200mg tablet of Modafinil per day, for a maximum of 2-3 times per week. Studies have determined that this level of Modafinil intake is generally safe for healthy users . At this dose, the drug doesn’t have the same risk factors as other stimulants and amphetamines. The only reported case of anyone developing a Modafinil dependence involved a patient who consumed over 1,200mg of the drug per day .
If you use Modafinil responsibly and stick to our recommended dose, the few side effects that you experience will be relatively minor and acute. You might feel a little nauseous, or experience some slight stomach pain or a bit of anxiety, but that's about it.
If you're healthy, you have little to worry about. Bear in mind though, we’re not doctors and this isn’t medical advice.
Is Modafinil Legal in Hungary?
Yes! But with a catch.
Modafinil is entirely legal provided you have been diagnosed with narcolepsy and have a prescription from a doctor. As a member of the European Union, Hungary is subject to the European Medicines Agency and its rules regarding importing and prescribing medicines .
In 2012, the EMA ruled that Modafinil was only to be sold or distributed from a pharmacy to those with a prescription . That's it. You can't get it simply by asking for it. You can try and fake a condition like narcolepsy, but we don't recommend it. Your doctor will refer you to a sleep specialist who will ask for tests, and you can't fake those. The truth will come out.
Instead, it's much easier and cheaper to order generic Modafinil from an online vendor. And don't worry about quality. Generic Modafinil from a quality vendor is just as good as brand name Modafinil.
You won't have any legal issues importing Modafinil for personal use in Hungary. Personal use generally means a three month supply. So if you're importing 100 Modafinil tablets in Hungary, you won't have any issues.
But we’re not lawyers and this isn’t legal advice.
How to Get a Modafinil Prescription in Hungary
You MUST have a real sleep-related issue. There is no other way.
It's hard to get a Modafinil prescription in most countries, including Hungary.
Unless you have a personal relationship with a doctor who is loose with the prescription pad, it makes much more sense to order Modafinil online from a vendor. The only significant difference is that generic Modafinil is about 10x cheaper than brand-name Modafinil.
So, let's take a more in-depth look at the best vendors that ship to Hungary…
Where to Buy Modafinil Online in Hungary? | 2022 Guide.
This is the section you've all been waiting for. Both of the vendors you'll read about below are exceptional. We guarantee that you’ll love what they offer.
They carry great products, offer world-class customer service, and have easy-to-use websites.
Buy Moda is the undisputed king of Modafinil vendors right now.
We've had incredible success shipping Modafinil all around the world with this online Modafinil pharmacy, including to Hungary.
Here's what Buy Moda does well:
- First-Class Customer Service: The customer service at Buy Moda is nothing short of phenomenal. As an American-owned business, their friendly American support specialists are super responsive and highly professional. They’ll handle any issue promptly.
- Discreet Packaging: If you’re living with your parents, roommates, or anyone who you’d rather didn’t find out about your Modafinil habit, then rest assured, Buy Moda’s packaging is discreet.
- Guaranteed Delivery: Buy Moda offers a full money-back guarantee on every order. If you for whatever reason don't receive your Modafinil, you'll get a free reshipment or a full refund. No questions asked.
- Big Crypto Discount: How does 20% off your order sound? Buy Moda’s already great prices become super affordable when you pay with Bitcoin.
- Other Deals: In addition to the above bitcoin discount, Buy Moda offers additional bonuses like free shipping on orders over $100, 30 free pills on all orders over $150, and 20% extra pills on your second and all subsequent orders.
Clearly, Buy Moda fully deserves its number one spot. They offer everything you could possibly ask for from a quality vendor. Their products are great, their shipping is fast, and their guaranteed delivery is unbeatable.
Get 15% off all Buy Moda products as a Modafinil.com reader.
Just use this code at checkout: BUYMODA#1
Our #2 recommended Modafinil supplier for anyone living in Hungary is none other than Modafinil XL. These guys are phenomenal and we’re confident you’ll love them as much as we do!
Specifically, here’s what they offer.
- Guaranteed Delivery: Modafinil XL guarantees all deliveries and offers free reships and full refunds in the highly unlikely event that your order doesn’t show up.
- Free Shipping: All orders over $80 get free shipping, while orders over $150 get complimentary express shipping. This saves you a ton of time and money!
- Great Freebies: Every single order gets 10 free Modafinil pills and 10 free Armodafinil as part of the service. You don’t even have to add them to your cart – they are included as standard.
- 20% Crypto Discount: Pay with Bitcoin and Modafinil XL will lop 20% off your order. Just another great way to save!
- Free Trial Pack: If you cover the $29 shipping fee, the guys at Modafinil XL will ship you 10 free Modafinil or Armodafinil tablets – absolutely free! This way, you get to discover first-hand how fast their shipping is and how effective their nootropics are.
Modafinil XL may not be our top pick, but they certainly give Buy Moda a run for their money. In fact, they may be the BEST vendor for anyone who just wants to test Modafinil due to their neat little trial packs.
Get 10% off all ModafinilXL products as a Modafinil.com reader.
Just use this code at checkout: ENJOY10OFF
‘Brand Name' Modafinil and Armodafinil in Hungary
As we mentioned earlier, Modafinil was first released in France under the brand name ‘Modiodal’ in 1994. It was subsequently released throughout Europe under various brand names such as ‘Provigil’, ‘Modasomil’, and ‘Vigil’.
But in the early 2000s, the company behind Modafinil, Cephalon, developed a newer, more effective drug called Armodafinil. This is an “enantiopure compound” of Modafinil, which means the two drugs are like mirror-images of each other. However, Armodafinil has a longer half-life and is thought to be more effective at treating narcolepsy. It is commonly sold under the brand name ‘Nuvigil’.
When it comes to the Modafinil stocked at Hungarian pharmacies, the two most common brand names you’ll find are Provigil and Nuvigil. But when you shop online, you’ll see generic versions of these drugs such as:
It is normal to wonder whether these generic drugs are any good. The answer is that they are identical to their brand-name counterparts. At a chemical level, they are indistinguishable. The dose, strength, purity, and action are the same.
We’ll say that again:
We strongly suggest that you order a sample pack and try them for yourself. You’ll get a sense about how your body responds to each drug and may form a favorite one.
While we aren’t lawyers, we’re confident that there is no legal risk involved in ordering generic Modafinil and having it shipped to your address in Hungary. You won't get arrested for buying Modafinil, provided it’s for your personal use.
But still, there’s one very important reason why you may want an over-the-counter alternative; your health.
As we explained earlier, taking Modafinil more than 2-3 times per week is not recommended. It’s good to have another nootropic to cycle with it so that you can still get a cognitive boost on your ‘off-days’ from Modafinil.
There's one OTC nootropic that stands above the rest…
Mind Lab Pro
Mind Lab Pro is a comprehensive all-in-one nootropic. It's become our favorite nootropic to cycle with Modafinil. It contains 11 research-backed ingredients that each correspond to healing, boosting, or rejuvenating a different area of your brain.
The most powerful ingredients in Mind Lab Pro are:
- Bacopa Monnieri: Bacopa is one of the best natural nootropics on the planet. It has been proven to offer long-term neuroprotection while simultaneously improving memory .
- Citicoline: This powerful nootropic works synergistically to boost other nootropics, especially Bacopa .
- Lion's Mane Mushroom: This natural extract helps lower anxiety and mimics the mood-boosting effects of Modafinil without increasing dopamine .
Mind Lab Pro gives you Modafinil-like effects with none of the side effects. It may not give you 12+ hours of ‘tunnel-vision’ focus, but it lasts a solid 6+ hours. That’s plenty enough for accomplishing whatever you need to get done.
This is our go-to Modafinil alternative for good reason.
Highly, highly recommended!
Mind Lab Pro!
Modafinil In Hungary | The Verdict?
That's about everything you'd ever need to know about buying Modafinil in Hungary!
From where to buy it online to how to get a Modafinil prescription, we've covered it all in this entertaining guide. We’ve even shown you the premier Modafinil alternative.
- Modafinil. (n.d.). Retrieved from https://www.webmd.com/drugs/2/drug-16962/modafinil-oral/details
- Gerrard P, Malcolm R. Mechanisms of modafinil: A review of current research. Neuropsychiatr Dis Treat. 2007;3(3):349–364.
- Biederman J, Swanson JM, Wigal SB, Boellner SW, Earl CQ, Lopez FA; Modafinil ADHD Study Group. A comparison of once-daily and divided doses of modafinil in children with attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder: a randomized, double-blind, and placebo-controlled study. J Clin Psychiatry. 2006 May;67(5):727-35. doi: 10.4088/jcp.v67n0506. PMID: 16841622.
- Dackis CA, Kampman KM, Lynch KG, Pettinati HM, O'Brien CP. A double-blind, placebo-controlled trial of modafinil for cocaine dependence. Neuropsychopharmacology. 2005 Jan;30(1):205-11. doi: 10.1038/sj.npp.1300600. PMID: 15525998.
- Ishizuka T, Sakamoto Y, Sakurai T, Yamatodani A. Modafinil increases histamine release in the anterior hypothalamus of rats. Neurosci Lett. 2003;339(2):143-146. doi:10.1016/s0304-3940(03)00006-5
- Zolkowska D, Jain R, Rothman RB, Partilla JS, Roth BL, Setola V, Prisinzano TE, Baumann MH. Evidence for the involvement of dopamine transporters in behavioral stimulant effects of modafinil. J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 2009 May;329(2):738-46. doi: 10.1124/jpet.108.146142. Epub 2009 Feb 5. PMID: 19197004; PMCID: PMC2672878.
- Brown RE, Stevens DR, Haas HL. The physiology of brain histamine. Prog Neurobiol. 2001;63(6):637-672. doi:10.1016/s0301-0082(00)00039-3
- Minzenberg MJ, Carter CS. Modafinil: a review of neurochemical actions and effects on cognition. Neuropsychopharmacology. 2008 Jun;33(7):1477-502. doi: 10.1038/sj.npp.1301534. Epub 2007 Aug 22. PMID: 17712350.
- Chapotot F, Pigeau R, Canini F, Bourdon L, Buguet A. Distinctive effects of modafinil and d-amphetamine on the homeostatic and circadian modulation of the human waking EEG. Psychopharmacology (Berl). 2003 Mar;166(2):127-38. doi: 10.1007/s00213-002-1315-8. Epub 2003 Jan 28. PMID: 12552359. 5.
- Pigeau R, Naitoh P, Buguet A, McCann C, Baranski J, Taylor M, Thompson M, MacK I I. Modafinil, d-amphetamine and placebo during 64 hours of sustained mental work. I. Effects on mood, fatigue, cognitive performance and body temperature. J Sleep Res. 1995 Dec;4(4):212-228. doi: 10.1111/j.1365-2869.1995.tb00172.x. PMID: 10607161.
- Young JW. Dopamine D1 and D2 receptor family contributions to modafinil-induced wakefulness. J Neurosci. 2009;29(9):2663–2665. doi:10.1523/JNEUROSCI.5843-08.2009
- Müller, U., Rowe, J. B., Rittman, T., Lewis, C., Robbins, T. W., & Sahakian, B. J. (2013, January). Effects of modafinil on non-verbal cognition, task enjoyment and creative thinking in healthy volunteers. Retrieved from https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3485563/
- Estrada A, Kelley AM, Webb CM, Athy JR, Crowley JS. Modafinil as a replacement for dextroamphetamine for sustaining alertness in military helicopter pilots. Aviat Space Environ Med. 2012;83(6):556-64.
- Ooi T, Wong SH, See B. Modafinil as a Stimulant for Military Aviators. Aerosp Med Hum Perform. 2019;90(5):480-483. doi:10.3357/AMHP.5298.2019
- Teodorini, R. D., Rycroft, N., & Smith-Spark, J. H. (2020, February 5). The off-prescription use of modafinil: An online survey of perceived risks and benefits. Retrieved from https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7001904/
- Krishnan R, Chary KV. A rare case modafinil dependence. J Pharmacol Pharmacother. 2015;6(1):49-50. doi:10.4103/0976-500X.149149
- The European regulatory system for medicines. (2016). Retrieved from https://www.ema.europa.eu/en/documents/leaflet/european-regulatory-system-medicines-european-medicines-agency-consistent-approach-medicines_en.pdf
- (2018, September 20). European Medicines Agency recommends restricting the use of modafinil -. Retrieved from https://www.ema.europa.eu/en/news/european-medicines-agency-recommends-restricting-use-modafinil
- Kongkeaw C, Dilokthornsakul P, Thanarangsarit P, Limpeanchob N, Norman Scholfield C. Meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials on cognitive effects of Bacopa monnieri extract. J Ethnopharmacol. 2014;151(1):528-535. doi:10.1016/j.jep.2013.11.008
- Grieb P. Neuroprotective properties of citicoline: facts, doubts and unresolved issues. CNS Drugs. 2014;28(3):185-193. doi:10.1007/s40263-014-0144-8
- Mori K, Inatomi S, Ouchi K, Azumi Y, Tuchida T. Improving effects of the mushroom Yamabushitake (Hericium erinaceus) on mild cognitive impairment: a double-blind placebo-controlled clinical trial. Phytother Res. 2009;23(3):367-372. doi:10.1002/ptr.2634