If you’re curious about how to buy Modafinil in Ireland, then we’ve got you covered.
In this detailed guide, we’ll explain down everything you need to know about getting your hands on the ultimate smart drug in the ‘Emerald Isle’. From the benefits to the legalities and the best vendors, we’ll cover it all.
If you’re pressed for time, here’s the short answer:
But if you’re looking for more information, then just keep reading…
Our only goal for this guide is to help you buy Modafinil without any issues. Fortunately, buying Modafinil in Ireland is pretty straightforward these days.
Disclaimer: Modafinil.com does not offer medical diagnosis or treatment advice. Modafinil.com makes no claims that the products referenced can cure, treat or prevent any conditions, including any conditions referenced on its website or in print materials. Patients suffering from any of these conditions should consult their physician prior to using prescription medication. This information, including any referenced scientific or clinical research, is made available for educational purposes only. Modafinil.com makes every effort to ensure that any information it shares complies with national and international standards for clinical trial information and is committed to the timely disclosure of the design and results of all interventional clinical studies for innovative treatments publicly available or that may be made available. However, research is not considered conclusive. Always consult your healthcare provider with any questions. Statements regarding Modafinil.com products are the opinions of the individuals making them and are not necessarily the same as those of Modafinil.com..
What is Modafinil?
Modafinil has gained worldwide fame for being the best cognitive enhancing drug on the planet. Some people refer to it as the real-life ‘Limitless’ pill. It is, without question, the world’s most popular smart drug.
Modafinil offers the following benefits:
- 12+ hours of intense focus 
- Reduced fatigue 
- Increased productivity 
- Improved memory retention 
- Enhanced executive functioning 
- …And more!
Modafinil doesn’t make you feel ‘high’ – it just gives you a sense of heightened alertness and increased vigilance. It makes you feel like you can accomplish anything while you’re on it.
But don’t take our word for it.
Modafinil has been well-researched and numerous peer-reviewed studies attest to Modafinil’s effectiveness as a cognitive enhancer.
Modafinil belongs to a class of medicines known as ‘eugeroics’, which means it promotes ‘wakefulness’ and helps people stay awake. It was discovered in France during the mid-70s and launched there in 1994 under the brand name ‘Modiodal’.
Modafinil is mostly used to treat narcolepsy (excessive daytime drowsiness), but is also used to treat the following conditions:
- Sleep apnea.
- Shift Work Sleep Disorder (SWSD).
- Attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) .
- Cocaine addiction .
Shortly after the U.S. FDA approved Modafinil as a narcolepsy treatment in 1998, its popularity took off. Droves of Silicon Valley executives and CEOs started using ‘Provigil' (the US brand-name for Modafinil) to focus and concentrate for extended periods.
Modafinil quickly surpassed Adderall as the world’s most popular study drug and Modafinil found itself at the forefront of a smart drug craze that swept the United States from coast to coast and, later, around the world.
You see, there’s a very good reason why you’re curious about how to buy Modafinil in Ireland;
Modafinil Side Effects and Safety
With great power comes great responsibility, and Modafinil is awesomely powerful.
But that means you're responsible for knowing about its side effects and how to dose it properly.
When taken at the recommended dose of 200mg, Modafinil rarely causes any problems, however, some of its reported side effects include :
- Aggressive behaviour
- Difficulty sleeping
- Appetite loss
- Dry mouth
- Back pain
- Slightly elevated heart rate
Before you think that Modafinil is going to turn you into the Incredible Hulk, hear us out.
From our own experience of using Modafinil and observing other users, aggression is typically only an issue with individuals who are predisposed to act this way, to begin with. Modafinil can sometimes amplify existing personality characteristics within the user, so be mindful of your temper if you're easily prone to fits of rage and want to take this drug.
Difficulty sleeping is a very common side effect, especially if you take Modafinil in the afternoon. That’s because when you take Modafinil, you're basically disrupting your body's natural sleep cycle. Modafinil is a central nervous system (CNS) stimulant that increases levels of ‘histamine’ in the brain . This is what keeps you feeling alert, but it can also disrupt your sleeping pattern .
Fortunately, you can avoid this by taking Modafinil early in the morning. You should be ready to fall asleep at your usual bedtime. Using Modafinil any later than that will lead to unwanted restlessness, which in turn will leave you feeling groggy when you wake up the next morning.
Many first-time users want to know whether Modafinil is addictive. The answer is that it isn’t addictive, but you do need to be careful about how much you take, and how often. That’s because Modafinil causes higher levels of dopamine in the brain  which is what improves your mood and memory .
In theory, taking too much Modafinil can lead to dependence. However, cases of dependence are extremely rare and involve people taking massive amounts (1,200mg+) of Modafinil .
That’s why we recommend taking 100-200mg of Modafinil per dose and limiting your use to just once or twice per week, or on days when you really need 12+ hours of focus.
Is Modafinil Legal in Ireland?
Now, we’re not lawyers. Nor are we legal scholars. So, this section about the legalities of Modafinil in Ireland should not be construed as anything but hyperbole.
This is NOT advice.
In Ireland, the principle document covering the legality of drugs and medicine is the 1977 Misuse of Drugs Acts, amended in 2016. According to the Misuse of Drugs Regulations 1988, all controlled substances fall into one of five schedules, depending on the usefulness of the drugs and the nature of the controls required :
- Schedule 1: MDMA, cannabis, and LSD.
- Schedule 2: Cocaine, heroin, methadone, and morphine.
The two schedules above are considered the most serious of substances and carry equally harsh penalties. Things become less of a problem as you move down the list:
- Schedule 3: Other psychotropic substances such as phentermine.
- Schedule 4: Medications such as diazepam.
As you can read for yourself, Modafinil is not specifically listed as a controlled substance in either the 1997 Act or the 2016 Amendment. It isn’t mentioned under any of its known brand names such as ‘Provigil’, nor by its chemical name (2-[(R)-benzhydrylsulfinyl]acetamide).
Modafinil was introduced to Ireland under the brand name ‘Provigil’ in January 1999 and is a product that is subject to prescription. According to Ireland’s Health Products Regulatory Authority (HPRA), Provigil is a prescription-only medicine and its only approved use is to treat narcolepsy .
Misuse of Drugs Act
While Modafinil isn’t explicitly banned, the Misuse of Drugs Acts does prohibit pharmacists from supplying prescription-only medicines over the counter:
“a person keeping open shop for the dispensing or compounding of medical prescriptions or for the sale of poisons shall not supply a specified controlled drug on a prescription other than on a prescription issued by a registered medical practitioner in accordance with Regulation 5(1).”
Therefore, you can only legally buy Provigil in Ireland if you have a prescription from an Irish general practitioner (GP). No Irish pharmacy will sell you Provigil without a prescription.
If you do not have a prescription, then it is illegal to buy Provigil in Ireland – online or from a pharmacy.
In Ireland, GPs provide the majority of primary health care and an Irish GP would only prescribe Provigil if you had been diagnosed with narcolepsy. In our experience, being prescribed Provigil by an Irish GP would be extremely difficult. Depending on the region, Irish GPs usually charge up to €80 for a consultation.
If you’re a tourist, you need a doctor’s letter from your home country stating that you have narcolepsy or a related condition. Even then, your chances of being prescribed Provigil would be minimal. Visiting multiple GPs in the private sector would see you burn through a significant amount of cash until you had any success.
Now, there are other ways to get your hands on Modafinil while living in the Emerald Isle. You can buy Modafinil online and have it shipped to your address in Ireland.
Is this legal? No, not exactly. But this is where Modafinil falls into somewhat of a legal grey area. Possession of any controlled substance (including Provigil or generic forms of Modafinil) without due authorization (a prescription) is an offense under the Misuse of Drugs, Acts 1977-2016.
However, there is a difference between drug possession for personal use and drug possession with the intent to sell or supply. Just like other drugs such as anabolic steroids, Provigil is illegal to buy without a prescription but is legal to possess for personal use.
So what happens if you buy Modafinil from an online pharmacy and try to have it shipped to Ireland?
Nothing bad. There have been zero arrests or legal issues from people ordering smart drugs online for personal use in Ireland. Not a single one!
The worst thing that happens is the package is seized and destroyed by customs, and even that is quite rare.
When you buy from one of our recommended online Modafinil pharmacies below, you won’t have any hassles. They offer guaranteed delivery which means you either get your Modafinil or you get a full refund.
But again, we’re not lawyers, so make of this section what you will.
Where to Buy Modafinil in Ireland | 2021 Guide
You came here for the good stuff. The exact places where you can order Modafinil online while in Ireland. If that's what you're looking for, then pay attention:
Here are the two best Modafinil vendors that ship to Ireland with guaranteed delivery:
If you're looking for the best customer service in the industry and great prices on Modafinil, then we recommend checking out Buy Moda.
We love this Modafinil vendor for a number of reasons, including:
- World-Class Customer Service: Buy Moda is owned by an American and all of its support staff are American. This makes a huge difference to their customer service. They provide unbeatable support and always reply quickly to emails. There's also a 24/7 chat option that you can use to ask any questions.
- Low Prices: If you're looking to buy Modafinil in Ireland on the cheap, Buy Moda won’t disappoint. Their prices are some of the lowest we've seen in the industry, especially when you factor in their enviable discounts and deals, such as 30 FREE pills on all orders over $150.
- Fast and Free Shipping: With UK dispatch and free shipping, your order will arrive in Ireland in 7-11 days. We've even had orders arrive in as little as 4 days. That's fast. EMS shipping is free too!
- Payment Methods: These guys accept every payment method under the sun, such as credit card, Bitcoin, and many more. If you ever have processing issues, just open up the live chat. The team will help you through the payment process with a handful of different options.
- GUARANTEED Delivery: Buy Moda offers guaranteed delivery in Ireland. You either get your Modafinil or you get a reshipment, or a refund. No risk on your part!
- Bitcoin Discount: On top of all that, you can get 20% off your entire order simply by paying with Bitcoin.
As you can see, Buy Moda offers a wealth of benefits such as rock-bottom prices, insane discounts, and industry-leading customer service.
That’s why we recommend starting here when looking to buy Modafinil in Ireland!
Get 10% off all Buy Moda products as a Modafinil.com reader.
Just use this code at checkout: BUYMODA#1
The only other Modafinil vendor we recommend for people living in Ireland is Modafinil XL. They are a highly trusted business with thousands of positive reviews on Google, TrustPilot, and Reddit, and have a proven track record of shipping quality Modafinil worldwide.
However, they have a few advantages over Buy Moda that make them especially suitable for newcomers or privacy-conscious buyers.
Here’s what you need to know:
- FREE Modafinil samples: If you’re new to Modafinil, you may be unsure about how this smart drug works and which product is best for you. That’s why Modafinil XL offers free Modafinil samples! If you cover the shipping cost ($29), Modafinil XL will send you 10 sample Modafinil tablets absolutely free. You can experiment for yourself and see which type of generic Modafinil makes you feel most motivated, focused, and confident before placing an order for more!
- GUARANTEED Delivery: All orders over $80 get free shipping, while orders over $150 get free express shipping. Best of all, shipping is guaranteed, meaning you get your Modafinil or you’ll get a free reshipment or refund, your choice.
- HUGE Bitcoin Discount: Modafinil XL has plenty of ways to pay, including Visa, AmEx, MasterCard, PayPal, and e-Check, among others. However, if you pay with Bitcoin you can get a cool 20% off your order.
- EXPRESS UK Shipping: Modafinil XL usually ships from Singapore, so they have a 99%+ delivery success rate to Ireland. However, if you want your Modafinil even faster, you can pay an additional $39 + 35% to get your smart drugs shipped from Modafinil XL’s UK warehouse.
As you can see, Modafinil XL offers a ton of great benefits, especially for first-time Modafinil users or people who are wary about buying prescription drugs online.
Get 10% off all ModafinilXL products as a Modafinil.com reader.
Just use this code at checkout: ENJOY10OFF
Generic Modafinil and Armodafinil in Ireland
If you have a prescription for Modafinil from a doctor in Ireland, you'll be able to go to any pharmacy in the country and get the good stuff. Usually, you'll be able to find brand-name Modafinil under names like:
These are the most common brand name Modafinil products sold in pharmacies throughout Ireland. But when you order Modafinil online, you’ll see common generic Modafinil products such as:
- Modalert (generic Modafinil)
- Modvigil (generic Modafinil)
- Waklert (generic Armodafinil)
- Artvigil (generic Armodafinil)
We've tested all four of these brands of generic Modafinil and Armodafinil and found that they work exactly the same as brand name Modafinil like Provigil and brand name Armodafinil like Nuvigil.
The only difference?
These generic products cost much, much less.
That being said, we’ve found that “Modalert” is the strongest of the generic Modafinil brands available online in Ireland. We highly recommend it. “Modvigil” is a cheaper alternative but it still works well. We just prefer “Modalert” for its potency and ‘kick’.
When looking for Modafinil’s little cousin Armodafinil, we prefer “Waklert”. Again, you can find “Artvigil” for less and it works just as well.
That’s why if you're unsure about what to order, Modafinil XL’s free sample pack is well worth trying. Buy Moda also sells a decent sample pack with all four of these nootropics so you can test them all and discover what works best for you.
Other Nootropics in Ireland | Prescription-Free Alternatives
While we’re confident that you won’t have any problems buying Modafinil from either of our trusted sources while living in Ireland, we understand that some of you may be looking for a 100% legal alternative to Modafinil.
We get that, which is why we recommend an incredible over-the-counter nootropic:
Mind Lab Pro
This is our favorite over-the-counter nootropic in the world. Mind Lab Pro offers 6-8+ hours of high-level focus and enhanced cognition.
This product contains 11 brain-boosting ingredients including Citicoline , Bacopa monnieri , and Lion’s Mane Mushroom  that work together to keep your mind kicking in high gear for a full working day – 6+ hours.
While Mind Lab Pro isn’t as strong as Modafinil, it's reasonably priced and gets the job done on days when you don't want or need to work 12+ hours straight.
The company ships directly to Ireland without issue too.
The main reason we recommend this product is because we like to “cycle” Mind Lab Pro with Modafinil and take it on days when we’re not taking Modafinil.
As we explained earlier, we don’t recommend taking Modafinil more than twice per week. On the other days when you still need a cognitive boost, you can take Mind Lab Pro. It’s 100% natural and certified drug-free so you’ll have no problems with side effects.
Mind Lab Pro!
Modafinil in Ireland | Verdict
If you were curious about how to buy Modafinil in Ireland, this guide should have covered pretty much everything you need to know.
From the legalities to the practicalities, we’ve covered it all in this entertaining guide.
Whether you're looking to get ahead at work, study more effectively, or earn more money, Modafinil will help get you where you're looking to go!
- Mereu M, Bonci A, Newman AH, Tanda G. The neurobiology of modafinil as an enhancer of cognitive performance and a potential treatment for substance use disorders. Psychopharmacology (Berl). 2013 Oct;229(3):415-34. doi: 10.1007/s00213-013-3232-4. Epub 2013 Aug 10. PMID: 23934211; PMCID: PMC3800148.
- Chapotot F, Pigeau R, Canini F, Bourdon L, Buguet A. Distinctive effects of modafinil and d-amphetamine on the homeostatic and circadian modulation of the human waking EEG. Psychopharmacology (Berl). 2003 Mar;166(2):127-38. doi: 10.1007/s00213-002-1315-8. Epub 2003 Jan 28. PMID: 12552359.
- Gerrard P, Malcolm R. Mechanisms of modafinil: A review of current research. Neuropsychiatr Dis Treat. 2007;3(3):349-364.
- Pigeau R, Naitoh P, Buguet A, McCann C, Baranski J, Taylor M, Thompson M, MacK I I. Modafinil, d-amphetamine and placebo during 64 hours of sustained mental work. I. Effects on mood, fatigue, cognitive performance and body temperature. J Sleep Res. 1995 Dec;4(4):212-228. doi: 10.1111/j.1365-2869.1995.tb00172.x. PMID: 10607161.
- Baranski JV, Pigeau RA. Self-monitoring cognitive performance during sleep deprivation: effects of modafinil, d-amphetamine and placebo. J Sleep Res. 1997 Jun;6(2):84-91. doi: 10.1111/j.1365-2869.1997.00032.x. PMID: 9377538.
- Biederman J, Swanson JM, Wigal SB, Boellner SW, Earl CQ, Lopez FA; Modafinil ADHD Study Group. A comparison of once-daily and divided doses of modafinil in children with attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder: a randomized, double-blind, and placebo-controlled study. J Clin Psychiatry. 2006 May;67(5):727-35. doi: 10.4088/jcp.v67n0506. PMID: 16841622.
- Dackis CA, Kampman KM, Lynch KG, Pettinati HM, O'Brien CP. A double-blind, placebo-controlled trial of modafinil for cocaine dependence. Neuropsychopharmacology. 2005 Jan;30(1):205-11. doi: 10.1038/sj.npp.1300600. PMID: 15525998.
- Lopes E, Pereira D, da Silva Behrens NS, de Almeida Fonseca H, Calvancanti PO, de Araújo Lima TF, Pradella-Hallinan M, Castro J, Tufik S, Coelho FM. Cataplexy as a side effect of modafinil in a patient without narcolepsy. Sleep Sci. 2014 Mar;7(1):47-9. doi: 10.1016/j.slsci.2014.07.015. Epub 2014 Aug 19. PMID: 26483900; PMCID: PMC4521649.
- Ishizuka T, Sakamoto Y, Sakurai T, Yamatodani A. Modafinil increases histamine release in the anterior hypothalamus of rats. Neurosci Lett. 2003;339(2):143-146. doi:10.1016/s0304-3940(03)00006-5
- Brown RE, Stevens DR, Haas HL. The physiology of brain histamine. Prog Neurobiol. 2001;63(6):637-672. doi:10.1016/s0301-0082(00)00039-3
- Zolkowska D, Jain R, Rothman RB, Partilla JS, Roth BL, Setola V, Prisinzano TE, Baumann MH. Evidence for the involvement of dopamine transporters in behavioral stimulant effects of modafinil. J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 2009 May;329(2):738-46. doi: 10.1124/jpet.108.146142. Epub 2009 Feb 5. PMID: 19197004; PMCID: PMC2672878.
- Minzenberg MJ, Carter CS. Modafinil: a review of neurochemical actions and effects on cognition. Neuropsychopharmacology. 2008 Jun;33(7):1477-502. doi: 10.1038/sj.npp.1301534. Epub 2007 Aug 22. PMID: 17712350.
- Krishnan R, Chary KV. A rare case modafinil dependence. J Pharmacol Pharmacother. 2015;6(1):49-50. doi:10.4103/0976-500X.149149
- I. No. 328/1988 – Misuse of Drugs Regulations, 1988. (1988, December 8). Retrieved from https://health.gov.ie/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/MisuseOfDrugsRegulations_1988_to_2011_UnofficialConsolidation.pdf
- The Health Products Regulatory Authority. (n.d.). Retrieved from https://www.hpra.ie/
- Grieb P. Neuroprotective properties of citicoline: facts, doubts and unresolved issues. CNS Drugs. 2014;28(3):185-193. doi:10.1007/s40263-014-0144-8
- Kongkeaw C, Dilokthornsakul P, Thanarangsarit P, Limpeanchob N, Norman Scholfield C. Meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials on cognitive effects of Bacopa monnieri extract. J Ethnopharmacol. 2014;151(1):528-535. doi:10.1016/j.jep.2013.11.008
- Mori K, Inatomi S, Ouchi K, Azumi Y, Tuchida T. Improving effects of the mushroom Yamabushitake (Hericium erinaceus) on mild cognitive impairment: a double-blind placebo-controlled clinical trial. Phytother Res. 2009;23(3):367-372. doi:10.1002/ptr.2634