Want to discover exactly how to buy Modafinil in Israel? If so, this article is all you need.
Here, you'll find everything you need to make an informed decision regarding the real-life “Limitless” drug – Modafinil.
All the information you need to succeed with smart drugs in Israel can be found below, including…
First, we'll cover Modafinil's properties; what it is, how it works, and why so many people around the world consider it to be the top nootropic.
Then, we'll talk a bit about legal issues such as how to get a Modafinil prescription in Israel, which two vendors you should order from, and how brand-name Modafinil compares to generic brands.
Finally, we'll describe a powerful Modafinil-like nootropic that you can use if you want a 100% legal alternative.
What Is Modafinil?
Unsurprisingly, the first question worth asking is:
What is Modafinil?
Well, the answer is relatively simple. Modafinil was discovered in the 1970s by two French scientists and is an effective treatment for narcolepsy. It was first released in France in 1994 under the brand name ‘Modiodal’ and proved to be extremely effective.
From there, the medical uses of Modafinil started to expand. It began to be used to treat a wide array of sleep-related disorders, including sleep apnea, Shift work sleep disorder, and seasonal depression. It was released in Israel in 2001 under the product name ‘Provigil’.
Researchers soon found that Modafinil offers several cognitive benefits . It helps treat Attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) , amphetamine withdrawal , and cocaine dependence .
News about Modafinil’s clinical uses helped the drug reach cult status among students, hustlers, busy professionals, and even CEOs. It quickly replaced Adderall as the world’s most popular study drug and became the go-to nootropic for anyone and everyone looking for a cognitive boost.
When taken off-prescription by healthy individuals, Modafinil offers:
- Enhanced focus .
- Increased motivation and mental resilience.
- Improved memory retention .
- Reduced fatigue and brain fog .
- Faster processing speed .
Modafinil essentially gives your brain a power-up. It lets you work faster and longer while diminishing your desire to quit or take a break. Your homework, projects, calls, or whatever else you need to get done actually becomes, dare we say, fun.
That’s the long and short of it. Modafinil is an effective treatment for sleep-related issues like narcolepsy. But it boosts mental performance significantly when taken casually.
Now, let’s discuss its safety and side effects…
Modafinil Side Effects and Safety
With Modafinil, it's important to know how to use it properly so you don't do yourself any long term damage. After all, you only have one mind!
Yes, Modafinil does have documented side effects, but we can assure you that the overwhelming majority of Modafinil's side effects are mild and dissipate quickly. So for your information, here are the most commonly reported issues :
- Difficulty sleeping
- Loss of appetite
- Nausea and/or an upset stomach.
- Dry eyes, throat, or mouth.
It shouldn’t surprise you that some people find it hard to sleep after taking Modafinil. It boosts levels of histamine in your brain and can disrupt your sleep-wake cycle. Modafinil essentially prevents you from falling asleep – even if you really want to!
Fortunately, this effect typically lasts around 12 hours. If you take the drug before 10 am, you should find that its wakefulness effects subside by the evening. The drug will leave your system and you should be able to sleep at your normal time.
In very rare cases, some people may experience more serious side effects such as an allergic reaction, skin rashes, swelling, or an increased heartbeat. These typically take place if your body does not tolerate Modafinil well…or if you're deliberately abusing Modafinil.
Should you experience any of these side effects, stop taking Modafinil, and seek medical help immediately.
As Modafinil increases dopamine in the brain, you may be curious about whether it is addictive or causes any dependence issues. The answer is that it can potentially be habit-forming if you take high amounts for long periods . This is the main reason why it’s a prescription drug in most countries.
Luckily, cases of Modafinil dependence are extremely rare. There are very few documented cases of patients taking too much and becoming dependent . But you need to be careful.
We suggest limiting your dose to 200mg/day and taking it no more than 2-3 times per week. After every two months of use, give your mind and body a complete break from the drug for a fortnight. This will ensure that you don’t become dependent.
Let's move on to the legalities!
Is Modafinil Legal in Israel?
This one is a bit of a grey area…
Is Modafinil legal in Israel?
Yes, and no.
In Israel, Modafinil can ONLY be prescribed by doctors to patients who have been diagnosed with a sleep-related issue such as narcolepsy . If you have a prescription, you can legally buy Modafinil in a pharmacy.
If you don’t have a prescription, then buying Modafinil is illegal. The Ministry of Health sets the policy for the state of Israel when it comes to the importation of any medications, including generic products , and Modafinil is strictly prohibited.
To get a prescription you can try to convince a doctor that you have a sleep-related disorder, but we don’t recommend it. Doctors will ask for further tests before making a diagnosis and, at that point, you’ll be out of luck. The tests won’t lie.
Thankfully, you don’t have to worry about this too much. You can buy generic Modafinil from an online store and have it shipped to your doorstep, hassle-free. Don’t worry – the Modafinil will be identical to the brand-name Modafinil you’d buy in a pharmacy.
In fact, the ONLY significant difference is the price; brand-name Modafinil is about 10 times more expensive than the generic products you can buy online.
With this in mind, ordering some quality generic Modafinil is far preferable to trying to get a prescription. That’s what’s next in this guide. We’ll let you know which vendors you can trust when it comes to generic Modafinil.
Do note one other thing…
ZERO citizens of Israel have had legal troubles buying Modafinil online for personal use and shipping it to the country. The worst thing that could happen is customs confiscates your package and destroys it. You'd then get a free reshipment or full refund from the online Modafinil pharmacy. But this is rare. The vast majority of orders get delivered quickly and without issue.
How to Get a Modafinil Prescription in Israel
As we discussed above, you can only get a prescription for Modafinil if you legitimately have a sleep-related issue such as narcolepsy. If you do, then go ahead and get a prescription.
We don't want to prevent anyone who suffers from such a problem from getting their hands on the brand name stuff…if that's what they prefer. But the simple fact is that if you do not have a sleep-related issue, you will not be able to get a prescription.
The good news is that you can buy high quality, generic Modafinil online. Read on to find out how to do just that.
Where to Buy Modafinil Online in Israel | 2021 Guide
We’ll be upfront and let you know that Israel has a fairly strict importation policy when it comes to medications. The good news is that we have found two online Modafinil vendors that ship to Israel with EASE!
Both vendors are highly reputable and have thousands of online reviews from satisfied customers on trusted sites such as TrustPilot.
So without further ado, here's where you can buy Modafinil online in Israel:
Our top recommendation for anyone living in Israel is Buy Moda. This vendor is the oldest and most trusted Modafinil supplier in the world. They won’t let you down.
Some of the reasons we love them are:
- Guaranteed Delivery: If, for whatever reason, your order doesn’t arrive, Buy Moda will give you a free reshipment, no questions asked. Should the second parcel fail to turn up, you’ll get a full refund. Simple.
- Big Discounts: You can slash 20% off your entire order simply by paying with Bitcoin. You can also get free shipping if you spend over $100 and 30 extra pills if you spend more than $150. In short, there are many ways to save!
- Discreet Packaging: One of the reasons why Buy Moda has such a high success rate shipping Modafinil to Israel is their discreet packaging. All orders are shipping in plain material, so your privacy is guaranteed. No-one will know what you ordered.
- Money-Off Coupons: On your second order, you’ll get 20% extra pills as a ‘Thank You’ for being a returning customer. You can also use the code ‘BUYMODA#1’ to get 10% off when you spend more than $100.
To summarize, Buy Moda is one of the best Modafinil vendors you’ll ever order from – check them out! We promise you’ll be amazed at their low prices, fast shipping times, and discreet packaging.
Get 15% off all Buy Moda products as a Modafinil.com reader.
Just use this code at checkout: BUYMODA#1
Next up, we’ve got ModaPharma. They are a great option for anybody in Israel who wants to get their fix of Modafinil. Our team has many numerous orders from them and they have exceeded all of our expectations; we’re confident they will exceed yours too!
Here's what you can expect if you order from these guys:
- Tested for Purity and Quality: ModaPharma gets every single batch of nootropics lab-tested for purity, quality, and consistency by an independent third-party laboratory before they start selling them. This is a nice reassurance to have, knowing you’ll never get anything contaminated or ineffective.
- Wide Selection: Not only does ModaPharma guarantee the quality of their nootropics, but they also have VARIETY! You get a solid selection of different Modafinil choices. You can get your hands on Modvigil, Artvigil, Modalert, and tons more.
- Delivery is Guaranteed: If your order fails to arrive within 25 working days, you’ll get a full refund or a free reshipment. While there's next to no chance of this happening, it’s great to have this guarantee just in case.
- GREAT Prices: ModaPharma offers some of the lowest-priced Modafinil in the world. They'll even give you a 15% discount when you pay with Bitcoin. Plus, you can get 10 free Modvigil pills if you create a Modafinil unboxing video on YouTube!
Overall, ModaPharma does a fantastic job and we highly recommend them. In our experience, the quality of their nootropics is second to none and you’ll never be disappointed when you order from these guys!
Order Modafinil from a great online vendor, ModaPharma
‘Brand Name’ Modafinil and Armodafinil in Israel
Here’s the deal…
You can only buy brand-name Modafinil from a pharmacy in Israel. Most pharmacies stock the following brands:
- Provigil (Modafinil)
- Nuvigil (Armodafinil)
In case you aren’t familiar with Armodafinil, it’s a newer version of Modafinil that has a longer half-life. It comes in smaller 150mg tablets compared with Modafinil which comes in 200mg tablets.
When you order from an online store you won’t find brand-name products like ‘Provigil’ and ‘Nuvigil’. Instead, you’ll find the following brands:
These four products are generic Modafinil and Armodafinil pills. They are made to work exactly the same way as their brand-name counterparts. They have the same active ingredient and have the same quality, dosage, and strength.
In other words, they are just as good as any brand name Modafinil product. You heard that right.
One last time…
Generic Modafinil is the same as brand-name Modafinil and offers the exact same cognitive benefits.
You have some great options, and you can experiment until you find one you prefer. Our team prefers Modalert, but that’s just us. We suggest that you experiment and find the one that agrees with you the best.
As stated above, you’ll have absolutely no problems importing Modafinil into Israel. You won’t get arrested. But some of you don’t want to mess with anything that exists in a grey area. We understand that.
You might also want an alternate nootropic to cycle with Modafinil. After all, you can only take Modafinil 2-3 times per week so it’s good to have something to take on your ‘off’ days when you want to get some serious work done.
The over-the-counter nootropic that we recommend is:
Mind Lab Pro
Mind Lab Pro has consistently impressed us since the first time we reviewed it. Its effects are similar to Modafinil, but it’s a lot more comprehensive. It has benefits that Modafinil does not. And it has zero side effects.
How does it work?
By combining 11 carefully calibrated ingredients in specific amounts to enhance cognition in a myriad of different ways.
The most potent ingredient is Citicoline, a natural nootropic that helps energize the brain and optimize neural signals — which in turn powers thinking . Your brain's ability to communicate and comprehend is enhanced when you consume this nootropic.
You also have Maritime Pine Bark Extract. This is a natural medicine derived from tree bark which supplies antioxidants that neutralize harmful free radicals. It also encourages the release of nitric oxide, so you get better blood flow to your brain.
In short, Mind Lab Pro is a powerful performance enhancer that offers therapeutic and brain rejuvenating effects. This makes it ideal when you need some repair after long periods of prolonged stress. Remember, your brain gets tired too.
Mind Lab Pro offers around 6-8+ hours of highly enhanced cognition and potent nootropic benefits. Modafinil tends to offer stronger benefits for 12+ hours. So if you only need to work all day and not all night – we would go with Mind Lab Pro.
You can see why it’s our favorite Modafinil-alternative.
Mind Lab Pro!
Modafinil in Israel | Verdict
That's about it…everything you'd need to know about Modafinil in Israel.
We've touched on legalities, prescriptions, where to buy Modafinil online, and much more. You now have a comprehensive overview of smart drugs and what you must know about them while living in the country.
- Müller U, Rowe JB, Rittman T, Lewis C, Robbins TW, Sahakian BJ. Effects of modafinil on non-verbal cognition, task enjoyment and creative thinking in healthy volunteers. Neuropharmacology. 2013;64(5):490–495. doi:10.1016/j.neuropharm.2012.07.009
- Biederman J, Swanson JM, Wigal SB, Boellner SW, Earl CQ, Lopez FA; Modafinil ADHD Study Group. A comparison of once-daily and divided doses of modafinil in children with attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder: a randomized, double-blind, and placebo-controlled study. J Clin Psychiatry. 2006 May;67(5):727-35. doi: 10.4088/jcp.v67n0506. PMID: 16841622.
- Can Modafinil Treat Cocaine or Amphetamine Addiction & Withdrawal? (2020, February 3). Retrieved from https://americanaddictioncenters.org/addiction-medications/modafinil
- Dackis CA, Kampman KM, Lynch KG, Pettinati HM, O'Brien CP. A double-blind, placebo-controlled trial of modafinil for cocaine dependence. Neuropsychopharmacology. 2005 Jan;30(1):205-11. doi: 10.1038/sj.npp.1300600. PMID: 15525998.
- Pigeau R, Naitoh P, Buguet A, McCann C, Baranski J, Taylor M, Thompson M, MacK I I. Modafinil, d-amphetamine and placebo during 64 hours of sustained mental work. I. Effects on mood, fatigue, cognitive performance and body temperature. J Sleep Res. 1995 Dec;4(4):212-228. doi: 10.1111/j.1365-2869.1995.tb00172.x. PMID: 10607161.
- Müller, U., Rowe, J. B., Rittman, T., Lewis, C., Robbins, T. W., & Sahakian, B. J. (2013, January). Effects of modafinil on non-verbal cognition, task enjoyment and creative thinking in healthy volunteers. Retrieved from https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3485563/
- Chapotot F, Pigeau R, Canini F, Bourdon L, Buguet A. Distinctive effects of modafinil and d-amphetamine on the homeostatic and circadian modulation of the human waking EEG. Psychopharmacology (Berl). 2003 Mar;166(2):127-38. doi: 10.1007/s00213-002-1315-8. Epub 2003 Jan 28. PMID: 12552359.
- Baranski JV, Pigeau RA. Self-monitoring cognitive performance during sleep deprivation: effects of modafinil, d-amphetamine and placebo. J Sleep Res. 1997 Jun;6(2):84-91. doi: 10.1111/j.1365-2869.1997.00032.x. PMID: 9377538.
- Apo-Modafinil. (n.d.). Retrieved from https://bodyandhealth.canada.com/drug/getdrug/apo-modafini
- Volkow N, Li TK. The neuroscience of addiction. Nat Neurosci. 2005 Nov;8(11):1429-30. doi: 10.1038/nn1105-1429. PMID: 16251981.
- Krishnan, R., & Chary, K. V. (2015). A rare case modafinil dependence. Retrieved from https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4319252/
- (n.d.). Retrieved from https://medic.co.il/drug/provigil/
- Ministry of Health. (n.d.). Retrieved from https://www.gov.il/en/departments/ministry_of_health
- Grieb P. Neuroprotective properties of citicoline: facts, doubts and unresolved issues. CNS Drugs. 2014;28(3):185-193. doi:10.1007/s40263-014-0144-8