If you're curious about how to buy Modafinil in Mexico, you're in the perfect place.
Te lo juro.
In this detailed guide, we’ll break down exactly how you can get the world's most popular smart drug south of the border. While we’re not from Mexico, we have lived in the country for extended periods. We've gone to pharmacies in Mexico. We've ordered nootropics online and had them shipped to the country, too.
We know how to get the best smart drugs in Mexico for cheap…
We also know which online pharmacies sell legit smart drugs and the ones you'll want to avoid. We've made dozens of smart drug orders online from various vendors.
We'll show you exactly how to get Modafinil in Mexico without any issues.
Disclaimer: Modafinil.com does not offer medical diagnosis or treatment advice. Modafinil.com makes no claims that the products referenced can cure, treat or prevent any conditions, including any conditions referenced on its website or in print materials. Patients suffering from any of these conditions should consult their physician prior to using prescription medication. This information, including any referenced scientific or clinical research, is made available for educational purposes only. Modafinil.com makes every effort to ensure that any information it shares complies with national and international standards for clinical trial information and is committed to the timely disclosure of the design and results of all interventional clinical studies for innovative treatments publicly available or that may be made available. However, research is not considered conclusive. Always consult your healthcare provider with any questions. Statements regarding Modafinil.com products are the opinions of the individuals making them and are not necessarily the same as those of Modafinil.com..
What is Modafinil?
Before we dive into getting your hands on some pure Mexican Modafinil, let's talk a little bit about what the smart drug is and why so many people around Mexico use it.
Modafinil is a nootropic that helps people get more stuff done . When taken ‘off prescription’, the drug acts as a cognitive enhancer that helps boost memory, mood, and concentration. But that's not what it was initially created for…
Modafinil was discovered in 1974 and is a type of ‘wakefulness-promoting’ drug known as a ‘eugeroic’. It was first released in France under the brand name “Modiodal” in 1994  and was registered in Mexico under the same name in 2001.
As a prescription drug, Modafinil is prescribed to treat sleep disorders like narcolepsy (excessive daytime sleepiness), sleep apnea, and Shift Work Disorder, when people can’t sleep due to irregular working hours .
However, Modafinil also offers a multitude of cognitive benefits . These are known as ‘off label’ benefits because they aren't what the drug was originally intended for, but they exist nevertheless. For example, Modafinil has been used to treat patients with schizophrenia , ADHD , cocaine addiction , and other cognitive ailments.
It’s definitely a versatile drug!
As you can imagine, it didn’t take long for news about Modafinil’s ‘off-label’ benefits to spread outside the medical community. Soon, everyone from students to CEOs was looking to get their hands on the stuff. They were interested in getting things like :
- 12+ hours of intense focus
- Improved memory
- Enhanced focus
- Increased productivity
- Ability to pull all-nighters
- …And more!
We’re not saying that Modafinil is the real-life pill from the movie “Limitless“, but it's the closest thing we’ve yet discovered. In fact, Modafinil is widely considered to be the inspiration for the fictional pill featured in that movie.
There's a reason you're curious about Modafinil in Mexico, hermano.
Ya tu sabes.
Modafinil Side Effects and Safety
Modafinil can be a blast to use, but we’d be lying if we said it didn’t come with any side effects.
So, what do you need to know about the safety of this smart drug before you take it?
Modafinil has consistently proven itself to be a very safe and well-tolerated drug when taken at doses of between 100-200mg per day. People with narcolepsy do great on doses of 200mg. But they are being prescribed Modafinil by a doctor; what about people who just want to take it ‘off prescription' as a smart drug?
One study found that people without narcolepsy who took 200mg of Modafinil suffered from things like headaches, nausea, a dry mouth, and diarrhea. Overall, these side effects were mild and short-lasting and most of the participants in the study experienced no side effects at all .
That's why we suggest that new users start with just 100mg of Modafinil, and limit their intake to 200mg. At this level, side effects are very rare. You should take this smart drug no more than a couple of times per week — definitely not every day.
Because Modafinil acts as a central nervous system (CNS) stimulant. It increases levels of two important neurotransmitters in the brain: histamine and dopamine . This is why Modafinil gives you ‘laser-sharp' focus and prevents you from feeling tired for hours on end .
But excess dopamine has both benefits and disadvantages . On one hand, it improves mood, memory, and focus . But on the other hand, it leads to the slight possibility that overusing Modafinil could lead to addiction , just like any other drug that increases dopamine levels in the brain.
Fortunately, cases of Modafinil dependence are extremely rare . Known instances involve people taking massive amounts of Modafinil day in, day out – far more than what we suggest, which is 200mg/day, once or twice a week.
The good news is that you can avoid most – if not all – of Modafinil's side effects by simply doing a few easy things.
First, make sure you drink enough water throughout the day. A couple of liters is advisable. This will help you avoid getting a dry mouth or a headache.
Second, ensure your last dose of Modafinil is not taken after 10 am so you can fall asleep at your normal bedtime. Of course, this rule does not apply if you are attempting to pull an all-nighter and want or need to stay awake.
Third, avoid mixing Modafinil with any other drug where possible. With the powerful cognitive boost you get, you may find yourself not needing any other supplementary medication.
However, there are more serious yet very rare side effects that could take place. They include serious rashes, trouble breathing, and mania .
When in doubt, ALWAYS speak to your doctor. Certain health conditions like high blood pressure and liver problems may require a discussion with a medical professional before you start using Modafinil.
Avoid taking Modafinil if you are on any prescription drugs, suffer from anxiety, or are pregnant , as Modafinil has been linked to birth defects.
Is Modafinil Legal in Mexico?
Well, that's a loaded question…
As we explained earlier in this guide, Modafinil is registered in Mexico under the brand name ‘Modiodal’. It is classified as a Prescription Fraction IV drug .
Technically, you do need a prescription to buy Modiodal in Mexico, and most pharmacies will ask to see one before selling you this drug.
However, if you don’t have a prescription, getting one is easy. The pharmacist will simply direct you to the nearest doctor’s office, where you can get a prescription for around $10.
But outside of tourist areas, you may have to do some searching. When we visited Mexico, both Walmart and Guadalajara Pharmacy didn't stock any Modiodal. We needed to look around to find the smart drug — it's just not that common outside of tourist areas.
So overall, Modafinil is legal in Mexico.
But there are a few things you should know before running to your nearest pharmacy in Mexico to buy some Modiodal.
First, while the only officially registered brand-name for Modafinil in Mexico is ‘Modiodal’, most pharmacists only know it by its Spanish name “Modafinilo”, so that's what you have to ask for.
Second, there have been a few reports of fake Modiodal being purchased from small independent pharmacies in Mexico. So you need to do due diligence and review photographs of real packets of Mexican Modiodal before buying some in a pharmacy. Familiarize yourself with what legit Modiodal looks like, and you'll have an easier time spotting fakes.
Third, buying Modiodal in a Mexican pharmacy will be far more expensive than ordering Modafinil online.
You can expect to pay between 350 and 400 Pesos (USD$15.7 – $17.9) for 7 servings of 200 mg Modiodal.
That's almost $3 bucks per pill.
Pretty pricey when some online vendors sell generic Modafinil brands for less than a dollar per serving these days.
Buying Modafinil in Mexico is fairly simple.
You'll generally get a great product from pharmacies in Mexico. That's if no one has tampered with the packaging or contents.
But we’ve found it far cheaper to order Modafinil online and recommend this route if you plan to use more than 14 pills.
If you want to stay 100% legal and save money, pay a Mexican doctor to write you a prescription and then order some Modafinil online. Simple.
Where to Buy Modafinil in Mexico | 2021 Guide
We may have made it sound difficult to get Modafinil from a pharmacy in Mexico. Honestly, it's not too tough. You just need to visit a couple of pharmacies until you find one with some Modiodal in stock.
Our main issue is the price.
If you plan to use Modafinil often, then paying $2-3 bucks per pill is quickly going to add up. Especially when our favorite online vendors sell Modafinil dirt cheap.
There are two reputable Modafinil vendors we know of that ship to Mexico. Right now, they're the only ones we can vouch for, but we'll keep our ears to the streets and update this guide if we find others.
If you're looking to buy Modafinil in Mexico, these two vendors are your best bet by far. So without further ado, here are the best generic Modafinil vendors serving Mexico:
- 20% Bitcoin Discount: Want cheap Modafinil? Pay with Bitcoin (BTC) and you'll get a huge 20% off your order!
- 100% Guaranteed Delivery: Buy Moda put their money where their mouth is and offer a 100% delivery guarantee. This means either you get your nootropics, or you get a free reshipment. If this second shipment doesn't pass customs for any reason, you’ll get a full refund, no questions asked.
- Great Customer Service: These guys are renowned for having the best customer care in the nootropics industry. Their friendly, patient support specialists are all American and will look after you every step of the way to ensure that you have a positive experience.
- Discreet Packaging: Buy Moda ships all nootropics in plain, discreet packaging so you can order with confidence.
Get 10% off all Buy Moda products as a Modafinil.com reader.
Just use this code at checkout: BUYMODA#1
- Small Orders: While we prefer Buy Moda for larger orders (because they're generally cheaper), we’ve found that Dino Supplies is perfect if you're looking to buy small amounts of Modafinil. You can order as few as 30 pills of generic Modafinil (Modalert) from these guys.
- Quick Shipping: You can expect fast shipping to Mexico in as little as 10-15 business days when you order from Dino Supplies.
- 20% Bitcoin Discount: Just like Buy Moda, the guys at Dino Supplies also offer a hefty 20% discount if you pay using Bitcoin (BTC). What’s not to love?
Get 10% off all Dino Supplies products as a Modafinil.com reader.
Just use this code at checkout: DINOMODA6854
We believe that buying and possessing Modafinil is legal in Mexico. And getting a prescription from a Mexican doctor is so cheap and easy that you shouldn’t encounter any legal issues at all with this smart drug.
As such, Modafinil alternatives should not be that big of a concern for anyone living in or traveling around the country. You can easily buy the world's best smart drug online or from a pharmacy in Mexico, so there’s no need to mess around with alternatives.
That being said…
You can’t (and shouldn’t) take Modafinil every day. We recommend taking it no more than 1-3 times per week and taking a complete two-week break once every two months.
To avoid developing a tolerance and needing to take higher and higher doses to get the same benefits.
Basically, you want to rotate between different smart drugs. This is known as ‘cycling’. And on days when you aren’t taking Modafinil, you’ll need an alternative nootropic that still gets the job done.
Here's the only other nootropic we’re using these days:
Mind Lab Pro
In short, Mind Lab Pro is the Swiss army knife of natural nootropics. It offers a multitude of cognitive benefits and greatly enhances your brain’s health.
Firstly, it offers virtually identical benefits to Modafinil. It gives you a nice big boost to your attentiveness and dramatically increases your ability to focus for long periods. It's not at the level of Modafinil though. You won't get 12-15+ hours of ‘laser-like’ focus toward your project or work. But you will get around 6-8+ hours. That's quite good and plenty enough for most people to get stuff done.
But here's the good news…
Mind Lab Pro offers many more positive effects that you won't get from Modafinil. It contains a unique blend of 11 carefully calibrated natural ingredients that each helps you with a specific area of cognitive performance.
One example of this is phospholipid Phosphatidylserine that comprises a significant proportion of the fat in the brain. This ingredient helps repair and revitalize brain cell membranes. Without getting too technical, it helps repair and set the stage for a healthier, more streamlined, brain.
Mind Lab Pro is therefore more than just a simple focus agent. It's an all-around brain booster. It repairs, rejuvenates, and revitalizes — all while keeping you focused with enhanced cognitive function.
This is why it's our #1 nootropic to use when not using Modafinil. You'll see what I mean when you try it.
Mind Lab Pro!
Modafinil in Mexico | The Verdict?
If you were curious about how to buy Modafinil in Mexico, that's about it, amigo.
Everything you need to know about getting your hands on the world’s best nootropic south of the border.
From legalities to buying it at the pharmacy to saving money online, we’ve covered it all and more.
- Giurgea C. Vers une pharmacologie de l'activité intégrative du cerveau. Tentative du concept nootrope en psychopharmacologie [Pharmacology of integrative activity of the brain. Attempt at nootropic concept in psychopharmacology]. Actual Pharmacol (Paris). 1972;25:115-56. French. PMID: 4541214.
- Modafinil Oral: Uses, Side Effects, Interactions, Pictures, Warnings & Dosing. (n.d.). Retrieved from https://www.webmd.com/drugs/2/drug-16962/modafinil-oral/details
- Ballon JS, Feifel D. A systematic review of modafinil: Potential clinical uses and mechanisms of action. J Clin Psychiatry. 2006;67(4):554‐566. doi:10.4088/jcp.v67n0406
- Modafinil: Indications, Side Effects, Warnings. (n.d.). Retrieved from https://www.drugs.com/cdi/modafinil.html
- (2019, August 18). Retrieved from https://www.drugs.com/cdi/modafinil.html
- Biederman J, Swanson JM, Wigal SB, Boellner SW, Earl CQ, Lopez FA; Modafinil ADHD Study Group. A comparison of once-daily and divided doses of modafinil in children with attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder: a randomized, double-blind, and placebo-controlled study. J Clin Psychiatry. 2006 May;67(5):727-35. doi: 10.4088/jcp.v67n0506. PMID: 16841622.
- Dackis CA, Kampman KM, Lynch KG, Pettinati HM, O'Brien CP. A double-blind, placebo-controlled trial of modafinil for cocaine dependence. Neuropsychopharmacology. 2005 Jan;30(1):205-11. doi: 10.1038/sj.npp.1300600. PMID: 15525998.
- Baranski JV, Pigeau R, Dinich P, Jacobs I. Effects of modafinil on cognitive and meta-cognitive performance. Hum Psychopharmacol. 2004 Jul;19(5):323-32. doi: 10.1002/hup.596. PMID: 15252824.
- Lopes E, Pereira D, da Silva Behrens NS, de Almeida Fonseca H, Calvancanti PO, de Araújo Lima TF, Pradella-Hallinan M, Castro J, Tufik S, Coelho FM. Cataplexy as a side effect of modafinil in a patient without narcolepsy. Sleep Sci. 2014 Mar;7(1):47-9. doi: 10.1016/j.slsci.2014.07.015. Epub 2014 Aug 19. PMID: 26483900; PMCID: PMC4521649.
- Ishizuka T, Sakamoto Y, Sakurai T, Yamatodani A. Modafinil increases histamine release in the anterior hypothalamus of rats. Neurosci Lett. 2003;339(2):143-146. doi:10.1016/s0304-3940(03)00006-5
- Brown RE, Stevens DR, Haas HL. The physiology of brain histamine. Prog Neurobiol. 2001;63(6):637-672. doi:10.1016/s0301-0082(00)00039-3
- Zolkowska D, Jain R, Rothman RB, Partilla JS, Roth BL, Setola V, Prisinzano TE, Baumann MH. Evidence for the involvement of dopamine transporters in behavioral stimulant effects of modafinil. J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 2009 May;329(2):738-46. doi: 10.1124/jpet.108.146142. Epub 2009 Feb 5. PMID: 19197004; PMCID: PMC2672878.
- Minzenberg MJ, Carter CS. Modafinil: a review of neurochemical actions and effects on cognition. Neuropsychopharmacology. 2008 Jun;33(7):1477-502. doi: 10.1038/sj.npp.1301534. Epub 2007 Aug 22. PMID: 17712350.
- Volkow N, Li TK. The neuroscience of addiction. Nat Neurosci. 2005 Nov;8(11):1429-30. doi: 10.1038/nn1105-1429. PMID: 16251981.
- Krishnan, R., & Chary, K. V. (2015). A rare case modafinil dependence. Retrieved from https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4319252/
- Nuvigil vs. Provigil: How Are They Similar and Different? (2016, August 19). Retrieved from https://www.healthline.com/health/narcolepsy/nuvigil-vs-provigil
- gc.ca. 2020. ALERTEC (Modafinil) And The Risk Of Congenital Anomalies – Recalls And Safety Alerts. [online] Available at: <https://healthycanadians.gc.ca/recall-alert-rappel-avis/hc-sc/2019/70201a-eng.php#:~:text=ALERTEC%20(modafinil%20100%20mg%20tablets,a%20circadian%20rhythm%20sleep%20disorder).> [Accessed 3 October 2020].
- no. 2020. [online] Available at: <https://legemiddelverket.no/Documents/Bivirkninger%20og%20sikkerhet/Bivirkningsnyheter%20annet/11-10273-20%20Summary%20of%20scientific%20discussion%204407407_2_0.pdf> [Accessed 24 August 2020].
- Gobierno De Mexico. (n.d.). Retrieved from https://www.gob.mx/cofepris/