Looking for info about how to buy Modafinil in Nicaragua these days?
Well, you’ve found the perfect guide!
Below, you’ll find everything you could ever want or need to know about buying the world's most popular smart drug – Modafinil – while living in or visiting this South American country.
For those looking for a quick fix…
Get 10% off all ModafinilXL products as a Modafinil.com reader.
Just use this code at checkout: ENJOY10OFF
But for those of you looking for a more detailed breakdown, keep on reading this guide. We'll cover everything from Modafinil’s benefits, to its legal status, dosage guidelines, safety precautions and so much more.
We'll even cover how to ship Modafinil to Nicaragua without any customs issues whatsoever.
What is Modafinil?
Well, that depends on who you ask…
Modafinil is widely considered to be the “king” of ‘smart’ drugs.
At least, that's what many people believe. Modafinil was actually discovered in France during the 1970s and developed as an experimental treatment for narcolepsy. It was released in 1992 under the brand name ‘Modiodal’, before being introduced across Europe and eventually being granted FDA approval (as ‘Provigil’) in 1998 .
Since then, Modafinil’s clinical application has greatly expanded, and it is now used to help treat a wide range of conditions and disorders including:
- Shift Work Sleep Disorder (SWSD) .
- Attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) .
- Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD).
- Nicotine addiction.
- Amphetamine dependence .
- Obstructive sleep apnea.
If that looks like a varied list, you’d be correct. That’s because Modafinil is a ‘eugeroic’ which means it’s a type of drug that promotes ‘wakefulness’. It works by causing levels of histamine to spike in the brain . This creates a feeling of hypervigilance and alertness that can last for more than 12 hours.
But Modafinil also raises levels of an important neurotransmitter called dopamine. This causes a dramatic improvement in a persons’ mood  and enhances non-verbal cognition such as short term recall .
This is why it has become so popular as a smart drug. When taken ‘off prescription’ by healthy individuals, Modafinil acts as a powerful stimulant. As almost every college student, entrepreneur, and CEO knows, this drug offers massive cognitive benefits.
We’re talking about benefits like:
- 12+ hours of insane tunnel vision focus .
- Unparalleled motivation and ambition.
- Reduction in fatigue .
- Increased problem-solving ability .
- Improved memory retention.
Modafinil is the single best nootropic for getting things done, period. It won't do your work for you, but you'll be able to push further than you would otherwise be able to.
When you combine Modafinil with great overall lifestyle habits and proper nutrition, you'll be way ahead of your competition. There's nothing else like Modafinil.
Modafinil Side Effects and Safety
Modafinil is the closest thing we have to a ‘perfect’ nootropic. It’s so comprehensive that it’s often referred to as the “Limitless” pill, in reference to the 2011 sci-fi movie that featured a fictional nootropic ‘NZT-48’.
But Modafinil isn’t perfect and it does have some documented side effects. You should know about these before you decide whether you want to experiment with this smart drug .
- Dry mouth, nose, and/or throat.
- Loss of appetite.
- Sleeplessness and/or insomnia
The good news is that these side effects are typically mild, and quite rare. Most people who take Modafinil at the recommended dose (200 mg per day) experience no side effects whatsoever.
The only serious side effect you should be aware of is dependence. Just like any drug that increases dopamine, Modafinil does have a low risk of dependence. The only documented case of this involved an individual who took 1,200 mg per day – far above the recommended dose . You must treat this drug with respect.
We recommend that you take Modafinil no more than 2-3 times per week and give yourself a complete two-week break after every two months. This ensures that you don’t become dependent on the drug and keep getting the same benefits as before.
Do keep in mind that there are a variety of medications, foods, and herbal supplements that can interact adversely with Modafinil and/or change how your body interacts with Modafinil. For example, antiviral medications such as Norvir can cause your body to get rid of Modafinil at a much slower pace than normal.
As long as you are mindful of all the precautions listed above, and seek guidance from a medical professional where necessary, you should be good to go! If you experience any extreme side effects like skin rashes, irregular heartbeat, or hallucinations, cease using Modafinil and contact a doctor immediately .
Is Modafinil Legal in Nicaragua?
We’re not lawyers or legal scholars so the following should NOT be misconstrued as legal advice.
However, to the best of our knowledge, Nicaragua is one of many countries where Modafinil is legal and can be purchased over-the-counter from a pharmacy.
Legally, you do NOT need a prescription to get Modafinil in this country.
However, there's an issue…
Finding a pharmacy that stocks this drug is far from straightforward. In our team’s experience, the vast majority of pharmacies in Nicaragua do NOT carry Modafinil – either brand name products like ‘Provigil’ or generic brands.
What this means is that you may have to visit a dozen pharmacies in Managua before you run across one that actually has some Modafinil in stock.
The bottom line?
Modafinil is legal in Nicaragua, but you'll struggle to find it.
Fortunately, you can easily order high-quality generic Modafinil from an online vendor and get it shipped right to your address or place of residence. Even better, buying online is far cheaper than buying from a pharmacy and gives you a much larger selection of products to choose from.
How to Buy Modafinil Online in Nicaragua | 2021 Guide
Now for the most critical section in this guide: how to buy Modafinil online in Nicaragua?
Based on our research, there are currently two reliable Modafinil vendors that ship to Nicaragua. Both of these vendors excel in multiple areas and are thoroughly trustworthy.
Our No.1 recommended vendor for Nicaraguans or people living in Nicaragua is Modafinil XL. Our team has made half a dozen orders from this vendor and can confirm that they ship high-quality Modafinil in record time.
Here are some of the things they do exceptionally well:
- Up-to-date Informative Website: Modafinil XL’s informative website is always kept up-to-date with the latest shipping information, pricing, and offers. It’s also jam-packed with hundreds of informative articles about Modafinil and other nootropics that will help you make an informed buying decision.
- Free Shipping on Large Orders: When you spend over $80 at Modafinil XL your order will qualify for free shipping, which takes around 15 business days to arrive in Nicaragua. If you spend over $150, you’ll get free Express shipping, meaning you’ll get your order even faster.
- WIDE Selection of Products: If you find a pharmacy in Nicaragua that stocks Modafinil, you’ll likely only have one product to choose from. But when you shop at Modafinil XL, you’ll get a much wider choice. They stock everything from well-known brands such as Modvigil and Modalert to less common brands like Modafresh, and Modaheal. They even have a sublingual brand called Indian MD that’s absorbed through the mouth for a faster, more intense hit.
- Guaranteed Delivery: You'll get guaranteed delivery when ordering with Modafinil XL. No risks! You either get your Modafinil or you get your money back.
- FREE Trial Offer: If you’ve never tried Modafinil before and want to give it a whirl, we highly recommend ordering a free trial pack from Modafinil XL. They’ll ship you 10 free Modafinil tablets to try, all they ask is that you cover the $29 shipping fee.
- HUGE Discounts: Modafinil XL’s prices are way lower than anything you’d find in a Nicaraguan pharmacy. They send 10 free Modafinil pills and 10 free Armodafinil pills with EVERY order, so you get 20 free pills every time you shop here. Plus, if you pay with Bitcoin, you’ll get 20% off your entire order.
Overall, Modafinil XL is an outstanding vendor with an educational website, unique deals, and a massive selection of products. You'll like them, we promise.
Get 10% off all ModafinilXL products as a Modafinil.com reader.
Just use this code at checkout: ENJOY10OFF
While we have absolutely no doubts that you’ll love Modafinil XL, we recognize that some of you will want another option. Fortunately, we found another vendor that’s just as good – Dino Supplies.
These guys are phenomenal and do an incredible job shipping legit Modafinil to Nicaragua.
Specifically, here are some of the things we love about them:
- Guaranteed Delivery: Dino Supplies has a simple guarantee: either you receive your Modafinil or you’ll get a fund refund or reship. Your choice. You’ll have absolutely nothing to worry about when you order from these guys.
- Free Shipping on ALL Orders: There are no minimum order requirements when you shop at Dino Supplies. Shipping is complimentary on EVERY order. If you just want to make a small order, this vendor is perfect.
- 10% Discount Coupon: You can get 10% off your entire order simply by using the code ‘DINOMODA6854’ at the checkout. This can make a huge difference in the final amount you pay.
- 20% Bitcoin Discount: In conjunction with the 10% discount above, you can also get a further 20% off just by paying with Bitcoin. This combined 30% discount makes Dino Supplies incredibly economical.
- Decent Selection of Products: While Dino Supplies doesn’t offer the same range as Modafinil XL, it does stock three of the most popular generic brands of Modafinil.
Overall, we’re certain that you’ll be delighted with Dino Supplies. They are a stellar vendor with a terrific reputation.
Get 10% off all Dino Supplies products as a Modafinil.com reader.
Just use this code at checkout: DINOMODA6854
While there isn't any legal risk to buying or possessing Modafinil in Nicaragua, there is a health risk. Specifically, it increases dopamine and presents a low risk of dependence. As such, you’ll want to limit your intake of Modafinil to no more than three days per week.
For days when you aren’t taking Modafinil and still want to get stuff done, we have a fantastic natural nootropic that would like to recommend:
Mind Lab Pro
Unlike Modafinil, Mind Lab Pro isn’t a pharmaceutical. It’s essentially a nootropic multivitamin that's certified drug-free. It contains 11 different natural ingredients that work in synergy to offer a Modafinil-like effect on your mood, memory, and concentration.
Best of all, this nootropic causes virtually zero side effects, meaning you can take it year-round. It’s ideal for your days off from Modafinil. That’s how we take it and that’s how we recommend that you take it too.
Some of the most powerful nootropic ingredients found in Mind Lab Pro are:
- Bacopa Monnieri: A natural plant extract with potent neuroprotective properties .
- Citicoline: A research-backed nootropic that helps keep your brain neurons firing on all cylinders .
- Lion's Mane Mushroom: A natural mushroom extract that’s renowned for its anti-aging benefits .
Together, these ingredients create a burst of focus, just like you get from Modafinil, but they also offer rejuvenation and healing benefits as well. It's our favorite nootropic that’s not called Modafinil and is the most potent natural nootropic we’ve ever reviewed.
The single downside about Mind Lab Pro is that it only lasts for around six hours. While this is far less than you’d get from Modafinil, it’s still plenty enough to get a full days’ worth of work in.
Highly, highly recommended!
P.S: Read our full Mind Lab Pro review to learn more!
Mind Lab Pro!
Modafinil In Nicaragua | The Verdict
You now know everything you need to know about Modafinil in Nicaragua.
You know how to take it responsibly, what to look out for, and which vendors to trust. You even know our top recommendation for a natural nootropic to take on your ‘off’ days from Modafinil. Plus, so much more!
- Gerrard P, Malcolm R. Mechanisms of modafinil: A review of current research. Neuropsychiatr Dis Treat. 2007;3(3):349–364.
- Ballon JS, Feifel D. A systematic review of modafinil: Potential clinical uses and mechanisms of action. J Clin Psychiatry. 2006;67(4):554-66.
- Biederman J, Swanson JM, Wigal SB, Boellner SW, Earl CQ, Lopez FA; Modafinil ADHD Study Group. A comparison of once-daily and divided doses of modafinil in children with attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder: a randomized, double-blind, and placebo-controlled study. J Clin Psychiatry. 2006 May;67(5):727-35. doi: 10.4088/jcp.v67n0506. PMID: 16841622.
- Can Modafinil Treat Cocaine or Amphetamine Addiction & Withdrawal? (2020, February 3). Retrieved from https://americanaddictioncenters.org/addiction-medications/modafinil
- Brown RE, Stevens DR, Haas HL. The physiology of brain histamine. Prog Neurobiol. 2001;63(6):637-672. doi:10.1016/s0301-0082(00)00039-3
- Zolkowska D, Jain R, Rothman RB, Partilla JS, Roth BL, Setola V, Prisinzano TE, Baumann MH. Evidence for the involvement of dopamine transporters in behavioral stimulant effects of modafinil. J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 2009 May;329(2):738-46. doi: 10.1124/jpet.108.146142. Epub 2009 Feb 5. PMID: 19197004; PMCID: PMC2672878.
- Minzenberg MJ, Carter CS. Modafinil: a review of neurochemical actions and effects on cognition. Neuropsychopharmacology. 2008 Jun;33(7):1477-502. doi: 10.1038/sj.npp.1301534. Epub 2007 Aug 22. PMID: 17712350.
- Pigeau R, Naitoh P, Buguet A, McCann C, Baranski J, Taylor M, Thompson M, MacK I I. Modafinil, d-amphetamine and placebo during 64 hours of sustained mental work. I. Effects on mood, fatigue, cognitive performance and body temperature. J Sleep Res. 1995 Dec;4(4):212-228. doi: 10.1111/j.1365-2869.1995.tb00172.x. PMID: 10607161.
- Young JW. Dopamine D1 and D2 receptor family contributions to modafinil-induced wakefulness. J Neurosci. 2009;29(9):2663–2665. doi:10.1523/JNEUROSCI.5843-08.2009
- Müller, U., Rowe, J. B., Rittman, T., Lewis, C., Robbins, T. W., & Sahakian, B. J. (2013, January). Effects of modafinil on non-verbal cognition, task enjoyment and creative thinking in healthy volunteers. Retrieved from https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3485563/
- Kim D. Practical use and risk of modafinil, a novel waking drug. Environ Health Toxicol. 2012;27:e2012007. doi:10.5620/eht.2012.27.e2012007
- Krishnan, R., & Chary, K. V. (2015). A rare case modafinil dependence. Retrieved from https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4319252/
- Modafinil/Provigil – new warning about serious side effects. (n.d.). Retrieved from https://www.meassociation.org.uk/2008/02/modafinilprovigil-new-warning-about-serious-side-effects/
- Aguiar S, Borowski T. Neuropharmacological review of the nootropic herb Bacopa monnieri. Rejuvenation Res. 2013 Aug;16(4):313-26. doi: 10.1089/rej.2013.1431. PMID: 23772955; PMCID: PMC3746283.
- Grieb P. Neuroprotective properties of citicoline: facts, doubts and unresolved issues. CNS Drugs. 2014;28(3):185-193. doi:10.1007/s40263-014-0144-8
- Rossi P, Cesaroni V, Brandalise F, Occhinegro A, Ratto D, Perrucci F, Lanaia V, Girometta C, Orrù G, Savino E. Dietary Supplementation of Lion's Mane Medicinal Mushroom, Hericium erinaceus (Agaricomycetes), and Spatial Memory in Wild-Type Mice. Int J Med Mushrooms. 2018;20(5):485-494. doi: 10.1615/IntJMedMushrooms.2018026241. PMID: 29953363.