Curious about how to buy Modafinil in Taiwan?
Then you're in just the right place. In this guide, we'll give you a detailed breakdown of everything you need to know about Modafinil and other smart drugs in this stunningly beautiful country.
If you’re simply looking to make your first order, here’s the short answer…
But for those of you who want to know about Modafinil’s benefits, legalities, online buying options, and more, just keep reading.
We'll explain all the ins and outs of buying and using the world’s most popular smart drug – Modafinil – in Taiwan. We'll also suggest a natural Modafinil alternative that you can buy over the counter.
What is Modafinil?
Modafinil is often referred to as the “Limitless-pill” due to its similarities with the fictional nootropic – NZT-48 – featured in the 2011 science fiction movie “Limitless”.
One reason for this is that the movie’s script writers were inspired by Modafinil’s ability to boost concentration and memory in healthy individuals.
Modafinil is widely considered to be the world’s premier ‘smart drug’. It is beloved of high-flying traders, entrepreneurs, and students the world over. But Modafinil isn’t a designer drug.
It was discovered in France in the mid-1970s and is classified as a ‘eugeroic’, which means it is a type of drug that makes people feel alert. Following years of development and trials, Modafinil was launched in France under the brand name ‘Modiodal'. It is used to treat narcolepsy, a condition that causes people to become uncontrollably drowsy during the day .
However, doctors and researchers soon discovered that Modafinil had a number of ‘off label’ benefits. Besides narcolepsy, it can also be used to treat things like :
- Attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) .
- Shift Work Sleep Disorder (SWSD).
- Cocaine addiction and dependence .
- Sleep apnea.
- Seasonal depression.
- And much, more!
Soon, Modafinil’s ‘off label’ uses caught the attention of CEOs, hustlers, grad students, and entrepreneurs. They started taking the drug ‘off prescription’ as a cognitive enhancer, and the rest is history.
In terms of its cognitive benefits, Modafinil simply blows all other nootropics out of the water. As a general rule, it offers benefits like :
- 12+ hours of extreme focus .
- Reduced mental fatigue .
- Improved problem-solving skills.
- Enhanced mental dexterity.
- Better memory and recall .
- And much more!
Simply put, Modafinil allows you to work harder and for longer periods than any other nootropic on the market.
Keep in mind that Modafinil isn't a miracle pill like NZT-48 – it won’t let you learn a new language in a few hours or master the piano in an afternoon. But it will let you push yourself further than you would be able to otherwise and accomplish more than you ever thought possible.
When combined with a clean diet, and good sleep habits, Modafinil offers incredible results in terms of productivity and results. If you're ready to gain an edge over your competition, then Modafinil is your best friend.
Modafinil Side Effects and Safety Concerns
Modafinil is an exceptionally safe and well researched pharmaceutical drug that’s very well tolerated by almost everyone who takes it. However, just like any drug, it does come with some side effects that you should be aware of.
To start with, you shouldn’t take Modafinil if you are pregnant, suffer from anxiety or depression, or are currently taking any prescription medications that may interact with Modafinil.
But assuming you are a healthy adult with no pre-existing conditions, what can you expect?
At doses of 100-200mg, Modafinil typically produces very mild side effects such as :
- Insomnia (or sleeplessness)
- Nausea (or an upset stomach)
- Loss of appetite
- Dry mouth/throat
Fortunately, most of these side effects can be mitigated by taking a few simple precautions.
For starters, if you’re a first-time Modafinil user, it’s a good idea to buy a pill splitter and cut a standard 200mg tablet in half. Taking half a tablet – 100mg – for your first dose lets you safely experiment with the drug and see how your body responds. You’re unlikely to experience any of the side effects listed above when you take such a low dose.
Second, many of the most common side effects like a dry mouth or throat and headaches are due to dehydration. Modafinil is a powerful appetite suppressant and you can easily forget to eat and drink when you take it. Therefore, it’s important to eat at your regular meal times and stay well hydrated during the day. This will also help you avoid feelings of nausea or stomach issues.
Lastly, if you find that Modafinil interferes with your normal sleep schedule, you can either lower the dose or take it earlier in the morning. This ensures that the effects will wear off by the time you’re ready for bed.
Overall, studies have shown Modafinil is generally safe for most healthy users . Modafinil simply doesn't have the same risk factors as other stimulants or amphetamines.
However, this isn't medical advice and we advise you to do due diligence before taking any nootropic including Modafinil.
Is Modafinil Legal in Taiwan?
The short answer is:
You do need a prescription though. Taiwan has relatively strict laws when it comes to international drug importation. This isn't news to many of you, but it's something to keep in mind.
Taiwan has a system of classifying drugs of any type from schedule I to IV based on various criteria . This is also the way it determines legal action if someone is found in possession of a specific narcotic, drug, or other pharmaceutical.
Modafinil happens to be considered a schedule IV drug according to this archived page from the National Bureau of Controlled Drugs on the older Department of Health's website . Although it’s a bit dated, this is still the current categorization as of 2021.
Anything that is scheduled, however, needs a prescription from a licensed medical professional. We have heard of people getting Modafinil by asking for it from certain doctors, but we would not trust these reports. That could be extremely illegal off the books stuff that gets you and a doctor in serious trouble.
Here is the good news:
It's much easier to order Modafinil online from a reputable vendor. You won't have to worry about prescriptions this way.
How to Get a Modafinil Prescription in Taiwan
You must have a sleep-related condition or disorder such as narcolepsy to be prescribed Modafinil in Taiwan.
There is no other way. You can try and claim that you have something like narcolepsy, but this won't work. Any reputable doctor is going to ask you to undergo an overnight sleep study before diagnosing you with narcolepsy. And no, you can’t fake having narcolepsy.
The smarter option is simply to buy Modafinil from a vendor that ships legitimate Modafinil into Taiwan.
Don't worry about quality or purity either. Generic Modafinil from a reputable vendor is every bit as good as brand name Modafinil like Provigil.
You heard that right.
There is no difference between name brand and generic Modafinil!
The only difference is that generic Modafinil is about 10 times cheaper when ordering from legitimate online vendors.
Where to Buy Modafinil Online in Taiwan | 2021 Guide
Taiwan has stricter custom controls than most countries, but the good news is that you can still reliably get Modafinil into the country. You just need to know where to look.
Below you'll find our two favorite online Modafinil vendors. They both currently ship high-quality nootropics to Taiwan hassle-free.
- World-Class Customer Service: Buy Moda is 100% American owned and run – all their support staff is American and you will notice the difference when you contact them. You can expect fast, accurate replies to any questions or queries you may have. And they also have a 24/7 chatbot for the vast majority of inquiries.
- Generous Discounts and Freebies: Buy Moda’s Modafinil prices are extremely competitive, and they get even cheaper if you follow a few simple steps. First, orders over $150 get 30 free pills, and second, if you pay with Bitcoin, you’ll get 20% off your entire order. These two deals drive the cost-per-pill way low.
- Guaranteed Delivery: All orders over $100 qualify for free shipping and typically take between 3-6 weeks to arrive in Taiwan. In the rare event that your order is stopped at customs or lost, Buy Moda will fix you up with a free reshipment or full refund. Basically, you have no risk.
- Great-Value Sample Packs: If you’re new to Modafinil and aren’t sure which generic product meets your needs, Buy Moda has some nice little sample packs. This gives you a selection of Modafinil and Armodafinil to try.
Get 15% off all Buy Moda products as a Modafinil.com reader.
Just use this code at checkout: BUYMODA#1
The other Modafinil vendor we recommend goes by the name of ModaPharma. This pharmacy has been around for over five years and has built a stellar reputation for shipping legit nootropics to Taiwan.
Here’s what we love about them:
- AUTHENTIC Products: ModaPharma tests all their products and never ships fake pills. Every batch of Modafinil they sell has been independently tested by a third-party lab to ensure it’s legit.
- INSURED Global Shipping: When you order from ModaPharma, you can enjoy tracked international shipping covered by their “SureDelivery guarantee”. This means you can track your order online until it reaches your door.
- POSITIVE Customer Feedback: ModaPharma has thousands of verified reviews from satisfied customers.
Overall, we’re 100% confident that you’ll have a great experience when you order Modafinil from ModaPharma. Your shipment will arrive fast and you’ll have no hassles.
Order Modafinil from a great online vendor, ModaPharma
‘Brand Name' Modafinil and Armodafinil in Taiwan
Pharmacies in Taiwan sell name brand Modafinil products. They do not sell generic brands.
For example, here are a few common name brand Modafinil products that you may be able to find in a pharmacy,
- Provigil (Modafinil)
- Nuvigil (Armodafinil)
Remember, these are brand names that are produced by Western manufacturing companies. They are much more expensive, and they are NOT what you find in any online Modafinil pharmacy.
Online vendors typically carry the following brands:
The good news? Brand-name Modafinil is no better than generic Modafinil. We realize that it may be hard to believe, but it's the truth. We know because we have tried all six of the brands above.
All of the generic Modafinil and Armodafinil products above will give you fantastic cognitive performance benefits and will have you focused for hours on end.
Modafinil is relatively easy to access when buying online, and it's affordable for the vast majority of people.
Still, many of you might be scared by the fact that Modafinil is a schedule IV drug, or you might want an effective alternative nootropic to take on your “off” days from Modafinil.
If that sounds interesting, here's the premier Modafinil alternative on the market:
Mind Lab Pro
Mind Lab Pro is a super-comprehensive, all-in-one nootropic that contains 11 ingredients that each target different areas of your cognition. Like Modafinil, some ingredients give you a focus boost, but you also get ingredients that heal, rejuvenate, or repair parts of your brain.
For example, Citicoline boosts brain energy, focus, and attentiveness, but it also helps neural regeneration and improves memory . You also have compounds like phosphatidylserine that enhance long term memory by promoting flexible brain cell membranes.
Mind Lab Pro also contains Bacopa monnieri, which has been scientifically proven to boost memory , and Lion's Mane Mushroom extract, which helps with neural regeneration while increasing memory retention . It also contains adaptogen herbs like Rhodiola Rosea that optimize and keep the brain healthy during periods of extreme stress.
To wrap everything up, Mind Lab Pro contains premium forms of vitamins B6, B9, and B12, all of which have been shown to promote long-term brain health .
As you can see, Mind lab Pro is more than just a focus agent or a simple booster of motivation. It sets the stage for a healthier, more effective cognition.
The only significant disadvantage of this nootropic is that it doesn’t give you the insane 12+ hours of focus that you get with Modafinil. Instead, you get around 6-8+ hours. That's still plenty of time to blast through a stack of paperwork, complete a project, or finish anything else you need to get done.
It's our absolute favorite alternative to Modafinil for a very good reason. It not only boosts your performance significantly, but it helps get your brain into a healthier, more optimized state.
Mind Lab Pro!
Modafinil in Taiwan | The Verdict
That’s about it! Everything you'd ever need to know about buying Modafinil in Taiwan these days.
In this comprehensive guide, we discussed the impressive cognitive benefits of Modafinil, safety precautions, legalities, prescriptions, and so much more.
- Mereu M, Bonci A, Newman AH, Tanda G. The neurobiology of modafinil as an enhancer of cognitive performance and a potential treatment for substance use disorders. Psychopharmacology (Berl). 2013 Oct;229(3):415-34. doi: 10.1007/s00213-013-3232-4. Epub 2013 Aug 10. PMID: 23934211; PMCID: PMC3800148.
- Gerrard, Paul, and Robert Malcolm. “Mechanisms of modafinil: A review of current research.” Neuropsychiatric disease and treatment 3,3 (2007): 349-64.
- Biederman J, Swanson JM, Wigal SB, Boellner SW, Earl CQ, Lopez FA; Modafinil ADHD Study Group. A comparison of once-daily and divided doses of modafinil in children with attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder: a randomized, double-blind, and placebo-controlled study. J Clin Psychiatry. 2006 May;67(5):727-35. doi: 10.4088/jcp.v67n0506. PMID: 16841622.
- Dackis CA, Kampman KM, Lynch KG, Pettinati HM, O'Brien CP. A double-blind, placebo-controlled trial of modafinil for cocaine dependence. Neuropsychopharmacology. 2005 Jan;30(1):205-11. doi: 10.1038/sj.npp.1300600. PMID: 15525998.
- Müller, U., Rowe, J. B., Rittman, T., Lewis, C., Robbins, T. W., & Sahakian, B. J. (2013, January). Effects of modafinil on non-verbal cognition, task enjoyment and creative thinking in healthy volunteers. Retrieved from https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3485563/
- Baranski JV, Pigeau RA. Self-monitoring cognitive performance during sleep deprivation: effects of modafinil, d-amphetamine and placebo. J Sleep Res. 1997 Jun;6(2):84-91. doi: 10.1111/j.1365-2869.1997.00032.x. PMID: 9377538.
- Chapotot F, Pigeau R, Canini F, Bourdon L, Buguet A. Distinctive effects of modafinil and d-amphetamine on the homeostatic and circadian modulation of the human waking EEG. Psychopharmacology (Berl). 2003 Mar;166(2):127-38. doi: 10.1007/s00213-002-1315-8. Epub 2003 Jan 28. PMID: 12552359.
- Pigeau R, Naitoh P, Buguet A, McCann C, Baranski J, Taylor M, Thompson M, MacK I I. Modafinil, d-amphetamine and placebo during 64 hours of sustained mental work. I. Effects on mood, fatigue, cognitive performance and body temperature. J Sleep Res. 1995 Dec;4(4):212-228. doi: 10.1111/j.1365-2869.1995.tb00172.x. PMID: 10607161.
- Side Effects of Provigil (Modafinil), Warnings, Uses. (2018, May 8). Retrieved from https://www.rxlist.com/provigil-side-effects-drug-center.htm
- Teodorini, Rachel D et al. “The off-prescription use of modafinil: An online survey of perceived risks and benefits.” PloS one 15,2 e0227818. 5 Feb. 2020, doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0227818
- Feng, L.-Y., Yu, W.-J., Chang, W.-T., Han, E., Chung, H., & Li, J.-H. (2016, September 23). Comparison of illegal drug use pattern in Taiwan and Korea from 2006 to 2014. Retrieved from https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5034652/
- (n.d.). Retrieved from http://web.archive.org/web/20090713201926/http://www.nbcd.gov.tw/home/english_version/laws/laws01.aspx
- Grieb P. Neuroprotective properties of citicoline: facts, doubts and unresolved issues. CNS Drugs. 2014;28(3):185-193. doi:10.1007/s40263-014-0144-8
- Kongkeaw C, Dilokthornsakul P, Thanarangsarit P, Limpeanchob N, Norman Scholfield C. Meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials on cognitive effects of Bacopa monnieri extract. J Ethnopharmacol. 2014;151(1):528-535. doi:10.1016/j.jep.2013.11.008
- Mori K, Inatomi S, Ouchi K, Azumi Y, Tuchida T. Improving effects of the mushroom Yamabushitake (Hericium erinaceus) on mild cognitive impairment: a double-blind placebo-controlled clinical trial. Phytother Res. 2009;23(3):367-372. doi:10.1002/ptr.2634
- Kennedy DO. B Vitamins and the Brain: Mechanisms, Dose and Efficacy–A Review. Nutrients. 2016 Jan 27;8(2):68. doi: 10.3390/nu8020068. PMID: 26828517; PMCID: PMC4772032.