If you're curious about how to buy Modafinil in Ukraine, let us be your guide.
We'll break down everything you need to know about getting your hands on this popular smart drug while living in or visiting Ukraine.
If you’re looking for the short answer, here you are….
But if you’re looking for more in-depth information about Modafinil, just keep reading…
Below we'll discuss Modafinil’s benefits, side effects, legal status, brand names, and the best places to source it from while living in Ukraine.
Modafinil is, without a shadow of a doubt, the world's best smart drug. So let's dig in to find out more!
What is Modafinil?
Modafinil is the ‘king' of nootropics.
Perhaps that’s a bit over the top, but many people do consider Modafinil to be the real-life “Limitless” pill. And it’s not too hard to see why…
Originally, Modafinil was discovered and developed in France in the '70s as an experimental treatment for narcolepsy .
The US FDA eventually approved it for use in the United States in 1998. Its clinical application has since significantly expanded since then.
For example, Modafinil is now prescribed to treat the following conditions:
- Cocaine dependence [2, 3].
- Nicotine addiction.
- Seasonal depression.
- Bipolar disorder.
- Attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) .
However, Modafinil also has a significant effect on cognition and can improve memory, reaction times, and more. It is commonly taken ‘off prescription’ as a “smart drug” or “nootropic” .
That’s why almost every hustler, hard-working grad student, and Wall Street professional turns to Modafinil when they need a mental boost.
As a nootropic, Modafinil offers the following cognitive benefits:
- Inability to feel fatigued .
- Improved memory .
- 12+ hours of extreme focus and concentration .
- Improved memory recall.
- Greater mental dexterity.
- Subtle mood boost.
Modafinil won't finish that project for you, but it will help you stay focused for longer and ‘attack’ your work with much more energy and determination.
Modafinil essentially gives you an “edge” that others simply won't have. Modafinil is the world's number nootropic for one simple reason:
Modafinil Side Effects and Safety
Modafinil is one of the safest cognitive-enhancing drugs you could ever hope to find. Numerous studies have shown that it is a safe drug that is virtually risk-free when taken at the recommended dose – 200mg/day – by healthy users with no preexisting medical conditions .
However, Modafinil does have a few documented side effects. It's essential to be aware of them and other safety concerns before you decide whether you want to take some.
The most serious one? Modafinil has been linked to birth defects so must not be taken by anyone who is pregnant. But other than that, Modafinil’s side effects are extremely mild and temporary. They include things like :
- Insomnia or sleeplessness
- Nausea (or an upset stomach)
- Increased anxiety
- Loss of appetite
None of these side effects should cause you too much concern as they typically subside within 24 hours of taking Modafinil. The good news is that you can minimize or mitigate most of them by doing a few simple things.
First, if you find that Modafinil interferes with your sleep or causes insomnia, try taking your dose earlier in the morning. This will ensure you can fall asleep at your normal time, as the drug usually takes 12-15+ hours to leave your system.
Second, if Modafinil causes you to experience headaches, nausea, or an upset stomach, the most likely cause is dehydration. Modafinil acts as a powerful appetite suppressant so it’s natural to skip meals or forget to drink enough. You can avoid these side effects by making a conscious effort to stick with your regular meal times and drink plenty of water (at least 2 liters) throughout the day.
A common concern with Modafinil is whether it is addictive. The answer is that while Modafinil does increase dopamine in the brain, instances of people becoming addicted to this drug are virtually unheard of [11, 12]. The only reported cases involved people taking extremely high doses – 1,200mg/day+ – which is far outside the recommended dose [13, 14].
Overall, Modafinil simply doesn't offer risk factors like traditional stimulants and amphetamines like Adderall. Side effects are minimal and Modafinil is a safe smart drug for the majority of users.
Is Modafinil Legal in Ukraine?
While we aren’t lawyers, the answer appears to be yes, Modafinil is legal in Ukraine if you're able to get a prescription for it from a Ukrainian doctor.
If you can read the Ukrainian language, you should be able to find something about the smart drug from the Ukrainian Pharmaceutical Quality Institute .
In our understanding, Modafinil is legal and is a registered pharmaceutical drug in Ukraine.
Doctors can prescribe the drug to treat sleep-related ailments, like narcolepsy. Of course, speaking Ukrainian or Russian will help you get a prescription here.
Most users report that finding Modafinil, especially high-quality generic products, is especially hard while in Ukraine. Since Modafinil is not all that popular in the country, the vast majority of pharmacies will not stock any Modafinil.
In Kyiv, you may spend a couple of days searching for Modafinil before you stumble upon a pharmacy that happens to have some in stock.
Then, you'll have to convince the pharmacist to sell you Modafinil without a prescription. This isn't difficult for local Ukrainians, as selling pharmaceutical drugs over-the-counter is quite normal in the country.
For foreigners, this simply isn’t the case. Most locals will not sell English-speaking foreigners pharmaceutical drugs without a prescription. They are suspicious of our motives if we're not communicating in their native language.
Thus, Modafinil is *legal* in Ukraine, but you'll struggle to find and buy the smart drug in a pharmacy here.
How to Get a Modafinil Prescription in Ukraine
You need to have a sleep disorder, such as narcolepsy. That's the long and short of it.
Convincing a doctor you have narcolepsy or severe sleep apnea often results in further tests and expenses. The process can be quite costly as it usually involves spending the night in a hospital to undertake a sleep study.
It's hard to get a legit Modafinil prescription in Ukraine.
This is even more true if you don't speak one of the local languages, as most doctors are skeptical of English speakers to begin with.
The easy, simple option is to order generic Modafinil from an online store.
There are multiple high-quality online vendors that ship Modafinil to Ukraine. The best part? It's often 10x cheaper than buying Modafinil from a pharmacy on a per-pill-basis.
Where to Buy Modafinil Online in Ukraine | 2022 Guide
For individuals looking to buy Modafinil online while living in Ukraine, you'll find all the information you need to succeed below.
Both of these vendors are reputable and do a phenomenal job of shipping high-quality Modafinil to Ukraine.
Here's what you need to know:
Buy Moda is the best online Modafinil vendor out there, bar none.
This online pharmacy does a phenomenal job shipping generic Modafinil products to customers in Ukraine, and quickly. Their prices are cheap and the customer service is second to none.
Here's a more in-depth explanation:
- Wide Selection of Products: Buy Moda carries a wide variety of the absolute best generic Modafinil products. For example, they carry Modvigil, Modalert, and Artvigil, to name a few. That's not even the full list either. You’re guaranteed to find something that suits you here.
- Superb Customer Service: Where Buy Moda really stands out is its customer service. The company is American-owned and run, meaning that all email correspondence is clear, accurate, and fast.
- Guaranteed Delivery: Just in case something happens to your order, Buy Moda offers a free reshipment or full refund, no questions asked. You’ll never lose out on money or Modafinil, only a little time.
- Bitcoin Discount: One nice little perk offered by Buy Moda is that they give you a massive 20% off your entire order when you pay with Bitcoin. This helps make their already affordable prices extremely cheap.
- FREE Shipping: Buy Moda includes free shipping on all their orders for any country outside of the EU or Canada, including Ukraine.
- Discreet Packaging: Many of you likely live with parents or other housemates. Thus, you don't want them to know about your Modafinil habit. All orders from Buy Moda are shipped in discreet, plain packaging so your privacy is assured.
As you can see, Buy Moda does just about everything right. They offer the best generic Modafinil around, incredible deals, and to top it all off, a money-back guarantee and discreet packaging.
HIGHLY, highly recommended!
Get 15% off all Buy Moda products as a Modafinil.com reader.
Just use this code at checkout: BUYMODA#1
Modafinil XL is the other incredible online Modafinil vendor that we recommend for Ukrainians or people living or staying in Ukraine.
These guys offer excellent products and incredible discounts. Here's what to expect when ordering from Modafinil XL:
- Huge Selection of Products: Besides the usual generic Modafinil brands like Modvigil and Artvigil, you can also buy less common ones like Modaheal and Modafresh. You’re basically guaranteed to find a product that suits your needs.
- Informative Website: One perk of Modafinil XL is that they have an extremely comprehensive website. It answers almost every conceivable question you may have, from shipping times to product origin. It’s ideal for people who are new to nootropics.
- Free shipping: Modafinil XL offers free shipping on all orders over $80 and bumps this up to free express shipping if you spend more than $150. Delivery is blazing-fast, making this a phenomenal benefit.
- Money-Back Guarantee: In case your order is lost or seized, Modafinil XL will refund 100% of your order, no questions asked. They will also give you a free reshipment if you prefer that.
- Big Bitcoin Discount: Fancy saving an additional 20% off your order? Simply pay with bitcoin! This is an amazing deal that gives you crazy-cheap Modafinil just for paying in crypto.
As you can see, Modafinil XL is an excellent vendor in its own right. They offer great products, huge discounts, and top it all off with a money-back guarantee to ensure you have a positive buying experience.
But don’t just take our word for how awesome these guys are…
If you stump up $29 to cover shipping costs, Modafinil XL will send you 10 Modafinil or Armodafinil tablets absolutely free. You can try them all and see how you get on. This is ideal if you’re a first-timer and just want to experiment.
Give them a try. You won't be disappointed.
Get 10% off all ModafinilXL products as a Modafinil.com reader.
Just use this code at checkout: ENJOY10OFF
‘Brand Name' Modafinil and Armodafinil in Ukraine
If you do look for Modafinil in a Ukrainian pharmacy, the brand names you’re most likely to see are:
- Provigil (Modafinil)
- Nuvigil (Armodafinil)
Will you actually find these brands in pharmacies in Ukraine? It's possible but unlikely.
The two online Modafinil stores that we recommend don’t stock brand-name Modafinil like “Provigil”; they only stock generic Modafinil like:
So, what’s the difference? Let us break it down for you…
Generic Modafinil is just as good as brand name Modafinil. Period.
Trust us. We’ve had Modafinil prescriptions before and tested all the brand name Modafinil products out there. We've also bought and tried almost every kind of generic Modafinil around. There's virtually zero difference between generic and name brand Modafinil.
However, there is a slight difference between the generic brands…
Overall, “Modalert” is our go-to generic Modafinil product. We find it has a little more ‘kick’ than other brands like Modvigil. But that’s just our opinion. We encourage you to try out a range of different brands and find out what works for you. The easiest way to do that?
You won't get arrested for possessing a small amount of Modafinil in Ukraine. The worst-case scenario is that your order is seized at customs, which is extremely rare.
That being said, you might be interested in some Modafinil alternatives, and not just for legal reasons…
You see, Modafinil isn’t an every-day smart drug. We recommend you take it no more than once or twice a week. This prevents you from becoming dependent on it and having to take more.
If you want something for your “off-days” from Modafinil, here’s our favorite Modafinil alternative:
Mind Lab Pro
Mind Lab Pro is a potent, all-in-one nootropic that’s 100% legal and certified drug-free. It's like a nootropic multivitamin that contains 11 different key ingredients that each target a separate area of your cognition.
For example, there are compounds like Lion's Mane Mushroom that help stimulate new brain plasticity and nerve regeneration .
You also have L-Theanine that promotes alpha brain waves and a sense of relaxed focus.
It gives you a similar boost to concentration and motivation like Modafinil, but not for as long.
You won't get 12+ hours of ‘laser-like’ focus like you get from Modafinil, but you will get 6-8 hours. That's more than enough to get a decent amount of work done. And, let’s be honest, you likely don’t need to be ‘on’ for 12+ every day.
So, for days when you need to crush your workload without Modafinil, Mind Lab Pro is all you need.
Mind Lab Pro!
Modafinil in Ukraine | Verdict?
In this guide, we’ve covered almost everything you ever need to know about buying Modafinil in Ukraine — either from a pharmacy or online.
The gist of it? You'll be hard-pressed to find Modafinil in a pharmacy in Ukraine without a prescription.
Most people find it far easier to order Modafinil online from one of our recommended vendors above. Not only is it simpler, but you'll find the prices even cheaper.
- Gerrard, Paul, and Robert Malcolm. “Mechanisms of modafinil: A review of current research.” Neuropsychiatric disease and treatment 3,3 (2007): 349-64.
- Can Modafinil Treat Cocaine or Amphetamine Addiction & Withdrawal? (2020, February 3). Retrieved from https://americanaddictioncenters.org/addiction-medications/modafinil
- Dackis CA, Kampman KM, Lynch KG, Pettinati HM, O'Brien CP. A double-blind, placebo-controlled trial of modafinil for cocaine dependence. Neuropsychopharmacology. 2005 Jan;30(1):205-11. doi: 10.1038/sj.npp.1300600. PMID: 15525998.
- Biederman J, Swanson JM, Wigal SB, Boellner SW, Earl CQ, Lopez FA; Modafinil ADHD Study Group. A comparison of once-daily and divided doses of modafinil in children with attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder: a randomized, double-blind, and placebo-controlled study. J Clin Psychiatry. 2006 May;67(5):727-35. doi: 10.4088/jcp.v67n0506. PMID: 16841622.
- Mereu M, Bonci A, Newman AH, Tanda G. The neurobiology of modafinil as an enhancer of cognitive performance and a potential treatment for substance use disorders. Psychopharmacology (Berl). 2013 Oct;229(3):415-34. doi: 10.1007/s00213-013-3232-4. Epub 2013 Aug 10. PMID: 23934211; PMCID: PMC3800148.
- Chapotot F, Pigeau R, Canini F, Bourdon L, Buguet A. Distinctive effects of modafinil and d-amphetamine on the homeostatic and circadian modulation of the human waking EEG. Psychopharmacology (Berl). 2003 Mar;166(2):127-38. doi: 10.1007/s00213-002-1315-8. Epub 2003 Jan 28. PMID: 12552359.
- Pigeau R, Naitoh P, Buguet A, McCann C, Baranski J, Taylor M, Thompson M, MacK I I. Modafinil, d-amphetamine and placebo during 64 hours of sustained mental work. I. Effects on mood, fatigue, cognitive performance and body temperature. J Sleep Res. 1995 Dec;4(4):212-228. doi: 10.1111/j.1365-2869.1995.tb00172.x. PMID: 10607161.
- Baranski JV, Pigeau RA. Self-monitoring cognitive performance during sleep deprivation: effects of modafinil, d-amphetamine and placebo. J Sleep Res. 1997 Jun;6(2):84-91. doi: 10.1111/j.1365-2869.1997.00032.x. PMID: 9377538.
- Teodorini, Rachel D et al. “The off-prescription use of modafinil: An online survey of perceived risks and benefits.” PloS one 15,2 e0227818. 5 Feb. 2020, doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0227818
- Side Effects of Provigil (Modafinil), Warnings, Uses. (2018, May 8). Retrieved from https://www.rxlist.com/provigil-side-effects-drug-center.htm
- Battleday RM, Brem AK. Modafinil for cognitive neuroenhancement in healthy non-sleep-deprived subjects: A systematic review. Eur Neuropsychopharmacol. 2015 Nov;25(11):1865-81. doi: 10.1016/j.euroneuro.2015.07.028. Epub 2015 Aug 20. PMID: 26381811.
- Mereu M, Chun LE, Prisinzano TE, Newman AH, Katz JL, Tanda G. The unique psychostimulant profile of (±)-modafinil: investigation of behavioral and neurochemical effects in mice. Eur J Neurosci. 2017 Jan;45(1):167-174. doi: 10.1111/ejn.13376. Epub 2016 Sep 11. PMID: 27545285; PMCID: PMC5604337.
- Volkow N, Li TK. The neuroscience of addiction. Nat Neurosci. 2005 Nov;8(11):1429-30. doi: 10.1038/nn1105-1429. PMID: 16251981.
- Krishnan, Raman, and Krishnan Vengadaragava Chary. “A rare case modafinil dependence.” Journal of pharmacology & pharmacotherapeutics 6,1 (2015): 49-50. doi:10.4103/0976-500X.149149
- (n.d.). Home page. Retrieved from http://gmpcenter.org.ua/en
- Mori K, Inatomi S, Ouchi K, Azumi Y, Tuchida T. Improving effects of the mushroom Yamabushitake (Hericium erinaceus) on mild cognitive impairment: a double-blind placebo-controlled clinical trial. Phytother Res. 2009;23(3):367-372. doi:10.1002/ptr.2634