Curious how to buy Modafinil in Uruguay right now? We’ve got all the information you need.
In this guide, we’ll discuss what Modafinil is, its legal status in Uruguay, and how to buy this powerful nootropic online.
If you’re in a rush…
Get 10% off all ModafinilXL products as a Modafinil.com reader.
Just use this code at checkout: ENJOY10OFF
Looking for more information? Then simply keep reading this guide for an in-depth look at the smart drug scene in Uruguay, along with a detailed safety guide.
Let’s dig in.
What is Modafinil?
Modafinil is sometimes called the real-life “Limitless” pill, but Modafinil didn’t start life as a nootropic. It was discovered in France during the ’70s and developed into a pharmaceutical drug to treat narcolepsy, a condition that causes people to feel drowsy during the daytime .
Modafinil was initially launched in France in 1994 under the brand name ‘Modiodal’. It was subsequently released throughout Europe and internationally under various names such as ‘Provigil’, ‘Vigil’, and ‘Modasomil’. In 1998, the US FDA approved Provigil as a narcolepsy treatment and the drug started to attract widespread attention .
Modafinil helps treat the following conditions:
- Sleep apnea.
- Shift Work Disorder.
- Attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) .
- Cocaine addiction .
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD).
As you can see, Modafinil has been widely researched and tested for a variety of uses and is considered to be a safe drug.
However, its reputation as “the Limitless pill” comes from its ‘off prescription’ use…
It didn’t take long for Modafinil’s benefits to become widely known outside the medical community. Hustlers, entrepreneurs, and students all over the world started flocking to Modafinil for its cognitive performance benefits:
- 12+ hours of intense focus.
- Reduced mental fatigue .
- Improved mental dexterity.
- Increased attentiveness.
- Better memory .
- Enhanced executive functioning .
Quite simply, Modafinil is the go-to supplement for anybody looking for an edge. Whether you want to manage your time better, get more stuff done, study better, or make more money, Modafinil is what you need.
When combined with solid lifestyle habits, Modafinil will help you get ahead of your competition.
Is Modafinil Legal in Uruguay?
Before we dive into the legalities of Modafinil in Uruguay, let us just note that we aren’t lawyers and this isn’t legal advice. But Modafinil isn’t criminalized in Uruguay, that’s for sure.
In Uruguay, all drugs were decriminalized for personal use in 1974 . This means that unless you’re carrying a dealer’s amount of any drug, you won’t get arrested. Drug possession for personal use is not a crime in Uruguay.
Now, that’s not the same as saying Modafinil is fully legal.
Some claim they have found Modafinil in pharmacies in Uruguay and purchased the pharmaceutical drug over-the-counter without a prescription. Others have found pharmacists denying Modafinil sales without a prescription.
The most common issue?
Individuals rarely find Modafinil in pharmacies in Uruguay. Modafinil may be legal in the country, but most users find it quite difficult to get their hands on smart drugs while in the country.
In other words, very few pharmacies stock this smart drug.
How to Get a Modafinil Prescription in Uruguay
You can’t get a prescription for Modafinil unless you’ve been formally diagnosed with narcolepsy or a similar sleep-related disorder.
Most doctors will ask you to undertake an overnight sleep study before making a diagnosis, so no, you can’t just fake having narcolepsy.
The good news is that you can buy generic Modafinil products online that perform exactly the same as the name brand Modafinil products that would be prescribed to you.
Trust us. You’re not missing anything using generic Modafinil.
Where to Buy Modafinil Online in Uruguay | 2021 Verdict
Now we’re getting to the good stuff…
Where can you buy Modafinil online, with zero risks, while living in Uruguay?
The two vendors below are of the utmost high quality. They are our top recommendations for Uruguayans and expats alike:
Modafinil XL is an excellent Modafinil vendor that is our top recommendation for anyone looking to get their hands on Modafinil in Uruguay. It offers a plethora of benefits and plenty of great deals and discounts.
Here’s why we love this vendor:
- Guaranteed Delivery: If you’re new to Modafinil, it’s natural to feel a little wary before placing an order. That’s why Modafinil XL offers guaranteed delivery; either you get your Modafinil or you’ll get a free reshipment. If the second shipment doesn’t arrive, you’ll get a full refund, no questions asked. Basically, you have no risk.
- 20% Bitcoin Discount: Modafinil XL offers a whopping 20 percent off your entire order if you pay in Bitcoin. This makes their price per pill ridiculously low.
- Wide Selection of Products: The sheer number of products carried by Modafinil XL is crazy. They offer the usual brands like Modvigil, but they also offer less common brands like Modaheal. They even have a sublingual Modafinil product. If you can’t decide, you can order a sample pack and test out a few different products until you find a favorite.
- Free Shipping on Large Orders: One nice perk of Modafinil XL is that shipping is free on all orders over $80. Orders over $150 get free express shipping, just to sweeten the deal.
Overall, Modafinil XL is an excellent choice when ordering Modafinil online from Uruguay, but don’t simply take our word for it…
Order a free sample pack and see for yourself!
That’s right: if you cover the $29 shipping fee, Modafinil XL will send you 10 Modafinil or Armodafinil tablets for free. You can see the speed of their shipping for yourself and test out their products before deciding whether you want to make a proper order.
Get 10% off all ModafinilXL products as a Modafinil.com reader.
Just use this code at checkout: ENJOY10OFF
The only other Modafinil vendor we recommend to people in Uruguay is Dino Supplies.
They offer many of the same benefits as Modafinil XL, such as fast shipping times, guaranteed delivery, discreet packaging, and top-class nootropics.
But they do offer a few special things that we absolutely love:
- Free Shipping on ALL Orders: There are no minimum order requirements with Dino Supplies; all orders get free shipping. Plus they offer quick dispatch to ensure fast delivery to Uruguay.
- Small Orders: If you’re looking to get into Modafinil without breaking the bank, Dino Supplies has you covered. You can buy as few as 30 tablets of Modvigil (generic Modafinil) for just $79. Or, if you want it even cheaper, you can take advantage of their bitcoin discount…
- 20% Bitcoin Discount; Just like Modafinil XL, the folks at Dino Supplies will give you a hefty 20% off your entire order if you pay with Bitcoin. If you haven’t got into crypto yet, there’s never been a better time to start.
So, what’s the main difference between Modafinil XL and Dino Supplies? Just one tiny thing…
Dino Supplies is a little more expensive than Modafinil XL on larger orders. But if you’re just buying Modafinil for the first time, this shouldn’t be an issue.
Get 10% off all Dino Supplies products as a Modafinil.com reader.
Just use this code at checkout: DINOMODA6854
‘Brand Name’ Modafinil and Armodafinil in Uruguay
First things first, you won’t get arrested in Uruguay for possessing a small quantity of Modafinil. No drug is illegal for personal use in Uruguay, so you’re absolutely fine with Modafinil.
It’s very rare for any pharmacy in Uruguay to stock brand-name Modafinil. But if you do find it, the brands you’ll see will most likely be;
- Provigil (Modafinil)
- Nuvigil (Armodafinil)
- Activigil (Modafinil)
However, you won’t find these brand names when you shop online at one of our recommended vendors. Instead, you’ll find generic brands such as:
- Modalert (Modafinil)
- Modvigil (Modafinil)
- Modawake (Modafinil)
- Waklert (Armodafinil)
- Artvigil (Armodafinil)
So what’s the difference?
In a nutshell, “Modalert” is the highest quality generic Modafinil on the market right now. It’s exactly the same as brand-name “Provigil” made by Cephalon, but much more economical to buy as it’s made by Sun Pharma in India.
“Modvigil” and “Modawake” are exactly the same product. They work just the same as “Modalert” except they are manufactured by HAB Pharmaceuticals, another Indian company. Most smart drug users are more familiar with “Modvigil” than “Modawake” but both products are identical.
“Waklert” and “Artvigil” are generic versions of Armodafinil that are exactly the same as brand-name “Nuvigil” made by Cephalon. Armodafinil is like Modafinil’s younger cousin, it was given FDA approval in 2007 and has a longer half-life than Modafinil, which is thought to make it more effective at treating conditions like narcolepsy.
In short, all of the above brands offer solid cognitive benefits. They all work. We’ve tried them all.
The only real difference is that generic Modafinil is significantly cheaper than the name brand products like “Provigil”.
Modalert is our favorite, but you should experiment and find which one you prefer. The easiest way to do that? Order a free sample pack from Modafinil XL or a standard sample pack from Dino Supplies and see for yourself…
Other Nootropics in Uruguay
Drug possession isn’t an issue in Uruguay. The worst that might happen is your order is seized at customs.
That being said, you may be looking for entirely over-the-counter alternatives to Modafinil. And not just for legal reasons.
See, Modafinil is a powerful stimulant and its effects are quite similar to amphetamines, it just works in a slightly different way. It makes your brain produce more histamine, which keeps you alert and helps you focus [9, 10]. It also increases dopamine, which improves mood and memory [11, 12].
While Modafinil is generally considered non-addictive, its dopamine-boosting effect means that it can lead to dependence when consumed at very high doses . Overusing this drug will cause your body to build a tolerance and you’ll need to take increasingly more to get the same effect.
To avoid this, you definitely do not want to take Modafinil more than once or twice per week. This will prevent you from building up a tolerance and help you get a good cognitive boost from the recommended dose of 200mg.
But what if you need to get stuff done on days when you aren’t taking Modafinil? That’s where our top recommendation for a natural nootropic comes in handy:
- Mind Lab Pro
Mind Lab Pro is an all-in-one nootropic that’s over-the-counter and completely legal. Unlike Modafinil, it contains only natural ingredients and has virtually zero side effects. This means you can take it 5 days a week, year-round. This makes it ideal for days when you aren’t taking Modafinil but still want a cognitive boost.
Curious about how Mind Lab Pro works?
Simple. It contains 11-key ingredients that each boost, heal, or rejuvenate your brain. These include:
- Lion’s Mane Mushroom: This natural nootropic has been proven to boost cognitive function in a double-blind placebo-controlled clinical trial .
- Citicoline: This offers overall brain protection and helps guard against neurodegenerative disorders .
- Bacopa monnieri: This cognitive booster has been proven to work in randomized controlled trials and comes highly recommended .
Overall, when you take Mind Lab Pro, you can expect some effects similar to Modafinil, but you also get additional ingredients like L-Theanine, which induce a state of relaxed focus, and various vitamins and minerals that promote brain health.
You won’t get 12+ hours of unbroken focus like Modafinil, but you will get a solid 6-8+ hours worth improved cognition. That’s more than enough to get some serious work done.
Mind Lab Pro is our go-to Modafinil alternative for a reason.
Mind Lab Pro!
Modafinil in Uruguay | The Verdict?
If you were curious about buying Modafinil in Uruguay, hopefully, this guide answered all your questions and more.
We covered everything from Modafinil’s benefits to its legalities, safety, and where to order online. We even pointed you in the direction of our favorite over-the-counter alternative.
This guide should provide you with the information you need to succeed when researching nootropics.
- Mereu M, Bonci A, Newman AH, Tanda G. The neurobiology of modafinil as an enhancer of cognitive performance and a potential treatment for substance use disorders. Psychopharmacology (Berl). 2013 Oct;229(3):415-34. doi: 10.1007/s00213-013-3232-4. Epub 2013 Aug 10. PMID: 23934211; PMCID: PMC3800148.
- Gerrard P, Malcolm R. Mechanisms of modafinil: A review of current research. Neuropsychiatr Dis Treat. 2007;3(3):349-364.
- Biederman J, Swanson JM, Wigal SB, Boellner SW, Earl CQ, Lopez FA; Modafinil ADHD Study Group. A comparison of once-daily and divided doses of modafinil in children with attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder: a randomized, double-blind, and placebo-controlled study. J Clin Psychiatry. 2006 May;67(5):727-35. doi: 10.4088/jcp.v67n0506. PMID: 16841622.
- Dackis CA, Kampman KM, Lynch KG, Pettinati HM, O’Brien CP. A double-blind, placebo-controlled trial of modafinil for cocaine dependence. Neuropsychopharmacology. 2005 Jan;30(1):205-11. doi: 10.1038/sj.npp.1300600. PMID: 15525998.
- Chapotot F, Pigeau R, Canini F, Bourdon L, Buguet A. Distinctive effects of modafinil and d-amphetamine on the homeostatic and circadian modulation of the human waking EEG. Psychopharmacology (Berl). 2003 Mar;166(2):127-38. doi: 10.1007/s00213-002-1315-8. Epub 2003 Jan 28. PMID: 12552359.
- Pigeau R, Naitoh P, Buguet A, McCann C, Baranski J, Taylor M, Thompson M, MacK I I. Modafinil, d-amphetamine and placebo during 64 hours of sustained mental work. I. Effects on mood, fatigue, cognitive performance and body temperature. J Sleep Res. 1995 Dec;4(4):212-228. doi: 10.1111/j.1365-2869.1995.tb00172.x. PMID: 10607161.
- Baranski JV, Pigeau RA. Self-monitoring cognitive performance during sleep deprivation: effects of modafinil, d-amphetamine and placebo. J Sleep Res. 1997 Jun;6(2):84-91. doi: 10.1111/j.1365-2869.1997.00032.x. PMID: 9377538.
- Centre for Public Impact (CPI). 2020. Marijuana Legalisation In Uruguay – Centre For Public Impact (CPI). [online] Available at: <https://www.centreforpublicimpact.org/case-study/marijuana-legalisation-in-uruguay/> [Accessed 26 October 2020].
- Ishizuka T, Sakamoto Y, Sakurai T, Yamatodani A. Modafinil increases histamine release in the anterior hypothalamus of rats. Neurosci Lett. 2003;339(2):143-146. doi:10.1016/s0304-3940(03)00006-5
- Brown RE, Stevens DR, Haas HL. The physiology of brain histamine. Prog Neurobiol. 2001;63(6):637-672. doi:10.1016/s0301-0082(00)00039-3
- Zolkowska D, Jain R, Rothman RB, Partilla JS, Roth BL, Setola V, Prisinzano TE, Baumann MH. Evidence for the involvement of dopamine transporters in behavioral stimulant effects of modafinil. J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 2009 May;329(2):738-46. doi: 10.1124/jpet.108.146142. Epub 2009 Feb 5. PMID: 19197004; PMCID: PMC2672878.
- Minzenberg MJ, Carter CS. Modafinil: a review of neurochemical actions and effects on cognition. Neuropsychopharmacology. 2008 Jun;33(7):1477-502. doi: 10.1038/sj.npp.1301534. Epub 2007 Aug 22. PMID: 17712350.
- Alacam H, Basay O, Tumkaya S, Mart M, Kar G. Modafinil Dependence: A Case with Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder. Psychiatry Investig. 2018;15(4):424-427. doi:10.30773/pi.2016.10.25
- Mori K, Inatomi S, Ouchi K, Azumi Y, Tuchida T. Improving effects of the mushroom Yamabushitake (Hericium erinaceus) on mild cognitive impairment: a double-blind placebo-controlled clinical trial. Phytother Res. 2009;23(3):367-372. doi:10.1002/ptr.2634
- Grieb P. Neuroprotective properties of citicoline: facts, doubts and unresolved issues. CNS Drugs. 2014;28(3):185-193. doi:10.1007/s40263-014-0144-8
- Kongkeaw C, Dilokthornsakul P, Thanarangsarit P, Limpeanchob N, Norman Scholfield C. Meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials on cognitive effects of Bacopa monnieri extract. J Ethnopharmacol. 2014;151(1):528-535. doi:10.1016/j.jep.2013.11.008