Want to find out how to buy Modafinil in Finland these days?
We’ve got you covered. Below, we'll discuss everything you need to know about smart drugs and nootropics in this northern European country.
For individuals looking to buy Modafinil online quickly…
But for those looking for more than just a buying recommendation, keep on reading…
We'll break down the legalities of Modafinil in Finland, how to get a prescription, where to buy nootropics online, how to pass customs, and much, much more.
What is Modafinil?
Considered by many to be the world's most popular smart drug, Modafinil is sometimes called the real-life “Limitless” pill, a nod to the 2011 sci-fi movie that depicted a drug with superhuman benefits.
But Modafinil isn’t the brainchild of Hollywood scriptwriters. It isn’t even a designer drug created for cognitive enhancement. It’s actually a well-researched ‘eugeroic’ – or ‘wakefulness-promoting’ agent – that was developed in France in the 1970s.
Modafinil was first released under the brand name ‘Modiodal’ in France in 1994. Its purpose? To treat narcolepsy, a condition that causes sufferers to feel extremely drowsy during the day. It proved to be extremely effective and was later introduced to almost every European country, including Finland, under various brand names including Provigil, Vigil, and Modasomil.
Modafinil's clinical application expanded significantly following the US FDA’s decision to approve its use as a narcolepsy treatment in 1998. Doctors began using it to treat everything from sleep apnea, to Shift Work Sleep Disorder, Attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder , and even amphetamine addiction .
Modafinil owes its effectiveness to its dramatic impact on levels of histamines and dopamine in the brain . Heightened levels of these two powerful neurotransmitters create a feeling of extreme alertness and loss of appetite, accompanied by the ability to maintain a ‘laser-like’ focus for over 12 hours . Higher-than-normal levels of dopamine also promote a feeling of well-being and give a massive boost to a person’s short-term memory [5, 6].
It didn’t take long for Modafinil’s ‘off label’ benefits to become common knowledge outside of the medical community. Soon, everyone from grad students, to doctors, startup CEOs, and busy professionals started using the drug for its impressive cognitive benefits.
We’re talking about research-backed benefits like:
- 12+ hours of enhanced wakefulness .
- Better mood and cognitive performance, with reduced fatigue .
- The ability to maintain extreme focus.
- Improved non-verbal cognition, and task enjoyment .
Quite simply, Modafinil lets you work or study longer and more effectively than you’d ever otherwise be able to. It doesn’t make you feel ‘high’; it just gives you a smooth, controlled, burst of energy, and focus.
Modafinil won't do your work for you, but it will help you push yourself further than normal and improve your chances of meeting your goals or targets.
Is Modafinil Legal in Finland?
The answer is yes, as long as you have a prescription.
In Finland, Modafinil is a prescription drug . For a doctor to prescribe you the drug, you must be diagnosed with narcolepsy or a sleep-related disorder. You can’t just buy it over the counter.
Now, you can try and convince a doctor that you have something like narcolepsy, sleep apnea, or Shift Work Disorder, but we don’t recommend it. Your local doctor will refer you to a sleep specialist who will ask for tests before making a diagnosis. At this point, the truth will come out.
Interestingly, although Modafinil is a prescription-only medication here in Finland, it’s not a controlled substance. That means that while it is illegal to sell Modafinil, it is not illegal to possess a small amount, provided it is for personal use only.
The easiest way of getting your hands on this smart drug in Finland is to simply order some Modafinil online from a high-quality vendor.
How to Get a Modafinil Prescription in Finland
This section is slightly redundant. To get a Modafinil prescription in Finland you need to be diagnosed with narcolepsy or a condition that causes excessive daytime sleepiness such as sleep apnea or Shift Work Sleep Disorder. There’s no other way.
Again, you can try and fake having one of the conditions listed above, but you won’t be able to keep up the pretense for long. The doctors will ask for tests to confirm your disorder, and you won't be able to fake those tests.
Not worth the hassle, in our humble opinion.
It's hard to get a prescription for Modafinil in Finland. Doctors don't give them out freely. This isn't Mexico.
Fortunately, it's easy to buy generic Modafinil online from one of our recommended vendors.
The good news? Generic Modafinil is exactly the same as that “brand name” Modafinil sold by Finnish pharmacies in terms of its effectiveness and strength. The only real difference is that generic products are significantly cheaper!
Where to Buy Modafinil Online in Finland | 2022 Guide
Here we are, the most important section of this guide.
Both of the vendors detailed below are excellent and come highly recommended. Make no mistake about it, you won’t find any better places to buy smart drugs while living in Finland.
Here are our top recommendations:
Our top-rated Modafinil vendor for those living in Finland is Buy Moda. They offer numerous benefits and we guarantee that you’ll be delighted with their service.
In terms of what they do well, here are the specifics:
- Guaranteed Delivery: With Buy Moda, either you get your Modafinil or you get a free reship or FULL refund. This gives you peace of mind that you’ll never be left out of pocket.
- Super Coupons: Buy Moda offers several ways to save, When you spend over $100, you’ll qualify for free shipping, and you can knock a further 10% off your order by using the coupon code ‘BUYMODA#1’ at the checkout.
- Awesome Pill Bonuses: Buy Moda has VERY low prices, but they drop even further when you take their generous pill bonuses into account. If you order more than $150 worth of Modafinil, you’ll get 30 free pills. You’ll also get 20% extra pills on your next order as a ‘Returning Customer’ bonus. A great way to save!
- Discreet Packaging: When you order from Buy Moda, no-one will know what you ordered! All shipments are sent in discreet, plain packaging. This helps them sail through customs and helps you avoid suspicion from noisy parents or housemates.
- Bitcoin Bonus: If you pay with Bitcoin, you’ll get a further 20% off your entire order.
- Superb Customer Service: Buy Moda is American owned, and all of their support staff are American. They respond to all questions and inquiries promptly and offer phenomenal support.
Overall, Buy Moda excels in every area and fully deserves their No. 1 spot in our rankings. You won’t find a better Modafinil.
Get 15% off all Buy Moda products as a Modafinil.com reader.
Just use this code at checkout: BUYMODA#1
If you’re looking for an alternative vendor, for whatever reason, Modafinil XL is worth a look. They offer pretty much the same benefits as Buy Moda such as a 20% Bitcoin discount and guaranteed delivery, with free reships and refund as required.
They also offer a little something extra which makes them perfect for nootropics newcomers!
Here are the details:
- Free Trial Pack: Yes, you read that right – Modafinil XL will send you 10 Modafinil or Armodafinil pills absolutely free. This is perfect if you’ve never tried them before and just want to test some before placing an order. All they ask is that you cover the $29 shipping fee as, you know, teleportation isn’t a thing yet.
- Highly Informative Website: One area where Modafinil XL really excels is its website – it’s astonishingly detailed and is packed full of information about nootropics. It’s ideal for beginners who want to learn more about Modafinil and other smart drugs.
- Fabulous Freebies: Modafinil XL includes 10 free Modafinil pills and 10 free Armodafinil pills with every order. This makes their already-low prices even more economical. Oh, they also comp the shipping if you spend more than $80, and comp express shipping if you spend over $150.
Overall, we’re sure you’ll be delighted with Modafinil XL. They’re definitely one of the best vendors shipping legit nootropics to Finland right now. No question about it.
Yes, they do offer a 10% off coupon code – ‘ENJOY10OFF’ – but unlike Buy Moda, this cannot be used in conjunction with the 20% Bitcoin discount. Still, this is something to bear in mind if you don’t fancy paying with crypto.
Get 10% off all ModafinilXL products as a Modafinil.com reader.
Just use this code at checkout: ENJOY10OFF
‘Brand Name' Modafinil and Armodafinil in Finland
Finnish pharmacies stock ‘Modiodal’ which is the brand name for Modafinil that’s used in many European countries including Sweden, Norway, and the Netherlands. They also stock ‘Nuvigil’ which is the brand name for Armodafinil, a newer, more potent version of Modafinil.
But when you shop online, you won’t find Modiodal or Nuvigil for sale. Instead, you’ll find generic brands such as:
In case you were wondering whether there is any difference between brand-name Modafinil and its generic counterparts, there isn’t. Generic brands contain exactly the same active ingredient and have the same potency, dose, and effects.
There is ZERO difference between generic Modafinil products and brand name Modafinil in terms of effectiveness.
In fact, the only difference is the price; generic Modafinil can be up to ten times cheaper than the Modiodal stocked by Finnish pharmacies.
That being said, you may notice a difference between the generic products. In our experience, Modalert is slightly more potent than Modvigil, but that’s just us. We recommend you order a sample pack from one of our vendors above and test them all for yourself.
Here's the deal. You won't get arrested for possessing a small amount of Modafinil in Finland. It’s not a controlled substance and possession for personal use is fine. The worst that could happen is that your order gets seized by customs. In this case, you’ll get a free reship and full refund…if you ordered from one of our recommended vendors.
However, there’s one good reason why you may be interested in other nootropics…
You can’t (and shouldn’t) take Modafinil every day.
As we explained earlier, Modafinil increases dopamine in the brain, meaning that there is a low risk of developing a dependence. Unlike amphetamines, Modafinil is considered to be non-addictive and there are virtually no reported cases of people becoming addicted or dependent on the drug .
To stay on the safe side, we suggest you take no more than 200mg per dose and limit your use to twice or thrice a week. On days when you aren’t taking Modafinil but still want to get some serious work done, we recommend a completely safe, over-the-counter Modafinil alternative:
Mind Lab Pro
Mind Lab Pro is almost like a nootropic multivitamin. It’s drug-free and, unlike Modafinil, causes no side effects. You can take it year-round and never become addicted or suffer from any adverse effects. This makes it an ideal nootropic to take on your ‘off’ days from Modafinil.
So what makes Mind Lab Pro so effective?
Well, for starters it contains premium forms of 11 different natural nootropics. These each correspond to a different area of your cognition and provide ‘whole-brain’ optimization.
For example, there’s N Acetyl-L-Tyrosine, which acts as a powerful cognitive enhancer, especially when you feel stressed.
Then there’s Bacopa Monnieri, a natural ingredient that’s remarkably similar to the active components in Modafinil .
These two nootropics, combined with the other 9 ingredients, work in synergy to target one of six different ‘pathways’ in your brain. This means you get effects that are similar to Modafinil, but with healing, creativity, and rejuvenating effects too.
The only drawback is that Mind Lab Pro doesn’t give you the 12+ hours of unbroken focus that you can expect from Modafinil. But it still offers a respectable 6+ hours worth of heightened focus and increased productivity. Not bad, if you ask us.
It's our go-to alternative for a reason.
Mind Lab Pro just works!
Mind Lab Pro!
Modafinil in Finland | The Verdict
That about wraps it up.
Everything you need to know about buying Modafinil in Finland right now. From legalities to prescriptions, and of course, online buying options.
- Biederman J, Swanson JM, Wigal SB, Boellner SW, Earl CQ, Lopez FA; Modafinil ADHD Study Group. A comparison of once-daily and divided doses of modafinil in children with attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder: a randomized, double-blind, and placebo-controlled study. J Clin Psychiatry. 2006 May;67(5):727-35. doi: 10.4088/jcp.v67n0506. PMID: 16841622.
- Dackis CA, Kampman KM, Lynch KG, Pettinati HM, O'Brien CP. A double-blind, placebo-controlled trial of modafinil for cocaine dependence. Neuropsychopharmacology. 2005 Jan;30(1):205-11. doi: 10.1038/sj.npp.1300600. PMID: 15525998.#
- Gerrard P, Malcolm R. Mechanisms of modafinil: A review of current research. Neuropsychiatr Dis Treat. 2007;3(3):349–364.
- Brown RE, Stevens DR, Haas HL. The physiology of brain histamine. Prog Neurobiol. 2001;63(6):637-672. doi:10.1016/s0301-0082(00)00039-3
- Zolkowska D, Jain R, Rothman RB, Partilla JS, Roth BL, Setola V, Prisinzano TE, Baumann MH. Evidence for the involvement of dopamine transporters in behavioral stimulant effects of modafinil. J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 2009 May;329(2):738-46. doi: 10.1124/jpet.108.146142. Epub 2009 Feb 5. PMID: 19197004; PMCID: PMC2672878.
- Minzenberg MJ, Carter CS. Modafinil: a review of neurochemical actions and effects on cognition. Neuropsychopharmacology. 2008 Jun;33(7):1477-502. doi: 10.1038/sj.npp.1301534. Epub 2007 Aug 22. PMID: 17712350.
- Young JW. Dopamine D1 and D2 receptor family contributions to modafinil-induced wakefulness. J Neurosci. 2009;29(9):2663–2665. doi:10.1523/JNEUROSCI.5843-08.2009
- Pigeau R, Naitoh P, Buguet A, McCann C, Baranski J, Taylor M, Thompson M, MacK I I. Modafinil, d-amphetamine and placebo during 64 hours of sustained mental work. I. Effects on mood, fatigue, cognitive performance and body temperature. J Sleep Res. 1995 Dec;4(4):212-228. doi: 10.1111/j.1365-2869.1995.tb00172.x. PMID: 10607161.
- Müller, U., Rowe, J. B., Rittman, T., Lewis, C., Robbins, T. W., & Sahakian, B. J. (2013, January). Effects of modafinil on non-verbal cognition, task enjoyment and creative thinking in healthy volunteers. Retrieved from https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3485563/
- fi. 2020. Lääkealan Turvallisuus- Ja Kehittämiskeskuksen… 1095/2009 – Säädökset Alkuperäisinä – FINLEX ®. [online] Available at: <https://finlex.fi/fi/laki/alkup/2009/20091095> [Accessed 29 November 2020].
- Krishnan R, Chary KV. A rare case modafinil dependence. J Pharmacol Pharmacother. 2015;6(1):49-50. doi:10.4103/0976-500X.149149
- Kongkeaw C, Dilokthornsakul P, Thanarangsarit P, Limpeanchob N, Norman Scholfield C. Meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials on cognitive effects of Bacopa monnieri extract. J Ethnopharmacol. 2014;151(1):528-535. doi:10.1016/j.jep.2013.11.008