Curious about how to buy Modafinil in Switzerland these days? If so, then this is the only guide you need.
In this in-depth guide, we'll break down everything you need to know about buying Modafinil and nootropics in one of the richest countries in the world.
As a decidedly “first-world” country, Switzerland has particularly stringent prescription and import controls. Luckily, it's easy to get your hands on smart drugs here.
If you're looking to buy, just click the link above and you'll be taken to our #1 online Modafinil pharmacy for people living in Switzerland.
For a more detailed overview, including things like legalities and prescriptions, just keep on reading this article.
We've detailed numerous topics you might be curious about below.
Disclaimer: Modafinil.com does not offer medical diagnosis or treatment advice. Modafinil.com makes no claims that the products referenced can cure, treat or prevent any conditions, including any conditions referenced on its website or in print materials. Patients suffering from any of these conditions should consult their physician prior to using prescription medication. This information, including any referenced scientific or clinical research, is made available for educational purposes only. Modafinil.com makes every effort to ensure that any information it shares complies with national and international standards for clinical trial information and is committed to the timely disclosure of the design and results of all interventional clinical studies for innovative treatments publicly available or that may be made available. However, research is not considered conclusive. Always consult your healthcare provider with any questions. Statements regarding Modafinil.com products are the opinions of the individuals making them and are not necessarily the same as those of Modafinil.com..
What is Modafinil?
Before digging too deep into the specifics of Modafinil in Switzerland and how it became so popular, let's dive into what Modafinil is and the benefits it offers.
The two French scientists who discovered Modafinil in the 1970s quickly realized that they had a potent ‘wakefulness’ drug on their hands. But they had no idea what their creation would eventually be used for.
Fast-forward a few decades and Modafinil was released in France as a pharmaceutical drug called ‘Modiodal’ in 1994. It was prescribed to treat sleep-related ailments like narcolepsy, Shift work disorder, and sleep apnea . Modiodal was launched in Switzerland in 2006.
However, Modafinil soon became known as a drug that could enhance cognition. Doctors found that it could help treat conditions like ADHD, schizophrenia, and cocaine addiction.
In the early 2000s, news about Modafinil’s ‘off label’ spread outside the medical community and the drug started being used ‘off prescription’ as a so-called ‘smart drug’, in a similar fashion to Adderall.
Many Ivy League graduate students and Silicon Valley CEOs began taking Modafinil as a “nootropic” to get ahead of their competition.
Because Modafinil offers crazy cognitive benefits like:
- Improved memory.
- Higher motivation.
- Enhanced productivity (no procrastination).
- Better work output.
- …And so much more!
Many users found that ingesting Modafinil in the morning allowed them to work for over 12 hours with “hyper-focus” and increased motivation.
Some individuals even found that Modafinil allowed them to get two workdays completed in one! Oh, and these benefits weren’t just hearsay. Modafinil has been proven to enhance cognition and improve brain power in a plethora of studies .
We’re certainly not saying Modafinil is a miracle drug – it has its limitations. But as a cognitive enhancer, it’s second to none.
Modafinil Side Effects and Safety
Since Modafinil is a prescription drug, it does come with side effects. Fortunately, these are typically quite mild and can be mitigated or avoided completely by simply taking a few basic precautions.
So, what are some side effects that you should know about before taking Modafinil? The main ones to watch for are things like a dry mouth, upset stomach, diarrhea, anxiety, headaches, and nausea .
Another common side effect is dehydration, but that’s simply because Modafinil acts as an appetite suppressant. You need to remember to drink plenty of water when you take Modafinil. We suggest at least two liters of water per day when you’re taking this smart drug.
For first-time users who want a “sign” that Modafinil is kicking in, getting a dry mouth will typically happen after around 20-30 minutes of taking the pill.
There are very few serious side effects worth writing about as they are extremely unlikely to happen, but one that we feel is worth your attention is tachycardia.
Basically, tachycardia happens when your resting heart rate is much faster and irregular than usual. By ‘resting' heart rate, we mean your heart rate when you are standing still.
If you notice that your heart rate is above 100 beats per minute and/or beating at an irregular pace, stop taking Modafinil right away and make sure you see a doctor immediately.
Is Modafinil Legal in Switzerland?
As a Swiss citizen or expat living in the country, we’re sure that you're concerned about things like legalities. After all, this isn't Colombia or Mexico! You can't simply walk into a pharmacy and buy whatever you want.
Is Modafinil legal in Switzerland?
As you might expect, Modafinil falls in a legal “grey area” here in Switzerland. Here's why:
While Switzerland is not a member of the European Union (EU) or the European Economic Area (EEA), the country is part of the single market . As such, regulatory agencies, like the European Medicines Agency (EMA) and the Swiss Agency for Therapeutic Products (Swissmedic) are responsible for the laws regarding pharmaceutical sales in the country.
According to the EMA, Modafinil is considered to be a pharmaceutical drug — and nearly a decade ago the organization concluded that the product should only be prescribed for patients with narcolepsy .
Modafinil was launched in Switzerland under the brand name ‘Modiodal’ in 2006. To legally purchase some from a registered pharmacy in Switzerland, you're required to have a prescription because you suffer from narcolepsy.
This prescription would generally be for Provigil or Modiodal. Once you have the prescription, you can legally purchase and use Modafinil in the country.
Without a prescription, you CANNOT buy brand-name or generic Modafinil or Armodafinil from a pharmacy — it is illegal for pharmacies to sell it to anyone without a prescription. However, possessing Modafinil is not a crime. This is due to how Switzerland schedules medicines.
Pharmaceutical drugs are allowed for personal use.
You are allowed to have a small amount of Modafinil in your possession for personal use without a prescription in Switzerland.
While we've yet to come across literature stating exactly what number of Modafinil tablets constitutes “personal use” exactly, we'd recommend ordering 100 tablets or less at a time.
P.S: It should also be noted that ZERO individuals have ever had legal trouble ordering Modafinil online and shipping to Switzerland. I'm no lawyer, but the worse that could happen is Swiss customs confiscates the package.
How to Get a Modafinil Prescription in Switzerland
As mentioned above, you'll generally have to prove you have narcolepsy to get a Modafinil prescription in Switzerland. That's just the way it is.
However, many doctors in Switzerland have found patients coming in for yearly physicals and requesting “neuro-enhancement” in some way, shape, or form. In other words, individuals in Switzerland who do not have narcolepsy but want to use Modafinil and/or Armodafinil.
Here's how many doctors in Switzerland handle these requests :
“Swiss psychiatrists and general practitioners are confronted with requests for neuroenhancement, albeit not very frequently. Most participants embrace a pragmatic position towards neuroenhancement, although there is also a considerable degree of uncertainty about the appropriateness of a categorical refusal. A minority would follow a consumer model that leaves the decision about the use of neuroenhancers to the client, even though this conflicts with legal requirements regarding drug prescriptions.”
It appears some doctors in the country will prescribe Modafinil for off-the-label uses. While we have not confirmed any of these cases, this appears to be the case. Most people will find ordering generic Modafinil online both easier and far cheaper than going to a doctor and asking for the nootropic.
Which is covered in-depth below…
Where to Buy Modafinil in Switzerland | 2021 Guide
For those looking to enhance cognition, you may have skipped right to this section.
Exactly how you can buy Modafinil online in Switzerland and which vendors are the best-of-the-best.
After ordering Modafinil from more than a dozen vendors over the years, we've found that the two vendors below do an absolutely great job.
Both of these vendors ships Modafinil to Switzerland with GUARANTEED delivery:
Buy Moda is our favorite Modafinil vendor for anyone living in Switzerland — and for good reason. Their success rate shipping to this country is second to none and almost all their packages get through to Switzerland. They've been around for years and have an incredible track record and reputation for selling legit smart drugs.
Here's what we love about these guys:
- GUARANTEED Delivery: Either you get your smart drugs, or you’ll get a free reshipment. If this second delivery doesn’t get through, Buy Moda will give you a complete refund.
- Huge Bitcoin Discount: We know that not everyone is into Bitcoin but Buy Moda makes it worth your while with a whopping 20% discount.
- Great Bonuses: We've found Buy Moda offers some of the cheapest generic Modafinil around. They’ll give you 30 FREE pills if you order more than $150 and give you a 20-pill bonus for your subsequent orders.
- Fast Shipping: Most orders from Switzerland are delivered in under nine days, making Buy Moda one of the speediest Modafinil vendors we’ve ever tested.
- Impressive Customer Service: Buy Moda is American owned and all staff are American – trust us; you’ll notice a world of difference between this and other online pharmacies. Help is always at hand to answer any questions.
Overall, we’re confident recommending Buy Moda as they offer kick-ass service, fast shipping, and high-quality Modafinil.
Get 10% off all Buy Moda products as a Modafinil.com reader.
Just use this code at checkout: BUYMODA#1
The second Modafinil vendor we recommend for anyone living in Switzerland is Dino Supplies. We’ve placed dozens or orders from these guys and they have always delivered.
Here are some of the things we love about them:
- Small Orders: Dino Suppliues lets you can buy as few as 30 Modafinil (Modalert) tablets at a time. That’s great if you just want to test it out and see how your body responds. They also sell 40-tablet sample packs so you can try different brands and see which one gets the results you're looking for.
- Shipping From Inside Europe: Dino Supplies ships Modafinil from within Europe for European orders. As such, their shipments fly through customs and almost never get stopped. You have nothing to worry about when you order from these guys.
- Guaranteed Delivery: You'll get your Modafinil from Dino Supplies or you'll get your money back. Delivery is guaranteed to Switzerland. You have no risks whatsoever.
- Massive 20% Bitcoin Discount: You can get an impressive 20% off your order when you pay with Bitcoin. Highly recommended.
Overall, we believe that Dino Supplies is one of the best choices for anyone in Switzerland who wants to buy Modafinil online.
Just a small note…
Dino Supplies can be a little more expensive than other vendors if you're placing larger orders. However, they more than make up for this with their great value sample and combo offers and hefty Bitcoin discount.
Get 10% off all Dino Supplies products as a Modafinil.com reader.
Just use this code at checkout: DINOMODA6854
‘Brand Name' Modafinil and Armodafinil in Switzerland
When looking to get a Modafinil prescription in Switzerland, there aren't many available products your physician can prescribe.
There's generally only a couple forms of brand name Modafinil and Armodafinil in Switzerland:
- Provigil (Modafinil)
- Modiodal (Modafinil)
- Nuvigil (Armodafinil)
Both of the pharmaceutical drugs above are brand name products and tend to be quite expensive — even when filling your prescription with health insurance.
When talking about generic forms of Modafinil and Armodafinil available all throughout Europe, there tends to be four main products for sale.
Here are the most common Modafinil products:
Here are the most common Armodafinil products:
All the nootropic products above do an exceptional job of offering cognitive enhancement and brain-boosting benefits. However, most people find they prefer one over the others.
Personally, we’re huge fans of Modalert.
We’ve found Modalert to be the strongest generic Modafinil product available and tend to stick with it these days — after testing over a dozen smart drug products.
Some individuals may not like buying a product that falls in a legal “grey area” like Modafinil does.
We get that, especially in a country like Switzerland. But we still need to enhance the mind a bit, right? Of course!
So we wanted to recommend an over-the-counter nootropic you can order while living in Switzerland:
Mind Lab Pro
We'll try not to hype this to the moon, but here's the deal…
This is our favorite over-the-counter nootropic as of writing this article. While it's not as potent or as powerful as Modafinil, there's no denying how awesome Mind Lab Pro is.
Here's what we love about Mind Lab Pro:
The stuff offers 6-9+ hours of enhanced cognition and a ‘smooth’ focus that allows you to tune into any task and crush it. We get a lot of work done when taking this stuff.
This nootropic also offers solid creative benefits. While Modafinil is a workhorse that can be used to crush your daily tasks, Mind Lab Pro offers enhanced creativity that most nootropics simply don't. Our mind just flows better when we take it.
The smart drug is made up of 11 brain-boosting ingredients that work together to keep your cognition flowing throughout the day.
The two “main” ingredients are Citicoline and Bacopa monnieri – you can buy each of them separately but Mind Lab Pro stacks them together for maximum benefit. In our opinion, this is the top natural nootropic stack you can take;
- Citicoline protects the brain and helps prevent neurodegenerative disorders .
- Bacopa monnieri has been shown (in randomized controlled trials) to enhance overall cognition .
Mind Lab Pro contains premium forms of these powerful nootropics, meaning they have high bioavailability and your body can use them instantly.
The other ingredient worth mentioning is something called Lion’s Mane Mushroom, or Yamabushitake. This is an incredibly popular nootropic that’s often mixed with coffee because it’s so good for improving cognition. We love it because has a real ‘kick’ to it, and is one of the few natural nootropics that’s been proven to work in a double-blind placebo-controlled clinical trial. This stuff just works .
Overall, Mind Lab Pro delivers amazing results but its ace card is that it’s certified drug free and safe enough to use year-round. Unlike other natural nootropics, Mind Lab Pro isn’t stuffed full of caffeine, so it doesn’t make us wired, anxious, or dizzy, like other high-caffeine products .
We use Mind Lab Pro on days when we’re not using Modafinil. We suggest taking Modafinil no more than once or twice per week – you should never take it every day. Taking Mind Lab Pro on our ‘off’ days helps us get a nice boost without developing a tolerance.
This is known as ‘cycling’ and it’s an important part of taking smart drugs safely. You see, Modafinil is basically a stimulant that increases levels of histamine far beyond normal levels . This is why you don’t feel tired after taking it – your mind is buzzing from all the extra histamine .
But Modafinil also increases dopamine levels . This is what gives Modafinil all of its ‘smart drug’ benefits like better mood, memory, and cognitive performance. But it’s also risky; just like any drug that increases dopamine, there is a slight possibility of developing a tolerance or dependence .
Thankfully, cases of people becoming ‘hooked’ on Modafinil are virtually unheard of, but you still need to be careful. That’s why we suggest taking it no more than twice per week. Save it for days where you need to destroy a ton of work – on every other day, use Mind Lab Pro.
Highly recommended overall.
Mind Lab Pro!
Modafinil in Switzerland | The Verdict?
That's about it!
Everything you must know about buying Modafinil in Switzerland.
From legalities, prescription, and where to order online — this guide should provide you with the information you need to succeed when researching nootropics.
- Ikeda Y, Funayama T, Tateno A, Fukayama H, Okubo Y, et al. Modafinil enhances alerting-related brain activity in attention networks. Psychopharmacology (Berl). 2017;234(14):2077-2089. doi: 10.1007/s00213-017-4614-9
- Kim D. Practical use and risk of modafinil, a novel waking drug. Environ Health Toxicol. 2012;27:e2012007. doi:10.5620/eht.2012.27.e2012007
- Apo-Modafinil. (n.d.). Retrieved from https://www.rexall.ca/articles/view/2663/Apo-Modafinil
- European Economic Area (EEA). (n.d.). Retrieved from https://www.efta.int/eea
- European Medicines Agency recommends restricting the use of modafinil. (2010, July 22). Retrieved from https://www.ema.europa.eu/en/news/european-medicines-agency-recommends-restricting-use-modafinil
- Ott R, Lenk C, Miller N, Neuhaus Bühler R, Biller-Andorno N. Neuroenhancement – perspectives of Swiss psychiatrists and general practitioners. Swiss Med Wkly. 2012 Nov 27;142:w13707. doi: 10.4414/smw.2012.13707
- HAB Pharma home. Retrieved from https://habpharma.in/
- Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd. (n.d.). Retrieved from https://www.sunpharma.com/
- Grieb P. Neuroprotective properties of citicoline: facts, doubts and unresolved issues. CNS Drugs. 2014;28(3):185-193. doi:10.1007/s40263-014-0144-8
- Kongkeaw C, Dilokthornsakul P, Thanarangsarit P, Limpeanchob N, Norman Scholfield C. Meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials on cognitive effects of Bacopa monnieri extract. J Ethnopharmacol. 2014;151(1):528-535. doi:10.1016/j.jep.2013.11.008
- Mori K, Inatomi S, Ouchi K, Azumi Y, Tuchida T. Improving effects of the mushroom Yamabushitake (Hericium erinaceus) on mild cognitive impairment: a double-blind placebo-controlled clinical trial. Phytother Res. 2009;23(3):367-372. doi:10.1002/ptr.2634
- Wikoff D, Welsh BT, Henderson R, et al. Systematic review of the potential adverse effects of caffeine consumption in healthy adults, pregnant women, adolescents, and children. Food Chem Toxicol. 2017;109(Pt 1):585-648. doi:10.1016/j.fct.2017.04.002
- Ishizuka T, Sakamoto Y, Sakurai T, Yamatodani A. Modafinil increases histamine release in the anterior hypothalamus of rats. Neurosci Lett. 2003;339(2):143-146. doi:10.1016/s0304-3940(03)00006-5
- Brown RE, Stevens DR, Haas HL. The physiology of brain histamine. Prog Neurobiol. 2001;63(6):637-672. doi:10.1016/s0301-0082(00)00039-3
- Zolkowska D, Jain R, Rothman RB, Partilla JS, Roth BL, Setola V, Prisinzano TE, Baumann MH. Evidence for the involvement of dopamine transporters in behavioral stimulant effects of modafinil. J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 2009 May;329(2):738-46. doi: 10.1124/jpet.108.146142. Epub 2009 Feb 5. PMID: 19197004; PMCID: PMC2672878.
- Minzenberg MJ, Carter CS. Modafinil: a review of neurochemical actions and effects on cognition. Neuropsychopharmacology. 2008 Jun;33(7):1477-502. doi: 10.1038/sj.npp.1301534. Epub 2007 Aug 22. PMID: 17712350.