Have you been searching for how to buy Modafinil in Puerto Rico?
If so, we’ve got you covered.
In this detailed guide, we'll discuss everything you need to know about Modafinil, the world's most popular smart drug, and explain exactly how to get your hands on some.
If you’re looking for the fastest, easiest way, check out our top vendor below…
But we have a feeling that you’re looking for more than just our preferred Modafinil vendor. That’s why we'll be discussing legalities, prescriptions, online buying options, and so much more.
We'll also take a look at Modafinil and Puerto Rico's unique importation system, along with other nootropics available.
What is Modafinil?
Modafinil is the undisputed “King” of nootropics, that much is clear.
Yet it didn't start that way. Modafinil was discovered in France in the '70s and developed as an experimental treatment for narcolepsy, a condition that causes people to feel uncontrollably sleepy during the day . Modafinil increases levels of histamine in the brain, helping people fight fatigue and stay awake for longer.
France was the first country to approve Modafinil and it was launched there as ‘Modiodal’ in 1994. The FDA approved Modafinil as a narcolepsy treatment in 1998, and its popularity exploded. Besides narcolepsy, Modafinil now helps treat a range of sleep-related disorders including sleep apnea, Shift work disorder, fatigue, and more.
But Modafinil doesn’t just help people stay awake. It also offers numerous cognitive benefits and has been used to treat Attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) , and cocaine dependence , besides other cognitive issues. These ‘off label’ benefits soon became well-known and Modafinil’s popularity began to grow.
Soon, every hustler, CEO, entrepreneur, and grad student looking to gain an ‘edge’ started experimenting with Modafinil for its massive performance benefits. The ‘off prescription’ (self-administered) use of the drug became commonplace in high-pressure workplaces and colleges across the globe.
A 200mg Modafinil pill offers benefits such as:
- Insane “tunnel-vision” focus .
- Improved memory and short-term recall .
- Reduced fatigue .
- More motivation.
- Superior problem-solving ability .
Overall, Modafinil is the go-to supplement for those looking for an edge. It's the world's favorite nootropic for a reason…
Modafinil Side Effects and Safety
While Modafinil is an exceptionally safe smart drug, it can cause a range of side effects. It’s important to consider these before deciding whether this drug is right for you.
Luckily, there simply aren’t too many major concerns when taking Modafinil, especially if you take the recommended dose of 100-200mg.
You may experience a few mild side effects such as :
- Loss of appetite
- Dry throat/mouth
These side effects are typically very mild and can easily be mitigated or avoided altogether. Serious side effects are incredibly rare with this pharmaceutical drug.
For example, if you find that Modafinil interferes with your sleep, you can try taking your next dose earlier in the morning. Modafinil's half-life is only 12+ hours so if you take it early its effects should have subsided by bedtime.
If you experience a dry mouth or throat, headaches, or nausea, the most likely cause is dehydration. Modafinil is a powerful appetite suppressant so it’s quite normal to forget to eat and drink enough during the day. To avoid these effects, make a conscious effort to drink at least two liters of water and stick with your regular meal times.
Multiple studies have shown that Modafinil is extremely safe and well-tolerated by healthy individuals with no pre-existing conditions . Of course, taking large doses (over 200mg) will increase the risk of side effects. Just like any drug that increases dopamine in the brain, Modafinil can theoretically lead to dependence issues if you take vast amounts [10, 11].
The good news is that cases of people becoming ‘dependent’ on Modafinil are extremely rare . As long as you are careful to only take 100-200mg of the drug per day and limit your use to once or twice per week, there’s really nothing to worry about.
To stay on the safe side, we recommend taking a complete two-week break from Modafinil every two months. This prevents your body from building a tolerance. Don’t worry, we’ll recommend a powerful Modafinil alternative later in this guide!
Is Modafinil Legal in Puerto Rico?
In Puerto Rico, Modafinil falls into a bit of a legal “grey area”. The answer is yes, Modafinil is legal…if you have a prescription.
Modafinil is legal in Puerto Rico.
You see, Puerto Rico falls under US governmental jurisdiction because it's a territory of the United States.
More specifically, the DEA considers Modafinil a schedule IV controlled substance . Schedule IV is not remarkably dangerous, and so it's not legislated that harshly.
But you do need that prescription to buy it from a pharmacy. So individuals who want to buy Modafinil must visit a doctor and get a prescription first.
Puerto Rico isn't like Mexico. You can't simply walk into a pharmacy and buy Modafinil over-the-counter.
How to Get a Modafinil Prescription in Puerto Rico
You have to have narcolepsy or another sleep-related disorder to get Modafinil prescribed in Puerto Rico, as the island has similar pharmaceutical laws to the United States.
Now, you can try and convince a doctor that you have a sleep-related issue, but we don’t advise you to go that route. Doctors will want to conduct an overnight sleep study to confirm that you have narcolepsy before making a diagnosis. At that point, the truth will come out.
Overall, it's not easy to obtain a Modafinil prescription in Puerto Rico.
However, it is easy to order generic Modafinil online. The good news? You save about 75-90% when you shop online. Yes, it is way CHEAPER to buy Modafinil online than from a pharmacy in Puerto Rico. You don’t even need a prescription.
The best part? Generic Modafinil is just as good as the brand name Modafinil – ‘Provigil’ – that you’d find in a pharmacy.
Where to Buy Modafinil Online in Puerto Rico | 2021 Guide
This is the section you’ve been waiting for.
Both of the vendors you're about to read about are extremely professional, reliable, and reputable.
They have thousands of positive reviews on sites like TrustPilot from satisfied customers. Our team has made dozens of orders from them and can attest to the speed of their shipping and the quality of their products.
Buy Moda is by far the best Modafinil vendor currently operating. They are one of the oldest vendors and have built a solid reputation as a trusted supplier that ships worldwide.
Their products are great, their service is phenomenal, and they have enough discounts and deals to suit everybody's budget.
Here's a more in-depth look:
- Great Product Selection: Buy Moda carries three of the best generic Modafinil products around; Modvigil, Modalert, and Artvigil. You’re guaranteed to find something you like here.
- Guaranteed Delivery: You’ll never lose money when you buy from Buy Moda. They back up every single order with a 100% money-back guarantee. Either your Modafinil arrives or you can ask for a free reship or complete refund. Your choice.
- Huge Bitcoin Bonus: Buy Moda offers an unbeatable 20% discount on your entire order if you pay with Bitcoin (BTC). This makes Modafinil even more economical!
- Returning Customer Bonus: If you spend over $150, you’ll get 30 free pills and if you make a second purchase, you’ll get 20% more.
- Outstanding Customer Service: Buy Moda is 100% American-owned and operated which means that all their customer service team is fantastic. They are very responsive to emails and have a 24/7 chatbot for instant info and details.
- Discreet Packaging: If you’re living with your parents, housemates or anyone else who you’d prefer not to know about your Modafinil habit, Buy Moda provides discreet packaging, so your order will stay private.
As you can see, Buy Moda is a tremendous vendor. They offer industry-leading service, fair prices, and come:
Get 15% off all Buy Moda products as a Modafinil.com reader.
Just use this code at checkout: BUYMODA#1
Next up, we have Modafinil XL. These guys give Buy Moda some stiff competition and may even be the best Modafinil vendor depending on who you ask. They have fantastic deals and a uniquely informative website, making them ideal for Modafinil newbies.
To be more specific:
- Wide Selection of Products: The sheer number of products to choose from at Modafinil XL is nothing short of staggering. They stock common brands like Modvigil, but they also have plenty of less common ones like Modafresh. They even carry a sublingual Modafinil product if you’re looking for variety. You’re bound to find something that meets your needs.
- Guaranteed Delivery: As any good vendor should, Modafinil XL backs up every order with a 100% money-back guarantee and gives reships and refunds as required.
- Free Shipping on Large Orders: Modafinil XL offers free shipping on all orders over $80 in value and increases this to free express shipping on all orders above $150. Shipping is fast and delivery is guaranteed – what more could you ask for?
- Informative Website: Modafinil XL has an educational website that is ideal for those new to Modafinil or other nootropics.
Modafinil XL does a great job overall. Just like Buy Moda, they offer a solid 20% off if you use Bitcoin (BTC).
Try them – they won't disappoint!
Get 10% off all ModafinilXL products as a Modafinil.com reader.
Just use this code at checkout: ENJOY10OFF
‘Brand Name' Modafinil and Armodafinil in Puerto Rico
Online stores don't carry brand name Modafinil – i.e. ‘Provigil’. Nor do they stock brand name Armodafinil – i.e. ‘Nuvigil’, which is the enantiopure compound of Modafinil.
Online you'll find generic Modafinil and Armodafinil sold under the following brand names:
Members of our team have tried all of these brands and we can attest to the fact that they are all identical to their brand name counterparts. They offer the same great focus, improved productivity, and memory enhancements that you get with Provigil and Nuvigil (brand name Armodafinil).
Basically, there’s no difference. You're not missing anything by using generic Modafinil. The only real difference is that generic Modafinil is about ten times cheaper than ‘brand name’ Modafinil.
Our personal favorite is “Modalert”, but we strongly encourage you to experiment with all the generic brands and find your own best fit. The best way to do that?
You won't get arrested for possessing Modafinil in Puerto Rico. It's not a narcotic and using it isn’t that big of a deal. The worst that can happen is that your package gets seized at customs and then you'll get a full refund from the vendor.
Still, there is one good reason to consider other nootropics.
It simply isn’t healthy to use Modafinil more than a couple of times per week. You risk building a dependence and seeing the cognitive benefits decline. That’s why we recommend that you give your body a complete two-week break after every two months of using Modafinil.
When you want a cognitive boost on your “off” days from Modafinil, we recommend:
Mind Lab Pro
Mind Lab Pro is like an all-in-one nootropic multivitamin. Unlike Modafinil, it’s not a drug and is available over-the-counter. It contains 11 natural ingredients that work synergistically to boost, heal, rejuvenate, and replenish one of six different pathways in your brain.
Specifically, these ingredients are:
- Vitamins B6, B9, and B12: To give your brain’s health an overall boost .
- Bacopa Monnieri: A naturally occurring substance that increases blood flow to the brain and promotes neuronal regeneration .
- Citicoline: Another natural nootropic that studies have shown to speed up your thinking and clear out toxins .
- Lion’s Mane Mushroom: A unique memory-boosting nootropic that helps promote new cellular formation .
As Mind Lab Pro is certified drug-free, it is classified as a dietary supplement. This means that it is completely side-effect free and can be taken up to five days per week, making it ideal for days when you aren’t taking Modafinil but still want to crush your workload.
The downside? Mind Lab Pro doesn’t last for 12 hours like Modafinil. Instead, it gives you a nice, solid 6 hours, which is still plenty enough time to be productive and get on top of your workload. Honestly, unless you need to work 16 hours per day every day, Mind Lab Pro is all you need!
Mind Lab Pro!
Modafinil in Puerto Rico | The Verdict
That about does it regarding buying Modafinil in Puerto Rico. Everything you'd ever need to know about smart drugs in the Caribbean is covered above.
From legalities to safety, prescriptions, and online buying options, we’ve covered it all in this entertaining guide. If you combine Modafinil with a solid nutrition and exercise plan, you’ll be unstoppable!
- Gerrard, Paul, and Robert Malcolm. “Mechanisms of modafinil: A review of current research.” Neuropsychiatric disease and treatment 3,3 (2007): 349-64.
- Biederman J, Swanson JM, Wigal SB, Boellner SW, Earl CQ, Lopez FA; Modafinil ADHD Study Group. A comparison of once-daily and divided doses of modafinil in children with attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder: a randomized, double-blind, and placebo-controlled study. J Clin Psychiatry. 2006 May;67(5):727-35. doi: 10.4088/jcp.v67n0506. PMID: 16841622.
- Dackis CA, Kampman KM, Lynch KG, Pettinati HM, O'Brien CP. A double-blind, placebo-controlled trial of modafinil for cocaine dependence. Neuropsychopharmacology. 2005 Jan;30(1):205-11. doi: 10.1038/sj.npp.1300600. PMID: 15525998.
- Pigeau R, Naitoh P, Buguet A, McCann C, Baranski J, Taylor M, Thompson M, MacK I I. Modafinil, d-amphetamine and placebo during 64 hours of sustained mental work. I. Effects on mood, fatigue, cognitive performance and body temperature. J Sleep Res. 1995 Dec;4(4):212-228. doi: 10.1111/j.1365-2869.1995.tb00172.x. PMID: 10607161.
- Müller, U., Rowe, J. B., Rittman, T., Lewis, C., Robbins, T. W., & Sahakian, B. J. (2013, January). Effects of modafinil on non-verbal cognition, task enjoyment and creative thinking in healthy volunteers. Retrieved from https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3485563/
- Baranski JV, Pigeau RA. Self-monitoring cognitive performance during sleep deprivation: effects of modafinil, d-amphetamine and placebo. J Sleep Res. 1997 Jun;6(2):84-91. doi: 10.1111/j.1365-2869.1997.00032.x. PMID: 9377538.
- Chapotot F, Pigeau R, Canini F, Bourdon L, Buguet A. Distinctive effects of modafinil and d-amphetamine on the homeostatic and circadian modulation of the human waking EEG. Psychopharmacology (Berl). 2003 Mar;166(2):127-38. doi: 10.1007/s00213-002-1315-8. Epub 2003 Jan 28. PMID: 12552359.
- Side Effects of Provigil (Modafinil), Warnings, Uses. (2018, May 8). Retrieved from https://www.rxlist.com/provigil-side-effects-drug-center.htm
- Teodorini, R. D., Rycroft, N., & Smith-Spark, J. H. (2020, February 5). The off-prescription use of modafinil: An online survey of perceived risks and benefits. Retrieved from https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7001904/
- Zolkowska D, Jain R, Rothman RB, Partilla JS, Roth BL, Setola V, Prisinzano TE, Baumann MH. Evidence for the involvement of dopamine transporters in behavioral stimulant effects of modafinil. J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 2009 May;329(2):738-46. doi: 10.1124/jpet.108.146142. Epub 2009 Feb 5. PMID: 19197004; PMCID: PMC2672878.
- Minzenberg MJ, Carter CS. Modafinil: a review of neurochemical actions and effects on cognition. Neuropsychopharmacology. 2008 Jun;33(7):1477-502. doi: 10.1038/sj.npp.1301534. Epub 2007 Aug 22. PMID: 17712350.
- Krishnan R, Chary KV. A rare case modafinil dependence. J Pharmacol Pharmacother. 2015;6(1):49-50. doi:10.4103/0976-500X.149149
- Drug Scheduling. (n.d.). Retrieved from https://www.dea.gov/druginfo/ds.shtml
- Kennedy DO. B Vitamins and the Brain: Mechanisms, Dose and Efficacy–A Review. Nutrients. 2016 Jan 27;8(2):68. doi: 10.3390/nu8020068. PMID: 26828517; PMCID: PMC4772032.
- Kongkeaw C, Dilokthornsakul P, Thanarangsarit P, Limpeanchob N, Norman Scholfield C. Meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials on cognitive effects of Bacopa monnieri extract. J Ethnopharmacol. 2014;151(1):528-535. doi:10.1016/j.jep.2013.11.008
- Grieb P. Neuroprotective properties of citicoline: facts, doubts and unresolved issues. CNS Drugs. 2014;28(3):185-193. doi:10.1007/s40263-014-0144-8
- Mori K, Inatomi S, Ouchi K, Azumi Y, Tuchida T. Improving effects of the mushroom Yamabushitake (Hericium erinaceus) on mild cognitive impairment: a double-blind placebo-controlled clinical trial. Phytother Res. 2009;23(3):367-372. doi:10.1002/ptr.2634